"I was never a pole dancer... I was the pole"S.S. Isa

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I was waiting all day for the System Shock install to become available and it just did, looking forward to playing it since I'm on vacation. I was always a big fan of System Shock 2, even though I missed the original.
1685462849248.png
1685462910350.png

That game controller.

I haven't been able to get into Cyberpunk 2077 yet, but that may just be because even though I bought it when it was on sale, I have limited time to play games. I was somewhat disappointed it seemed to be less of an RPG than I was expecting. I was hoping for something like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines or Fallout New Vegas.

Last edited:

Alchemyth

Something went seriously wrong in Cyberpunk 2077's development that they've never explained. I've seen the argument that bringing in Keanu was what caused it, but it's just as likely that saved it from being even more of a complete mess. (I'm guessing, with the state the game engine was in when they launched, that it was really technical issues that kept making a mess of everything.)

Naught Dog is unlikely to ever release another game. TLOU2 was the company's suicide note.
I imagine releasing the game on last-gen consoles didn't help the technical side for any platform. Getting Keanu on board was weird, all I ever saw was Keanu playing himself, not Johnny so I'm not sure if it was worth it. Didn't really impact my own enjoyment from the game though, the atmosphere and the soundtrack kept me invested long enough for the story to kick in gear.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I imagine releasing the game on last-gen consoles didn't help the technical side for any platform. Getting Keanu on board was weird, all I ever saw was Keanu playing himself, not Johnny so I'm not sure if it was worth it. Didn't really impact my own enjoyment from the game though, the atmosphere and the soundtrack kept me invested long enough for the story to kick in gear.
Design work started in 2012 and full pre-production in 2016, apparently. They'd have been specifically targeting End of Life Cycle for the consoles, since it'd give them the largest player base available. Something went really off the rails internally.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I was waiting all day for the System Shock install to become available and it just did, looking forward to playing it since I'm on vacation. I was always a big fan of System Shock 2, even though I missed the original.
View attachment 27998View attachment 27999
That game controller.

I haven't been able to get into Cyberpunk 2077 yet, but that may just be because even though I bought it when it was on sale, I have limited time to play games. I was somewhat disappointed it seemed to be less of an RPG than I was expecting. I was hoping for something like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines or Fallout New Vegas.
I remember the stories of development hell with the game. glad it came out.

whatever happened to system shock 3 though? I thought that was another project they were working on. hadn't heard much since 2020

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Been playing the new System Shock game rn and currently enjoying it. Got startled at one point, cause one of the zombie dudes snuck up on me from behind. I didn't know they can be like spawned in from the squares on the ground. Also the games scrapping system really gets my tism. Cause I'm the type of player that searches every square of map to find stuff lmao.

I also thought my game was bugging out at first with the pixelated models on somethings. I thought it was a unreal engine quirk again just taking time to load textures, but nah the game just has a mixture of a modern models with retro pixelated models. Kind of interesting to be honest, can't think of a game I recently played that done that. (and before Cyberpunk 2077 joke :smugpipi:)

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Good to hear System Shock is well-received. I wasn't too hyped for it, but I was looking forward to see if they did it right, and it sounds like they did. Probably won't get it for a bit, but it's definitely one I plan on playing.

UberSoldat

I remember the stories of development hell with the game. glad it came out.

whatever happened to system shock 3 though? I thought that was another project they were working on. hadn't heard much since 2020
Warren Spector left the project and now it's in the hands of Satan Incarnate (Tencent)

chihirogumi

Anyone getting Street Fighter 6?

God's Strongest Dragoon

So turns out that KFC/Diablo leak a month ago that everyone thought was a joke is 100% real.

1685685769873.png
[a]
KFC Diablo Website
1685685826919.png
[a]

UberSoldat

niggaphil

Did anyone play GBO2 (Gundam battle operation 2) released on STEAM? I know the server still fucked up, and it might take a while to fix. Since we have so many gunpla lovers in TVA, I am wondering anyone wanna form a clan for shits and giggles (also a chance to raid other Vtuber if they play.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Anyone getting Street Fighter 6?
I will probably get it but not at launch, and really it depends on how obnoxious the monetization is.

God's Strongest Dragoon

1685954488293.png
[a]
Xbox's VP of Marketing gives more details regarding the "Xbox Games Showcase" coming a week from now.
>They aren't going to do full cinematic trailers for their first party games
>Everything will be either in-game, in-engine, or in-game with some cinematics
>The Showcase will also be followed by a Starfield Direct
>Expected to be about 2 hours of content
So basically we won't be getting some of the shit like Playstation did where they'll advertise a game by just showing a cinematic trailer like the MGS3 remake. We're actually going to see the games themselves. Kind of like the original Skyrim trailer where it was almost entirely in-game and in-engine footage with cinematics mixed in.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@Jambalaya Xbox seems to be in the process of a fairly large upper level reorg/transition. The fact Phil was willing to talk about problems on a public stream with actual questions asked was wild. Though that Chito Gaming point about CG only for un-announced games is really solid.

Redfall is a fascinating failure because it actually gave us a lot of information. The first, and I say this as someone that owns a few Arkane games, they have the worst marketing in the industry and it's not even close. Not because it's piss-poor. No, because it's just good enough to tell you nothing about the game. A CG trailer can actually tell you exactly what is coming in a game, if it's done properly. It gives you an understanding of the primary game mechanics, objectives and intended feel. Arkane trailers look fine, but you get zero feel for the game, the mechanics or what you're supposed to do. While Redfall's first trailer left the distinct impression of "this is going to fail" (and it did), Deathloop was the worst marketing cycle I've really ever seen. Multiple, expensive CG trailers that never told you anything about the game, except that you respawn after you die and it's got a bit of funk to the setting. Compare this to something like Cyberpunk 2077 that made a profit from pre-orders just from the "Wake up Samurai" trailer.

I'm actually still a bit annoyed about the entire commentary cycle around when Phil was talking about the Redfall failure. A VP and head of an entire section at a Trillion Dollar company was being incredibly transparent and answered some hard questions. You don't get that basically ever, in any industry. And the noodle brains couldn't process what he was telling them, for the most part. Phil specifically said what anyone that understands Ecosystems knows: the Xbox One disaster announcement meant they were never winning another console sale generation. Period. Which is why Xbox, under Phil, switched completely to an Ecosystem focus. Game Pass is an absolutely insane deal and that's exactly what they plan to do. Somehow, Google couldn't figure out what Microsoft could figure out. Which is pretty hilarious.

Phil also all but confirmed there was going to be a big internal review of their entire process. Clearly, way too much had broken down and decisions weren't being made early enough. Granted, Bethseda has been a mess with that for a while.

Now, how long is Todd going to ramble about Starfield? The Todd has been suppressed too long.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
It sounds like the Redfall disaster happened in part because Microsoft were trying to not be an overbearing owner who crushes their newly-purchased studios, and figured that Arkane knew what they were doing, when in truth a lot of Arkane staff were hoping that MS would cancel the project.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Following up on the System Shock remake.
So far this games atmosphere reminds me of System Shock 2, which isn't really surprising. I think they added this wrench as a homage to Bioshock
1686004082098.png1686004136459.png

I'll go ahead and recommend this to anyone who likes first person horror/exploration FPS games. I'm having more fun playing it than I have playing one of these types of games in a while. Now that I've gotten into the whole "save every time I save up 100 scrap habit," I'm doing better. I unlocked an armory with a good weapon and an ammo vending machine by doing the hacking minigame.

Hope one of my favorite vTubers decides to play it.
1686004902652.png
I like Shodan's comments when you die, too.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

It sounds like the Redfall disaster happened in part because Microsoft were trying to not be an overbearing owner who crushes their newly-purchased studios, and figured that Arkane knew what they were doing, when in truth a lot of Arkane staff were hoping that MS would cancel the project.
It's taken Microsoft a while to realize Bethesda is dumb.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I'll go ahead and recommend this to anyone who likes first person horror/exploration FPS games. I'm having more fun playing it than I have playing one of these types of games in a while. Now that I've gotten into the whole "save every time I save up 100 scrap habit," I'm doing better. I unlocked an armory with a good weapon and an ammo vending machine by doing the hacking minigame.
I played the demo a while back and it was pretty good, so it's nice to hear that it lives up to its setup. I'd actually forgotten about the System Shock remake so it's a sweet reminder.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Following up on the System Shock remake.
So far this games atmosphere reminds me of System Shock 2, which isn't really surprising. I think they added this wrench as a homage to Bioshock
View attachment 29058View attachment 29059

Hope one of my favorite vTubers decides to play it.
View attachment 29062
I like Shodan's comments when you die, too.
I know Night Dive is working on Shock 2 : Enhanced Edition, but with how fucking good the Shock 1 remake is, I really hope they just let them make an all-out remake of 2, that smooths out some of the balance, gives a reason for some of the skills to exist, removes the fucking platforming, and changes the story slightly so the "foreshadowing" doesn't spoil the twist that SHODAN is alive in the first hour of the game.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I kind of want a deus ex remake of the first game. with how the System shock remake used a balance of retro and modern style graphics in it with some modern update to gameplay. FPS wise at least. I could be wrong but is system shock and deus ex made by same person or people? playing system shock remake kind of gave me those vibes with the huds and gameplay a little.

Top Bottom