"Council forever... at the bottom of the ocean"Magni Dezmond

Vidya Games Thread

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
So Calamity Master/Revengeance after I learned to stop being a caster and actually put some Warding on my accessories rather than go balls-to-the-wall DPS slut like in the base game was pretty good. I stalled HARD on the Moon Lord for a good few tries, but afterwards... everything was pretty good.

The Profaned Guardians were practically zero-effort first time kills.

Providence was low-effort.

Dragonfolly was low-effort.

Polterghast was zero effort, surprisingly enough. Killed it in the least optimal arena possible on my first try.

Old Duke was 4-5 deaths worth of effort.

Devourer of Gods was an absolute goddamn nightmare holy shit purple projectiles on a flashing purple screen fuck you developers I hope you all get crabs.

Yharon was pretty fun and taught me to up my dodging game, though I still have all my accessories reforged to Warding because holy shit everything on Revengeance/Master can casually one-shot you otherwise.

Then I cheated myself Auric Tesla Armor because for SOME GOD DAMN REASON the community patch makes Yharim Bars part of the crafting recipe and I'd have to kill Yharon about a dozen times or more for enough.

I'm currently grinding my face off on the Exo-Mechs. I got pretty close today, but Thanatos has an INCREDIBLY BULLSHIT perfect-homing mega-death-laser-powered-by-the-forsaken-souls-of-the-damned or something and I picked a bad order to fight them in and he was the last one and spammed it while still nearly at full health.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

New Vegas being free on Epic has presumably gotten a bunch of underage troons to play it, and now we have new twitter drama!

Last edited:

UberSoldat

System Shock remake comes out tomorrow and good things are already being said all around.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Dev once again proving that he's an absolute retard who doesn't know what he's talking about. Genuinely such an inhumanly retarded person it's unbelievable.

The NCR isn't the neoliberal establishment, it's an oligarchy of cattle and land barons running the state, the people of the NCR don't turn a blind eye to the problems, they're increasingly disillusioned with the whole thing, and the ENTIRE GAME PAINTS THE NCR AS PAINFULLY INCOMPETENT ON ALL LEVELS, with people trying their best between the cracks.

Mister House isn't trying to create some kind of ancapistan utopia, he's trying to milk Vegas for all it's worth and use that to eventually fund the post-apocalyptic space program because he thinks the Earth is fucked anyways.

The independent ending doesn't need you to subvert or destroy any faction. You can save Caesar's life, save the NCR president from assassination, make peace between the BOS and NCR, it doesn't need you to oppress the people, because you can choose to not upgrade the securitrons, you can hire the Kings who ARE LIKED BY THE PEOPLE, to organize things in Freeside when you enact the Free Vegas ending to minimize bloodshed. You can literally have EACH AND EVERY SINGLE MINOR FACTION ON YOUR SIDE PEACEFUL AND CONTENT, WHILE TELLING BOTH THE NCR AND LEGION TO FUCK OFF WITHOUT KILLING ANY IMPORTANT CHARACTERS, AND STILL GET THE FREE VEGAS ENDING WITH AN OPTIMISTIC OUTCOME.

THE MAIN MESSAGE OF NEW VEGAS DOESN'T EVEN SURROUND THIS POLITICAL STRUGGLE WHERE ALL THE SIDES ARE SOMEWHAT RETARDED, IT'S ABOUT THESE SIDES NOT BEING ABLE TO LET GO OF THE PAST, WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO THEIR DOWNFALL. HOW RETARDED DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE TO MISS THIS? ALMOST EVERY SINGLE QUEST IN THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME DEALS WITH THIS THEME.

FUCKING RETARDED MONGOLOIDS FIGHTING OVER A THING NONE OF THEM UNDERSTAND, I SWEAR TO BABY CHRIST IN FUCKING HEAVEN.

The Lord's work must be done.jpg

God's Strongest Dragoon

Dev once again proving that he's an absolute retard who doesn't know what he's talking about. Genuinely such an inhumanly retarded person it's unbelievable.

The NCR isn't the neoliberal establishment, it's an oligarchy of cattle and land barons running the state, the people of the NCR don't turn a blind eye to the problems, they're increasingly disillusioned with the whole thing, and the ENTIRE GAME PAINTS THE NCR AS PAINFULLY INCOMPETENT ON ALL LEVELS, with people trying their best between the cracks.

Mister House isn't trying to create some kind of ancapistan utopia, he's trying to milk Vegas for all it's worth and use that to eventually fund the post-apocalyptic space program because he thinks the Earth is fucked anyways.

The independent ending doesn't need you to subvert or destroy any faction. You can save Caesar's life, save the NCR president from assassination, make peace between the BOS and NCR, it doesn't need you to oppress the people, because you can choose to not upgrade the securitrons, you can hire the Kings who ARE LIKED BY THE PEOPLE, to organize things in Freeside when you enact the Free Vegas ending to minimize bloodshed. You can literally have EACH AND EVERY SINGLE MINOR FACTION ON YOUR SIDE PEACEFUL AND CONTENT, WHILE TELLING BOTH THE NCR AND LEGION TO FUCK OFF WITHOUT KILLING ANY IMPORTANT CHARACTERS, AND STILL GET THE FREE VEGAS ENDING WITH AN OPTIMISTIC OUTCOME.

THE MAIN MESSAGE OF NEW VEGAS DOESN'T EVEN SURROUND THIS POLITICAL STRUGGLE WHERE ALL THE SIDES ARE SOMEWHAT RETARDED, IT'S ABOUT THESE SIDES NOT BEING ABLE TO LET GO OF THE PAST, WHICH WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO THEIR DOWNFALL. HOW RETARDED DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE TO MISS THIS? ALMOST EVERY SINGLE QUEST IN THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME DEALS WITH THIS THEME.

FUCKING RETARDED MONGOLOIDS FIGHTING OVER A THING NONE OF THEM UNDERSTAND, I SWEAR TO BABY CHRIST IN FUCKING HEAVEN.

View attachment 27842
Thank you for this. The amount of retardation I witness of people claiming the whole game is purely political critique is fucking mindblowing. The game utilizes the political factions as a backdrop of the story and to show that the retarded unwillingness of people to let go is not limited to any specific ideology. This theme isn't just in the main game, it shows up in all the DLC.
>The entire fucking theme of Dead Money is to let go. The phrase "Begin Again, let go" is repeated a thousand times and they even make a song about it. They take away all your stuff for the entirety of the DLC. The final section with the vault is one huge trap to kill the player if they can't let go of the treasure. Dean Domino's entire character encapsulates this.
>The Honest Hearts DLC is about Joshua Graham and his past. The good ending is him being able to move on from his past while the bad ending is him reverting back to his cruel and monstrous past-self
>Old World Blues is entirely about being stuck in the past. Even in the ending for that DLC, they spell it out that "Old World Blues" refers to someone unable to move on from the past and unable to see the present, let alone the future.
>Lonesome Road tries again to hammer home this theme. The NCR accidentally set off the nukes when they unwittingly sent a detonator there because they were obsessed with finding out about Old War tech. Ulysses constantly remarks on how the NCR, Legion, and House are all flawed as they are trying to force their Old World ideals into the New World, where it will inevitably fail. Ulysses himself isn't free from the past either as he is obsessed with the Courier and their delivery that destroyed the Divide. If you let Ulysses live, he stays in the Divide because he is unable to move on from his past.
They don't just double down on the theme in the DLCs, they make it the centerpiece of each DLC. I fucking hate how retarded troons and retarded conservatives have devolved all conversation regarding this game into a debate about politics. Just because a story has politics in it does not make politics the entire point of the story. The game spends its entire duration telling the player "the point of the story is that you need to let go and move on" and these idiots miss this across their multiple playthroughs culminating in at least triple digit hours of playtime.
THE GAME MADE A FUCKING SONG ABOUT THIS ONE REPEATING THEME AND ALL THESE RETARDS STILL MISS THE POINT OF THE STORY BY HAVING THE READING COMPREHENSION OF A PRESCHOOLER.

THESE RETARDS ARE DROWNING OUT THE ACTUAL SOCIAL COMMENTARY BY CONSTANTLY FIGHTING ABOUT THE POLITICS IN A 14 YEAR OLD GAME AND ARE ONLY PROVING THE GAME'S ACTUAL SOCIAL COMMENTARY RIGHT.
1559721049894.gif

Even I'm doing that right now by letting this retardation annoy me so much.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Meanwhile, I beat Supreme Calamitas on the 5th try. Daedron's Gaming Chair op plz nerf

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Man, fuck all these politics. I just like playing vidya

System Shock remake comes out tomorrow and good things are already being said all around.
Sounds like the more critical reviews of the game are because it left in some esoteric game design that the original had. That sounds like the studio behind it really tried to be as faithful to the original as possible, while updating it enough for it to be more accessible than the original is. Been following this remake since its inception. At one point, it was going to be modernized to an unrecognizable degree, so it sounds like them scrapping that plan a while back got us a proper remake, rather than a reimagining, which is great, considering it seemed like it was in development hell for a while there.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Man, fuck all these politics. I just like playing vidya
Nenejak.jpg
"Hey! Sorry friendo! I don't know if you knew, but all media is inherently political. And videogames ARE media, which makes them political too you know? Even the silly statement that you desire your media to be without political messages is, in itself, a statement that you agree with the status quo and do not want to take a stand and see real change in our flawed society, you should honestly be happy to see modern game devs take time to tackle all of these important problems with our world.
Hmm? What if said media's political messaging disagrees with my politics...? Um... uh... SHUT UP BIGOT!"

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I can hate everyone without a video game having to hold my hand, thank you very much.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Random gaming news
>Cyberpunk's DLC expansion (Phantom Liberty) will be at Summer Game Fest
>Rumor is that the Playstation Showcase was suppose to be a State of Play, hence why it was basically just Spider-Man and then a bunch of 3rd party titles. Supposedly we should be getting an actual Playstation Showcase with more in-depth stuff in September
>Bloomberg article by turbojew Schreier (archive) that Naughty Dog's Factions MP (The Last of Us Multiplayer) is having serious issues in development. They didn't include it in TLOU2 or TLOU Part 1 because they wanted to dedicate more resources to it being its own thing. Supposedly Sony brought Bungie in to evaluate it and Bungie did not speak highly of it.
>Aside from the Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake, Konami will also be porting MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3 into "Master Collection Vol. 1" which should come out later this year

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Random gaming news
>Rumor is that the Playstation Showcase was suppose to be a State of Play, hence why it was basically just Spider-Man and then a bunch of 3rd party titles. Supposedly we should be getting an actual Playstation Showcase with more in-depth stuff in September
>Bloomberg article by turbojew Schreier (archive) that Naughty Dog's Factions MP (The Last of Us Multiplayer) is having serious issues in development. They didn't include it in TLOU2 or TLOU Part 1 because they wanted to dedicate more resources to it being its own thing. Supposedly Sony brought Bungie in to evaluate it and Bungie did not speak highly of it.
>Aside from the Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake, Konami will also be porting MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3 into "Master Collection Vol. 1" which should come out later this year
Not gonna lie they had something with the multiplayer in last of us 1, wasn't fleshed out fully but protentional was there. sad that this multiplayer game is going through development hell.

Just wanna give another notice that the Elona developers new game is having their kickstarter end in 3 days.

Games like Elona and Cataclysm really peaked my autism when I played them. enjoyed what I like with Elin from the demo and hope to see it flourish more.

I've been getting an itch to play arpgs, so I decided to try out the 40k martyr game because it was pretty cheap on sale. It's an alright ARPG, would recommend if you like the 40k setting. Blasting chaos space marines with a bolter is enjoyable or having little drones with a mechanicus dude.

Since my recent boom in interest in arpgs, I was thinking about trying out Diablo 4 when it comes out. However, I don't know yet. I never played 3 and haven't played 2 in years. Also, I have been hearing some negatives about it recently too. Something about battlepass tiers similar to CODs and the price tiers to own the game fully. What do you guys think about it?

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I wonder if Cyberpunk 2077 would be worth playing now. I know it still has immersion breaking bugs but assuming that doesn't bother the average joe can it be called a "decent" game after 3 years or even an "okay" game?

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I wonder if Cyberpunk 2077 would be worth playing now. I know it still has immersion breaking bugs but assuming that doesn't bother the average joe can it be called a "decent" game after 3 years or even an "okay" game?
I played it a year ago. I dealt with a few bugs but not game breaking. I loved it overall and beat it with the "don't fear the reaper" ending

Still wish we got the original vision with a bigger emphasis in rpg as original plan was. There's rpgs elements in the game now, but there was more that was scrapped. Like customizing hideouts, a whole character class, weapon customization, more choices in dialogs, and etc. Though again, the game does have a lot of content in it already.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Since my recent boom in interest in arpgs, I was thinking about trying out Diablo 4 when it comes out. However, I don't know yet. I never played 3 and haven't played 2 in years. Also, I have been hearing some negatives about it recently too. Something about battlepass tiers similar to CODs and the price tiers to own the game fully. What do you guys think about it?

See the whole thread. ActiBlizz is so goddamn pathetic. I hope the Microsoft deal goes through because the only way that company has a future is for it to be rebuilt from the top down.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
No.
t. playing it right now for some reason

The bugs were never the real issue (I mean, yeah, they were, but y'know), it's just how shallow and badly designed everything is. The story and voice acting are pretty good, except Keanu, Keanu fucking blows ass in this game. The gameplay and RPG systems are post-skyrim Bethesda-tier. All of the skill trees are "Pick this to get 3% cum damage" vs "Pick this for 2% fart damage, but you can pick this three times". From what I've seen, there's literally TWO skills that aren't just a passive something increase or a crafting unlock, and both are in the stealth tree. The stealth tree that sucks ass because the encounters weren't built for it. The stacking buffs you can get with Cool still completely break the combat and you can grease entire rooms of dudes while stacking 4 different damage, healing and resist buffs at the same time. The RPG elements barely matter because your backstory usually leads to choices that either go nowhere, or get the same result as a normal option. Skills barely matter during talking because they lead to flavor text 90% of the time, and why bother in exploration when you can just delete an entire room of guys with no effort instead of crawling through vents and getting less XP and loot.

I'm just playing loud handguns and cool, and I'm just drifting around in slow-mo deleting 6 dudes before they can even react, while printing health due to stacking cool and health regen skills. I've also seen that hackerman builds are even more retarded and just let you Jimmy Neutron Brainblast an entire room of enemies through three walls before a fight even starts.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
See the whole thread. ActiBlizz is so goddamn pathetic. I hope the Microsoft deal goes through because the only way that company has a future is for it to be rebuilt from the top down.
Just to head this off before people blame Blizzard only. Asmongold did a video on it already and after a little investigation it looks like FutureGamesShow, who were supposed to provide the questions, sent out a tweet before this video came out with no responses. The most likely scenario is that FutureGamesShow made up a whole bunch of questions and handed it off to blizzard devs for them to read. Still possible that Blizzard evil but I don't think they would need to fake questions when they could cherrypick questions from real people if they tweeted out themselves.

For Diablo 4 itself, the general consensus from various tubers is that the game plays pretty good with some degeneration instead of innovation and class imbalances. The well has been poisoned with the battlepass definitely but if you can somehow block out the cashshop/battlepass tab you should have an overall decent experience.

As for me personally, because of the OW2 PvE scandal I've sworn off all Acti/Blizz games in their entirety. I was still on maybe with OW2 since I bought OW1 but after all the shit they've done I don't care whether Activision/Blizzard still continues with or without my patronage. The company is dead to me and I'm going to treat it as such even if it continues to thrive and profit long after I die

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
If you like Diablo 2 and don't trust Blizzard not to give you horseshit, check out Grim Dawn instead. You'll have much more fun.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I've also seen that hackerman builds are even more retarded and just let you Jimmy Neutron Brainblast an entire room of enemies through three walls before a fight even starts.
My lord, it's even worse than this. I actually went a shotgun build but then swapped to a hackerman build when I got tired of trying. I show up to the general vicinity of a place for a gig, hack the camera of a building a block away, and then proceed to hack everyone's brains while emailing their suicide to their families. After I got the build rolling, I haven't pulled out a weapon since but have committed genocide against the city's population four times over.
TLDR: It's okay but definitely wait for it on sale

It's ok-to-alright, you'd be playing it for the story/quests and not so much the gameplay. It really suffers from Skyrim syndrome like Punished pointed out. If you made a built with at least 3 brain cells, you'll start demolishing everything by mid-late game. Most of the "gameplay changing unlocks" are cyberwear mods like slow-mo ability from the anime or double jumping. I highly recommend avoiding hackerman builds despite them being easy as fuck, it completely annihilates any potential fun you could have gotten from the gameplay. Stealth builds are also incredibly tedious for no reason, especially since they hardly designed the game around stealth. The only balanced part about the gameplay is that while you get more ridiculous and do more stupid damage, your health/defenses scales up significantly slower so you eventually become a bit of a glass cannon unless you build really heavily into tankiness.
There are some really wild questlines in there that are definitely top tier CDPR Witcher 3 quality but there's also a lot of boring ones, it's very inconsistent. It's never anything truly awful, at worst it's boring grunt work where they ask you to "go here and genocide all the enemies in a 2 block radius". The RPG aspect doesn't really exist in the quests. The most this happens is in the prologue and then they clearly stopped trying that shit because they realized how much effort it is to have numerous branching paths. The most a questline will ever allow usually is like one of two options and that's a big IF it allows that at all, as those are usually reserved for the quests at the end of a quest chain. As an RPG, the game is the definition as shallow as a puddle and it isn't even wide as an ocean. There's a reason why they removed the phrase "RPG" and replaced it with "Action" in the bio for the game's twitter profile leading up to the release.

Some of the strongest bits are oddly enough the little writings you'll find throughout the game that flesh out the story. So unless you like to read every unnecessary text you come across, you won't be as wow'd by it.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Something went seriously wrong in Cyberpunk 2077's development that they've never explained. I've seen the argument that bringing in Keanu was what caused it, but it's just as likely that saved it from being even more of a complete mess. (I'm guessing, with the state the game engine was in when they launched, that it was really technical issues that kept making a mess of everything.)

Naught Dog is unlikely to ever release another game. TLOU2 was the company's suicide note.

Top Bottom