"So, why am I graduating? I-iunno"Yuko Yurei

Vidya Games Thread

Stunned But Dumb

Quite impressive that 5 guys who wanted the most mediocre white alt goon pussy started the most retarded culture war yet huh

SomethingAwful was a mistake
Real Caroline Ellison vibes

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
the most retarded culture war yet huh

I have full confidence that in the era of streamers blowing this up, with grifters on all sides of the culture war, things can only get exponentially more retarded from here

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Guys this is how I learned that Alpha Centauri is only 2 bucks go get it if you haven't pirated it already

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Guys this is how I learned that Alpha Centauri is only 2 bucks go get it if you haven't pirated it already

I like how most celebrated an entire classic library being released outside the shackles of a crappier launcher than steam but a woman has to make it about themselves

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I like how most celebrated an entire classic library being released outside the shackles of a crappier launcher than steam but a woman has to make it about themselves
I can get being disappointed and upset that this happened to her when she's worked on her game for months, and circumstances outside her control have screwed her game release, but that sympathy evaporated in an instant the moment I saw the International Women's Day hashtag. No, EA didn't conspire against you because you're a woman or whatever, someone over at EA finally pulled their finger out and decided to release some old games from their library for a quick buck and they no doubt didn't even know you existed.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Think I found my pawn for Dragon's Dogma 2

Good lord the character creator for this game looks nuts.

Kalion

:)
In related news, remember that Sweet Baby employee that tried to get people to mass report that "Sweet Baby detected" steam group? Well they decided to anger everyone again by shitting on Toriyama.
1709936900907513.jpg

They had to private their account because everyone with a skin shade darker than translucent was shitting on them. And yes, I've seen a lot of liberals come out today and shit on Toriyama for Mr. Popo, not realizing he's a reference to a Hindu god of time (hence why he shows Goku the hyperbolic time chamber)
GIK6-Tgb-WEAABx-Ww.jpg
I came across this seeing some people discuss it elsewhere. There's a possibility this guy got sacked and SBI has begun eating each other. Tweets are protected and there's no archive so take it with a grain of salt:
1710050152456699.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I came across this seeing some people discuss it elsewhere. There's a possibility this guy got sacked and SBI has begun eating each other. Tweets are protected and there's no archive so take it with a grain of salt:
1710050152456699.png
Who would win
Venture capital funded consulting/shakedown firm employed by some of the largest game
companies in the industry
Or
A starving brazilian

God i hope this is real

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Think I found my pawn for Dragon's Dogma 2

Good lord the character creator for this game looks nuts.

I might buy this game just for the character builder.

God's Strongest Dragoon

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
On one hand, I am meticulously crafting both my Arisen and Pawn to be two halves of a whole for the sake of RP and immersion

On the other hand, the urge to create absolute monstrosities is strong:

Bonus character customization, Michael Jackson:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

Good job selling me on a game there, fellas

chihirogumi

Despite the attention grabbing headline, the article is actually pretty neutral. This just cements my intense dislike of glowing federal agencies. If Trump wins, (most likely) I hope he purges these creeps from the government. Even Hasan Piker, a humungous femboy, makes good point about them in this article.
“All I can think of is the awful track record of the FBI when it comes to identifying extremism,” Hasan Piker, a popular Twitch streamer who often streams while playing video games under the handle HasanAbi, says of the mechanisms. “They’re much better at finding vulnerable teenagers with mental disabilities to take advantage of.”
You'd think these glowing fucks would focus more on the pedophiles (especially the troon kind) that infest all these gaming communities instead of this nebulous "domestic terror" threat. Of course there are pedos infesting even the three letter agencies so I'm not holding my breath.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

This is basically what I got out of that person's tweet.

God's Strongest Dragoon

They act like that's the entire reason why their shit game didn't do well. Let's ignore the fact that Palworld dominated the internet for a solid 2 weeks but I still see a lot of people playing Enshrouded on Twitch and it apparently has pretty solid Steam numbers. Or how Doom Eternal did just fine when Animal Crossing took over the world.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore

well, yeah, that's part of the problem with a decades-large library of classic games for indie devs to contend with:

if you are making a game, and a game from 10-30 years ago is a more appealing prospect for people to play, re-consider the overall design of your game, if not why you are making the game in the first place

for this particular developer, I actually took a look at the game, listed below:

needless to say, the audience that would play decades old RTS re-releases is not the audience that would want to play (yet another) cozy game about being a witch. I feel like I see several of these exact games released each month by indie developers, to the point where they all start looking the same to me.

and if there are already so many cozy witch life-sims that are as inoffensive as possible on the market already, what would set this one apart from the others? why can't I just play one of the Atelier games if I want to play as a cute potion-maker doing cute things? once Witchbrook from chucklefish releases by the next decade, it would be even more over for all of these other developers' witch games! even more so once Concerned Ape finishes Haunted Chocolatier, despite not being a witch game, because it is clearly the sort of game they want to emulate!

everyone wants their own Stardew Valley, but they are incapable of understanding why Stardew Valley succeeded on a fundamental level - at that period in time, these sort of life sims were on the wayside with the downfall of Harvest Moon. now that they're a dime a dozen, there needs to be further innovation from the ground up to set your own work apart if you want to stand out. and if one guy could make Stardew Valley over a period of years, learning how to make it as he went, use that to fuel your own desire to make something equally as good, something that people would be lining up to play for years to come!

Top Bottom