"I know people are weak to cow milk. So am I. But there's so many alternatives. So many other nuts you can milk"Banzoin Hakka

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

I wonder if the subreddit is still coping that the game is perfectly fine.
I wouldn't be surprised. People that defended the new Saints Row were turbo coping all the way until Embracer straight up nuked the studio and said the game was a failure. Then they continued to cope that the game was underrated and its a shame that people didn't give it a fair chance. I enjoy shlock as much as the next guy and have guilty pleasures but holy fuck, there's just always ~100-200 people nowadays ready to gaslight everyone that their schlock is some gourmet shit. I truly wonder if its the result of rising rates of mental illness or if the retarded game devs are going online to defend their game while pretending to be a consoomer.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I enjoy shlock as much as the next guy and have guilty pleasures but holy fuck, there's just always ~100-200 people nowadays ready to gaslight everyone that their schlock is some gourmet shit. I truly wonder if its the result of rising rates of mental illness or if the retarded game devs are going online to defend their game while pretending to be a consoomer.
It's just an easy way to grind faction rep.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

:whatastory:

e: Video is not clickbait. Frankly, it's worse than the title/thumbnail can convey. Absolutely dystopian, video is worth watching in its' entirety.

Last edited:

Kalion

:)

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

We're not quite there. We've mostly just at the point where the "how did you get those grants?" folks are doing their standard slander business.

chihirogumi

Kalion

:)

A

If I disappear for a month or two you know where I went.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Super Mario Brothers 3 Trolls Pekora.

ogey_rrat

ogey
> 316 players on steam right now for Payday 3
> three hundred and sixteen
oh fuck lol
Meanwhile Payday 2 currently has around 25k active players. :ironmousekek:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
> 316 players on steam right now for Payday 3
> three hundred and sixteen
oh fuck lol
Payday 3:16 says we kicked our own ass.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Week 1 Sales in Japan have been published for FF7 Rebirth:
1st place (first appearance) PS5 Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
262,656 copies
(total 262,656 copies) / Square Enix / February 29, 2024
In comparison, the week 1 sales for the past 2 FF games:
[PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix, 04/10/20) – 702,853 (New)
[PS5] Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix, 06/22/23) – 336,027 (New)
oof-size-large-23-memes-85.jpg

EDIT: Further research shows that the FF7R data only had 3 days tracked in its first week when it was reported as the game released on April 10th for the "4/6/20-4/12/20" report period. FF16 released on the 22nd of the "6/19/23-6/25/23" reporting period, so it only had 4 days. Rebirth had 4 days as it released on 2/29/24 of the "2/26/24-3/3/24" reporting period.

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The Star Wars: Battlefront Collection fumbled the easiest slam dunk in the universe, with only 3 multiplayer servers holding 64 players each and no online Galactic Conquest, to which I must re-iterate:

modern companies are incapable of replicating the experience of classic games, don't forget to build a library of those games before they go the way of Warcraft 3: Reforged for a quick buck

(that, and the OG Battlefront 1 and 2 combined, at full price, are cheaper than this re-release and have been supported by the community with mods and servers for literal decades)

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
The Star Wars: Battlefront Collection fumbled the easiest slam dunk in the universe, with only 3 multiplayer servers holding 64 players each and no online Galactic Conquest, to which I must re-iterate:

modern companies are incapable of replicating the experience of classic games, don't forget to build a library of those games before they go the way of Warcraft 3: Reforged for a quick buck

(that, and the OG Battlefront 1 and 2 combined, at full price, are cheaper than this re-release and have been supported by the community with mods and servers for literal decades)
Disappointing, but not surprising. Didn't get high hopes for this, but it would have been nice to have a good re-release of these games.

Oh well, saves me the money. I have 2 on PS2, PC, and through emulation already. Thought I had the first one on PC too, but I guess I don't. Will have to pick that up.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Week 1 Sales in Japan have been published for FF7 Rebirth:

In comparison, the week 1 sales for the past 2 FF games:

oof-size-large-23-memes-85.jpg

EDIT: Further research shows that the FF7R data only had 3 days tracked in its first week when it was reported as the game released on April 10th for the "4/6/20-4/12/20" report period. FF16 released on the 22nd of the "6/19/23-6/25/23" reporting period, so it only had 4 days. Rebirth had 4 days as it released on 2/29/24 of the "2/26/24-3/3/24" reporting period.
It gets worse. The second week sales were posted today.
Unicorn Overlord kicked FF7 Rebirth out of the number 1 spot with a combined sales total of 74,186 copies between the Switch and PS4.
[NSW] Unicorn Overlord (ATLUS, 03/08/24) – 40,991 (New)
[PS5] Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Square Enix, 02/29/24) – 24,482 (287,138)
[PS5] Unicorn Overlord (ATLUS, 03/08/24) – 24,398 (New)
You read that right, the sales of FF7 Rebirth in Japan dropped by 91% in its second week.

Apparently the Switch version of Unicorn Overlord was actually capped because Atlus didn't expect it to sell that well and distributors ran out of physical editions.

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Out of the loop on the new FF7 trilogy, but I thought those games were popular. Why did the sequel have a huge drop? Is it due to being PS5 exclusive and people waiting for pc?

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Out of the loop on the new FF7 trilogy, but I thought those games were popular. Why did the sequel have a huge drop? Is it due to being PS5 exclusive and people waiting for pc?
Yeah I think you could easily correlate it with PS5 exclusivity.

FF7 Remake was only on the PS4 too but keep in mind it came out in 2020 and the PS4 is one of the most popular consoles of all time. The PS5 essentially is a failure at the end of its lifespan.

For sales the right thing to do would have been to make it available on PC and PS5/Sexbox. The only console that can really support exclusives is the Switch right now.

EDIT: Personally I was super pissed off that the expansion to FF7 Remake was PS5 only for awhile. I haven't even picked it up on PC or thought about the sequel. I doubt there is that many out there who think like that, enough to impact sales but I know I wasn't the only one who felt shafted at the time. No reason for it to be exclusive either. If Doom Eternal can run on the Switch then the FF7 RE xpac can run on a fucking PS4 LOL

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah I think you could easily correlate it with PS5 exclusivity.

FF7 Remake was only on the PS4 too but keep in mind it came out in 2020 and the PS4 is one of the most popular consoles of all time. The PS5 essentially is a failure at the end of its lifespan.

For sales the right thing to do would have been to make it available on PC and PS5/Sexbox. The only console that can really support exclusives is the Switch right now.

EDIT: Personally I was super pissed off that the expansion to FF7 Remake was PS5 only for awhile. I haven't even picked it up on PC or thought about the sequel. I doubt there is that many out there who think like that, enough to impact sales but I know I wasn't the only one who felt shafted at the time. No reason for it to be exclusive either. If Doom Eternal can run on the Switch then the FF7 RE xpac can run on a fucking PS4 LOL
Data I saw a while back was that the PS5 sold around like 5.3 million consoles in Japan while the Switch is somewhere around 30 million+. Meanwhile it was something like "16 million people use the PC for gaming and ~4 million only game on the PC".

So pretty much Japan doesn't give a fuck about the PS5 and have started to adopt PC gaming, which use to be more niche. Nintendo is completely in control of the Japanese market and people that do own a PS5 aren't happy with Square.

FF16 sold 336k copies in 4 days, FF7 Rebirth has only done 287k in 11 days.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I just wish Final Fantasy went back to turn-based combat, really

I'm not exactly a fan of turn-based RPGs becoming action RPGs

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I just wish Final Fantasy went back to turn-based combat, really

I'm not exactly a fan of turn-based RPGs becoming action RPGs
Disagree. Final Fantasy has always radically changed their combat systems between games. And on top of that, there are plenty of other series mataining themselves as turn based games (Dragon Quest, SMT, Legend of Heroes, fucking YAKUZA). I'm fine with Final Fantasy shaking up the formula like always.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Alright Asylum dorks, it's that time of the year again...

:pippasquish::subaruclapping::nenedance::luidance::baeJam:STEAM SPRING SALEEEEE! :pippasquish::subaruclapping::nenedance::luidance::baeJam:

Man this video is old lol!

WHAT ARE YOU BUYING?

WHAT ARE YOU RECOMMENDING??

WILL GABE NEWELL FINALLY BLESS US HEATHENS WITH HALF-LIFE 3??

WILL FACTORIO FINALLY BE DISCOUNTED???

WILL YOU BE SKIPPING RENT TO BUY MORE GAMES????

Top Bottom