"What's the point of wielding the sword if you are not willing to get it bloody"Shylily
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

The General Banter Thread & Community Stoning Platform

God's Strongest Dragoon

The only good thing about the prequels was Palpatine.

Though in defence of some of the dialogue, Anakin is an awkward teenager/early twenties guy with all the power in the world, thrust into adult institutions and bureaucratic barriers while sexually overcharged inside a celibate monks' order.

Him being awkward, retarded, and eventually just flipping is entirely in character and absolutely believable. A cool, smart Anakin wouldn't fall to the dark side in the first place.

In this regard, the prequels' failure is sort of built in. Anakin was written right for the character he was supposed to be. But Anakin's character wasn't what people wanted to see. He's a mirror of edgy teenagers bitching about being told to do their chores and disappearing into isekai fantasies, but people don't want to look into the mirror, they just want the cool fantasy. They want to project themselves into Luke or maybe Vader, not Anakin.

And thus the whole fantasy falls apart.

Him flipping from "I want to safe my girlfriend, nyo" to murdering kids in the span of a minute was still too much, mind. That could've been set up better.
A major issue that I later found out was that Lucas was very adamant about having Hayden mimic James Earl Jones's cadence of speech for Darth Vader, which just resulted in this very awkward and retarded speaking for a lot of his dialogue.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
So. Apparently 4chan made a dating app. I have absolutely no idea how real it is. Given the source, it could easily be real, a troll, a data-gathering scam, a fed op, or some combination of the four.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
anyone that signs up for that deserves to be fed directly to the glowies, most obvious honeypot in the world

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
That's the obvious option, yes. It also wouldn't be out of character for some anon/small group of anons to decide to genuinely make a 4chan dating app, though. Of course, the problem is that you'd have to be retarded to actually use it.

Edit: Apparently they've got a GitHub repository.

Last edited:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
That's the obvious option, yes. It also wouldn't be out of character for some anon/small group of anons to decide to genuinely make a 4chan dating app, though. Of course, the problem is that you'd have to be retarded to actually use it.
Another problem is women need to exist on it, and I can't see an organic woman actually using it unironicly.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Another problem is women need to exist on it, and I can't see an organic woman actually using it unironicly.
One of their (two) blog posts talks about the difference in how male and female "4channers" (definitely some kind of honeypot or study) answer the questions of their personality test. Doesn't say how many of those women were born men.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The kind of woman who spends enough time on 4chan to notice this is exactly the kind of woman desperate enough to use such an app, tbh.

And a short dive into /cgl/ or /mans/ demonstrates the presence of femoids on 4chan just fine. A minority to be sure, the place isn't all that welcoming to them, but that's why lolcow.farm exists.

Lurker Lurkerman

Lurker mode activated.
Late and gay.
62b.gif

Congratulations on coming out in the forum.
:shubaIapprob::shubaIapprob::shubaIapprob:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Happy Cinco de Mayo, nearly 70% of the forum.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Happy Cinco de Mayo, nearly 70% of the forum.
I'm not one but I eat spicy latino food on the daily so I'll take it
:takoesl:FELIZ CINCO DE MAYO MUCHACHOS :takoesl:

Thanks for the quesadillas, chilli and the hot (crazy) women.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Let me say this as someone who's done it: you haven't lived until you've tried true street cart tacos in Mexico City.
Sprinkled with lime juice and accompanied by a cold coke.

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm not one but I eat spicy latino food on the daily so I'll take it
:takoesl:FELIZ CINCO DE MAYO MUCHACHOS :takoesl:

Thanks for the quesadillas, chilli and the hot (crazy) women.
Reminder that this "holiday" is celebrated more in the US than in actual Mexico. In Mexico it's a minor holiday celebrating some battle against the french, mostly celebrated in Puebla.

It's like if D-day was a holiday and everyone thought that americans really love it, but it's only really celebrated in North Carolina and it is actually american expats in europe who really celebrate it.

Last edited:

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Reminder that this "holiday" is celebrated more in the US than in actual Mexico. In Mexico it's a minor holiday celebrating some battle against the french, mostly celebrated in Puebla.
It's not even really a holiday in the US; it's mostly just an excuse to eat tacos and drink beer, as if anyone needs an extra reason to do either of those things.
:takoesl:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I see it as an excuse to topically post El Pancho, the best ES vtuber.

1701162981696107.gif
1701162981696107.gif
1701162981696107.gif

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
It's not even really a holiday in the US; it's mostly just an excuse to eat tacos and drink beer, as if anyone needs an extra reason to do either of those things.
:takoesl:
Reminder for those who aren't in the US: we have like ten "holidays" like this. St. Patricks Day? DRINK. Cinco de Mayo? DRINK. Memorial Day? You won't be remembering it because DRINK. I can't wait for Juneteenth to become a day where white people celebrate Black freedom by D R I N K I N G the oppression away.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Reminder for those who aren't in the US: we have like ten "holidays" like this. St. Patricks Day? DRINK. Cinco de Mayo? DRINK. Memorial Day? You won't be remembering it because DRINK. I can't wait for Juneteenth to become a day where white people celebrate Black freedom by D R I N K I N G the oppression away.

These are all days that you absolutely do not attempt to have a night out because there are cops everywhere and the amateur drinkers will be causing problems of various description.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

It's like if D-day was a holiday and everyone thought that americans really love it, but it's only really celebrated in North Carolina and it is actually american expats in europe who really celebrate it.
Silence, Latinx, the Americans want an excuse for a piss up.

Top Bottom