"Slowly but surely, I've been coming more and more obsessed with Kaela"Nerissa Ravencroft
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

The General Banter Thread & Community Stoning Platform

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

God's Strongest Dragoon

LinearMotorGun

Technically an airgun

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Hate almost all Jews except some of the idolen girls.
What would it take for you to accept to hate them as well? We like to be thorough round here

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
I rewatched the Prequels recently and if I looked past the Gungans, the really bad dialogue from Hayden, and the overuse of CGI, I actually really quite like the movies. I consider the Padme's Ruminations scene in Revenge of the Sith one of the best moments in the series. Palpatine was also great. The movies are very messy but I can't bring myself to say they are bad. There's a lot of bad in them, usually because George Lucas's intentions don't translate well to actual results, but there's just more than enough good or passable to not call them bad for me.
Dragging here since not about vtubers

The dialogue in general is really bad in the prequels. It's an interesting story wrapped up in dialogue so awkward that if it came out today people would question if it was written by AI.

Also Duel of the Fates is awesome

Negzana

The dialogue in general is really bad in the prequels. It's an interesting story wrapped up in dialogue so awkward that if it came out today people would question if it was written by AI.

I think it helps that I forgot most of how bad the dialogue got, because really all I remember aside for "I don't like sand" tier dialogue was the banter from Obi Wan and all of Palpatine's dialogue which I found great.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Gonna do the same so I don't clog up the main thread. The overarching story is pretty good but holy fuck are some of the lines of dialogue just really fucking bad. The flipside is that there's a few interesting parts of dialogue mixed in like Yoda's musing about the path of the dark side or Dooku just casually confessing the entire plot of the trilogy to Obi-wan on Geonosis.
I rewatched the Prequels recently and if I looked past the Gungans, the really bad dialogue from Hayden, and the overuse of CGI, I actually really quite like the movies. I consider the Padme's Ruminations scene in Revenge of the Sith one of the best moments in the series. Palpatine was also great. The movies are very messy but I can't bring myself to say they are bad. There's a lot of bad in them, usually because George Lucas's intentions don't translate well to actual results, but there's just more than enough good or passable to not call them bad for me.
A major issue that craters the movies' reception is their general plot until the 3rd movie, which put everything into perspective. As standalone movies, the 1st and 2nd movies' plots are really dogshit but they become more tolerable after you've seen the 3rd movie and start to see Palpatine's grand plan fall into place. Overall I still maintain the overarching plot of the trilogy is really good but the way it is presented has a lot of issues.

There's just so much shit in the trilogy that makes them significantly better after you've casually watched them like 4 times because they were airing on SpikeTV for a Holiday or whatever reason.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Gonna do the same so I don't clog up the main thread. The overarching story is pretty good but holy fuck are some of the lines of dialogue just really fucking bad. The flipside is that there's a few interesting parts of dialogue mixed in like Yoda's musing about the path of the dark side or Dooku just casually confessing the entire plot of the trilogy to Obi-wan on Geonosis.

A major issue that craters the movies' reception is their general plot until the 3rd movie, which put everything into perspective. As standalone movies, the 1st and 2nd movies' plots are really dogshit but they become more tolerable after you've seen the 3rd movie and start to see Palpatine's grand plan fall into place. Overall I still maintain the overarching plot of the trilogy is really good but the way it is presented has a lot of issues.

There's just so much shit in the trilogy that makes them significantly better after you've casually watched them like 4 times because they were airing on SpikeTV for a Holiday or whatever reason.
If the franchise wasn't being run into the ground by Disney who would fuck them up even worse remaking the prequels would be one of the rare instances I wouldn't immediately roll my eyes at.

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
That's just the stockholm syndrome kicking in, dude

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

okay which of local grooming victims got in? or atleast tried?

Ed O'neill

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Niggas forget vtubers, WKUK is being streamed

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

The only good thing about the prequels was Palpatine.

Though in defence of some of the dialogue, Anakin is an awkward teenager/early twenties guy with all the power in the world, thrust into adult institutions and bureaucratic barriers while sexually overcharged inside a celibate monks' order.

Him being awkward, retarded, and eventually just flipping is entirely in character and absolutely believable. A cool, smart Anakin wouldn't fall to the dark side in the first place.

In this regard, the prequels' failure is sort of built in. Anakin was written right for the character he was supposed to be. But Anakin's character wasn't what people wanted to see. He's a mirror of edgy teenagers bitching about being told to do their chores and disappearing into isekai fantasies, but people don't want to look into the mirror, they just want the cool fantasy. They want to project themselves into Luke or maybe Vader, not Anakin.

And thus the whole fantasy falls apart.

Him flipping from "I want to safe my girlfriend, nyo" to murdering kids in the span of a minute was still too much, mind. That could've been set up better.

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got
Top Bottom