Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Sven

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
I am making no decisions yet, or without very extensive community consultation. But I'm tired of all this. I'm really tired of dealing with the knowledge that totally innocent people (both vtubers and bystanders the sharties misidentify as being them) could actually suffer real-world harm from my Laissez-faire attitudes.
You shouldn't live your life or run the forum on the hypothetical actions of malicious retards somewhere in the world.
If you are seeing it here or KF, its already being done in some discord or on a site somewhere completely outside of your control. You can't stop them even if you could go back in time and never start this forum.

The best you can do is offer general advice to safeguard an identity. Do everything legally required by your country, thinking you have a greater responsibility than that opens you up to trouble in more ways than you realize.

Pippenis Inspector

Tism Extraordinaire
300k Cuck Chair
This whole incident with the sharties and them invading KF to try and dox Pippa has me seriously considering how much PL info on vtubers I am morally comfortable allowing on TVA. My decisions thus far have always been based on the concepts that (A) the info is out there anyway, and anyone determined enough will find it here or elsewhere, (B) most 'doxes' are ultimately nothingburgers done by terminal autists who get a thrill out of obtaining the info but nothing more, (C) malicious efforts will ultimately fail and backfire after community backlash from the majority of clearer heads prevails.

I now question all of these positions. The sharties are like a giant difference engine; profoundly stupid and incapable of learning from mistakes, but able to brute-force problems simply by exhausting all possible failure states until the winning move is the only one left to try. They will miss blatantly obvious information posted dozens of places, meaning that hiding it a bit better does actually tangibly help protect those involved. Furthermore, they are completely and sincerely malicious, willing to do absolutely anything to hurt their targets. Finally, the clearer heads just don't have the power to do anything besides call them retarded, which they don't care about.

I am making no decisions yet, or without very extensive community consultation. But I'm tired of all this. I'm really tired of dealing with the knowledge that totally innocent people (both vtubers and bystanders the sharties misidentify as being them) could actually suffer real-world harm from my Laissez-faire attitudes.

This is probably just going to turn out to be meaningless sadposting and none of this will ultimately mean anything. I'm not retarded (often): I know that I am probably never going to be the link in the chain of evidence that gets a vtuber stabbed to death in an alleyway or something like that, but recent events have definitely made me re-evaluate the kind of internet culture I thought I at least partially understood the nature and limits of.
Pippa was doxxed?

RedRage

I look forward to her finding out that he can randomly spawn in closets when she goes to open them.
E: This is why I still like watching people play this, the RNG spawning always catches people off guard.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Pippa is always winning bros.

UberSoldat

This whole incident with the sharties and them invading KF to try and dox Pippa has me seriously considering how much PL info on vtubers I am morally comfortable allowing on TVA. My decisions thus far have always been based on the concepts that (A) the info is out there anyway, and anyone determined enough will find it here or elsewhere, (B) most 'doxes' are ultimately nothingburgers done by terminal autists who get a thrill out of obtaining the info but nothing more, (C) malicious efforts will ultimately fail and backfire after community backlash from the majority of clearer heads prevails.

I now question all of these positions. The sharties are like a giant difference engine; profoundly stupid and incapable of learning from mistakes, but able to brute-force problems simply by exhausting all possible failure states until the winning move is the only one left to try. They will miss blatantly obvious information posted dozens of places, meaning that hiding it a bit better does actually tangibly help protect those involved. Furthermore, they are completely and sincerely malicious, willing to do absolutely anything to hurt their targets. Finally, the clearer heads just don't have the power to do anything besides call them retarded, which they don't care about.

This is probably just going to turn out to be meaningless sadposting and none of this will ultimately mean anything. I'm not retarded (often): I know that I am probably never going to be the link in the chain of evidence that gets a vtuber stabbed to death in an alleyway or something like that, but recent events have definitely made me re-evaluate the kind of internet culture I thought I at least partially understood the nature and limits of.
I'd recommend posting this elsewhere where a lot more people can see it, seeing as this is just going to be buried by the live posting.

PipkinPipparoni

The most amusing part of the thread now is that it's basically just a rerun of old loops while they try to dig stuff up. I saw the classic debate about whether Pippa drives pop up earlier.
it has been very interesting watching them discover ancient things and act like they are these huge new discoveries you can tell they are desperate to find anything to justify the effort even if it is an out of context clip or a random person who uploads pippa clips.

it is especially weird to me because i have seen other threads on other people work like flawless machines but that seems to not be the case in this instance. is it because anyone who knows what they are doing realized there is nothing of any real interest so all that is left are people who are grasping at straws?

personally i think things like addresses should be removed but unless the vtuber themselves cares about remaining hidden there is only so much you can do on your end of things.

RedRage

I'd recommend posting this elsewhere where a lot more people can see it, seeing as this is just going to be buried by the live posting.
I assume he's sadposting like he said, along with floating the idea here first given that Pippa is the one dealing with it pretty heavily at the moment with the KF thread shit going on.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

There are certain conversations on this forum such as the callout posts on serial indie dramamongers and small corpo implosions that would be borderline impossible to have without freely and openly dropping past-life/roommate/real life information, and I absolutely do not want this place to become a /vt/-tier misinformation shithole because everyone's speaking in tongues, a new user thinks "not-Pippa" is someone else, and they get too deep in their false assumptions that they're spreading baseless rumours without realising.

From a moral perspective I obviously dislike that people are compiling information for malicious purposes, but from a practical perspective, we shouldn't cripple our own ability to conveniently discuss topics of interest by assuming responsibility for what other people will do off-site.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
But the mushroom meat hive mind is the most intelligent lifeform here. :annoyedpippa:

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
But the mushroom meat hive mind is the most intelligent lifeform here. :annoyedpippa:
I haven't kept up with Reticules current schizo delusions. Why has Pippa evolved from meat into mushroom meat?

lvl8

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
I haven't kept up with Reticules current schizo delusions. Why has Pippa evolved from meat into mushroom meat?
He's preparing the Pippa Stew.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Pippa is still meat Pippa, it is us in this thread here who have fused with the power of fungus to turn our meats into a gravemind during our autism loops while we underwent the long wait.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
us in this thread here who have fused with the power of fungus to turn our meats into a gravemind
Is this some sort of metaphor for docking?

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Maybe he's been playing the Elden Ring DLC :ameliaThink:
brave-L07sh0rv5-J.png

brave-6-Jx-Ca7-Bhn-Z.png

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
She's being so adorably dyslexic it's painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom