"Hahaha, Aki-copter go! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"Aki Rosenthal

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter

He's the guy who wrote Lolita, by the way.

Someone, quick, turn on the Thhrang signal!!!

I'm really noticing some patterns I do not like.
Here is a video essay on the author of Lolita, Vladimir Nobokov.

A TL;DW is that nearly the man's entire body of published works is filled with a focus of sex with underage girls, 12, 13, 14, 16 years old. Some are slipped in incidentally and masked with flowery language. They become even more obscene and overt in his later works which include obvious self-insert characters representing the author himself.

The thing that struck me the most was one comment the video essayist expressed near the tail end of his presentation, about how his attitudes toward the content of Nabokov's work shifted from the time he began reading to the time he finished reviewing all that he had - a sense of "well, this particular scene isn't *really* so abhorrent compared to some of these others" (paraphrasing). That even in the process of reviewing the works critically, the molestation of young girls became normalized, the critic was desensitized to it.

Truly, Nobokov was the Vito Gesualdi of his age. You can only talk about pedophilia "ironically" for so long before people start making assumptions about you.

Which is kinda why I don't like the pattern I'm picking up. A one-off daughter-wife joke is humorous and edgy. When it gets repeated to the point that it's pretty clear its a fetish, and then this... idk man.

Last edited:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

A TL;DW is that the man's entire body of published works is filled with a focus of sex with underage girls, 12, 13, 14, 16 years old. Some are slipped in incidentally and masked with flowery language. They become even more obscene and overt in his later works which include obvious self-insert characters representing the author himself.

The thing that struck me the most was one comment the video essayist expressed near the tail end of his presentation, about how his attitudes toward the content of Nabokov's work shifted from the time he began reading to the time he finished reviewing all that he had - a sense of "well, this particular scene isn't *really* so abhorrent compared to some of these others" (paraphrasing). That even in the process of reviewing the works critically, the molestation of young girls became normalized, the critic was desensitized to it.

owl.png

watson think.png

DogBone

A TL;DW is that nearly the man's entire body of published works is filled with a focus of sex with underage girls, 12, 13, 14, 16 years old. Some are slipped in incidentally and masked with flowery language. They become even more obscene and overt in his later works which include obvious self-insert characters representing the author himself.

Truly, Nobokov was the Vito Gesualdi of his age. You can only talk about pedophilia "ironically" for so long before people start making assumptions about you.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Which is kinda why I don't like the pattern I'm picking up. A one-off daughter-wife joke is humorous and edgy. When it gets repeated to the point that it's pretty clear its a fetish, and then this... idk man.
are you talking about oreimo fan pippa?

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Top Bottom