"You guys called me a 'scaly' so I'm gonna make fun of you guys too; Because I said that I would smash the pokemon that we're riding on right now. I don't trust any man who likes Gardevoir, because I know they wanna smash Gardevoir... I know this, this is a fact... it's a MEME!"Amanogawa Shiina

Phase Connect JP Gen 1 'KALEiDO' Speculation/Liveposting

God's Strongest Dragoon

Salado

The only decision I have to make is am I staying up or going to bed at like 7pm to wake up for her. :sanasmile:

I'm debating myself on going to bed and pass out now or wait a few hours and wake up at night... :shiinastare:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Thanks to meme magic, some Japanese viewers are now under the impression that Phase-Connect started out as a coffee company before branching out into VTubers:

PemAloeKenzoku

Truly channeling Fishmans dreams

Bronze

If you can't hear it after watching literally anything from Peari, I don't know what to tell you.
Yeah I've heard it just now lol. She's the only confirmed one so far, and Loki is most likely correct too.
Thanks to meme magic, some Japanese viewers are now under the impression that Phase-Connect started out as a coffee company before branching out into VTubers:

Good Job Pico, you are gaslighting an entire nation :SelenHAHAhere:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

EN: "Phase Connect is the sad girl company"
JP: "Phase Connect is the coffee company"

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Caught up on Pico's debut. Really like her! Not sure I'll watch often, the language barrier and timezone is a hell of a thing, but she's engaging, an otaku, and has creative ideas.

The other two were good and I will check in again after they've shaken debut nerves, but maybe not my thing.

Meme magic could cause word of mouth, so that's probably a good thing despite the misunderstanding.

God's Strongest Dragoon

EN PC fans: "QUICK, GASLIGHT THE JAPANESE, BE SURE TO TELL THEM THAT TENMA IS CANADIAN"

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Bronze

Pico's original song in <10 mins

Now the talking dog is out of the way, I get to enjoy the song. I like it. The chorus is pretty good

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

Salado

seenister

Bronze

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Is it just me or she has an accent?
She said you could comment in Japanese, English or Chinese so she's probably at least half Chinksect.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think one of the three original JP girls should have arranged to stream straight after the evening's debuts to take advantage of the large audience that was there already. Otherwise went pretty well, overall - between 1600 and 1800 CCV is a huge boost for Phase in Japan, and there should be some opportunities for fun interactions between the old and new members in JP and between JP and EN.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had another gen of JP talents before the end of the year, and they're going to have at least double the CCV of what they got this evening.
How much of that CCV was JP though? I'd really like for someone with knowledge of moonspeak to go into nip forums or social media and tell us what the actual japanese people thought of it.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
One quick update: Yuu, Memory, and Pico are on about 2.6K to 2.7K subs each so far after their debuts. I think we could surmise from the similarity in numbers that the girls have similar levels of popularity.

For the two girls on tomorrow, Clara is on about 2.9K and Loki is about 2.2K, but we'll see how that looks after they've had their debuts.

seenister

Fishman, if you're lurking, gaslighting the Japs into thinking you were originally a coffee company that is trying to break through the vtubing scene is unironically good PR.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Rie and Lia fighting over Yuu lmao.

Edit: Can we not delete posts anymore? Just saw that someone had already posted this, but I can only edit even though I posted this like 2 minutes ago.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Top Bottom