"Hmm, men should get pregnant more often"Erina Makina

Phase Connect JP Gen 1 'KALEiDO' Speculation/Liveposting

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Last edited:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
At least the cope song injected some personality at the end; even if it lines up with her character.

No surprise, but Yuu was my favorite of the 3 today. Yuu also felt like the most experienced of the 3 as well.
Pico's and Memory's models seemed stiff compared to Yuu's too; not sure if it's a rigging thing or a piloting issue.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
So two vets and a rookie for the first day. Memory has soul
Things I want:
Yuu and Pippa Overwatch
Pico and Tenma anything
Memory being love bullied by everyone

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
They were all very competent, but i felt no real excitement, or that they stood out from the crowd, except Pico what with rock autism and the MRI's.
Clara tomorrow is the one i have high hopes for personally, a musically focused Chuuba with a Rock bent always has my interest, and she's the one who seems to have the best English of the bunch.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic

Bronze

And it's a wait for Clara

Finally, our months long discussion about Beryl will come to a definite end. Confirmed skills of her makes me believe stronger even though Beryl doesn't have a clip where she uses a voice like that, or i couldn't find one at least
Pico's and Memory's models seemed stiff compared to Yuu's too; not sure if it's a rigging thing or a piloting issue.
Memory may be, but pico's papa is same with Yuu so its either piloting or her design
They were all very competent, but i felt no real excitement, or that they stood out from the crowd, except Pico what with rock autism and the MRI's.
Clara tomorrow is the one i have high hopes for personally, a musically focused Chuuba with a Rock bent always has my interest, and she's the one who seems to have the best English of the bunch.
To be fair its really hard to give excitement when 95% of what you are saying is just anime sounds for majority of the main community.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
At least the cope song injected some personality at the end; even if it lines up with her character.

No surprise, but Yuu was my favorite of the 3 today. Yuu also felt like the most experienced of the 3 as well.
I like everything about Yuu besides her choice in games. It makes me a little worried that we'll get too much Overwatch, Valorant, and Apex.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Eh, they all seemed fine. Obviously much harder to gauge due to the language barrier, but they seem fun. Will try to catch some streams/vods from them to see how their normal streams go, but given the probable time slots and language barrier, I'm obviously not part of the target audience, which is perfectly fine given their focus on the JP market.

Regardless, I wish them the best and look forward to seeing their time in Phase. Also looking forward to the last two.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So far my impressions:
Japanese Jelly: Like the personality, favorite game choices with plenty of autism potential. Likely watch. Her rigging was a little weird but that's something that can get fixed later.

Lui and Botan's younger cousin: Despite being the only one that didn't have MTL, I still enjoyed listening to her the most. Ok games, chance for better choices later. Likely watch. She was definitely the most experienced with streaming and confident with the whole thing.

Rushia-Lite: Obviously very nervous and was having tech issues. Neutral on game choices, personality was a hard miss for me though. Likely not watch but I'm still going to give her a chance. I never really watched much of Rushia either though. She should do fine though, she's just not marketed for me.

Looking forward to the next 2 a lot, especially Clara.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Since we're talking about who we're gonna watch Ill chime in as well.

None of them. My Nip speak is about a half step above non-existant. I understood nothing. I don't even know why I watched.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
To be fair its really hard to give excitement when 95% of what you are saying is just anime sounds for majority of the main community.
Yes for sure, but if these girls were speaking English my opinion wouldn't have changed, judging them solely on the debut would be retarded of course, but this could have been a gen in any corpo, it had no special flair to it, nothing that screamed "Phase-Connect" change the logo to any dime-a-dozen Cybertubeliveidolconnectshojoeien mishmash micro corp and i would have believed you, expect for the high production values on animations and such.

Stunned But Dumb

None of them. My Nip speak is about a half step above non-existant. I understood nothing. I don't even know why I watched.
Vibes, brother. The vibes. Sometimes passion and vibes can carry you through a JP (or any language you don't know) stream

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Finally, our months long discussion about Beryl will come to a definite end. Confirmed skills of her makes me believe stronger even though Beryl doesn't have a clip where she uses a voice like that, or i couldn't find one at least
If you can't hear it after watching literally anything from Peari, I don't know what to tell you.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I think one of the three original JP girls should have arranged to stream straight after the evening's debuts to take advantage of the large audience that was there already. Otherwise went pretty well, overall - between 1600 and 1800 CCV is a huge boost for Phase in Japan, and there should be some opportunities for fun interactions between the old and new members in JP and between JP and EN.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had another gen of JP talents before the end of the year, and they're going to have at least double the CCV of what they got this evening.

Salado

God's Strongest Dragoon

I think one of the three original JP girls should have arranged to stream straight after the evening's debuts to take advantage of the large audience that was there already.

Should have had the stream going right after she ended but eh, 15min delay

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Bronze

Well, we can still get the feeling, especially in karaoke/gaming streams. Plus they are still Phase members, and i want to support their beginning at least so they have an easier time being talents of an agency breaking in
Yes for sure, but if these girls were speaking English my opinion wouldn't have changed, judging them solely on the debut would be retarded of course, but this could have been a gen in any corpo, it had no special flair to it, nothing that screamed "Phase-Connect" change the logo to any dime-a-dozen Cybertubeliveidolconnectshojoeien mishmash micro corp and i would have believed you, expect for the high production values on animations and such.
I'll be honest. Gen 3 didn't have much that screamed phase connect to me during their debuts either. Sure, there was more personality with Muyu, but not sure if comparing Purin with them is fair, since she's too experienced and was close with Phase. Phase is known enough to have an identity in west, while in japan its exactly what you are saying: a Gajin corpo with 8 talents and lot of money.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

The only decision I have to make is am I staying up or going to bed at like 7pm to wake up for her. :sanasmile:

Top Bottom