"Well, I used to have a smurf account on Epic called Anders Breivik, but enough people reported me so I changed it to a communist terrorist instead"Kirschey

Phase Connect Gen 3 Speculation and Liveposting thread

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Is this real?
She a flip-fullblood, so it's not too far out of the realm of imagination, given their sides' view of race. She already admitted to being into "Fat American Oniisans," so I won't be surprised in the slightest if a fish man hired her to apply to as many terminally online whales as humanly possible.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Anime Fan

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Every time I see her name my brain autocorrects it to Axel Syrios

MagicHammer

I wonder if he is going to do sponsored watchalongs like he did for invaders.
I don't think they had any watchalongs for the last debuts except for Koeffcient did they? And I'm not totally sure if that was even sponsored or not because I can't remember Phase advertising it at all.

I know idol has popularized this sponsored watchalong thing but it's always struck me as very odd, effectively paying your competitors to shill your product for you. I know they say any publicity is good publicity but I really wonder how effective they actually are.

Might actually ask the question in Fishman's AMA, would be interested to know what his thoughts are.

seenister

Some quick things I noted down:
-lists her skills off as singing, voice acting, drawing, writing (poetry, song lyrics, skits and comics - she particularly enjoys doing 4koma) and dancing (claims to be able to sing and dance at the same time)
-did all the lyrics for her own original song
-seems to speak an intermediate to advanced level of Japanese, said she wanted to do study streams and also do JP timeslot streams which were 'quite different' from her own time zone
-barely plays video games, expect lots of zatsu content, karaoke, sperging about anime/manga and some ASMR
-anime/manga nerd, favorites include Golden Kamuy, Buraiden Gai and One Piece (which she read the entirety of last winter)
-is a pescatarian
-when thinking about what a cool alias for herself could be, she suggested 'the purple smoke', which is curiously the exact same alias now being used by Muyu
-might be friends with Nova Aokami? Did art for her, Nova was in her stream chat and was one of the first people Runie followed outside of PC
Great insight. If there was one thing that hit the nail in the coffin for me when she was revealed. it was her doing a lot of English covers of Japanese songs (Which Runie did for Future Island) in which she made the English lyrics from the ground up. It now makes sense that she can speak JP.

Fishman really struck gold with her. The fact that she was this talented all along made me realise that she could have easily been accepted in Holo. Also, it's such perfect timing with the whole introduction of Phase Music yesterday.

Bronze

I don't think they had any watchalongs for the last debuts except for Koeffcient did they? And I'm not totally sure if that was even sponsored or not because I can't remember Phase advertising it at all.

I know idol has popularized this sponsored watchalong thing but it's always struck me as very odd, effectively paying your competitors to shill your product for you. I know they say any publicity is good publicity but I really wonder how effective they actually are.

Might actually ask the question in Fishman's AMA, would be interested to know what his thoughts are.
It definitely increases interest and total ccv. I'm sure specialite, globie, project F etc benefited from them, as most people who have watched the watchalongs wouldn't check the debuts otherwise. But they are agencies with lower brand recognition(if they have any), so can't say if it works same for phase.

Edit: Bit random, but it's a little shame that Henya collab happened that early. If she watched gen 3 trailer on stream that would be one hell of a publicity.

Last edited:

Panko Enjoyer

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

A bit off-topic but the recent Globie debuts were watched by Abi and Serina from V4Mirai. They're two separate agencies but both under Brave Group. I wonder how that worked. Did Globie still have to make a deal with V4Mirai's management to get them to do that? Did Abi and Serina get a payout, or was it just seen as a duty to their company? We will probably never know.

I'm sure specialite, globie, project F etc benefited from them

Specialite is doing all right with its smallest member having almost 5K subs. Globie is off to a slow start with no member over 2K. None of its three male members have cracked 700. They don't seem to have done the same level of advertising that V4Mirai did, which again is a bit odd given the same parent company.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Since the post of Muyu/Purin being "based" & "redpilled" was interesting how about more unsourced discord screenshots and other fun things?

Obligatory degeneracy
Lots of you guys fail this shit-test

Purin likes guns (C96 Mauser being her favourite)

4chan trivia for 100; Newfägs can't?
After showing her tits in the mod room (no tits included)
Being based
On Pippa
Begging for rent
Raising money for charity, the charity in question being a peado troon grooming org
https://archive.ph/HtuTc

Panko Enjoyer

Since the post of Muyu/Purin being "based" & "redpilled" was interesting how about more unsourced discord screenshots and other fun things?

Obligatory degeneracy

Being based
On Pippa
Begging for rent
Raising money for charity, the charity in question being a peado troon grooming org

Ah, so she's a retarded kid that happened to be groomed by 4chins instead of being groomed by troons

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Obligatory degeneracy

Being based
On Pippa
Begging for rent

A lot of people don't properly research charities and will just take them at their word. If the Trevor Project just says: "hey, we're here for crisis support for alphabet kids" most people are just going to take that at face value and not look for any shady shit that the charity might do. Especially when that shady shit might get buried because it doesn't fit the Agenda.

As for the rest, Purin is dangerously close to becoming one of my oshis with some of her posts.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
How did Purin (alledgedly) post tits and it isn't all over the internet?

seenister

She speaks Visayan right? She's probably a 5'2" Cebuana who doesn't even know how tall 6ft is. I'm 177cm and I tricked Cebuanas into thinking I was 181cm back when I lived there. Purin, if you're /here/:
Sure gyud ka ana na day? :^)

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
She speaks Visayan right? She's probably a 5'2" Cebuana who doesn't even know how tall 6ft is. I'm 177cm and I tricked Cebuanas into thinking I was 181cm back when I lived there. Purin, if you're /here/:
Sure gyud ka ana na day? :^)
Lol manlet

seenister

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
She showed off her tits to her mods?

Lol, lmao even

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
It's a dichotomy between trying to get the most eyeballs on your new talent, versus influencing the mindshare of the vtuber community. In other words, do the market leaders pay for watchalongs? No, maybe you shouldn't either so people associate your company with the upper end of the market. Is PC big enough to do that? I'd argue yes, but the last time they debuted a major Gen there was no IDOL EN and a hundred other small corpos; trying to find their slice of the pie. I don't remember where I heard this, probably from somebody here, but the extra eyeballs from watchalongs are nice, but people watching in that manner are NOT on the debuting talent's channel; which to me that sort of defeats the purpose.

Saya tax for rambling:

Top Bottom