"sigh... I want to die... Kasou Taishou SFX"Omaru Polka

Phase Connect Gen 3 Speculation and Liveposting thread

Bronze

I think they will rename this thread instead of creating a new one so I'll cross-post and discuss here. Its sooner than I've expected, but if its full jp then it doesnt matter i guess
さあ行こう :pippasquish:

Interestingly. the "mai" that helped Runie's song is not here. Maybe she's not a talent? or an invader?

Last edited:

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I can't believe Fishman caused the earthquake in Japan. How could he do something like this? :yagoocry:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Hmm...I wonder which one Airi got really close to
:smugpipi:

Capture5.jpg

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
I think they will rename this thread instead of creating a new one so I'll cross-post and discuss here. Its sooner than I've expected, but if its full jp then it doesnt matter i guess

Interestingly. the "mai" that helped Runie's song is not here. Maybe she's not a talent? or an invader?

Sasuga, you crazy fishman. :fishfry:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I was expecting like 2 or 3, a full 5 person squad is pretty neat. Wonder what their debut numbers will look like compared to gen 3. The JP girls I had always hoped could pick up steam and do better with a bit more love but I'm also guilty of not keeping up with most myself. Except a a bit of Nasa because I can usually catch her as I'm falling asleep. Nasa is some prime cute and comfy to close your eyes to.

Bronze

I was expecting like 2 or 3, a full 5 person squad is pretty neat. Wonder what their debut numbers will look like compared to gen 3. The JP girls I had always hoped could pick up steam and do better with a bit more love but I'm also guilty of not keeping up with most myself. Except a a bit of Nasa because I can usually catch her as I'm falling asleep. Nasa is some prime cute and comfy to close your eyes to.
I expected 2 with 3 origin girls redebuting making them 5, but seems not. They will benefit from the growth of JP community if its done succesfully. At least they can collab with these girls easily and speak freely

Jolted Cookies

Clara's PLAYBILL mule
Early Adopter
So from the silhouettes, the left-most and the right-most were at the onsen. The blue-haired one in the middle I think has twintails, so that'd be the fairy one?
I must say, I love this trend of putting new gens as easter eggs in official art. I'm caring about shit that doesn't even matter; good job fishman

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
A couple might even be fluently multilingual, which is an even bigger plus.

Bronze

Now we have phase music and JP talents, you guys think Phase will get an Idol unit?

azlk

curiosity didnt kill the cat but sure gave it PTSD
Since the direction of the conversation is going towards the JP side of PC, what seems to be holding JP Origins from achieving comparable viewership numbers as EN talents? Is it Japanese market saturation? Lack of support from management? Lack of menhera?
I'll admit I'm not a Japanese speaker, but since learning about PC it sort of saddened me how far behind JP PC girls are compared to EN girls in terms of viewership.

Bronze

Since the direction of the conversation is going towards the JP side of PC, what seems to be holding JP Origins from achieving comparable viewership numbers as EN talents? Is it Japanese market saturation? Lack of support from management? Lack of menhera?
I'll admit I'm not a Japanese speaker, but since learning about PC it sort of saddened me how far behind JP PC girls are compared to EN girls in terms of viewership.
I'll give my opinion and others can correct me if im wrong. Language barrier, streaming hours(possibly), Lack of presence in JP. Saturation comes into effect in last part, as there are lot of companies that have presence, big 3 included and their presence is bigger(feels like that anyway). Essentially JP branch will fight the same fight EN did with a higher difficulty, unless they get a decent name

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
They were Gen 1, at the time of release they went out on a shoestring budget, didn't have any brand to benefit from, little to no promotion, no collab audience to draw in, and had no JP-speaking management. The JP girls were too few to create a shared audience and couldn't benefit in the same way from EN successes (eg. Pippa). I feel things have definitely changed in the sense that the EN side of Phase is stable and the company can go out on a limb more often.

It's true that the JP market is saturated but a mid-sized agency like today's Phase is now can still compete, it just depends on catching audiences correctly. Honestly I think they'd benefit most from someone with a decently-sized past life or a JP invader with a mid-sized existing audience.

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
They debuted when Phase still hadn't established an identity for itself, and then when that identity was established with Pippa and Tenma growing, they didn't really fit into that identity. The audience that likes Pippa isn't going to watch the JP talents.
However, they've been really smart about being careful to not be pigeonholed into being "the Pippa Corp" with Gens 2 and 3, so hopefully the new JP talents are able to do well and help the Origins girls as well.

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I think the lack of significant marketing has been a big factor along with everything else mentioned. Obviously, they do have JP fans, but if you look at their chats during live streams, there are still much more English speaking viewers than JP viewers, at least from what I've seen with Nasa and the few times I've been able to catch Michi and Iori live. Many of those viewers are fans of Phase as a whole, but many people aren't willing to watch a livestream of a JP member if they don't understand Japanese themselves, even if they're fans of Phase.

I've honestly been wanting something like this for a while now because I think it's a better chance for Phase to get a foot into the JP market and allow the current three JPs to grow. With an actual JP branch, there's more there for them to market with and hopefully attract a new audience. While Nasa, Michi, and Iori will always be a part of Origin, I definitely imagine they'll be marketed with this new gen when things start moving. I definitely hope this goes well for the sake of the new talents, but for the sake of the three original JPs because I really like them (especially Nasa), and I'd love to see them grow.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Glad to see fishman took the risk and debuted a full Gen. It seems my prediction about the long lead up time was also on the money. However I still worry if phase has enough in the war chest to get these girls what they need to compete in the JP market. It’s true US dollars goes farther in Japan by there needs to be a massive push to get them to at least stabilize above 500 CCV.

Bronze

It's ok, Japan is 4th biggest coffee consumers we can fill the chest and increase interest by selling them coffees.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Whatever happens I'm happy that Nasa and Michiru are gonna have more girls to talk to and collab and hopefully, someone else to help out with translating than just Iori.

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Give Sakana credit for not abandoning the JP-only girls and giving them new talent to play with. If only he hired the chinchilla, seeing how she has claimed in the past she was rejected for not being ambitious enough. Chinchilla would have really been a good hire. At least we get Beryl, right?

Bronze

Give Sakana credit for not abandoning the JP-only girls and giving them new talent to play with. If only he hired the chinchilla, seeing how she has claimed in the past she was rejected for not being ambitious enough. Chinchilla would have really been a good hire. At least we get Beryl, right?
Don't know much about her, but being rejected once shouldn't mean she cant get in at all, unless Phase has a weird rule about it. Guess she's really not ambitious and didn't try again. If Holo changes its mind regarding talents, Phase definitely should from time to time. Or she's changed her idea/ happy where she is
Beryl is probably in yes. Now they will start interacting, people who know her can analyze them and see if anyone behaves like her.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
lumi_is_in_danger.jpg
Bold of you to assume Natsumi hasn't learned from Pippa and just included herself in the company instead of asking permission.

She's got the stuff, maybe she'll decide she wants to get big. It's nice that she doesn't care about numbers and does it because she enjoys it. But she's talented and fun, so it feels like a waste if she doesn't try and make the most of that.

Top Bottom