"I'm plump when I'm naked you know."Himawari Honma

Noa Talent - The Totally not a scam Chinese company with ties to HoYoverse

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Sayu picked a hot winner of a company didn't she.
I'm willing to bet they approached her
Anywho good to see her run the other way

Last edited:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
I don't understand how Sayu managed to pick just about the shadiest company she possibly could, but it's good that she's finally stepped back from it.

She doesn't need a company, but if she wants one then she can't expect it to be a dream come true deal. If she's making too many demands, then she's not going to be hired. Maybe she isn't, and she's been perfectly reasonable the whole time, but when the company she signed with was... this... it gives me the impression that she expects too much.

Xuhle

I don't understand how Sayu managed to pick just about the shadiest company she possibly could, but it's good that she's finally stepped back from it.

She doesn't need a company, but if she wants one then she can't expect it to be a dream come true deal. If she's making too many demands, then she's not going to be hired. Maybe she isn't, and she's been perfectly reasonable the whole time, but when the company she signed with was... this... it gives me the impression that she expects too much.
From what it sounded like they reached out to her. She didn't sign with them and even if she was she made herself get a time limit for them to do various changes before hand, which in all likelihood not happening.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

One word, Mihoyo.

The parent company Metishon seems to have a close relationship with them and likely would have given her some special perks. The others who were joining are all big gachafags too.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I don't understand how Sayu managed to pick just about the shadiest company she possibly could,

Remember that Sayu is a gacha nerd so their ties to MiHoYo and their infinite money glitch was probably a big selling point in all of this. (Sniped on this point but I don't care.) Also don't forget that Metishon had and still has a successful cadre of talents in the ZH market. I can see how Sayu could be optimistic about this opportunity, up until enough time passed that they were able to demonstrate how incompetent they could be in a language she could understand.

If MiHoYo and other gacha companies have been so successful at marketing their products overseas, it stands to reason that they'd be able to do so in different but related markets like vtubing too, but this wasn't it. The impression I got from Sayu last night was that they were surprised and confused that they couldn't just, for example, lie about the circumstances of Nolie's termination without her speaking out against it, or that nobody would find out about the SuRge rebranding. Maybe they can get first-level managers who have direct experience in the EN market to stop them from making those mistakes and try again in the future.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Smart of Sayu to end up backing out. Hopefully she can find something good for her in a corpo.

That being said, she really needs to be more careful when chasing after "deals" in joining a corpo. This one was weird looking from the start. Lucky for her, she didn't get deep enough into this one to cause her too many problems. I understand her desire to join a good corpo and get a good deal out of it, but there have been way too many newer small corpos involved in shady shit. She definitely needs to be cautious, especially given she's a fairly popular indie, and some people may be willing to promise things they ultimately won't be able to deliver just to get her signed on.

x Hades Stamps

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Well, knowing Sayu, she at least explained all that shit to NOA and Metishon guys (well, they're finding out themselves too)
In conclusion: Sayu and Nousagi had fun trips for free and likely still made some useful connections, chinks are reflecting and next time will fumble in slightly less retarded fashion. Mythic deal probably not happening, even though mythic also won't drop talents unless situation is really radioactive.
Popcorn stonks still rising though, you can't cure chronic fart-sniffing just like that:BibooPopcorn:

Void Scribas

When someone mentioned Sakana in chat, she said she had talked with him but they hadn't come to a deal.
Wonder what the point of disagreement would be. Sakana perhaps wants Sayu to debut with a new identity in Phase? or wants to get ownership of Sayu model? which very understandable Sayu no way in hell is going to relinquish, considering are the money she put on the same. When Fuura Yuri left and had to ditch her identity that she had even before joining Phase, I do admit was one of the few moments I watched the company with a sour face. Sakana is still a CEO after all, huh? I was surprised that she would not be allowed to leave with the identity she built up from before joining them.

Probably that's why the new invaders debuted with original identities and names, so it doesn't look like that they “stole” the previous identity of a vtuber in case she leaves. Which means me think Sakana would want something similar to Sayu, and considering the strong brand the girl has been making as "Sayu" it would also be understandable why she would be reticent to ditch it.

She wants to join a corpo as Sayu.

But...

She doesn't need a company

She really should consider if all of this effort to join a corpo is worth it.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
When Fuura Yuri left and had to ditch her identity that she had even before joining Phase, I do admit was one of the few moments I watched the company with a sour face. Sakana is still a CEO after all, huh? I was surprised that she would not be allowed to leave with the identity she built up from before joining them.
It could be about PR. Not good look if character strongly associated with your company start doing some yabai shit after leaving.
Or about money: if you're not terminally retarded, you obviously would sell your IP for waaaaay more than you spent on it, it's only fair. At least 50% more than sum of all assets and skebs you ever commissioned would be today. So yeah. Reincarnating probably was cheaper as well.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Well, knowing Sayu, she at least explained all that shit to NOA and Metishon guys (well, they're finding out themselves too)
In conclusion: Sayu and Nousagi had fun trips for free and likely still made some useful connections, chinks are reflecting and next time will fumble in slightly less retarded fashion. Mythic deal probably not happening, even though mythic also won't drop talents unless situation is really radioactive.
Popcorn stonks still rising though, you can't cure chronic fart-sniffing just like that:BibooPopcorn:
I must have missed Nousagis involvement

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Wonder what the point of disagreement would be. Sakana perhaps wants Sayu to debut with a new identity in Phase? or wants to get ownership of Sayu model? which very understandable Sayu no way in hell is going to relinquish, considering are the money she put on the same. When Fuura Yuri left and had to ditch her identity that she had even before joining Phase, I do admit was one of the few moments I watched the company with a sour face. Sakana is still a CEO after all, huh? I was surprised that she would not be allowed to leave with the identity she built up from before joining them.

Probably that's why the new invaders debuted with original identities and names, so it doesn't look like that they “stole” the previous identity of a vtuber in case she leaves. Which means me think Sakana would want something similar to Sayu, and considering the strong brand the girl has been making as "Sayu" it would also be understandable why she would be reticent to ditch it.

She wants to join a corpo as Sayu.

But...

I do hope both sides are able to compromise towards a win-win situation. One good example that I really liked was the handling of Punkalopi and her IdolEN debut as Enya. She’s able to keep her original IP and release merch and videos as Punkalopi but yet also free to talk about her alternate persona as Enya on stream. Not sure if Sayu is eyeing a similar deal or if she’s only dedicated to handling only one persona at any time and Fishman would have to pay a ton to buy out Sayu’s IP.

Last edited:

Ballpark_Look

I must have missed Nousagis involvement
It's nothing special the gist of it is that he started also investigating the NOA Talent stuff slightly before the SuRge controversey, and emailed/contacted the NOA CEO. The CEO then offered Nousagi a trip to bilibili world and bankrolled his trip.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
Sakana perhaps wants Sayu to debut with a new identity in Phase? or wants to get ownership of Sayu model? w
Sakana mentioned before in one of the interviews that for Invaders they're not set on making new identities, and they can work out within the contract who would retain ownership of the model. So unless Sakana is telling a fib, that wouldn't be the issue.

x Hades Stamps

One common practice in the music industry, especially with the big three, that I absolutely despise.
Now that you mention it, probably, yes.
I’m biased, but completely agree.

Xuhle

Sakana mentioned before in one of the interviews that for Invaders they're not set on making new identities, and they can work out within the contract who would retain ownership of the model. So unless Sakana is telling a fib, that wouldn't be the issue.
Ether way it sounded more like creative freedom from sayu not so much the IP and manager issue. Which personally I don't know what exactly she would do different under phase that she does now as an indie.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
She wants friends that she can hang out with and easily collab with :pippasadl:

You know, that thing that everyone says you SHOULDN'T go into v-tubing for, almost without exception? That's what Sayu wants, and was part of what she was expecting from joining Niji.

She'd almost be better served by joining TVA in her hunt for social connections, and most of the people here hate her. It's such a weird hangup for a v-tuber to have, usually that gets filtered out on the 2-view end of things.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
She wants friends that she can hang out with and easily collab with :pippasadl:

You know, that thing that everyone says you SHOULDN'T go into v-tubing for, almost without exception? That's what Sayu wants, and was part of what she was expecting from joining Niji.
I don't think you are right on that topic itself. There's a lot of groups of 3-10 people that are always together. GirlsFC, Pop'n'Start, Barbie Girls (even with some bad apples inside), hell even Hexa group before Kiki was outed was together a lot and they're still around and if you're looking into a group forming right now, you have Takako + Digishell + Tricky, just check their activity and feed.
The thing is that Sayu is too big, and she has two issues there: people that want to ride on her clout, and the wall she herself made because of that. You might think they're the same thing, but the source of the matter is on the other side of the sea. If she wants to find genuine friends, she needs to tear down the wall and let herself get hurt until she finds them. Personally, in her position, I would look up to people that stayed at her side during the Zaion meltdown, I was very skeptical about the whole thing and she really loves to hog attention, but I know there were others holding the fort for her but apparently "Ride or Die" individuals aren't enough for her.

TL;DR

Void Scribas

I don't think you are right on that topic itself. There's a lot of groups of 3-10 people that are always together. GirlsFC, Pop'n'Start, Barbie Girls (even with some bad apples inside), hell even Hexa group before Kiki was outed was together a lot and they're still around and if you're looking into a group forming right now, you have Takako + Digishell + Tricky, just check their activity and feed.
The thing is that Sayu is too big, and she has two issues there: people that want to ride on her clout, and the wall she herself made because of that. You might think they're the same thing, but the source of the matter is on the other side of the sea. If she wants to find genuine friends, she needs to tear down the wall and let herself get hurt until she finds them. Personally, in her position, I would look up to people that stayed at her side during the Zaion meltdown, I was very skeptical about the whole thing and she really loves to hog attention, but I know there were others holding the fort for her but apparently "Ride or Die" individuals aren't enough for her.

TL;DR

Sayu wants friends to create hew own Vtuber group, like Shura did with VJIN in LATAM.

She probably thought that joining NOA would get her close to that goal.

But the thing is, a lot of these groups are formed by smaller vtubers to help each other to grow.

shipmate is right, she has become too big for that, she doesn't need to create a group to grow. She can success by herself without the help of other girls.

And the has let her isolated, and with a lot of brainworms entering in her skull. Literally suffering from success.

Ballpark_Look

NOA Talent website is back up:
https://www.noatalent.com/

E: They list 10 talents and an empty gen for some reason. Why not just remove that drop-down? Do they not have anyone that can do websites on staff?
Also taking a look at their talent names: Unstable Generator??
1000005567.jpg

Top Bottom