"They're all Japanese! Oh no."Ninomae Ina'nis

Noa Talent - The Totally not a scam Chinese company with ties to HoYoverse

Xuhle

Am I misunderstanding or is this not a huge deal? Doesn't this mean they did a full purge of all their talents?

This is confusing because they seem to have a mix of proper talents like a normal corpo and the partnered people like Sayu.
No Quinn was the manager independently for some of the talents as well. What she did was purge all the contracts that she was managing that she was independently managing in the company.

Bronze

@Xuhle rework your OP please. Its not "there" its "their" and its giving me a headache to see it so many times written the wrong way.

So Surge was a part of NOA talent? I knew he was managed by Quinn i believe but there was never a confirmation of him being a part of that agency.
In my post about them back when they "leaked" info, I've mentioned him as talent. So I assume he was shown as a talent on their channel , instead of an affiliate.
It seems Sayu, Bri and Rita are joining NOA talent, a US based agency that belongs to a chinese company.

They have 2 noticeable talents and one big "affiliate". Talents are called SuRge who has 108k subs, and MaNameBin who has 40k. Affiliate is Azeru Official with 420k subs. All three are male. All other talents have low sub counts, some less than 100.

Xuhle

I want to strangle whoever keeps shuffling the Noa discord but there seems to be a new development there after they cleaned up the hacker.

There is only 1 talent section left and the others have all been hidden now and only 2 talents and 2 affiliated in there now.

JusticeDog

No Quinn was the manager independently for some of the talents as well. What she did was purge all the contracts that she was managing that she was independently managing in the company.
This is starting to sound like a pyramid scheme. :vesperfacepalm:

Xuhle

Oh and if anyone wants to see if they have more shady shit they are going to Vexpo.

Xuhle

Ballpark_Look

Oh and if anyone wants to see if they have more shady shit they are going to Vexpo.

Think we can get Proctor to check out their booth?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Is there some mixup here or did SHE doc HIM because he didnt want to go poly????

No, it's what I said - she doc-ed him because he pressured her into a poly relationship that she was really uncomfortable with. It's really bizarre because he was apparently framing it to her like being poly was his immutable sexuality, like being gay, rather than just being selfishly unwilling to only stick his penis in one woman at a time like most men in western society can manage. Here's the doc if you want to read it yourself.

I actually haven't read through the whole thing so it might have been just another stupid zoomer Discord-only relationship, but the idea of poly being a sexual identity that I can't change so you're just going to have to deal with is so stupid in itself that I almost don't care.

So Surge was a part of NOA talent? I knew he was managed by Quinn i believe but there was never a confirmation of him being a part of that agency.

I'm 90% sure he wasn't a full member but was under their "affiliate branch" as some of their other talents are if you check out their talent page. So I assume it would be some sort of contract closer to Mythic and the like than a full agency contract, but that's just a guess. Unfortunately I can't find any archives of that talent page so I can't confirm that.

Also this is like the definition of a red flag for a vtuber/talent agency. A manager that is also a talent and according to her Twitter profile a co-founder of NOA Talent.

I also think it's a bad idea. Too many opportunities for it to look like the manager is diverting an unfair share of talent resources to herself or using her role as a manager to put her "competitors" in the company below her. If VAllure ends up failing spectacularly I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing is a big part of it.

Xuhle

I'm 90% sure he wasn't a full member but was under their "affiliate branch" as some of their other talents are if you check out their talent page. So I assume it would be some sort of contract closer to Mythic and the like than a full agency contract, but that's just a guess. Unfortunately I can't find any archives of that talent page so I can't confirm that.
He was a full on talent if my memory serves as one of the other random times I looked I remember distinctly that the group Sayu was going to be under had now just 2 males in it. I didn't think to archive it at the time so have to just trust me bro.

:Ame-SMELLTHEBULLSHIT:

E- Also I want to repeat I want to strangle whoever it is that keeps shuffling the Noa discord cause they decide to do it again.

E2- as I suspected that someone from Noa is now aware of this thread, probably Quinn. Might hold off on the finding more information as I suspected Sayu to talk about her time in China.

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
E2- as I suspected that someone from Noa is now aware of this thread, probably Quinn. Might hold off on the finding more information as I suspected Sayu to talk about her time in China.

She might. She vagueposted about talking about stuff that's concerning her on stream today.

For those that missed it, she had another Sayu-style bout of sadposting the day before.

So I'll try to tune in just in case she spills tea. But then again, Nothing Ever Happens.

Summary of NOA covering for Surge's rebranding after his exposure as a sex pest

Beebee

I have my reasons to make this post to help people understand the Surge situation better, and I found NOA's fake support of his victims to be most disgusting.

So, here is a full detailed timeline regrading that situation, and evidence that Surge was certainly rebranding.

A) July 20 2024 - Surge's cancellation, apology, and NOA's post regrading his 'termination'.

B) July 21 2024 - Quinn supporting Aishi, and dismissing her talents. (Surge and two others)
Screenshot_52.png
Screenshot_39.png

C)
July 23 2024 - People finding out that Surge was rebranding.

D) July 23 2024 - NOA denying, and Quinn's posts on the matter. (This may be very messy as Quinn has deleted her posts, and made her Twitter private.)

Quinn posted this 3 times.
Screenshot_53.png

Her comments under Aishi's post.
Screenshot_56.png

Her comments saying that it was a old email, and NOA just haven't withdrew it yet or Surge just haven't taken it down yet.
(Note: Bilibili isn't difficult to log into. It can be as easy as scanning a code.)
Screenshot_43 (2).png

Screenshot_57.png

Telling people that Surge made the new email all on his own, and making people believe that he just wanted to seem like that he was still in NOA for some reason.
Screenshot_28.png
image (2).png

A post that she quickly deleted.
Screenshot_58.png

Things became more odd as Quinn started to state that the email is actually FAKE to people.
(The email address was indeed not found, but there is no proof that it wasn't deactivated.)
GTMSYhIbMAA78-c.pngGTMSYhJaYAUvzjx.png
Screenshot_44.png

Quinn posted a lot of strange things, and used several very different reasons to defend herself/ NOA. (I did not screenshot everything sadly)
Screenshot_41.png

E) Finally, the evidences of Surge's plan to rebrand. There are no screenshots of all of Surge's accounts before his cancellation, but here's his twitter.
Screenshot_20240720_143205_X.jpg
One can clearly see that his NOA talent email was SuRge@NOAtalent.com, and not ShimizuShiroi@NOAtalent.com. Which makes a few of Quinn's along with NOA's statement automatically lies.

images (1).png
Surge was indeed debuting before his cancellation, but it was not going to be under a new name or was Shimizu Shiroi a old name. One can simply ask anyone from his old community, and no one has heard that name before until now; making more of Quinn's statements lies. (She talked about how it was a old old old name, and then suddenly how it was the new name that Surge was going to debut with.)

Sadly no screenshots were taken of Surge's YouTube, and Bilibili before his cancellation/ rebrand but it was all under the name of Surge. He really had no reason to change especially his Bilibili contact email to the new one. My guess is that he had forgotten that the account was still linked to his YouTube at the time, and was beginning to focus on his Bilibili since his cancellation isn't known within the Chinese community.
Screenshot_60.png

He had made it clear that he would be taking a hiatus, and that Surge was gone.
Screenshot_61.png
But why did he change his usernames in all other platforms just days after? It could be that he wanted to move on, but that does not at all explain his change of username, and company email on Bilibili. NOA was definitely working to rebrand him after fake terminating him, and did a horrible job at hiding it.

(Surge was not a part of the Raeven project before.)
Screenshot_30.png

This situation should not be pushed under the rug. Surge and NOA has not made any new statements but Quinn deleting her messages along with making her manager account and vtuber account private should speak volumes. I really hope that no one else becomes victims to this black company.

UPDATES (I will input more information as they come out.)
Screenshot_23.png
Surge has changed back his tiktok username to Surge, and all of his content remains on the page.

Archivist edit: Quick archive of embedded tweets

Attachments

• Screenshot_44.png
    Screenshot_44.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_54.png
    Screenshot_54.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_55.png
    Screenshot_55.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I can confirm the above person is legitimate and have vetted this information as being genuine.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
See, a big part of why I prefer corpo vtubing is because it avoids all the gay Twitter/Discord cancer that usually only plagues the indie scene, and just focuses on the entertainment. If they have this much baggage surrounding the brand this early on, then we're due one hell of a trashfire.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Sayu did end up sharing her thoughts on NOA on tonight's stream (after first showing way too much interest in things like pudding rabbits and toilet buttons). It's pretty clear that she saw the same things we've seen and isn't going to stake her future on NOA.

She said she believed that their experience in the ZH market means nothing overseas and that they had no PR team or experience with managing issues the way the EN market expects to see them handled, and that they had a lot of confidence about breaking into the EN market but that confidence was undue. She said she wasn't certain that the company couldn't turn things around, but didn't want to start out on the back foot.

She said she's still interested in joining a corpo, but given her size and ability to make a living as an indie, she would need to get a good deal in exchange for giving up the creative freedom she wouldn't be able to exercise as a corpo member. When someone mentioned Sakana in chat, she said she had talked with him but they hadn't come to a deal.

The stream's still going but I'll try to remember to edit in a link to the VOD once it's over.

Probably unrelated, but Xuhle noticed that NOA's web site is currently down: https://www.noatalent.com/

Xuhle

Sayu did end up sharing her thoughts on NOA on tonight's stream (after first showing way too much interest in things like pudding rabbits and toilet buttons). It's pretty clear that she saw the same things we've seen and isn't going to stake her future on NOA.

She said she believed that their experience in the ZH market means nothing overseas and that they had no PR team or experience with managing issues the way the EN market expects to see them handled, and that they had a lot of confidence about breaking into the EN market but that confidence was undue. She said she wasn't certain that the company couldn't turn things around, but didn't want to start out on the back foot.

She said she's still interested in joining a corpo, but given her size and ability to make a living as an indie, she would need to get a good deal in exchange for giving up the creative freedom she wouldn't be able to exercise as a corpo member. When someone mentioned Sakana in chat, she said she had talked with him but they hadn't come to a deal.

The stream's still going but I'll try to remember to edit in a link to the VOD once it's over.

Probably unrelated, but Xuhle noticed that NOA's web site is currently down: https://www.noatalent.com/
Her mod posted some timestamps in discord. 1:55:00, 2:01:30, 2:05:30, 2:12:00,

Hopefully that makes things faster.

Beebee

I'm glad! NOA really need to GREATLY improve to be successful within the English market. They definitely need a proper PR team, and remove certain people from management.

Bronze

Imagine losing a high 3 to 4-view talent with a really dedicated fanbase over this. Sayu staying there and shilling them would've really benefited their image too. Big waste of opportunity on their part.

Shame Sakana and Sayu couldn't come to an agreement imo, but it is what it is.

PemAloeKenzoku

I hope Sayu finds what she's looking for in terms of support and opportunities. Shame about not finding common ground with the Fishman, as she gells really well with Meemaw and Airi. Glad to see that she's comfortable to reject stuff like NOA which aren't likely to benefit her in the long-term

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
243.png
YOU'RE A NOA TALENT PIECE OF SHIT! I WALKED TOKINO SORA OUT ON STAGE IN 2019! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Sayu picked a hot winner of a company didn't she.

Top Bottom