"What does the Sui Sei?"IRyS

[Live] KIRSCHEPOSTING

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I have no horse in this, but that kind of sounds like the Far Cry formula. Where all the games except for 1 and Primal were like "oh shit I've been fighting for the bad guys the whole time"

Like I've played Alan Wake and it's little spinoff and I'm just kind of sitting here wondering now about all of this lol.
Far Cry 5 is, inadvertently, where the entirety of the Media Façade completely crumble. While GG was the watershed moment, it was the period after announcement that the Gaming Journalists went full "we get to kill Whitey!" for a couple of weeks where the mask completely dropped. This, of course, completely horrified Ubisoft because the game was more about the Cultish following their previous Far Cry games had caused with the villains. Ubisoft also, unironically, vindicated David Kersch's appeal and the Branch Davidians. It has led a lot more to understand the mass murder by the ATF at Waco, as a result. (As a note, Montana was a brilliant place to put a Far Cry game, haha.)

The problem Remedy has had is they don't really have a core audience big enough to justify the costs of production after the Max Payne era. To pull that off, you need integrated marketing that's really clever to build hype. It's the same issues Arkane always runs into. How good or bad the game is only matters so much, but what you have to do is figure out a way to build hype. Cyberpunk 2077 built massive hype from a single slowmo video of one character, it can be done but it needs talent that knows how to sell that game. Which is likely the biggest issue. They have to hire outside marketing firms and I'm guessing they've just been bad at that.

Remedy's bigger fumble is Control. Great foundation with some really well done performances, but marketing was weak and a primary character that's main interaction with themselves always has issues for any larger budget game. (This is, unironically, why they keep giving sassy worn sidekicks to characters, but they keep fumbling the writing with that.)

Arkane's Prey probably had the Best Game with the Worst Marketing award for the 2010s, just to throw that out there, since I've ragged on Arkane a lot, haha.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
From what is being written here, I keep hearing about movies, not games.

Stunned But Dumb

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The problem Remedy has had is they don't really have a core audience big enough to justify the costs of production after the Max Payne era. To pull that off, you need integrated marketing that's really clever to build hype. It's the same issues Arkane always runs into. How good or bad the game is only matters so much, but what you have to do is figure out a way to build hype. Cyberpunk 2077 built massive hype from a single slowmo video of one character, it can be done but it needs talent that knows how to sell that game. Which is likely the biggest issue. They have to hire outside marketing firms and I'm guessing they've just been bad at that.

Remedy's bigger fumble is Control. Great foundation with some really well done performances, but marketing was weak and a primary character that's main interaction with themselves always has issues for any larger budget game. (This is, unironically, why they keep giving sassy worn sidekicks to characters, but they keep fumbling the writing with that.)
If I remember right, Epic funded a big part of both Control (a third of the costs) and Alan Wake 2 (which somehow only cost 50 million eurodollars to make) in exchange for timed exclusivity, which is why Remedy seems to not give a shit about the games taking time to recoup dev costs. They also haven't had to "amicably part ways" with any diversity hires who would be better off working at a gas station over the recent waves of layoffs in the industry, so they can't be doing that bad financially.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

If I remember right, Epic funded a big part of both Control (a third of the costs) and Alan Wake 2 (which somehow only cost 50 million eurodollars to make) in exchange for timed exclusivity, which is why Remedy seems to not give a shit about the games taking time to recoup dev costs. They also haven't had to "amicably part ways" with any diversity hires who would be better off working at a gas station over the recent waves of layoffs in the industry, so they can't be doing that bad financially.
Remedy has definitely found ways to survive, but they also have avoided finding ways to really thrive, as well. Sam Lake definitely has my respect, but there always just feels there's something missing and it starts with the marketing for the games.

Also, I forgot Epic Game Store still exists, lol.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Remedy's last actual good game was Death Rally.

That's right, I'm shitting on Max Payne, that overrated tech demo.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Fucking Class of '09 is breaking containment.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
in Kirsche's Mom Lore news, she has joined a Ghost Hunting Club, so once she stops pretending to be bedridden there is now a non-zero chance of a hypothetical collab with "The Ghost Doctor", because this is obviously where the Sonichu medallion is going to take him

imagine the content

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Kirsche "Lolis aren't my thing, let me show you my entire collection of them" Verstahl

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Kirsche "Lolis aren't my thing, let me show you my entire collection of them" Verstahl

Did you miss the tiny, insignificant bit of context of her pointing out those were the ones she doesn't use, because they're lolis?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Did you miss the tiny, insignificant bit of context of her pointing out those were the ones she doesn't use, because they're lolis?
No, I just thought it was genuinely funny that she doesn't like any of them, then spent 10 minutes showing them all off, including pointing out every loli with a cameltoe.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Kirsche is currently eviscerating EvilToaster on stream. Will timestamp when it's over, though on the Twitch timer it starts at almost precise 1 hour and 5 minutes.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Kirsche is currently eviscerating EvilToaster on stream. Will timestamp when it's over, though on the Twitch timer it starts at almost precise 1 hour and 5 minutes.
I didn't realize this Evil Toaster guy was this much of a weirdo sex pest. Kirsche has found some prime kino for the stream.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I didn't realize this Evil Toaster guy was this much of a weirdo sex pest. Kirsche has found some prime kino for the stream.
He's a failed Overwatch streamer, sexpest or suicide were his only future outcomes.

Smelliest007

What sorts of sexpesting, I only just saw the live now.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
wasnt he the same guy that was orbiting froot on apex all those years ago

Stunned But Dumb

Huh, I only knew him as an attention seeker. You know, it's funny how, once again, none of this would come up if he would just not post. That's really all you have to do. Just don't post.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
What sorts of sexpesting, I only just saw the live now.
Fag loves creeping on female vtubers and using his ambassador position to force them into one on one discord calls. Also is a huge pity baiter and is absolutely pathetic in begging for collabs.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Fag loves creeping on female vtubers and using his ambassador position to force them into one on one discord calls. Also is a huge pity baiter and is absolutely pathetic in begging for collabs.
We saw this happen in real time with Hunii VT. In one of the chats he even went "You never send me pics of yourself to me anymore"

Which is obviously something you say in a Vtuber chat

Of course this wouldn't be a problem if bitches just wouldn't be nimrods

:botanshrug:

Top Bottom