General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I'm afraid that isn't in the cards. Dramatubers will be the last thing on the platform to go before it's shut down.
View attachment 24154
lea-54-counterspell.png

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I would say it's not impossible, but its extremely unlikely. A single or double graduation is more reasonable, but still in the realm of unlikely. If Nijis did graduate what do you think would be the most likely outcome:
  1. Join Hololive
  2. Join smaller corp like Phase, Idol, etc
  3. Join the V-Whores 🤮
  4. Go Indie
  5. Full retire
Fishman.png
Hey weebs. It's your favorite Sad Girl CEO h20Sakana here, proud to announce our new generation of Phase Invaders. Please welcome Sayu Sincronisity, Mint Fantome, Ryuusei Nova, and Dokibird to the Phase Invader family. I guarantee at least half of them are completely menhara. You're welcome.
Tenma was just potentially saved by having good opsec

View attachment 24162
Exhibit A on "Why you ALWAYS use a separate Windows Profile/Computer for streaming".

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
I joined Hololive so I could get all the other talents sideways jap pussies, shame the lockdowns happened but I'm on my A-game now.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm back baby
Gaogetter gone. changing your name to avoid suspicion? well played.
I would say it's not impossible, but its extremely unlikely. A single or double graduation is more reasonable, but still in the realm of unlikely. If Nijis did graduate what do you think would be the most likely outcome:
  1. Join Hololive
  2. Join smaller corp like Phase, Idol, etc
  3. Join the V-Whores 🤮
  4. Go Indie
  5. Full retire
I was making a dumb joke but if i had to pick Retire. if they stuck with ninji this long i doubt anything will cause them to leave unless it's personal.

so personal health or ninji starts harassing them with the "were not firing you" bullshit.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Unlikely to matter but I'll report anyways. Korekore, the snake, had a caller complain about Niji liver Uzuki Kou playing a game without permission back in 2019. The game is Steam Prison and here is the VOD. A
The video is getting some comments about it and 100k people were watching the snake

Why this might matter? Kou is relatively popular but more importantly he is friends with Kuzuha, one of the most popular Niji's. Maybe it'll blow up, keep an eye out.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Ponwolfo is out for the count again
:fishmandispair:
Screenshot_20230508_150435.jpg

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Tenma was just potentially saved by having good opsec

View attachment 24162

She read my list!

Here's a streamer with a good gimmick. Miss Lala is a waitress in a '50s-style diner, with a New Yawk accent. Her 3D model is a bit on the twitchy side but it has hand tracking. She's also Puerto Rican so add her to that club. Puertorriqueños seem to be over-represented among vtubers somehow.

Or you could check out NexStage's Zhuni, Minecraft newbie, annoy Blair, Minecraft autist, when he uses a steel pickaxe to mine dirt blocks.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Ngl didnt they not mention the actress change for Ai? This being clear from the get go makes it slightly less shady imo

As other people have mentioned, its a small company with limited resources, i cant imagine the money wasted if they threw an entire vtuber persona away, unless they pulled a Niji and forced them to pay for all assets the chuuba used
If I remember correctly, the changes was done somewhere before the announcement was given. So when some schizos realized it, they went mad.

Also, while I am concerned with the whole "changing the vtuber actress" thing, I am more or less would be more accepting if its not a full on "have new one took the character and be her", like you know, at least have a new debut or something, at least.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
This is concerning, especially since its been a long while since the Game Club thing and the kizuna ai stuff (which makes the whole things to be like, vtuber-hazard or something). But let's see how it plays out.
Even if she's ok with it, it sets a dangerous precedent, I smell danger. This community has gotten big enough and has enough consoomer normies that even if a company yabs they could still retain a paying audience.
Who says a corpo can't claim a talent is totally fine with it whilst NDA silencing them? This shit goes completely against the spirit of vtubers and it shouldn't ever be okay. Its not about what a corpo will do with this power, but about what they CAN do.

If you claim to love any vtuber then you should oppose this stuff with all your might, this shit completely uppends the power dynamic.
I think the situation is different between this small corpo deciding to save costs vs Game Club which replaced their vtuber's VAs after a bunch of drama surrounding the org at the time (which is obviously a shady fucking move), however; I agree that this leads to a slippery slope of "well this was done to save costs!" which could lead to absurd cases where Hololive could eventually be like "We had the lore autism with Council's theming and Sana left due to health problems... redebut Sana with a new VA!" or Nijisanji could decide to use one of the many VAs from their Virtual Academy to reuse the swath of their graduated Livers' models, "to save costs!"

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Meemaws hosting the next great vtuber bake off during her donothon

Archive

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Anyone knows what happened to spicy fauna? Seems like she was a little too sad on stream maybe?

I'll archive, cause why not?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Ensok

Early Adopter

Limkin

Boat's schedule (and lack thereof)

Also her karaoke vod is back

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The asylum's favorite donator of 50k for trans rights is debuting a new model on the 11th apparently, also a collab with HiRez's MOBA SMITE

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
The asylum's favorite donator of 50k for trans rights is debuting a new model on the 11th apparently, also a collab with HiRez's MOBA SMITE

That's nice, I'll be busy doing anything else other than watching that when she's doing it.

SaejimaHaruka

Ngl didnt they not mention the actress change for Ai? This being clear from the get go makes it slightly less shady imo

As other people have mentioned, its a small company with limited resources, i cant imagine the money wasted if they threw an entire vtuber persona away, unless they pulled a Niji and forced them to pay for all assets the chuuba used
I adore rrats, but just to avoid confusion on this one. Assets is not referring to the model itself or rigging, those ARE paid for by Niji(and hopefully every other corpo).

This is not what I meant when I said I want a vtuber Smite collab...

Anyway, Rana is planning on doing a game lore ASMR video. However, democracy was a mistake, as most of you are aware of I'm sure. And it is thanks to the power of "people" that I must inform you, regretfully so, that we will NOT be having an ASMR Volus lore explanation.
DemocracyFailsAgain.PNG

Also, big congratulations to team B for winning the Mario tournament. There's just something that bothers me about the trophy.

Ah yes. No wonder Eddie's girlfriend noticed it as well. It should be flipped upside down, with the trophy sliding over the carrot.

Lastly, why did nobody inform me that Rosemi played freaking Peggle? Nijibros need to seriously step up their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom