"I'm the Daniel Day-Lewis of streamers, I get deep into my roles"Magni Dezmond

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Is there any actual evidences about the 2% sales? I didn't watch False stream, but that number is very specific, I assumed he must have some evidences. Otherwise, this is really absurd, and their merch quality is meh
He said he got told by one person in the know, and reached out to multiple other sources. And he said he received a range, but the range averaged out to 2%. Which means it's actually 1-3%. He obviously can't directly say who told him, otherwise his sources would dry up after they got their shit kicked in by AnyColor.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Fauna is live with Minecraft. She is currently asking chat which one of the Hitman movies (that will be a members only watchalong on Thursday) is funnier (aka which film is the more funnybad).

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
The asylum's favorite donator of 50k for trans rights is debuting a new model on the 11th apparently, also a collab with HiRez's MOBA SMITE

I blank everything Vshojo related out of my brain, but did people already mention the Ironmouse Smite reveal before this one?

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Thanks for the info. Now I am imagine my wife paid for 75 USD to buy and support her Oshi Birthday merchandise, but her Oshi only get less than 2 USD from it. She got scammed badly :whatastory:

I don't like taking Niji's side in much anymore but like I said above it's kind of a meaningless number when we don't know how much markup/profit was on those products. Maybe 2% of the total price works out to 50% of the profit, or maybe it works out to 10% of it. 2% is a scary number but in truth we don't have enough information to properly judge it.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
36 people watching sweaty ragdoll get angry over the magical insanity that is drawing software. I love the internet.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
The asylum's favorite donator of 50k for trans rights is debuting a new model on the 11th apparently, also a collab with HiRez's MOBA SMITE

Well that explains where the 50k went
That explains though why the merch is always so samey and basic. It's probably shit they mass churn out in some Chinese factory as cheaply as possible at mass, and mark up the price like fucking crazy. Plus, it would line up with what Pomu was saying regarding the best ways to support Niji streamers.

Either way, this seems an absolutely pathetic number considering how much 'special event' merch they always seem to be shilling.
Niji merch isn't actually that expensive. I think my ange Acrylic Stand was like 10 dollars when I bought it in japan. But at the end of the day it's still a piece of plastic that probably cost pennies to manufacture.

Edit:
I'm actually curious how many nijis still have day jobs. As far as I know most of the hololive girls stream full time just based off of their schedules. I always assume people who stream exclusively in the evening in their time zone are also wagies.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Niji merch isn't actually that expensive. I think my ange Acrylic Stand was like 10 dollars when I bought it in japan. But at the end of the day it's still a piece of plastic that probably cost pennies to manufacture.

More like 100ths of a penny. Plastic manufacture is always an insane ripoff.

Goon

Flat chest connoisseur
hey what the u guys use to download vods?

niggaphil

I don't like taking Niji's side in much anymore but like I said above it's kind of a meaningless number when we don't know how much markup/profit was on those products. Maybe 2% of the total price works out to 50% of the profit, or maybe it works out to 10% of it. 2% is a scary number but in truth we don't have enough information to properly judge it.
Agreed, but no matter how we calculate, from statistic point of view, the fact is fanbase size correlates with the profit that could be earned by talent. If you are 2view in Nijisanji, you earned jack shit.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Limkin

Compare Holo and Niji advertisement from talents. Holo - really heavy merch shilling, even going as far as having CEO be the model. Voicepacks are part of the merch instead of it's own product. Nijisanji - always trying to sell on voicepacks, advertising each other and shit. Meanwhile merch - at best you get one or two retweets. Now, which one you think gives them bigger profit

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
HOLOEN3 this, HOLOEN3 that. Guys, there are too many Vtubers and too little time. I caaaaaaant o(TヘTo)

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
HOLOEN3 this, HOLOEN3 that. Guys, there are too many Vtubers and too little time. I caaaaaaant o(TヘTo)
Yeah I'm good with the current crew. They could throw some more Indonesia waves though to satiate the schizos. Them bitches are always fun

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Unless there is a Korean menhera in it then it's probably for the best EN3 never comes.

You bonk because you know it to be true but are afraid of someone saying it out loud.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Thank you, my ears were blessed with tinnitus.
Not only are we both being disgusting Latinos, we can both be tinnitus havers too :polkasticks:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Shiina's schedual is up! And donothon info too!!

View attachment 24104View attachment 24103

How many weeks ago did she tease this to members? Finally go time! 20$ and a dream here I come!

Ponwolfo is out for the count again
:fishmandispair:
View attachment 24170

A
She's been down on herself lately. Last stream she was wondering why anybody watches her; going over how great and hard working everyone in her Gen is. Seriously putting out old, no-confidence Mio vibes. Even though she's right with her genmates in the subs department. It doesn't help that her day-to-day schedule is usually really tight. Hang in there pon wolf!

Going on vacay with nature mama

Holodex has 7 screens queued already
Agreed, but I don't want EN3 to become HL3

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
mad scientist (male) making a chat controlled robot knife

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I think Holo has the good sense to realize how saturated the market is and how adding more talent will just be stepping on their own toes. I have a suspicion that further "generations" may just be one or two people, and happen after others leave. Another member or two in the EU time zone might be okay, but I'm perfectly happy with what we have now.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
I blank everything Vshojo related out of my brain, but did people already mention the Ironmouse Smite reveal before this one?
wait WHAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom