"I draw and poop every day to live"Pako

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
That was wholesome I always love to see small creators get bullied with money and even threw a sub myself near the end

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
That was wholesome I always love to see small creators get bullied with money and even threw a sub myself near the end
Yeah. Who next

:Pekora-EVILGRIN:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Real talk for a minute. You guys are great. Juniper ended stream by saying how inspired she was at the extra traction and how it helps her keep going after struggling at 3-4 CCV for months on end. It's moments like this that reminds me why I keep on trucking with this medium and that the New World Order hasn't quite managed to surgically excise the concept of happiness out of the human race yet. If the site went down forever tomorrow, I'd still be happy at what we've accomplished.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Real talk for a minute. You guys are great. Juniper ended stream by saying how inspired she was at the extra traction and how it helps her keep going after struggling at 3-4 CCV for months on end. It's moments like this that reminds me why I keep on trucking with this medium and that the New World Order hasn't quite managed to surgically excise the concept of happiness out of the human race yet. If the site went down forever tomorrow, I'd still be happy at what we've accomplished.
And thank you Warden for giving us a place to organize stuff like this

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I've been trying hard to not be a fighting game autist on this forum
I'll do it for you comrade.
This is a fighting game sperg post :medsmoremeds: Don't mind me.
It's got rollback netcode, which is considered by the FGC to be the best netcode at this time for fighting games. And yet, even now, some major fighting games still don't use it. But a free fan game does.
I had to check but yeah, fucking smash bros ultimate doesn't have rollback, and neither do P4 arena ultimax, that dbz fighter game that completely died off the face of the universe, and if anyone plays it, undernight inbirth.

Fucking smash bros, lol

View attachment 23886
P4 Arena has rollback. It was added with the re-release last year. Almost every current fighting game has it honestly, with DBFZ and Granblue getting their rollback later this year. Even Smash Melee got a fan-made rollback update lol. The quality of the rollback is a different story though and that depends on the game.

E-sports and it's consequences have been disastrous on the video game industry

I'm a big fan of the 3D fighting games like DOA and Virtua Fighter, but once SF4 came out 3D fighters have been looked down upon by the esports scene. I don't know how those guys have such a grip on fighters and FPS games as it rarely translates into mainstream success
Like @VTuberThrow said, Tekken is still huge and VF has a solid rep and community. Though it sucks that Tekken x Street Fighter was basically canceled and Tekken 8 won't release until late next year if we're lucky.

Okay what is the best format for this tournament?Swiss?
or brackets?
It depends on how many people enter but the most likely is a regular double-elimination bracket. Calli watches Guilty Gear tournaments which commonly use double elimination so she'll be comfortable with it. It should be fine as long as she doesn't try to stream all the losers matches. If she's going to include all branches, I can see a tournament with 16-24 Holos which would be a nice 2-3 hours or so.

The rollback seems good so far and no one's gonna be tryharding in Hololive so the lag shouldn't matter much for the tournament. I'm just excited for more girls to play fighting games :kaelaapprob:

Bumbling Fat Moron

Not As Spooky as a Still Image Ghost
HEADS UP TO THE NEW SUBS FROM RAGDOLL:
If you sync your cucksword account to your twitch account you'll get access to the super duper secret cucksword server

Last edited:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Being a big streamer requires both luck and talent. Ironmouse was a 2view for almost 2 years, if I remember correctly, and look at her now. All we can hope for is for her to invest in her talent into her content and for fortune to be in her favor.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Rie is super-duper sorry.

What does this mean?
considering the man hours and the insane costs of those figurines he uses he probably still made like 1k in profit out of a shitpost basically. Moon is really going hard on phase love, fishman you better hire this man to produce content for you.
Isn't fishman already paying him?
If I make myself into a cute ragdoll and start doing picnic streams with my birds, will you people be as generous?

Also yes, give her money. I think every single person she's ever had watch her now has a sub.

Edit: Do you actually get money from gift subs? I still don't quite get Twitch monetization.
How do gift subs work on a sub only stream? No one watching the stream isn't subbed already!

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Is Erina Machina korean? Cause then I would get the pancho "I eata da dog" joke.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Edit: Do you actually get money from gift subs? I still don't quite get Twitch monetization.

As others said it's the same amount as normal subs, so 50% for a tier 1. But I think gifting subs has a cool benefit which goes beyond just throwing flat donos in that there's a chance that someone who received the sub will enjoy it enough to renew the sub themselves, and if they do it for a year, that $2.50 turns into $30. My current Kirsche sub started out as a gift sub from some rando. I'm sure most streamers would prefer the flat dono in the short term but if enough people re-up their gift subs it could turn into a better "investment" in a streamer in the long term. I'd love to pick the brain of someone at, say, Kirsche's size and see how exactly those sorts of numbers work out for her.

I think its great and I've been trying hard to not be a fighting game autist on this forum, so I'd rather just agree to different strokes

Tism all you want. It's what we're here for. I personally love fighting games but they're the most fun when you're going up against someone with your own skill level, and I'm not all that great at any given one. It's just not fun when you get matched up against someone who immediately locks you in to some insane combo you have no idea how to break out of and completely destroys you before you can even get in a jab. And when you're in a geimu sentaa and each play costs 100 yen, it's all that much less fun. In that regard, how is the online matchmaking in this game?

HEADS UP TO THE NEW SUBS FROM RAGDOLL:
If you sync your cucksword account to your twitch account you'll get access to the super secret cucksword server

What's "cucksword?" Discord?

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
What does this mean?

Isn't fishman already paying him?

How do gift subs work on a sub only stream? No one watching the stream isn't subbed already!
There is a preview window for those not subbed, plus those not watching can get the subs if they follow

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
I believe it prioritizes followers then randos.

Speech To Text

If they don't choose whos getting the sub then it goes to anyone that has watched the stream. I've gotten gifted subs from streams that I probably watched one second of because of a host and never followed.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Archive

Now this is just false, Pippa is wrong 95% of the time. :pippaseethe;

lvl8

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Boat woman doing a boat game guerilla.

hololive ruined /jp/

As others said it's the same amount as normal subs, so 50% for a tier 1. But I think gifting subs has a cool benefit which goes beyond just throwing flat donos in that there's a chance that someone who received the sub will enjoy it enough to renew the sub themselves, and if they do it for a year, that $2.50 turns into $30. My current Kirsche sub started out as a gift sub from some rando. I'm sure most streamers would prefer the flat dono in the short term but if enough people re-up their gift subs it could turn into a better "investment" in a streamer in the long term. I'd love to pick the brain of someone at, say, Kirsche's size and see how exactly those sorts of numbers work out for her.
Flat donos are good for the short term. the thing with gift subs, especially on twitch, is that it's ad free streams for the giftee so there's an incentive to watch and increase the all important ccv and hours watched. so they might re sub or just keep watching and add a chatter.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
TIL I had been gifted a Nyaruu sub... twenty days after the fact.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom