"Would you like to take this opportunity to sleep with me? I can have a nice dream💤"Utatane Nasa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
It's depressing how much brain rot comes from Light Novels. Not like none of them have good stories and characters, but yes, it's the writing level and style that's the problem. It's like your average fanfiction writing level or YA at best. I don't want to sound snooty but compared to real novels (even just stuff on the level of Stephen King or pulpy fantasy novels) it's trash.
Pretty sure one of the Niji/Holostars clippers is currently making a video series on how fucked the system behind light novels is in Japan, with how both web novels and publisher contests (main ways to make it big with an LN) heavily favor the same regurgitated tropes and keeping things as concise as possible so judges don't have to try too hard reading.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
A minecraft god, a minecraft idiot and a normal minecrafter walk into a bar......

Just gonna post Kaela's pov too cause this is a Vesper-tier thumbnail

Not-Username

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
that you would refuse to enjoy someone because they have different political views is about as faggy as not watching holo live because of all the "loli"
90% sure most vtubers will have at least one or two things you would strongly disagree with.

im also 100% sure none of them actually talk in depth about it so why does it matter?
I agree to some extent, but the fact Lumi and some others don't like filthy commies makes them cooler in my book.
:smugselen:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
that you would refuse to enjoy someone because they have different political views is about as faggy as not watching holo live because of all the "loli"
90% sure most vtubers will have at least one or two things you would strongly disagree with.

im also 100% sure none of them actually talk in depth about it so why does it matter?

You're right so far as that 100% stays 100%. But this is a form of escapism for most people, and when a streamer starts talking about divisive political issues and just so happens to have opinions which run counter to your own, that escapism breaks down because the your natural reaction will be to get your hackles up and defend your side, and now it's not comfy escapism from the trials of the real world anymore. It's much easier for me to enjoy my oshis when I don't know their stances on controversial issues that I feel strongly about because there's a very good chance they'd run counter to mine.

Stunned But Dumb

I never read Light Novels, but after reading and watching a bit of the manga and anime that comes from them, I just assumed they're the JP YA books. Percy Jackson, Unfortunate Events, Pendragon, etc. Just looking at this discussion I feel I'm missing something very key here

Also, just imagine Gura doing a six hour debate stream with Destiny about immigration or something then going right back to streaming minecraft and rhythm games the very next day like nothing ever happened. God that'd be hilarious

Last edited:

Netscaper

Early Adopter
A minecraft god, a minecraft idiot and a normal minecrafter walk into a bar......

Come on man. Ina deserves the Washed-up had-been Minecraft pro title at the very least. Her "temporary" iron farm is still producing.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Kiara said that she is going to do a collab stream with Ironmouse on Ironmouse's channel.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I never read Light Novels, but after reading and watching a bit of the manga and anime that comes from them, I just assumed they're the JP YA books. Percy Jackson, Unfortunate Events, Pendragon, etc. Just looking at this discussion I feel I'm missing something very key here
Kinda. LN's in general are not seperated out the same way english books are put into childrens YA adult ect.

they essentually have Shonen and Seinen Shonen despite what you might think is just "aimed at young boys" usually this translates to more mindless action Seinen is "aimed at young girls" which usually translates to "romance"

except that's also wrong and untrue
It's very fucky theres also the vague distinctions between Manga Dojinshi and Graphic LN's

maybe someone smarter then me would be willing to go into more detail but the TLDR is pretty much that most genre labels ceom from the English speaking side.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Kinda. LN's in general are not seperated out the same way english books are put into childrens YA adult ect.

they essentually have Shonen and Seinen Shonen despite what you might think is just "aimed at young boys" usually this translates to more mindless action Seinen is "aimed at young girls" which usually translates to "romance"

except that's also wrong and untrue
It's very fucky theres also the vague distinctions between Manga Dojinshi and Graphic LN's

maybe someone smarter then me would be willing to go into more detail but the TLDR is pretty much that most genre labels ceom from the English speaking side.
Commas, Negro.

Not-Username

Kiara said that she is going to do a collab stream with Ironmouse on Ironmouse's channel.
"Speak of the devil" I assume?!

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Felti is streaming, some may know her as the artist for Gezu's previous model.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
It's depressing how much brain rot comes from Light Novels. Not like none of them have good stories and characters, but yes, it's the writing level and style that's the problem. It's like your average fanfiction writing level or YA at best. I don't want to sound snooty but compared to real novels (even just stuff on the level of Stephen King or pulpy fantasy novels) it's trash.
I was under the impression that light novels in general were not supposed to be that great in the first place. It is supposed to be done for light reading. It is the sitcom of novels.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Come on man. Ina deserves the Washed-up had-been Minecraft pro title at the very least. Her "temporary" iron farm is still producing.
Sorry man, Kaela has raised the bar a long way....

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Bros, you're missing Uruka talking about the dynamics of childbirth.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
So with the leak of Tears of the Kingdom today, I've come to the realization that two weeks from now...we're in for an absolute fucking flood of Zelda streams from everyone under the sun.

Dread it. Run from it. FotM still arrives.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
So with the leak of Tears of the Kingdom today, I've come to the realization that two weeks from now...we're in for an absolute fucking flood of Zelda streams from everyone under the sun.

Dread it. Run from it. FotM still arrives.
I am ready.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Im going to seriously ask what does makes Suisei the most sexy vtuber ever?
Fingerless gloves.

Art Tax:
__hoshimachi_suisei_hololive_drawn_by_tacshojosora__bfc9148e81f6ecac2458af44318a4259.jpg
__hoshimachi_suisei_hololive_drawn_by_tacshojosora__sample-7b648522e4fdd846f24aadc26afc3942.jpg
__hoshimachi_suisei_hololive_drawn_by_saco_cgmore__sample-3c3a1654cbc27111069ded98d8dfc5f9.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom