"You don't tell anyone if you see inside a girl!"Shiori Novella

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Rin has almost 100K subs, pushes out lots of shorts and gets 200-300 CCV on a livestream. Tenma has almost 100K subs, doesn't give a shit about shorts and gets around 1000 CCV on a livestream. I dare say that Tenma's getting much more donos too.

It's good for Rin that she's got the amount of subs she has from her work, especially in such a short time, but there is little, if any, translation to her streams or donos.
You mean to tell me in 4 months Rin has managed to match Tenma's subs, who's been doing this for going on 2 years, and reach just about a third of her CCV?

Damn, thanks for helping me collect more evidence that Shorts help your channel!

kukkia

Early Adopter
I thought we went through this arc already with Khyo and whatnot, Japanese companies aren't going to have much luck suing Americans just because their feelings got hurt. Brittany would be screwed in Japan but I'm pretty sure she's American. She may lose her channel due to YT stuff, idk.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I thought we went through this arc already with Khyo and whatnot, Japanese companies aren't going to have much luck suing Americans just because their feelings got hurt. Brittany would be screwed in Japan but I'm pretty sure she's American. She may lose her channel due to YT stuff, idk.
losing her channel would basically murder her career and while she would probably pop back up with a new one her fanbase is largely the type to never come back or seek her out

and considering shes one of the worst ones that's a win in my book.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Huh, I’ve been trying to get info on their value for a long time but couldn’t.

I’m extremely shocked. I thought Cover was supposed to be bigger than Anycolor and so I assumed they were worth more. I also assumed even before knowing Anycolor was worth 1 billion USD that Cover was worth more than 70 mill.
E67AD67F-19A4-4A2A-A3E3-59D7A41F1E96.png
B68CBB7B-7EC7-45E2-96BD-976220B3AD8F.png

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
You mean to tell me in 4 months Rin has managed to match Tenma's subs, who's been doing this for going on 2 years, and reach just about a third of her CCV?

Damn, thanks for helping me collect more evidence that Shorts help your channel!
I think the issue is that Shorts aren't helping Tenma in the way she wants to be helped. If you value subs, then yea shorts help. But I agree with her that shorts don't always carry over to CCV/Livestream viewers. And based on what she's saying, that's clearly what Tenma values more.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
tbf people have sued in the past to silence targets through legal funds despite knowing if it came down to a verdict they’d lose. Most people would rather be silent then drown in legal debt. Surely she wouldn’t be dumb enough to risk that, but if she were, it’s her funeral

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Huh, I’ve been trying to get info on their value for a long time but couldn’t.

I’m extremely shocked. I thought Cover was supposed to be bigger than Anycolor and so I assumed they were worth more. I also assumed even before knowing Anycolor was worth 1 billion USD that Cover was worth more than 70 mill.
View attachment 17697
View attachment 17698
Have you been in /vt/? Nijisisters love throwing around NUMBERS about how their corpo makes more money than firthy idolfags.
I think the issue is that Shorts aren't helping Tenma in the way she wants to be helped. If you value subs, then yea shorts help. But I agree with her that shorts don't always carry over to CCV/Livestream viewers. And based on what she's saying, that's clearly what Tenma values more.
It should be valued more. Subs can be inert and mean absolutely nothing for your income or growth, there are plenty of channels on youtube that have millions of subs but don't even get 100k views on any of their videos. Shorts were made for people with limited attention spans, it gets eyes on you, but what you really want is to cement those people as regular fans who interact with your future content. Clicking the subscribe button is really easy, actually remembering that person exists is much harder.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
because it's the "new thing to do" remember when it was all greek mythology then egyptian then both + Norse?
it's all surface level shit.

I don't know if it's really that new, but it's definitely been ramping up over the years and becoming more prevalent in various media. However in many cases they just use the names and not much else, in Genshin's case there's at least one case ot be made with Venti/Barbatos where the Genshin character kind of reflects some aspects of Barbatos' depictions from the past as a green-clad archer. Aside from Paimon that doesn't seem to have that much of a connection, the only other goetic demon connection I can name offhand is Fischl/Amy, and even then it's kind of a reach because there's not a lot of overlap with the Goetic Amy with what is an actual female name. The only possible argument to make in the case of Goetic overlap is Oz, Fischl's familiar, as Goetic Amy is said to grant good familiars.

I know there's a few others that are named elsewhere in the game in much more subtle ways, and referenced in roundabout fashions. Not all of them are characters either, like Decarabia and the Decarabian Tower tiles and Morax lending the name to the in-universe currency (mora). It's a lot more convoluted seeming than just surface level 'Haha western demonology references lmao', and while not the deepest still, I can't help but wonder if there's some grander plan behind it because an awful lot more work is put in to sneak these references in when so few people would get them. If it was just the names and nothing more I wouldn't even question it.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Have you been in /vt/? Nijisisters love throwing around NUMBERS about how their corpo makes more money than firthy idolfags.
see that’s the thing

I’m not a masochist, I don’t go to /vt

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Sure I'll agree subs don't translate to CCV at the same rate as...whatever else Tenma is doing to promote her streams (IS she doing anything else?), but they do translate.

Problem is there's basically no opportunity cost to doing shorts. The easiest way to put out shorts is to just do clips but in 9:16 instead of 16:9, which people already do.

The problem is looking at it as doing shorts vs. streaming. That's not how it works. You can still stream and make shorts, they're supposed to be lower-effort as well as lower-time. Hell you can stream and make shorts at the same time, there's literally software you can use to automate turning a clip into a short.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
tbf people have sued in the past to silence targets through legal funds despite knowing if it came down to a verdict they’d lose. Most people would rather be silent then drown in legal debt. Surely she wouldn’t be dumb enough to risk that, but if she were, it’s her funeral
Not if the lawsuits are deemed SLAPP suits and the plaintiff is ordered to pay legal costs. Slander/Defamation/Libel all have pretty high bars to clear in the US. I'm not really too keen on watching any of her content to give a more informed opinion, though.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Any this “I Kissed A Girl” cover by Ollie was something alright. Ft intentionally bad singing, slorping noises, and wangy wangy

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I don't know if it's really that new, but it's definitely been ramping up over the years and becoming more prevalent in various media. However in many cases they just use the names and not much else, in Genshin's case there's at least one case ot be made with Venti/Barbatos where the Genshin character kind of reflects some aspects of Barbatos' depictions from the past as a green-clad archer. Aside from Paimon that doesn't seem to have that much of a connection, the only other goetic demon connection I can name offhand is Fischl/Amy, and even then it's kind of a reach because there's not a lot of overlap with the Goetic Amy with what is an actual female name. The only possible argument to make in the case of Goetic overlap is Oz, Fischl's familiar, as Goetic Amy is said to grant good familiars.

I know there's a few others that are named elsewhere in the game in much more subtle ways, and referenced in roundabout fashions. Not all of them are characters either, like Decarabia and the Decarabian Tower tiles and Morax lending the name to the in-universe currency (mora). It's a lot more convoluted seeming than just surface level 'Haha western demonology references lmao', and while not the deepest still, I can't help but wonder if there's some grander plan behind it because an awful lot more work is put in to sneak these references in when so few people would get them. If it was just the names and nothing more I wouldn't even question it.

How is that not surface level getting a few small connections right with the base is the very bare minimum and something i would consider part of the surface level use subtlety does not equate depth I highly suspect that that it's like one or two nerds giggling to themselves for being clever while everyone else is just googling and looking for vauge similarities because most games do

I think the only game in recent memory to do the mythology they are referencing ACTUAL justice is LobCorp/LibraryOfRuina Nu God Of War did make a good effort tho Theres also Asura's Wrath just to give a short list of games i consider better then surface level

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Heading out to take a nap so I don't miss Pink Woman's Resident Evil 4 stream, but I will probably wake up for Rin Penrose's membership stream happening in a little under two and a half hours from now, then fast-track to Pippa's stream tonight (if she has one), today's going to be busy

Maybe by then I'll be able to pass the login queue for the Diablo IV Open Beta

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha is playing dressup with buckos drawing herself in suggested outfits again soon

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
>Katta 3 hours late for nap stream, 5 hours 45 minutes late for Far Cry 6.
We've gotta stop having such late nights, sorry guys
:smugrys:
Fighting the Palestinian menace takes a lot out of even a Russian woman

Not_glowie

Just lurking
I listened to Pippa's advice and sorted vtubers by views. It was a chore to filter out all alphabet "females" but in the end I have succeeded in finding a cute 1 view.
Then I heard a male voice in the background :painpeko:
Easier said than done.
Edit. Oh, she's a menhera.
Edit2. Yup, he's a boyfriend.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Learn what you're reading.
Price hasn't been set yet. Initial price for Anycolor quintupled+ between the start of bidding and market open. That will happen for Cover on Monday the 27th. It's entirely possible that Cover will become a billion-dollar company before the end of Monday. That's exactly what happened to Anycolor, they were valued at less than 100 mil before their IPO.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter

So I found out that Venti must be a masochist because she made another Gura focused video 3 weeks ago. At 15:23 “Gura will spend all day infantilizing herself when you click on Twitter and she’s retweeting stuff like this”
View attachment 17696
If Gura is a child character. and this is supposed to be sexual. then Brittany thinks that a child in a bathing suit is inherently sexual, that’s extremely fucked. Anyway I wouldn’t usually advocate reporting content as that’s against my principles, but this is clearly slanderous and deserves to be reported for harassment and misinformation (this is my first time reporting anything). Slander is not protected by the 1st Amendment. She’s obviously implying Gura is pedo-baiting

Venti putting her own foot in her mouth again. Shocking.

paul

Early Adopter
More clips from VSaikyo trainings

The "seiso" team coached by rpr (with help from translator)

Towa, Beni, Tsuna, and keyboard auction

Hinano's laugh is always relevant

Uruha, Met, and Ibrahim. Ibrahim fears Deron

I want to have the same excitement and interest replaying a game like Furen

Furen is unironically retarted

Unrelated: Listen to Luna practicing the Dragon Ball Z theme song on her Electone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom