"Never start your own vtubing agency, because they'll take your money and convert it to lesbianism"Lia Rinkou

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
View attachment 17702View attachment 17703

The left is Tenma's Twitch numbers. The right is Rin's YT numbers. Tenma is getting somewhere between 2 and 5x the amount of average CCVs of Rin.

As I said before, congrats to Rin for her hard work doing shorts and getting to 100K subs so quickly, but, as I said, that doesn't translate to CCVs, let alone memberships or donations or the like.
This entire numberfagging discussion is gay as hell but Rin started posting her shorts on 3/7. Her most popular one, the Gura short was posted on 3/8, while the other huge one, Vtuber Income short was posted on 3/11. From there, her shorts views started being consistently high. The numbers you pulled are all from before that. Obviously she isn't going to be a 4view right away but even looking at your numbers vs the actual numbers post shorts, there's been a small yet noticeable increase in CCV.

24839.png
3/14's stream can be considered an outlier since that was a collab. Maybe 3/22's stream can be one too, since that was one of her special powerpoint streams and those always do higher numbers. Not to mention her first stream in 3 days. Her dog was sick over the last week so she hasn't been consistently streaming. But just going off of this, more people are watching her streams for sure. You can also look at any recent vod and you'll see new people saying they came from the shorts. We'll be able to see more data next week since she should be streaming more consistently.

Just wanna clarify I don't care about how Rin is doing compared to Tenma or any other vtuber. But she is doing good and the small sample of recent streams have shown that the shorts are helping at least a little. Whether that's worth it or not is subjective but she and her management seem to think it is for the time-being.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
>Yuri: "My parents only stayed together because I was born"
>Pippa: "W-well, at least you know you weren't keeping someone together with someone they hated just because of you"
Pippa...

Remember friends, if you skip a day in Duolingo, the owl is going to mutilate your family in a way that'd make a cartel sicario blush.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Can't wait to buy a Kirschecube plushie for $54.99 and another $74.99 in shipping.
I'll be disappointed if Kirsche doesn't release a branded plush toilet paper roll at some point. 🧻

EDIT: Yuri: "My parents think my job is acting like a Chinese cartoon."

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I'll be disappointed if Kirsche doesn't release a branded plush toilet paper roll at some point. 🧻
Proctor, this guy is asking for a Kirsche fleshlight! Punish him! How dare he, that's too degenerate!

....wait, what do you mean you want this merch too?

VTuberThrow

This entire numberfagging discussion is gay as hell but Rin started posting her shorts on 3/7. Her most popular one, the Gura short was posted on 3/8, while the other huge one, Vtuber Income short was posted on 3/11. From there, her shorts views started being consistently high. The numbers you pulled are all from before that. Obviously she isn't going to be a 4view right away but even looking at your numbers vs the actual numbers post shorts, there's been a small yet noticeable increase in CCV.

View attachment 17713
3/14's stream can be considered an outlier since that was a collab. Maybe 3/22's stream can be one too, since that was one of her special powerpoint streams and those always do higher numbers. Not to mention her first stream in 3 days. Her dog was sick over the last week so she hasn't been consistently streaming. But just going off of this, more people are watching her streams for sure. You can also look at any recent vod and you'll see new people saying they came from the shorts. We'll be able to see more data next week since she should be streaming more consistently.

Just wanna clarify I don't care about how Rin is doing compared to Tenma or any other vtuber. But she is doing good and the small sample of recent streams have shown that the shorts are helping at least a little. Whether that's worth it or not is subjective but she and her management seem to think it is for the time-being.
Honestly, I can't think of any downsides to shorts if they really are fairly easy to put together. They do seem to have a noticeable impact on sub count and also seem to get significantly more engagement/views than regular videos/vods (Rin's shorts have like 10x the views of her videos/stream vods). At worst, it seems your sub count goes up and your CCV is relatively unchanged. No clue if that would affect your channel negatively though since I don't know much about working the algorithm. I guess you could get a bit of imposter syndrome, which is a pretty common feeling, if you see your sub count skyrocket but your viewership stay unchanged.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I hate this account sometimes. Sorry Nene fans.

Screenshot_20230325-170622-745.png

Sven

Didn't Pippa say Phase management was pushing the shorts pretty hard on the talent? It sounded like she had a weekly short quota to fulfill. Maybe that plan was abandoned.

I wonder if Gen 3 will take 8 months for their public debut like Gen 2 did. Hopefully Phase has streamlined their onboarding process after learning from Gen 2 and we'll see them by summer.
Not the best memory but what I recall of Pippa mentioning it was management were pushing shorts to boost numbers but never actually put up a quota, Fish might have finally figured out that pushing quota's doesn't work on menhara girls.

Gen 2 seemed to have many things hold it up, I want to say I remember someone mentioning that it was only 5 members at first and they delayed to add a sixth but this could be me being completely wrong and misremembering something as I don't have any source for this claim.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
View attachment 17661
Pochi has been spotted posting on her PL account
It's...it's gonna be alright, right?
:takocope:
Technically Yuko did the same for a short bit. I think every 3 months or so need to go back to their old shit and post a message or two. Maybe unwind or something.

There are many other corpo Vtubers that also do this. LIke Kyo that goes on his PL account to rant about his coworkers.

>Mori just straight-up retweeting accounts promoting Demondice doujin shit
View attachment 17673

I kinda admire this level of not giving a shit.
Honestly, not bad idea. She's is promoting both of her accounts without the fan spergout of "hurr durr u r doxxin urself"

I thought Horny Fauna backed out of her TOS breaking YT stream for Friday but she just posted it on her horny Twitter account instead. Maybe she always meant to do that and I just misunderstood. Anyways...coomers rejoice, your coom queen followed through.
Honestly i thought it would be a Members stream also and not just an audio clip. Although given how flustered she got the other day I don't think she could do this with an audience.

Puerto Rican brown gamer catgirl sings!

This is her best song. Mostly because she actually knows it. Seems like 90% of everything else she tries to sing she either is not confident enough or doesnt know/practice the songs so she scuffs it. She has a very nice singing voice and it would be impressive to see if she committed to it.

I listened to Pippa's advice and sorted vtubers by views. It was a chore to filter out all alphabet "females" but in the end I have succeeded in finding a cute 1 view.
Then I heard a male voice in the background :painpeko:
Easier said than done.
Edit. Oh, she's a menhera.
Edit2. Yup, he's a boyfriend.
Your attempt at grooming a 1view failed.

Yuri and Pippa are great as usual, but who the heck picks these clips? Did they choose the most boring clips on purpose?

Also, some interesting roommate lore. Yuri said that she and Airi went to a haunted house together and Airi clung to her arm the whole time and got so scared that she got down on the floor and a rude employee came to hurry them along. It's weird to think of the PC talents doing stuff together irl, to me at least.

EDIT: Talking about "face degloving" somehow turned into Warrior Cats/Linkin Park amv's. I love these weirdos.
The problem with the clips is that the talents and management are the ones that pick them so they get curated. I believe the Pippa clip I made of her reacting to the PSA of the car crushing a bunch of children was requested but they didn't add it. Also, people have to submit them to another Clips channel they have on discord (not the regular clips channel everyone dumps their clips on). That's why 90% of the clips don't even get recommended as its only a handful of people properly requesting them. Also many Twitch and Youtube Clips are posted that are not really edited, just a straight rip from the Stream. Not to sound like an elitist femboy but often good clips are over 1 minute long and might contain multiple cut and pasted sections from a 10-30 minute long segment. The clip function in Youtube and Twitch only allow you to cut about 1.5 minute-long non-edited clips.

1679778999122.png

Honestly, I can't think of any downsides to shorts if they really are fairly easy to put together. They do seem to have a noticeable impact on sub count and also seem to get significantly more engagement/views than regular videos/vods (Rin's shorts have like 10x the views of her videos/stream vods). At worst, it seems your sub count goes up and your CCV is relatively unchanged. No clue if that would affect your channel negatively though since I don't know much about working the algorithm. I guess you could get a bit of imposter syndrome, which is a pretty common feeling, if you see your sub count skyrocket but your viewership stay unchanged.
There really isnt any downsides other than maybe not wanting THAT audience. Its basically the equivalent of an atomic bomb when it comes to who it targets and hits. Sometimes its better to make contect directly targeting a certain audience as they will be more loyal and more in-line with the type of content you produce.

Mouse started and damn its pretty great.

They are talking about reggaeton and how they rejected that shit because when you are growing up its fucking everywhere and it sucks. The spic part of me can identify with that shit.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I think shorts are a smart move, not as a way to encourage stream growth, but to reach a secondary demographic outside of the stream audience. I don't care for the TikTok meta personally but I understand why it's taken off - short and digestible normie-friendly clips are the kind of thing that people see on their phones, have a quick laugh at, and send to their friends. YouTube shorts cater to that same audience.

My personal gripe with a lot of the YouTube shorts I've seen is the excessive overly flashy editing; I get that it works better for the format given the target demographic is zoomers whose dopamine receptors have been poisoned to the point they can't even listen to someone talk for less than a minute without an animation or sound effect to pull them back in, but it's just too much for my old man brain to process sometimes.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
not magni is whoring himself for free. looks like that holo money isn't enough

lando.png

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Didn't Pippa go over the shorts metagame a few weeks ago? The tldr; of it is you get enhanced exposition and thus increase in punctual subs, but they just do not translate to higher ccvs.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Timestamp? I need it!
It's shortly after she started her greetings roll call. Timestamps on ongoing streams are unreliable so I don't think I'm able to provide one just yet.
EDIT: here it is, 8m36s

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
Sharkcube!!

Edit: Consiering it's her 2nd stream in as many days I guess I'll give her a pass on promising a gaming stream and delivering minecraft. I guess.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I hate this account sometimes. Sorry Nene fans.

That's me in the middle dude, fuck pippa.
Sharkcube!!

Edit: Consiering it's her 2nd stream in as many days I guess I'll give her a pass on promising a gaming stream and delivering minecraft. I guess.

Not real, gura doesn't stream remember?

wew

Male hag love!
I wonder if Gen 3 will take 8 months for their public debut like Gen 2 did. Hopefully Phase has streamlined their onboarding process after learning from Gen 2 and we'll see them by summer.
Gen 3 still needs to be lightly trained than also plan their debut stream and any stream assets they need. Fishman said they already had the models made and the talents can only request light edits to it. Which I'm sure means like color changes or small art edits that would not need new rigging so they don't get delayed for many months.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Huh, I’ve been trying to get info on their value for a long time but couldn’t.

I’m extremely shocked. I thought Cover was supposed to be bigger than Anycolor and so I assumed they were worth more. I also assumed even before knowing Anycolor was worth 1 billion USD that Cover was worth more than 70 mill.
I could be wrong but iirc Cover only made a smaller portion of their company public as of now, I think. So that may have something to do with it. Anycolor does make more money but the gap isn't that big.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Sharkcube!!

anton-ego-flashback.gif

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina's a lil late, but so is my Shiina post

Edit:
uhoh.PNG

:panik:
Edit: She was talking to a PC senpai she hadn't talked to much before on discord VC and talked too long :annoyedpippa:WAMEN

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Add this to the list:
"We all have a lot of "primas". We have a bunch of cousins. Those mother fuckers dont even know what a condom is." - Hakka

Edit:

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom