"So many people died, but that's fine. That's how it works. That's how Indonesian building works."Moona Hoshinova

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Watch as they are only allowed to play the Japanese version and no showing the ending
And then you have panko playing the fucking game with leon in a maid outfit not giving a shit. Phase seems to being in a weird limbo of not giving a shit as a corpo about the autistic permission bullshit, tenma has played emulated games, airi has been playing old games for the lols, pippa has shit on games hard several times and I wonder if fishman doesn't really give a fuck about the possible downside of this as a corpo or hasn't even thought about it.

Phase is canadian and unless some cuck leaf can correct me, they don't have fair use as the americans do right? they could get in trouble legally if some fag dev gets tilted or someone like nintendo comes down their necks if someone in phase emulates one of their games on stream.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
And then you have panko playing the fucking game with leon in a maid outfit not giving a shit. Phase seems to being in a weird limbo of not giving a shit as a corpo about the autistic permission bullshit, tenma has played emulated games, airi has been playing old games for the lols, pippa has shit on games hard several times and I wonder if fishman doesn't really give a fuck about the possible downside of this as a corpo or hasn't even thought about it.

Phase is canadian and unless some cuck leaf can correct me, they don't have fair use as the americans do right? they could get in trouble legally if some fag dev gets tilted or someone like nintendo comes down their necks if someone in phase emulates one of their games on stream.
It's one of the few benefits of the Fish being Chinese, they give literally no shits about Nippon industry expectations and corpo speak. Shiina mentioned on the chuck e cheese stream they won't emulate Nintendo for the legal reasons, but Nintendo is a different animal anyway. 99% of game devs realize that going after streamers, who are essentially advertising their games at no cost to them except in case of sponsored streams, would be retarded as hell and just give them a bad rep.

Screenshot_20230325-104158-707.png
Interesting - not just the interaction, but Tenma seems to have had a sneak peek at the next gen already

Last edited:

RiverBear

Phase is in a position of big enough to have a following but also too small for the big companies to care.

Heck even "big" streamers like xQc can get away with it because they aren't backed by an actual company.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
When you are nintendo, and are backed up by a cavalcade of billions of consoomer brainlets, you don't have to care about "a bad rep".

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Phase is in a position of big enough to have a following but also too small for the big companies to care.

Heck even "big" streamers like xQc can get away with it because they aren't backed by an actual company.
Nobody in the west cares in general, Niji and Holo only care because they are Japs, even "big" western companies like roosterteeth or OfflineTV never cared about games permisions or restrictions before, only thing like respecting NDA's and street release days.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Puerto Rican brown gamer catgirl sings!

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Zeta is suffering so much watching her debut that she wants skip free talk. HAHAHAHA

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Axel, Selen, Altare practicing Apex again

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
It's Zeta's anniversary. Time flies.

Ollie ended her karaoke and sent Zeta a zombie arm asset to give her non-consensual headpats.

oh and she made a bingo, LMAOOOO
Screenshot - 2023-03-25T112950.087.png

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Pekora's the first one I've seen who doesn't use savestates for DKC.

She compensates by farming lives the way they're supposed to be.

Respect.

She's still going to get filtered by Snow Barrel Blast, tho'.

Edit: Or not. Looked away from the screen and she's in the next level. Can you skip these things or did she accidentally find the shortcut? Dammit, don't pay attention for ten seconds...

Edit#2: Gorilla Glaciers checkpoint with her very last life. I'm... honestly not sure whether this was perfect timing or Pekora actually being an epic gamer doing a bit.

Last edited:

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Catching up with the thread, so there are a lot of random replies to out-dated discussions
fauna also has one she used for anime nyc once dont know why it hasnt popped up after that maybe for her birthday ?

Looks like you were right on the money
Very cryptic indeed. No idea whose handwritings these are
We can rule out Chloe at least
College girls war ended in mutually assured destruction. I wish the best for both of them.
knowing mumei though she'll probably try to push herself to guerilla if she feels good enough, she loves streaming too much for her own good
I like to say that Haachama loves streaming too but idk anymore
In the past when she got sick she would still stream
She would skip uni classes to stream
But all that got her in big trouble with her manager, who is less of a streaming content manager, because Haachama is allergic to asking permissions for anything and gets her stream ideas either last minute when its too late to ask management or even mid-stream
Her manager helps her manage university, she reminds her when her homework is due, to not stream too late because she has classes early the next day and also encouraged her to not stream at all during exam period.

This very close up management of her uni classes probably comes because last spring, Haachama proudly presented the results of her Uni classes: She failed 5 out of 7; most of them because she didn't even show up because she thought streaming is more fun than going to classes

I still want to give the person that is in charge of selection process for Myth a drink. I think part of the success that Myth got is due to them finding the right person to pilot their 2D.
Kiara and Calli almost switching avatars between the two of them is so funny because in retrospect, Kiara and the phoenix motive of never giving up and standing back up fits so damn well. I also believe Kiara as a reaper could work, but Calli the mallgoth is such a better fit. Also Calli could never do Chicken Restaurant skits and stuff like Kiara does without cringing to death.
Keyboard autists have worse spending habits than the average tech-related hobby
Thank God Reine is a rich girl. She tuned it down by now but about a year ago she would buy new keycaps like every other week
She also collects Special editions of the Nintendo Switch just because
Hey Yagoo, HoloMoms Gen1 when?
I also nominate Kiaras based as fuck mom for that Gen as well
I'm reallly glad you guys are liking Erina and Skye. The "awkward tall girl", for lack of a better term, has quickly become one of my favorite vtuber archetypes and Erina is one of my favorite Phase girls, after Pippa of course. If I had to describe what I'm talking about I guess it would be the deep "mommy" voice and mature looking, well proportioned model juxtaposed with a dorky, innocent personality. With that kind of model and voice you would expect some kind findom or coomer content but instead you get a lonely weirdo making voices and talking about random nerdy things she likes with their content rarely if ever touching on sexual topics.
I never watched Erina, but I do want to note that this description somehow mostly applies to Reine from HoloID as well. Because her mama is a famous doujin-artist people expect her to be a dommy mommy kinda type but she is more of a hag doing baby voices stuck in really sexy model.
Semi-serious open question, will there be a time were Suisei becomes "too big" for Hololive?
I dont think thats possible. Not yet at least. She is a low-level nationwide Star at best. Outside of the Vtubing sphere overseas she is basically a nobody still, plenty of Japanese artists are much more famous than her even overseas and among more casual j-pop listeners. Also Suisei grows alongside Hololive, so even if one day she becomes a world-wide phenomena, she would pull Hololive with her. The only way I could see Suisei becoming too big for Hololive is if she explodes in popularity several times back to back and Hololive management cant keep up with it and whatever comes when you are suddenly a world-renown musician.
It's also crazy how Activ8 literally had POLKA and MOTHERFUCKING KORONE under their belt and they squandered them due to sheer goddamn incompetence and mismanagement.
huh
I never cared much about the roomates of the JP girls so I never looked into it, but this is the first time I hear that they were corpo before Hololive. I just assumed they were nico-nico Indie streamers before and that's it
over 5 hrs. Damn Turkey really likes Sims
shes a hopeless shipfag, at least on par, probably even worse than Kiara
And Sims is just playing with dolls of your friends and a shipping simulator to these girls
Happy to see so many comments about IRyS's members only stream, and it actually got me wondering; How many members here are membered to which vtubers? I'd be interested in an anonymous poll, but it would require multiple option selection, and hundreds of names (thanks Nijisanji :rolleyes:). If needed to cut down on the overhead of hundreds of names, it could be limited it to EN talents only, and maybe combine small corpos ('anyone from phase', 'anyone from idol' as options, etc.), and just having an 'other' for any indies.
Getting even more complex, it'd be interesting to see a cross-section of something like '25% of the members of X are also members of Y'. I saw some poll like this from 4chan, but I don't know what site they used for it, and we'd have to lock the link behind a post for registered users only.

Edit: I said 'anonymous poll', but whatever, since people are replying I'll just say mine too; IRyS, Mumei, Chikafuji Lisa.
Its Kiara and Ophelia Midnight for me

Now follows a bit of Ship-sperging
Council of the Two-Three groups seems the most ok with the shipping bullshit though? I seem to recall Bae/Irys play it up often for laughs there was that whole Fanfic writing wave that happened way back in the minecraft days not saying that it does not creep them out.
Feels more like this is more Myth then Council who have had a lot more bullshit to deal with the Cali Kiara stuff Ame shipping in general Goob seems to repell the worst of it and Ina has a much smaller more dedicated Cult Fanbase who knock shit off if she complains?
I am a slightly involved in shipping circles since I like reading Holo Fanfics. And if I can say anything, its that Ina actually has some of the most rabid and schizo shippers. Similarly to the 4thWah, the Takos are extremely obsessed over any small interaction Ina had that could even be slightly be interpreted as romantic. Its at its worse with InAme. Until recently the had not collab for over 2 years 1-on-1 and dont interact much on twitter or even mention each other a lot. Still, InAme is one of the most popular HoloMyth ships, even though there is nothing to go on.
Also he is not quitting
sad:pekol:
Is this a growing portion of the HoloCouncil fanbase or just a very vocal minority? It looks like it's becoming Luxiem levels of cancer.
just my observation, but yeah that side that calls itself CouncilTwt is gaining traction in the past few months
This kind of obsessive community existed since the start but the circle was small with like 500-800 followers mostly, now these people have several thousand
Also, this a personal opinion, but as a Shipfag myself and someone who got started in with Holomyth, I hate how a lot of these people either pretend that Council is superior to Myth, straight up dont never even acknowledge Myth or pretend that they are unique in their shipping. FUCK OFF NEWFAGS, MYTH SHIP SCHIZOS HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU DO BEFORE, YOU ALL PRETEND TO DO NEW, STUFF EVERYTHING YOU DO, MYTHSCHIZOS HAVE DONE BEFORE. MYTH SHIP DYNAMICS ARE FAR SUPERIOR ANYWAYS.
Sorry about that one, just felt like saying it
Yeah, the days where you could regularly spend a day watching Kiara > Ina > Gura > Ame from mid-morning to evening (ET) are over I expect. But a couple streams most weeks doesn't seem like it ought to be impossible....
I dont remember those days
I tune in to Kiara and by the time her stream is done the day is done too :mikothumbsl:

RE perms seem to be sorted out
Screenshot_20230325_054107_YouTube.jpg

View attachment 17574
Show your love for you oshi today!

• best at taking care of a sick friend Ame (she seems to be kind and don't Forget that she almost was a Paramedic)
  • most "ponkotsu" (e.g. clumsy) Irys (this one is obvious)
  • first to get bitten in a zombie apocalypse Ina (she can't Run away)
  • one with the best luck Mori (look at any random luckshitter collab she does; Ame is a close second tho that girl seriously shouldn't be alive)
  • one you'd like to be your mom Kiara (Fauna will be the obvious answer but Kiara is really fond of babies and small kids and has talked before how watching a Korean show with babies makes her uterus tingle (as long as they are girls))
  • gold medalist in a hololive English Sports Day event Bae (Rrat is pretty fit)
  • one with the messiest room Gura (a lot of people are saying Ina but Guras mold empire is probably worse)
  • best at coming up with a date plan Kiara (Kiara is a shipfag and by watching her Sims streams I've learned that she knows what she wants; also she helps her BFF organise dates with her boyfriend)
  • best at assembling furniture Ame (she built the Ame-Studio, its obvious. Runner-up would be Calli I believe)
  • most "seiso" (pure) Bae (despite the mating press meme, this Rat is seiso, she seems to be a sheltered Zoomer and a lot of sexual innuendos fly over her head. People like Fauna and Ina just hide their powerlevel. Maybe a hot take but my runner-up here would be Kiara.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Pioneer

AZKi is playing minecraft again today. Glad to see her stream more frequently recently, and doing streams longer than her regular 1hour.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

So I found out that Venti must be a masochist because she made another Gura focused video 3 weeks ago. At 15:23 “Gura will spend all day infantilizing herself when you click on Twitter and she’s retweeting stuff like this”
971E221C-BA09-43A1-9728-22A3409A06D0.png
If Gura is a child character. and this is supposed to be sexual. then Brittany thinks that a child in a bathing suit is inherently sexual, that’s extremely fucked. Anyway I wouldn’t usually advocate reporting content as that’s against my principles, but this is clearly slanderous and deserves to be reported for harassment and misinformation (this is my first time reporting anything). Slander is not protected by the 1st Amendment. She’s obviously implying Gura is pedo-baiting

edit: I realize now after speaking to a friend that the report stuff was hypocritical given my stance of expanding 1st Amendment to YOUtube

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

So I found out that Venti must be a masochist because she made another Gura focused video. At 15:23 “Gura will spend all day infantilizing herself when you click on Twitter and she’s retweeting stuff like this”
View attachment 17696
If Gura is a child character. and this is supposed to be sexual. then Brittany thinks that a child in a bathing suit is inherently sexual, that’s extremely fucked. Anyway I wouldn’t usually advocate reporting content, but this is clearly slanderous and deserves to be reported for harassment

She got a youtube strike for a Gura video already, so I think she's just speedrunning getting banned.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
More clips from VSaikyo trainings

The "seiso" team coached by rpr (with help from translator)

Towa, Beni, Tsuna, and keyboard auction

Hinano's laugh is always relevant

Uruha, Met, and Ibrahim. Ibrahim fears Deron

I want to have the same excitement and interest replaying a game like Furen

nightowl

Who?
Didn't Pippa say Phase management was pushing the shorts pretty hard on the talent? It sounded like she had a weekly short quota to fulfill. Maybe that plan was abandoned.

I wonder if Gen 3 will take 8 months for their public debut like Gen 2 did. Hopefully Phase has streamlined their onboarding process after learning from Gen 2 and we'll see them by summer.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
She got a youtube strike for a Gura video already, so I think she's just speedrunning getting banned.
honestly I’d settle for a Cover Corp C&D

She’d be forced to stop talking about Gura forever or risk being sued by a multi-million dollar company.

And no not because she’d lose, but because of the legal debt

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom