"Your sausage versus my sausage. Do you understand?"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
*calli not planning on returning to JP*
I thought she said her plan was half year in US half year in JP alternating did that change?

Neat we hit 350 I'll post my 1st thread Recap post either at lunch or after work til then tho I leave you With My partner in Crime's 1st part of his retroactive recap of the whole thread from page 1 thanks @Empty_Inbox
The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
Pages around 1-52

Part 1 of ?

Luca deletes NijiEN Minecraft server, everyone rebuilds in Creative and with extra tools [post]

Rushia's merch is on sale. 3 per customer, what a deal! [post]

Hololive Tempus memberships open, boys held special streams [post], reaction [post]

Nijisanji EN Official twitter makes suspicious pool, speculations on a new wave [post]

Hololive Indonesia 1st gen gets proper 3D debut, announcement [post]

Gawr Gura holds Big Brain Games tourney. first mention [post] and live [post], reactions go for some time [post]

Kuzuha of Niji JP holds custom tournament in PUBG, announcement [post]

Is Australian special rules on video games affect talents? question [post] and answer [1, 2]

Max0r, (youtube video creator) appears in Pipkin Pippa's chat [post], Pippa doxes DemonDice [post], Ironmouse does the same [post]

Moona cuts her hair irl too [post]

Depressed Nousagi ranks Hololive members by their sexual appeal, guess who is in the top [post]

Tempus boys on Amazon store, designed by Magni [post]. Available in EU [post]!

Phase Connect Gen 3 / Phase 3 auditions are open [post], reactions [1, 2]

The most culturally important vtuber debuts [post]

Magni had collab with Daph39 (Twitch streamer) [post]

Houshou Marine's new song, containing her moaning, was broadcasted to innocent citizens of Japan [post]

Amelia Watson tries auto translator [post], explanation [post]

Phase Connect Lia takes a break [post]

Nabi, character illustrator - mama - of Amelia Watson and Uto Amatsuka, travels to Europe [post]

Lyrica twitter sends wholesome tweet from the past [post]

Chisaka Airi birthday stream on Twitch [post], reaction [post]

Enna Aluete learns a Morse Code on stream [post]

Hololive Myth celebrates 2 year anniversary, 360 degree view stream [post], merch, Kiara, Ina, Gura, Ame

YouTube updates rules and policies for ASMR [post]. Why Niji Mashiro got his channel terminated [post]

Kronii has her wisdom tooth removed, does a twitter space will high [post], archive [post]

SAO author is a 35P, fan of Sakura Miko, thanks her for the Rust streams [post]

Talks about Magni's sexuality, his roommate brought up [post]

Tempus boys helps Axel to look good in front of Nodoka, Hololive staff [post]

Nintendo Direct happens, some watchalongs. Kiara

HoloMyth bus in Hong Kong. Reddit embeds [post]

Hakos Baelz's character illustrator designs characters for new Fire Emblem Engage [post], people mock them. Kronii's roommate joins? [post]

Kiara debuts on her German channel [post], maybe will collab with german speaking vtubers [post]

Moona meets JP girls [post]

Saints Row 3 released, Pippa not amused [post]. Before that there is a Selen stream of SR3

Hit video game Among Us collabs with Hololive, Pippa reports [post]

Yuniiho, Zentreya's art mama, debuts on Twitch, gets banned for "explicit" lore video [post]

Pippa helps with audition clips. Hide your powerlevels! [post]

Sad Cat Dance starts going around [post], info [post]

Nanashi Mumei cover of Dan Dan makes rounds [post]

Gura 3D model upgrade [post]

Fauna gonna stream on Twitch [post]? For Cult of the Lamb interactions [post]

Tokino Sora talks about ther first performance with Holostars [post]

Japan to implement a law breaching privacy, possibly doxxing vtubers [post] / Obsydia New Outfit Goods. Covered by Pippa [post]

Hololive ERROR now on steam (and is horrible, see end of the list) [post]

Pekora has weird pets [post]

Takodachi make website [post]

Someone have an archieve of an old thread [post]

HoloMyth new song "Non Fiction" will not collide with ID 3D showcase [post]

Magni/39Daph collab aftermath drama [post], about 39Daph [1, 2]

Drama with Mia Miaz, Vshogai / CyberDisa [post]

Fauna crying Uuuuu emote drama with artist Maerie [post], people mad at Lumi from Phase-Connect [post]

A lot of music and WoW talk, I'm not linking that

Gura's first 3D live , announcement [post]

Holocure talk, I'm not linking that

Pippa react andy, some of her regulars are not happy, example [post]

Laplus (La+) of Hololive STD or herpes rrat [post], more info [1, 2, 3, 4]

H20Sakana aka fishman of Phase-Connect, noticed by delinquent Kson [post]

Suisei Hoshimachi going to hiatus to get throat surgery [post], chronic rhinitis [post]

Juniper crackes down on foot thing [post]

Nijisanji En Minecraft creative rebuilding [post]

Pippa Kirschey collab, talking about food. I wish I could not link it [post]. tldr [post]

Moona Hoshinova 3D showcase [post]. Showcase starts [post], reactions follow

The history is made [post]

Amelia Watson organizes Worms announcement [post], collab with Tempus, EN, ID [post]

Kuzuha PUBG tournament starts [post]

Depressed Nousagi is allegedly /here [post]

DrStupid crossposting from the other forum [post]

Reticule shares tech on how to edit new quotes in your old post [post]

Hololive Error is bad [post]

PUBG Kuzuha Cup Day 1 results:

Watched part of it because Selen and Bobon, but PUBG is not a my favourite game to watch and especially listen to. 7th place is ok, and it was 1st time I actually heard Aster Arcadia, not that bad. Also Bobon is gonna continue playing (he was subbing in for Ren), and Aster is gonna be swaped with Azura for some reason?

Unrelated, but "Jump to new" button is a godsend, I don't have to bookmark every page now!

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
IRyS, Calli, Suisei, Sora, and AZKi have a cover coming out:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

The Nousagi

Schizophrenic Menhera
Lugubrious Lepus
Pretty sure even Hololive and Niji only pay their talents something akin to a minimum wage.
Corpo chuuba money split sperging below:

I think I've mentioned this in a past video, but Hololive gives their talents minimum wage, which is good for people who don't really receive much from superchats, memberships, and sponsors. Insignificant for a big streamer though. Nijisanji doesn't enjoy a similar benefit, which might be a part of the reason why a lot of livers(and managers) tend to numberfag.

As for revenue splits. Coco mentioned a while back that the company takes 50% of the earnings of the members. Although she said this in a joking way so nobody really took it seriously, but IIRC Moona earlier this year confirmed that they indeed took 50%.
Nijisanji also seems to follows a similar model. The whole Narukami and Sony drama that happened awhile back forced Nijisanji to publicly state that they took 50% of their talents earnings from things like voicepacks. (They did this to quell the chaos caused by Narukami Sabaki's video where he rrated that Sony was about to take over the Ichikara. IIRC, Sabaki also rrated that the company took 90% of the talent's profits). Of course, everything he said was debunked by Tsukino Mito, but Nijisanji revealing this generally made their audience feel better.
Their 50% cut of the voicepacks has long been assumed to also be the case for superchats and memberships, but other than that, there hasn't been any stronger evidence (that i can recall) that they really do take 50%. It's an assumption that I believe though.

Say Chloe/Vox gets $100, 000 from superchats.
YT Cuts : 30% , leaving her with $70,000.
Cover Cut: 50%, leaving her with $35, 000.
Tax Cut: idk?

Still better than most VTuber agencies too. A-Soul just had a massive yab this year where it was revealed they took 90%~ of their talent's earnings. Carol (the member who started the drama) was even kicked out of the agency. Not sure how the company is doing now though.

Edited: Grammar and extra info.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I think HL as a whole recieves an ok amount of base salary, iirc haachama still managed to float by during her de-montization arc due to that

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
I thought she said her plan was half year in US half year in JP alternating did that change?
As far as I'm aware no it hast change, but she did made that tweet about how much she loved been back home and needing to find love for her job again or something that to me implies if it was up to her she might move back but she understand that her career needs her to live in japan to keep moving forward (at least if she want to keep moving at the speed is going right now), because less be real if she didn't live there she prolly wouldn't have gotten things like the live concert or the music deal.

This makes wonder if part of Gura wanting to move to Japan is she releasing the same thing that she would have probably gotten a lot more done by now, considering how much she complains about projects of her being stuck on development hell meanwhile Calli can release close to 30 songs in 2 years have a live concert while Gura had to fight tooth and nail for a prerecorded live3d.

IRyS, Calli, Suisei, Sora, and AZKi have a cover coming out:

This just reminded me that we still dont have a full version of the song from the 2nd HoloAlt PV right? the one Irys/Susei/Moona/Azki? sang

Last edited:

kestraline

Early Adopter
Moe doing Just Chatting and playing around with various models:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

I think I've mentioned this in a past video, but Hololive gives their talents minimum wage, which is good for people who don't really receive much from superchats, memberships, and sponsors. Insignificant for a big streamer though. Nijisanji doesn't enjoy a similar benefit, which might be a part of the reason why a lot of livers(and managers) tend to numberfag.

As for revenue splits. Coco mentioned a while back that the company takes 50% of the earnings of the members. Although she said this in a joking way so nobody really took it seriously, but IIRC Moona earlier this year confirmed that they indeed took 50%.
Nijisanji also seems to follows a similar model. The whole Narukami and Sony drama that happened awhile back forced Nijisanji to publicly state that they took 50% of their talents earnings from things like voicepacks. (They did this to quell the chaos caused by Narukami Sabaki's video where he rrated that Sony was about to take over the Ichikara. IIRC, Sabaki also rrated that the company took 90% of the talent's profits). Of course, everything he said was debunked by Tsukino Mito, but Nijisanji revealing this generally made their audience feel better.
Their 50% cut of the voicepacks has long been assumed to also be the case for superchats and memberships, but other than that, there hasn't been any stronger evidence (that i can recall) that they really do take 50%. It's an assumption that I believe though.

Still better than most VTuber agencies too. A-Soul just had a massive yab this year where it was revealed they took 90%~ of their talent's earnings. Carol (the member who caused the shitfest) was even kicked out of the agency. Not sure how the company is doing now though.

What I'm most curious about is the membership cut. But even if they're getting around 2$ a piece, some have over 5000. Extreme example would be Gura:

1665679357477.png

And honestly not every member is going to actively participate by thumbs upping posts. Polls usually get the most participation. So that is most likely a low estimate.

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I think everyone was fine with "Lucky idiot tries his best" but the more we heard about it the more it became "Lucky idiot tries his best to milk it for everything its worth".
That's what bothers people generally, because no one outside of a few idiots care if someone gets lucky, but when they try to use that luck to exploit people it feels even worse as they weren't the ones who created the success in the first place. No wonder the manager gets all the credit while they bully the fish.

I checked Twatter to see if anyone was using #frythefish for this shit and it's apparently already a tag. Some baseball related shit. Unfortunate.
Probably for the best. Pippa is a very nice person and she'd probably feel guilty if her breakdown caused a situation, she probably already does, so while we're self contained if the spergs on other sites started a crusade it would probably just do more harm than good. Not like the fish would change.

Jan K. Hater

Why's Sakana such a dumb goddamn darkfriend? I can't tell if this is just bants or the dumb fucker really didn't follow up on kson interacting with him. Luckily, kson seems familiar enough with Pippa to tell her gtfo of her stream.
Regarding the outburst, the gals are all smart enough to know it's Sakana holding them down. And he really has got to be holding them down, Gen 2 are experienced enough that they knew the PC audience going in and Shiina's gun-toting ass probably appreciates an audience who isn't likely to demand to know her pronouns. Rie seemed fairly basic at debut and soon shifted in a more menhera direction. They know their audience better than the guy playing lol all day.

Fourth #

This just reminded me that we still dont have a full version of the song from the 2nd HoloAlt PV right? the one Irys/Susei/Moona/Azki? sang
Nope. And, going by how long the full version of the song from the first PV took to release, we still have around three or so months to go.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter

Still better than most VTuber agencies too. A-Soul just had a massive yab this year where it was revealed they took 90%~ of their talent's earnings. Carol (the member who caused the shitfest) was even kicked out of the agency. Not sure how the company is doing now though.

Would be nice if you posted some evidence or clips to prove these claims.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
There were a lot of (mostly cover) vtubers in his chat
View attachment 2595 View attachment 2594
Does someone have a link to an archive? I would like to check the VOD but I can only find two longer clips at the moment from this guy

No full archive, but I did find two more clips of songs he did. I believe the main one missing right now is his finale "Axelcore" which was probably the funniest.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Shiina's gun-toting ass probably appreciates an audience who isn't likely to demand to know her pronouns.
Wait what? Haven't been following Shiina much since debut.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Wait what? Haven't been following Shiina much since debut.
She apparently owns a shotgun and is fairly proficient with handguns too

The supposed game stream turned into a zatsu and we've had some deep shiina lore.
  • Played competitive Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Had a glow up arc after being bullied for being ugly. Proceeded to tell how the bullies were trying to score with her after.
  • Got doxxed by one of said bullies after she declined him :might have to go back to the vod and check this part again:
  • Claims she did modelling work for chink websites (can't for the life of me remember which names she said)
  • Has a shotgun, doesn't particularly care about brands and that stuff
  • Proficient with handguns, went to the shooting range pretty often. Refuses to talk more about guns because "it might get too political" and doesn't want the heat.
  • Chose to hit the gym instead of harming herself during her menhera arc.
  • Amanomama was her "trainer", and also is "always watching" her streams.
  • Amanomama's very ill, going thru chemo, and it's supposedly a chronic thing? (this girl can't catch a break with the health related stuff, also I find ironic how cancer is so prevalent in her family but she loves Crabs.)
  • Star Trek fan (subject came out because she made a joke about her mother being bald like Cpt. Picard)
  • Health stuff:
    • Genetic predisposition for heart problems
    • Born with a Heart Murmur
    • She was keeping herself healthy with excercise and all that
    • Tesla job fucked up her health and had a serius high blood pressure episode, leaving her with hypertension.
    • Felt weird while playing Dark Souls so she made an appointment. The doctor told to cut back on malding games because it's gonna kill her.
    • She's gonna cut back on side jobs and streaming because she needs more time for her workout.
    • Said "sperg", told chat she was gonna crackdown on them if they were too spergy.
    • Suspects she's on the spectrum, got told to get some tests too.
  • Her sister is an EMT.
  • Started sperging about how she loves Lumi
  • asmon chan...View attachment 1722

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
So, I really need some copium. What is the likelihood of them getting picked up somewhere else or starting their own channel outside of the GGN sphere, preferably together? They're obviously graduating against their will and enjoy streaming.

And it's really not sitting well with me that they were given a sub-goal recently for a new game as well, only for them to reach it and then have to graduate. The original game did not have voice acting, and I imagine if they don't bring them along to voice act in the new one they're going to have some pissed-off fans.

This just sucks.

Edit: Fuck fuck fuck, I should not have checked out Akira's reddit account.
Fuck me...
Screenshot_20221013_112455.jpg
Remember to love your oshis lads and lasses! Cause you never know when they may go 😢

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Ollie's birthday merch sold out in 15 minutes, 25 at best... Fucking hell, I should've ordered it using my workplace PC, I'm sure I'd expain it somehow to my boss
1665385487905.png

The Nousagi

Schizophrenic Menhera
Lugubrious Lepus
Would be nice if you posted some evidence or clips to prove these claims.
Nijisanji confirmed, doesn't have a base salary:

Hololive confirmed, gives base salary:

Coco saying 50% goes to Hololive:

Moona softly confirms 50% goes to Hololive:

Ichikara takes 50% from voicepacks (note: the official statement is gone from their website but someone in the comment is providing a rough TLDR) :

Edit: Holy fuck what is this formatting and how do I fix it
edit2: Fixed. Thanks

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Nijisanji confirmed, doesn't have a base salary:
Hololive confirmed, gives base salary:
Coco saying 50% goes to Hololive:
Moona softly confirms 50% goes to Hololive:
Ichikara takes 50% from voicepacks (note: the official statement is gone from their website but someone in the comment is providing a rough TLDR) :

Edit: Holy fuck what is this formatting and how do I fix it

Looking at the BBcode you need to press "enter" after the sentence and before the media.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Kson hurt her pinky, looks like it hurt like hell

Vesper trying to get to that sweet, sweet Nihongo Jouzu. Stream ended, but there will be more like this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom