"Horsepower is actually not a measurement of work (directly) but a slightly more convoluted measurement equivalent to how many war crimes a single horse can commit and how much energy one horse puts out while committing them."Umari Tomoe

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
I hope she does a Pippa and takes 2 benadryls before stream.
I hope she does a Coco and takes some heavy duty sleeping pills before a stream.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Clicked on the kawaii tab on holodex, and shit is empty it's sad as shit.
sad.png
If what people theorize is true, and gen3 didn't want to be idols and just wanted to stream, they should have just have them as "stream only" gen (if those weren't lies that is).

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
View attachment 20576
Remember the mantra when dealing with reds.

Fun fact: this villain is a fictionalized depiction of the historical John Ratcliffe, who in 1609 was lured into an ambush under false offers of food for trade from the Powhatan Indians. They tied him between two stakes and their women slowly skinned him alive with mussel shells before burning him.

EDIT: Window wiping tax

Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Jeez, all this churning of the waters vis-a-vis Gura. I'm still waiting patiently for Haachama to come back after getting back into the swing of another school year starting this month....

No Name

I'm curious, does anyone else have a game their oshi really likes but you personally loathe?
Tokoyami Towa is the closest I have to an oshi, despite barely knowing any moonspeak. However I can't stand watching Apex Legends, there's some genuinely fun moments during the tourneys but the actual gameplay is mind-numbingly boring to me.
However if Vesper does do custom lobbies with Vesties, I am going to do all in my power to give him Blood Hunt PTSD.
If I wasn't a eurofag, I'd show Vesper the terror of Trundle-trolling. I would shove the Trundle beatstick so far up inside him he'd never dare to play League again.
Or he'd end up playing Trundle aswell, which is a win in my book.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I'm curious, does anyone else have a game their oshi really likes but you personally loathe?
Not really. Sports game are the closest to a game genre I hate, but I still enjoy Gura's FIFA23 stream.

In fact, I noticed my interest in games doesn't really match my oshi's (Ame and Gura) interest in games, otherwise Kiara and Calli would have been my oshi instead (I'm a huge JRPG fan).

chihirogumi

Just unsub from Gura until she streams again

It's here, you will watch APEX and you will like it. Tabun

It's the Finals

Some good art to get you hyped
StarReiDogs
Sadame Gaming
Mayumi-do Shiroan Set
Dekani9
Starry Sky Magic

Made a post on the favorites to win the tournament. It includes some vtubers you guys know like Towa, Kuzuha, Selen, Axel, La+, Noah, Tsuna, and Kanae. It's shaping up to be a very hype tournament. If you guys want to watch multiple perspective playing at the same time, I suggest using Holodex and you'll be able to watch the match through multiple perspectives at the same time. I'll be watching Chii-chan, Selen, Towa, and Noah's perspectives.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

Wow Marineschizo has a Tw Acc amazing (also not even trying to hide the Nijisister momento)

I like people who are so obviously deluded themselves into thinking that marine has no defining trait other than being horny
Also if you're a frequent pirate hag watcher, you'd realized most of her interactions with fans had them acting as her straight-man rather than joining her raunchy-ass jokes. That aside, she's one of the most talented among her peers and we've seen that on full display so many times (basically a fun streamer, great singer, and a good artist) the only reason you would demonize her so badly would be uhhhh... You're a devout Christian or something I guess idk, haglove real

Well, how many people here watched Ayame consistently here anyway? Of course people are going to complain about Gura, because people here actually watched her. I imagine people here just don't care enough about Ayame not streaming.
Lot of Chumbuds here, and they want their oshi back. Can't say I blame 'em really.
I watch her on times when I could catch her stream, I've been following her prior to her docchi docchi fame to be honest. I mainly don't care about the drama revolving around her especially because it's mostly brewed by haters after she started her hiatus arc since she had all the legit reasons for taking those occasional breaks (the stuff with her late grandma and her sick mother), even during those breaks cover still made her take the mandatory vocal/dance lesson and working on their music project (her unit with fubuki/mio was pretty active last year).
I think the difference is that she was once an active streamer and a popular one at that, she just started slowing down after getting hit with her IRL situations while occasionally appearing in music projects and such.

It's whatever if people wanted to complain about her decision to stream less or whatnot, for me personally though, I'd rather have my oshi in full health and enjoying their balanced life rather than forcing themselves just so they could appear "active" on the internet.
Hell, Suisei should probably fall into this category at some point but she also has the most project output that's visible to the public as of now so people aren't really making a big deal out of it

Working her ass off doing what? Her job is to be a streamer. Which involves doing one thing: streaming. Not background tech, managing industry connections, working on ephemeral and undefined "projects", or whatever else people have floated.
She's the very front end product of Hololive, the entire company otherwise revolves around keeping her (and other talents) on camera as often as possible so they can bring in as much cash as possible. They'd have to be retarded to constantly tell her to do other things, and despite the stories I've heard about EN management I don't believe the company is retarded enough as a whole to be deliberately keeping Gura from streaming.
Edit: "Hololive does Idol content" - well it's not like Gura is busting her ass there, either, quit trying to deflect from the main point. We have other talents to compare to in regards to content produced. Kiara manages it. Calli manages it. They have results to show for all the effort they put in behind the scenes and they still manage regular streams on top of it with regular communication so the fans know what to expect and when. Gura doesn't and everyone knows it.
Hololive has always been about idols and fans interaction, Yagoo initial idea for his VTuber corpo is basically a "virtual version of AKB" and that somehow morphed into what hololive production is now. Streaming IS part of their activity but was never the top priority
I leave the Gura explaining to someone who's more knowledgeable but one thing I agree on is that she lacks the communicative effort towards her fans, though if she's willing to lose some profits in the long run then so be it.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

God's Strongest Dragoon

For me it's more of the opposite. While there are a few folks that I'd consider a potential oshi, I mostly watch streams based on what they're streaming. It's more "I like what they're streaming so I'll watch this time" instead of "I don't like what they're streaming so I won't watch this time". Some stuff like Hitman, Spore, or Paradox games are guaranteed watches from me. If I cared about the maybe 2-3 rage reactions in a stream of Getting Over It, I'll just open the VOD later and skip to the part where the comments say the streamer raged. There's no emotional buildup or investment into the reaction in games like Getting Over It as opposed to a game of DDLC where you see someone like Axel bond with one of the characters, only for him to watch her die and you see the joy fade from his soul. A streamer rage over a simple thing with no buildup is like a jumpscare in a horror movie, it's cheap and shallow. It's nothing compared to that scene in the Conjuring where it's 2 kids talking about something being behind their door in the dark. The scene is literally just 2 kids in a room talking about something in the room for a few minutes but the tension is built up so well that it gets you invested in it.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
For me it's more of the opposite. While there are a few folks that I'd consider a potential oshi, I mostly watch streams based on what they're streaming. It's more "I like what they're streaming so I'll watch this time" instead of "I don't like what they're streaming so I won't watch this time". Some stuff like Hitman, Spore, or Paradox games are guaranteed watches from me. If I cared about the maybe 2-3 rage reactions in a stream of Getting Over It, I'll just open the VOD later and skip to the part where the comments say the streamer raged. There's no emotional buildup or investment into the reaction in games like Getting Over It as opposed to a game of DDLC where you see someone like Axel bond with one of the characters, only for him to watch her die and you see the joy fade from his soul. A streamer rage over a simple thing with no buildup is like a jumpscare in a horror movie, it's cheap and shallow. It's nothing compared to that scene in the Conjuring where it's 2 kids talking about something being behind their door in the dark. The scene is literally just 2 kids in a room talking about something in the room for a few minutes but the tension is built up so well that it gets you invested in it.

Yeah im the same way with ASMR and coomer shit. I love Shina, but I cannot stand ASMR, and every time she brings out the fucking asmr mic for the normal stream, it's my cue to leave.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
A-chan Kronii and IRyS channel their inner saplings

Altare and Bettel try impressions of Rin

Yuko explains her design thought process

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Ina will be back home soon. She plans to post info about her next stream at least a day in advance. :optimistic:
ina_stream_optimism.PNG
ina_oshi_no_ko.PNG

I find it kind of amusing we get an Ina update the same day as all the sperging about Gura radio silence. :smugina:

Piarro

Early Adopter
Perception of Gura sure seems to have changed recently. Before she had this aloof quality, like stuff wouldn't touch her. "Oh look how she never uses twitter, unlike dumb pink and orange woman. She's got net-smarts from all her years online as a shitposter; the other holos should just ignore and laugh off drama like she does." Now it's like she's a quivering bundle of vulnerabilities, both physical and mental, that could collapse any time.
"Aloof Gura" was a myth. She ignores things because she doesn't know how to deal with them because she has always been the "quivering bundle" that people now correctly see her as. Reminder she said that for the first few months after debut, this job made her so anxious she became physically ill.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Also, making the joke before @superduper gets a chance to:

"Wow I can't believe Lia would just outright ban 0 people like that."
Curse you! But also I don't keep tabs on Lia's tweets so I never would have known to make the joke. Still, fuck you!

Also what the fuck! Do I have to have a twitter account to sort by latest now?
1681551122110.png

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Slight change to Pippa's twitter profile:

1681551322287.png

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Vsaikyo tourney starting now

Official casting

Limkin

Gura's fans are just being enablers of her behavior and are looking for things to be outraged about because their other source of entertainment, her streams, is not there anymore. If they were ever truly mad about it, they would unsub, stop watching, stop giving her money and move on to someone else. The worst thing you can do to an entertainer is not to hate them, it's to forget about their existence and let them fade into obscurity. If she is doing what she is doing and sees no negative consequences why would she stop

God's Strongest Dragoon

End of first round comes down to MNB and TSN not even in the same area. TSN was above ground while MNB were in underground tunnels. TSN fucked up their heals so they died to the zone. TSB comes in 6th with 6 kills (kill point cap) after spending 90% of the match in one house to bunker down. The last few zones had a shit load of teams loaded into a tiny area. Moment they had to leave the house, they stepped into a meat grinder and Selen was dropped by 4 people targeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom