"Once upon a time there was a good girl named Kronii, She always made sure to do her chores and go to bed on time. But little did her parents know, she was actually not real. 'SHE'S REAL TO ME!' he screamed and flipped himself over. For eternity, he would wander thinking of her. Wanting her"CouncilRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Funny enough, Subaru actually talked about it in a members stream a few weeks ago. She said she had finished recording the darkest song she's ever done and it made her feel weird. She liked the song but couldn't relate to the lyrics and how depressing they were at all. Management even admitted it was a struggle to add her to the group doing the recording. It made her think her viewers are gonna be confused when it releases but to look forward to it. I didn't mention it cause I figured it was a group cover coming out sometime soon but it's safe to assume she was talking about this project.
Subaru talked about Blue Journey on her public stream today and said much the same thing. She's in two songs for it.
1681552156924.png
I wonder if her songs are with the other hype-women, or whoever she was referring to as the other members who made her double-take.

"In order to write lyrics I needs to feel sad and emotionally burdened"-Risu 2023

wkwkwkwkw
You laugh, but see above.

I love Kaela's and Fauna's vibes when they've interacted in the past. They have collabed for the ID Minecraft server tour and talked during other spontaneous Minecraft meetings.

However, Phasmophobia is possibly the game I dislike watching (or playing) the most so I will probably skip this. I really wish I liked it because Kaela streams it quite a bit.

I'm curious, does anyone else have a game their oshi really likes but you personally loathe?
"Like" isn't the right word for Lui's relationship with horror games, but I'll answer with that. The first issue is that half the time she picks good or at least functional games, and half the time she picks Steam shovelware. The second issue is more abstract. She does horror streams because they're good, language barrier-friendly content (when she picks functional games), and I enjoy those streams even if I'd never play the games myself. But sometimes I worry that she purposely blurs the line between "haha woman tears" and "turn off the game and take your heart meds now" to her own detriment, for the conteeeeeent.

I checked and didn't see anyone mention it, but Bae had another of her vegemite videos drop an hour ago. This time starring both a gyaru AND a brown girl (also watame), so if I'm doing the math right this is the best episode of Baegemite ever

Flare, Watame and Polka have had some of the strongest reactions yet lol.

the only reason you would demonize her so badly would be uhhhh... You're a devout Christian or something I guess idk
That's not a reason.

:smugmoona:

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Iofi premiering a new cover tonight

The original song if anyone's curious

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Subaru talked about Blue Journey on her public stream today and said much the same thing. She's in two songs for it.
View attachment 20583
I wonder if her songs are with the other hype-women, or whoever she was referring to as the other members who made her double-take.
So they A. Decided to go for an entire lineup of depressive songs and B. Randomly picked popular members for it, even if it's entirely outside of their comfort zone.

why-huh.gif

Like Hololive has enough Menhera that they could have easily filled that roster. Polka sings Everblue... Everyone who is remotely familiar with Polka is going to completely understand. Subaru singing about God knows what those lyrics are going to be about... She's absolutely right people are going to be confused.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

Second round is another slow start that ends with 12 teams in a small radius. Last 6 is a mess with teams getting hit from all different angles as there's too many teams with not enough room. Most of the lobby is playing conservatively for placement points by rotating early while the game ends with a clusterfuck as the ring forces confrontation. MNB takes another W while DKQ in second. TSB comes in 14th with 0 kills (1 total point) as they Valk ult blindly into a new zone without scouting and thinking it wouldn't be contested. It ended up being heavily contested with 2 teams in the area spotting them and shooting them out of the sky as they're descending into the middle of both teams. Selen breaks off early while Axel and Altare get dropped before they can do anything. A 3rd and 4th team close in immediately on Selen and she's given no opportunity to make any rat plays. After that catastrophic round, TSB has now dropped from 5th to 8th with 10pts.

1. MNB (Kaede's team) 39pts
2. SDM (Uruha's team) 26pts
3. TSN (Kanae's team) 25pts

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
So they A. Decided to go for an entire lineup of depressive songs and B. Randomly picked popular members for it, even if it's entirely outside of their comfort zone.

View attachment 20585

Like Hololive has enough Menhera that they could have easily filled that roster. Polka sings Everblue... Everyone who is remotely familiar with Polka is going to completely understand. Subaru singing about God knows what those lyrics are going to be about... She's absolutely right people are going to be confused.
@MornLurker posted the roster after the announcement a few days ago:
Shiranui Flare
Omaru Polka
Houshou Marine
Tokoyami Towa
Aki Rosenthal
Shirogane Noel
Usada Pekora
Ookami Mio
Sakura Miko
Yuzuki Choco
Oozora Subaru
Minato Aqua
Tsunomaki Watame
Nekomata Okayu
Shishiro Botan
Amane Kanata
Hakui Koyori
Shirakami Fubuki
Inugami Korone
Himemori Luna
Yukihana Lamy
Sakamata Chloe
Takane Lui
For me, Korone and maybe Miko and Pekora are the other members that raise eyebrows. The others I don't doubt.

Edit: I'd have put Haachama somewhere in there, but oh well.

Last edited:

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

My oshi just premiered a new original song lets gooooo!

Given how this song is cheerful and upbeat, unless the lyrics translate to some depressing shit, this is 100% not a Blue Journey song.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The third round is a bit more aggressive game. TSB gets forced to rotate along the edge of map as other teams have claimed the highrises, making a Valk ult over a hill into the next zone very sketchy. Right as they spot a team ahead of them, another team comes from behind them while they have hardly any rear cover. Selen and Axel get picked off while Altare manages to sneak away. Altare in his rat adventures spots another rat but avoids killing him so as not to reveal himself and ruin a potentially higher placement. Altare tries to use a random smoke grenade for cover to sneak through but it immediately dissipates as he enters. He's promptly gunned down as he's now out in the open with no cover, which puts TSB in 10th with 0 kills (2 total points). SRD tries to Valk ult onto Silos, which was unusually unclaimed. They quickly find out why it was unclaimed as multiple teams are watching silos and they immediately unload onto SRD. Gamma's team manages to get the W for this round with 10 kills while MNB comes in 3rd with 1 kill. 1st is not an option at this point for TSB as MNB is too far ahead. After a second game with 0 kills and mid placing, TSB gets knocked down from 8th to 9th with 12 total points. The top 5 lineup is as follows:

1. MNB (Kaede's team) 47 points
2. DKQ (Gamma's team) 38 points
3. DK (Rikka's team) 32 points
4. TSN (Kanae's team) 30 points
5. SDM (Uruha's team) 26 points

The final 2 rounds have no kill point cap, so these rounds should be much more heated. Getting 1st gives only 12pts while it ends with 1pt for 15th place. Forcing an engagement with another and wiping them can be highly advantageous for teams that want to climb fast on points. Getting the 3 kill pts alone from wiping a team is equivalent to getting 6th place. Teams were hesitant to take advantage of this in these earlier rounds with kill point caps as they'd likely hit the kill point cap in the progress of getting top placements.

Last edited:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

View attachment 20585

One thing though, they didn't get randomly picked. Deen Saber already wrote the translated description of what the project is all about
The video description expands a bit on the trailer and the selected girls as well. TLDR they made sure to check on their schedules, their priorities and their styles before asking them to join the project. The Blue Journey songs are going to be focusing on the "hidden emotions" that anyone can relate to. I'm expecting a ton of ballads and an overall more depressing tone than usual.
■Message from "Blue Journey"
Things can't stay the same if we want to keep shining with you. There are feelings that can only get through in the cloudiest of times. And that is why we embark on a journey. A journey into a world without a map, and a journey to sing songs of the people we meet there and their feelings. Blue Journey, a journey through hearts and music.

■What is "Blue Journey"?
hololive began bringing cheerful and energetic messages to everyone with the "hololive IDOL PROJECT". In this project, we will display not only each talent's dazzling side, but also the emotions everyone wants to keep hidden—the kind that make anyone want to scream their hearts out. By expressing these feelings in musical and worldview form, we hope that they will put a new kind of smile on all of your faces.

[About the Participating Members in "Blue Journey"]
At hololive, we and our talents are always striving to push the boundaries of what we can do. We're always looking for ways to bring new and exciting experiences to our loyal fans, and also to introduce hololive to even more new fans. Blue Journey is only one such endeavor among many. And in undertaking these endeavors, we always take into account each of our talents' working styles, their current priorities, and various other factors before extending offers to them. The human heart changes from person to person, and so too does the journey through it. This particular journey just turned out to be with these 23 members. In Blue Journey, we will strive to make the most effective use of the participating members in each moment, and look to deliver to you the various sights and scenes we encounter along the way. We hope that you will support hololive's newest endeavor. And we ask that you, the fans, please understand and accept these choices made by hololive.

Blue Journey Producer

Funny enough, Subaru actually talked about it in a members stream a few weeks ago. She said she had finished recording the darkest song she's ever done and it made her feel weird. She liked the song but couldn't relate to the lyrics and how depressing they were at all. Management even admitted it was a struggle to add her to the group doing the recording. It made her think her viewers are gonna be confused when it releases but to look forward to it. I didn't mention it cause I figured it was a group cover coming out sometime soon but it's safe to assume she was talking about this project.

To me, it's more like they wanted to keep a certain theme for the project and convey that "different side of emotions" through these songs. Which is more unified compared to bloom (that one is more like, hey we're making a hololive og songs album and every song will have different genres), I actually like the idea behind the project because it differs from their usual cheerful group idol tones.
It's something fresh, though the theme for the project itself isn't anything cheery

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
They should have had Subaru's song about burning down a house.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
From their collabs and Twitter voice tweets, I'm still not sure if he's a guy or a boy(female).

Briefly tuned in. Preeeeeetty sure this is not a "he." She sounds a bit like Rin Penrose, actually. Not sure if it's a Yugo situation or what, but I'm quite sure this character's roommate is not male.
Only now was I able to watch his/her debut. I agree with both of you she is a girl. And that's not bad. I liked the debut, quite unusual and creative presentation of the lore.
btw his/her upcoming stream.

hololive ruined /jp/

chihirogumi

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Not a Miryu Kotofuji is back to her old channel.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The fourth round is a bit more aggressive but not all teams are. TSB tries to Valk ult to rotate early but he starts the channel before the smoke is deployed. Right as the smoke comes out, another team spots them and starts shooting right as they're about to take off. Spaghetti falls out of everyone's pockets and Selen detaches before takeoff in the confusion, resulting in her getting left behind and killed. This was very disheartening for them as they wanted to play aggressive with kills so they could make up for their 2nd and 3rd round performance. With Selen dead and them unable to claim her banner, they're forced to bunker up and play ratcatchers from range for potential kill points. Selen is very clearly not happy with her performance and immediately went for a 5-10min walk after the incident. She has muted herself on stream even after coming back. Gorilla's team finally found the house that Axel and Altare were hiding in and killed them in a 2v2. TSB places 14th with 0 kills (1 total point). Final 7 teams are in a clusterfuck small zone with one big rock in the middle. LA+'s team has the high ground during the final 5 teams while the remaining teams are forced to fight amongst each other and unable to press against LA+'s team. Their positional advantage lets them take full advantage of their Lifeline pack and they get a W. TSB gets dropped from 9th to 14th place after that disastrous round with 13 total points. The top 5 lineup is as follows:

1. MNB (Kaede's team) 56 points
2. DK (Rikka's team) 44 points
3. DKQ (Gamma's team) 40 points
4. TSN (Kanae's team) 33 points
5. EMA (LA+'s team) 27 points

After 3 horrendous rounds of 1-2 point games, TSB is pretty colossally fucked for their final round and has to play hyper aggressive to have any chance at top 5. MNB is very clearly in a big lead going into the final round but a strong showing from DK or DKQ has potential to overtake them. 1st place is likely going to come down to the performance of those 3 teams. TSN is a very dark horse but that requires them absolutely cleaning house while MNB gets knocked out early into the round with little to no points. As long as MNB has a solid showing, it's unlikely someone overtakes them as they've played very well all tournament (1st, 1st, 3rd, 6th).

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
2e3.png

After 3 horrendous rounds of 1-2 point games, TSB is pretty colossally fucked for their final round and has to play hyper aggressive to have any chance at top 5. MNB is very clearly in a big lead going into the final round but a strong showing from DK or DKQ has potential to overtake them. 1st place is likely going to come down to the performance of those 3 teams. TSN is a very dark horse but that requires them absolutely cleaning house while MNB gets knocked out early into the round with little to no points. As long as MNB has a solid showing, it's unlikely someone overtakes them as they've played very well all tournament (1st, 1st, 3rd, 6th).

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Remember friends, it's not about the destination, it's the journey.

Fucking losers

God's Strongest Dragoon

For the final round, TSB try to de-stress by accepting they're not getting top 3 and decide to relax and go full aggro. They get into a fight with KTG, the 19th place team, and get eliminated for a 20th place finish with 0 kills (0 points). Selen has entered her self-deprecation coping method and jokingly said she's going to give up FPS games and find other games to become addicted to. KTG continues to pick up more kills and fight off consecutive teams engaging them. This is by far the most aggressive start as 6 teams have been eliminated early on. Teams quickly slowed down their aggression and tried to establish their positions as the rings have shrunk twice. As the ring reaches round 4, aggression resumes and only 4 teams remain by ring 5. As poetic irony, the dildo becomes the focus of the fighting like round 1. The final 3 teams fight a slow battle tooth and nail between GUN, DK, and SDM. Both GUN and DK are just solo players as SDM has their full roster. SDM eventually finishes off the 2 rats and claim their W. After 4 dreadful rounds of 2 or less points, TSB drops from 14th to 17th with 13 total points throughout the entire tournament. KTG, the 19th place team going into Round 5, eliminated them and ended up taking 16th place overall in the tournament.

1. MNB (Kaede's team) 62 pts
2. DK (Rikka's team) 60 pts
3. DKQ (Gamma's team) 47 pts
4. SDM (Uruha's team) 46 pts
5. TSN (Kanae's team) 34 pts

DK's Pakael is the tournament's kill leader with 23 kills across the tournament.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom