"I ate this 'very blacky' banana"Kannagi Loki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukkia

Early Adopter
However, I do not understand the pedophilia stuff with vtubers. Fubuki and Noel and whoever else in hololive talking about lolis and shotas. Rie talking about little kids.
Is it supposed to be funny? Is it supposed to be skirting the edge of a taboo?
I mean, a lot of vtuber fans and vtubers themselves are into underage anime characters. We can try to skirt around it, but that's just how it is. The most subscribed to vtuber on Youtube is a loli - people can try to say otherwise about Gura, but lets be real, we all know she's designed as a loli and intentionally puts on a bit of loli act. And one of the biggest stars of vtubing last year was Kobo who is basically the ID version of that. Openly lolicon or shotacon vtubers maybe aren't as common but they're still around - Kenmochi, Utako, and Zaion from Niji all come to mind. There's a good chance that if the vtuber you watch is joking about loli or shota stuff it's because they're into it, at least to some degree.

Beyond that, I do think the "taboo" stuff is a part of it. I know Zaion does the whole "oh hahah I'm kind of a shotacon but its alright guys don't cancel me" stuff (not a direct quote) and I've heard others kinda do it to. The idea that what they are saying could get them in trouble but "hey, you're cool, right, chat?" and whatnot.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

First bear stream of the year. Already flustered

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I came here to post that as well. I can understand the appeal of mildly edgy humor, and I know that part of comedy is pushing to find where that boundary is, and I know that women most of the time just aren't capable of comedy in the same way that men are (see female stand-up comedians).
However, I do not understand the pedophilia stuff with vtubers. Fubuki and Noel and whoever else in hololive talking about lolis and shotas. Rie talking about little kids.

I know there's a lot of fucked up people who make a big show of making fun of anyone critical of loli stuff saying they don't understand it's a cartoon and not a real child (like that vtuber cringe twitter account), but that's a distinct separate, if related, issue to this general topic, so leave spergery about cartoon rights out of this if you reply. I'm talking about the theme in general of people like Rie.

Why are her replies filled with stuff that is just very mild surprise or teasing compared to the retards freaking the fuck out when pippa posts something mildly conspiracy theory related? I'm asking this with genuine confusion, not just rhetorically, what the actual fuck is going on with this trend?
I've commented this before but it's weird how much shota stuff is on the rise. That's one of the things I remember about bunny_gif was she was usually the one bringing it into convos with the now-vshojo bunch. I didn't know that about fubuki or Noel. But it seems that rather than seeing a net decline in lolifags what we are seeing is more and more shotacons who are usually women oddly enough. There's a new popular anime series this year that might as well be called "big tittied maid gets paid by her shota". Are women really just deciding they want that shit or has society just reached such levels of open degeneracy that people lust after increasingly shocking things to stand out?

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
3D Studio is booked for the long time. Aqua had to look for a external studio to record the birthday video. And Сalli mentioned that the studio is busy.
:optimistic:, but the EN girls (and Reine) were there working and on tight schedules. It could be that Cover is prioritizing their 3d’s and recordings and busting out a lot of them at once while they are in Japan, and pushing back some JP’s to make time.

Edit: That said, Gura, Ame, and Ina not being there is very limiting for Calli and Kiara if they were doing any work on a 3d debut (as opposed to Holofes or other projects).
Edit:
Hmmmm

Rephrasing because I misspoke: Yes, Ina is there, but I’m under the impression that she was not doing any holo-related work. She didn’t even do a voice line for that skit that Myth cameo’d in, so I doubt that she’d be in the 3d studio.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
What the fuck?

I came here to post that as well. I can understand the appeal of mildly edgy humor, and I know that part of comedy is pushing to find where that boundary is, and I know that women most of the time just aren't capable of comedy in the same way that men are (see female stand-up comedians).

I know there's a lot of fucked up people who make a big show of making fun of anyone critical of loli stuff saying they don't understand it's a cartoon and not a real child (like that vtuber cringe twitter account), but that's a distinct separate, if related, issue to this general topic, so leave spergery about cartoon rights out of this if you reply. I'm talking about the theme in general of people like Rie.

Why are her replies filled with stuff that is just very mild surprise or teasing compared to the retards freaking the fuck out when pippa posts something mildly conspiracy theory related? I'm asking this with genuine confusion, not just rhetorically, what the actual fuck is going on with this trend?
I think she's mostly being funny but probably also has some fixation on fictional material, but not to the extent a male counter part would have. I worry for her though as she probably doesn't fully understand that people lusting after child characters are typically treated as pedos. Sure she could say the "oh it's a body type" thing that people say about Lolis, problem is open any H doujin with Lolis/Shotas and they're blatantly "I'm 10 lets F....". Anyways I don't care at all about any drawings or animation unless it hurts someone with their likeness, but I hope Rie doesn't make unnecessary problems for herself. Also, Rie if you are into that type of drawn material, don't bring it on your devices going to Australia and Canada, they both actually have laws trying to prosecute loli/shota drawn material.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
In responding to Rie and talking about loli/shota, I think a lot of you are missing the point that she (hopefully jokingly) ASKED FOR THE CONTACT INFORMATION OF A LITERAL HUMAN NINE YEAR OLD, IN A SEXUAL CONTEXT.

Not a shota doujinshi, an actual real 9 year old.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
In responding to Rie and talking about loli/shota, I think a lot of you are missing the point that she (hopefully jokingly) ASKED FOR THE CONTACT INFORMATION OF A LITERAL HUMAN NINE YEAR OLD, IN A SEXUAL CONTEXT.

Ah yes, I'm sure the person would have provided said information, and Rie would have done something with it. If she's doing it in public, obviously it's a joke.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I've commented this before but it's weird how much shota stuff is on the rise. That's one of the things I remember about bunny_gif was she was usually the one bringing it into convos with the now-vshojo bunch. I didn't know that about fubuki or Noel. But it seems that rather than seeing a net decline in lolifags what we are seeing is more and more shotacons who are usually women oddly enough. There's a new popular anime series this year that might as well be called "big tittied maid gets paid by her shota". Are women really just deciding they want that shit or has society just reached such levels of open degeneracy that people lust after increasingly shocking things to stand out?
In my experience people have always been more lenient when it's women lusting over underaged males instead of the reverse. A good example being all of those cases of female teachers molesting male students and people just kinda brush it off because "He probably enjoyed it!" whereas male teachers doing the same are obvious pedos.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Pretty much the second, men in anime fandoms have openly talked about their love for lolis since the down of the internet, but woman in general where either discouraged from participating in said spaces or would not openly allow themself to act the same way as the dudes in the group, but the last couple years, specially among Vtubers who are mostly woman, the notion of "fuck it if the guys can say it why can I do it too?" has gone in the rise, shotacons just like fujos and monster fuckers have always existed among Female weebs they now just don't feel they have to keep it to their anonymous AO3 and instead can openly said on twitter and on stream and find other woman who will support them.

Edit:

You people will defends to the dead people getting canceled, because is" just a joke", or "people are to sensitive now a days", because they made fun of gazing the Jews or make a I identify as an atack helicopter troon joke, but as soon as is about this you want to turn her to the FBI, call me when her DM's asking underage kids for dick picks leak, until them anything said on a tweet or stream is a joke and should be treated as such.

Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Ah yes, I'm sure the person would have provided said information, and Rie would have done something with it. If she's doing it in public, obviously it's a joke.
She just wants that chicken under the bed.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Can you fuckers please stop arguing over shota dicks or whatever, I want to listen to cherry fox being angry that she can't get a real man in her life in peace.

MeteorImpact

In my experience people have always been more lenient when it's women lusting over underaged males instead of the reverse. A good example being all of those cases of female teachers molesting male students and people just kinda brush it off because "He probably enjoyed it!" whereas male teachers doing the same are obvious pedos.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Not related to anything currently being discussed, but I just thought it was funny how I caught 30 seconds of a random episode of some anime I never heard of before...and saw this:

Untitled1.png
Sauce: Uncle From Another World

I feel like it sums up our existence pretty well.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Wasn't she streaming less during those months where she had a decline though, or am I mixing her up with someone else? The unicorns may not have made a noticeable drop at all if that was the case; it looks like she was regularly averaging 7k-8k throughout the year. With some variance of course, but the only noticeable drops were those few fall months, and it seems to have recovered by itself.

There was also that peak in the summer, which I will leave everyone here to draw their own conclusions as to why she had slightly higher averages in the summer.
Yeah i mentioned the reasons for her lower numbers during certain months on the original post.
july being her worst pre tempus because of her moving houses and going to AX with her friends.
Then her other worst ones (september and october) were during the tempus collab spam and lack of solo streams.
The most she lost was CCV, as for the superchatters that were also members and left, they still follow her as dottovu so she didn't lose shit in the end when it comes to money at least.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Rie plays up the shotacon thing as a running joke, and that question was clearly sent in by a fan as a setup for her to give that exact reply to. If you find it in bad taste that's fair, but that's really all there is to it.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Towa's Queen cover. I don't think it was posted yet

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
You people will defends to the dead people getting canceled, because is" just a joke", or "people are to sensitive now a days", because they made fun of gazing the Jews or make a I identify as an atack helicopter troon joke, but as soon as is about this you want to turn her to the FBI, call me when her DM's asking underage kids for dick picks leak, until them anything said on a tweet or stream is a joke and should be treated as such.
Asking wtf is actually going on is not tantamount to "cancelling" or turning her into the fbi (who would in all likelihood support her if anything because they're filled with pedos). The thread is for vtubers, including vtubers doing unusual things. If a vtuber were talking about genociding the jews without a hint of irony except for the fact that its posted on twitter, you bet your ass it would raise a few eyebrows on here. I get not wanting it to take up the whole thread but going into "SHUT IT DOWN" after a handful of posts is a little odd.
Rie plays up the shotacon thing as a running joke, and that question was clearly sent in by a fan as a setup for her to give that exact reply to. If you find it in bad taste that's fair, but that's really all there is to it.
it is her response that I was commenting on.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
What the fuck?

Playing to the character and I assume its fake marro but this is the type of shit that gets you cancelled by Twittards.

Just when I thought the Henri drama was done and over. Shame on me for ever thinking that.
So Henri went from "you are my oshi" to "if I can't have you, no one else can"?

Update: So I skimmed through his vods. He's making content to pass time until his academic work starts this February. I think he's just bored and has nothing to do until then. He says in his first community post that he's still addicted to making videos and wants to keep his hands busy.

Also, some noteworthy things I've found:
- him being cancelled seems to hit him really hard. Said something along the lines of going back to consuming alcohol. I dont tune into his streams often, but I did watch most of his videos. I never got the impression he had an alcohol problem. He also says he's stopped all contact with his old VTuber friends because he's afraid of his friends getting hate via association.
- says he's not tuning into forums, /vt/, and monitoring the community anymore, and says he's enjoying VTubers at his own pace now.
I went to his Twitter. He posts about Pekora frequently.
- says he will be posting about VTubers occasionally, but he doesn't want to post documentaries and the same kind of videos he posted on his Depressed Nousagi channel. Says he just wants to post random shit.
- implies his content will slow down or may even stop entirely once he starts his university life.

Overall, I actually don't think the Depressed part of his name isn't even a joke anymore.
He did claim to have a drinking problem which was his way of coping with the depression.

Either Subaru or Suisei shared a similar story in the past about what surprised them after moving to Tokyo.

I assume it was Subaru, given her reaction here.

Moral of the story: If you want first aid, don't live in Tokyo.
ShibuyaMeltdown instagram has some really nice photos of drunk people just passed out in the subway in often in bad shape and no one really doing much. This is not a Tokyo thing either. Many big cities are like this and there have been studies based on the whole bystander effect.

That's pretty fucking yab but at the same time I assume the Marrow is a troll that knows she is a shotacon.

kukkia

Early Adopter
There's a new popular anime series this year that might as well be called "big tittied maid gets paid by her shota". Are women really just deciding they want that shit or has society just reached such levels of open degeneracy that people lust after increasingly shocking things to stand out?
Straight shotacon stuff tends to appeal to both women who are shotacons and guys who want to fantasize about being younger and getting pampered by a big breasted onee-san/mommy/maid/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom