Not open for further replies.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
The Metal Gear Perms are real :nenedance:

18742.jpg

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Kannagi Tenri will be premiering her cover of Suisei's song at 7PM JST.

Yesterday Touri Sei had her birthday 3D live, today she will be singing and playing piano at 8PM JST.

She will also have a zatsu at 10PM JST talking about yesterday's live and new song.

Hagu will also premiere a cover song with fellow UniVirtual Hoshii Mikuri at 9.30PM JST.

racist

Ninomae Ina'nis' strongest soldier
Someone please translate this to dumbass language so we can all understand the graphs.
HoloEarth launching in 2024. You can finally enjoy genshit but not chink and Hololiove.

Limkin

Biggest takeaways from the graphs
1. Individual earnings for company grow more and more irrelevant. Merchandise, events and increasingly so collaborations are where the real money is. While income from taking a members cut has been stagnating in the past 3 years (and basically aligns exactly with HoloEN release being massive increase and then staying exactly the same) everything else exploded and in general all financial reports could be summarized as "close to twice as good compared to previous year"
2. It's hard to say if intentional or not (probably is from my own personal experience) but they structure things in a way where they can tell they had continuous growth over the course of the year, even if Q1 of the next one looks like shit. Yet it is still better than Q1 of the year before so the graph looks like a zigzag
3. They actually managed to grew EN audience, if marginally, compared to Nijisanji. And this is without releasing a single generation in 2 years. The next yearly graph is going to look absolutely batshit insane. ID is where they gained a massive foothold and surprisingly Holostars JP were doing better at growth than sister branch.
4. There was a lot of personnel hirings in the past year, presumably them delivering on a promise of getting more managers
5. End of year 2022 they had to reinvest into new hardware so much they almost went red (they are basically saying they had to throw the old things away because of being outdated and buy new ones). I remember watching the last Fes and they clearly had huge technological advantage over the one in previous year so good on them
6. If I understand it right they are aware of buying things from overseas being less than stellar experience and are working on expanding the local merch sales in North America and Asia. They specifically mention "other than Electronic Commerce" so they are clearly unhappy with shipping costs too

God's Strongest Dragoon

Someone please translate this to dumbass language so we can all understand the graphs.
They've basically discovered 2 major revenue routes (Oversea Concerts and IP/collabs with HLZNTL) and have grown fast despite the huge expenses they have with the new studio/office and developing HoloEarth. Cover's Q3/Q4 this financial year is going to be nutty at the rate they're going. Indonesia and the Penis-havers (JP and EN) are growing really well while HoloEN has stagnated. Hopefully EN3's debut will revitalize growth in the HoloEN branch.

>Q1 Revenue YoY is up 42.8%
>Gura accounts for more than 1/4th of the sub count in HoloEN despite there being 10 members
>International (ID and EN) sub growth saw a big spike in late 2022 (lead by ID3 and Kobo in particular) but has slowed to 1 million subs per quarter (Advent isn't counted in this as it is up to June 20th)
>StarsJP saw a 27.5% YoY growth compared to HoloJP's 15.7% growth. Relatively they did very well with ~600k more subs this year but HoloJP's 15.7% growth means they saw 6.6 million subs.
>Meanwhile StarsEN gained 1.46 million subs in their first year, which is more than double what StarsJP saw
>JP branch (Holo and Stars) is seeing similar numerical growth to the entirety of International but has ~double the members as International
>This is the year of HoloID and they fucking exploded in growth
>HoloEN has slowed down this year in growth, they only saw a 7.5% YoY growth or 1.12 million subs. StarsEN actually picked up more subs
>their revenue/vtuber has grown very fast these past two quarters, despite the new studio and office expenses
>The reason for the dip from last quarter's huge revenue to this quarter's amount is because Q4 had 4th Fes and their concerts did REALLY fucking well (more than twice the previous year). It makes this quarter look weak but that's really not the case, it's just that 4th Fes was a HUGE success
>Q1 is suppose to be a "weak quarter" (while Q3/Q4 are the strong quarters due to events) but this "weak quarter" did as good as their strong quarters last year, so they are growing immensely
>EN concert (Connect the World) was this quarter but it basically only doubled the YoY Q1's concert/event revenue, which was already pretty small. It likely did well but nothing worth noting next to their usual event season with stuff like HoloFes.
>Event expenses for Q1 was 220 while it was 27 last year. So they increased their event expenses by more than 8 times for ~doubling the quarter's event revenue.
>They're seeing a huge growth in revenue due to licensing/collaborations. This is likely due to that HLZNTL venture they started, so it's working out well for them. This includes those collabs with app games like Tower of Sky.
>They plan to work with Universal Music Japan a lot more, so expect more music collabs
>Even though CTW didn't do super amazingly well, it did show that there was interest in overseas concerts and did well at a relatively lower level of revenue/expenses compared to 4th Fes, so they're looking to potentially doing more of them
>They plan to collaborate more with affiliate stores in Asia and North America to stock their merch year-round. So they're aware that shipping costs are fucking awful for oversea fans and they're addressing it by just having stores overseas stock the merch. Could potentially see oversea online purchases for merch being shipped from these affiliate stores to reduce shipping costs.
>Their main revenue growth this quarter compared to previous YoY was Concerts (CTW obviously) and Licensing/collabs. So their overseas concerts and HLZNTL venture are already showing potential in their overall growth
>They have ~50 mods for all their streams
>They hired A LOT of employees lately, obviously due to the new studio and likely to manage the new EN3 branch
>HoloEarth is coming 2024 (likely late) and they've already been capitalizing the expenses for the development.

Last edited:

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Hey guys the new Cover financials are up.
Something to note among all the number one you might be interested on:

If I'm understanding correctly it pretty much spells out the connect tye world sold 25,000 online tickets (plus 5000 in person tickets), for comparison holofest highest for one day was 27k and 80k for all 3 days IRC.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
TL;DR:

- Cover has established itself as a powerful brand thru V-Tubing and Idol-style content. Growth has been exponential after the success of 4th Fes. With their new office and equipments plus having the talents branch out to the mainstream (mostly in Japan) Cover has established itself as a corpo player.

Summary: Cover eating good while Nïggersanji is in SHAMBLES.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:

If I'm understanding correctly it pretty much spells out the connect tye world sold 25,000 online tickets (plus 5000 in person tickets), for comparison holofest highest for one day was 27k and 80k for all 3 days IRC.

Do you have the number of people that watched 4th Fes in person?

Last edited:

AmpleChip

Roboco's roommate is pretty cute.

roboco.jpgroboco_2.jpg

Wish more clippers picked up her content, she has some of the funniest moments in hololive.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I don't recall the exact 4th Fes numbers but CTW did do pretty well in numerical sales. The expenses associated with the event were pretty large though. Relatively to last year's Q1, they grew their Concert/Event revent by ~95% but increased event expenses by ~815%. However their event expenses compared to last quarter (which had 4th Fes) was ~16.7% of last quarters while seeing ~17.2% of last quarter's revenue. So CTW was a success but obviously 4th Fes was a colossal success. We're definitely going to see more oversea concerts.

PekoWick

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Yeah I wasn't fully paying attention to the stream as well since it was a mix of her trauma dumping along with the Tachibana stuff. Though one of the funny things that I picked up on was apparently the guy was complaining to his peers about his Mom kept giving him food and it was keeping him out of shape.

:whatastory:
> his Mom kept giving him food and it was keeping him out of shape
Exercise more femboy! Imagine blaming your mom for your weight when you're a fucking adult!

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The Metal Gear Perms are real :nenedance:

View attachment 39770

Hopefully only JP.

Yagoo knows, we don't need Kiara yelling "KIKIRIKI!" at every guard and then yelling at her chat for failing the mission.

Btw, did Konami cockblock them completely or just for MGS? If it was the former, I'll have to set up a gamermaid trap with the SNES and N64 Goemons as bait...

And purchase a cane to motivate the aforementioned maid to actually fucking stream.

(Yes, I know Okayu went through at least one of the SNES Goemons. Might've been pre Holocaust, though)

USS IOWA

FL Cascadia

(Yes, I know Okayu went through at least one of the SNES Goemons. Might've been pre Holocaust, though)
I think a few months ago, Koyori played the first SNES Goemon, and then she and Korone played the second one together.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

If I'm reading it right, Cover spent ~12 million USD on 4th Fes. And I think it looks like talent are averaging about ~160k USD directly from Cover?

Activities involving defamation

Activities during the one-year period from January 2022 to December2022
Number of cases in which actions were taken against defamatory acts toward affiliated talents: 146•
legal action against death threats•
legal action against infringement of rights to post on bulletin boards•
legal action against infringement of rights in SNS postings•
legal action against curation sites

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Nina was in the background during Reimu and Rosemi's off collab. It's nice that she's still able to make appearances like this.

racist

Ninomae Ina'nis' strongest soldier

mismatch

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Biggest takeaways from the graphs
1. Individual earnings for company grow more and more irrelevant. Merchandise, events and increasingly so collaborations are where the real money is. While income from taking a members cut has been stagnating in the past 3 years (and basically aligns exactly with HoloEN release being massive increase and then staying exactly the same) everything else exploded and in general all financial reports could be summarized as "close to twice as good compared to previous year"
2. It's hard to say if intentional or not (probably is from my own personal experience) but they structure things in a way where they can tell they had continuous growth over the course of the year, even if Q1 of the next one looks like shit. Yet it is still better than Q1 of the year before so the graph looks like a zigzag
3. They actually managed to grew EN audience, if marginally, compared to Nijisanji. And this is without releasing a single generation in 2 years. The next yearly graph is going to look absolutely batshit insane. ID is where they gained a massive foothold and surprisingly Holostars JP were doing better at growth than sister branch.
4. There was a lot of personnel hirings in the past year, presumably them delivering on a promise of getting more managers
5. End of year 2022 they had to reinvest into new hardware so much they almost went red (they are basically saying they had to throw the old things away because of being outdated and buy new ones). I remember watching the last Fes and they clearly had huge technological advantage over the one in previous year so good on them
6. If I understand it right they are aware of buying things from overseas being less than stellar experience and are working on expanding the local merch sales in North America and Asia. They specifically mention "other than Electronic Commerce" so they are clearly unhappy with shipping costs too
They took on almost 40 million USD in debt last year for the studio + equipment. That massive drop in Net Income meant they had to expend a lot of cash on stuff. Though they still have 60+ million USD in cash on hand.

God's Strongest Dragoon

If I'm reading it right, Cover spent ~12 million USD on 4th Fes. And I think it looks like talent are averaging about ~160k USD directly from Cover?
They spent 1,314 million yen in Q4 on Event expenses, which is ~9.165 million USD. However they earned 2,187 million yen in Q4 from Concerts/Events, which is ~15.250 million USD. So they SPENT more money on 4th Fes than they EARNED from 3rd Fes and it worked out.

Meanwhile they're planning on spending as much on HoloEarth as they earned from 4th Fes, so that's a huge hole for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom