"I was always really curious about what... what being fucked by a tentacle would feel like"Himemiya Rie

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Ku released the edited VOD of her Tachibana exposé, it'll be up for 3 days then will be unlisted after. I don't currently have the means to archive an almost 4 hour VOD so posting it here in case anybody's interested.

Short

God Damn the Sun
Chinchilla in 10 minutes!!!

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I believe it to be a product of internalized fatshaming taking roots from and perpetuated by media and toy companies. "Barbie doesnt have belly bulge, so why do i have it" kinda deal
Dunno if I'd say it's a media thing but based on Uruka's tweet and my own discussion it does seem to be a weird perception of "fat" when it's not fat.

Women are very silly sometimes.

I think the other post earlier said it best; guys like it because it draws the eyes down to the important part.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
yeah prism released 2 males chubas but both are bottom in numbers of the org right now, which is already not very big.

Also one of them hasn't streamed in month apparently, it seems if you are a male chubba you either deals with Niji's bullshit, try your luck at Holostar or stay indie.
You might as well go indie if your choice to go corpo are limited to two JP-based company known for their backward thinking and isn't interested in making new innovation, even beyond NijisanjiJP itself a lot of popular male vtubers are indie/ex-corpo (or most notably a part of larger trpg/utaite community). Aviel saying there's a lot more alternative for male vtubing chances is just him being completely tone deaf about the state of male vtubing itself.

It's clear that male vtuber needs a different approach to be as successful as female vtuber, you can't really CGDCT your way out for easy bucks unless you're a femboy. On the flip side, you're also at risk of gaining an equally annoying female fanbase if you're leaning too hard on the fanservice (which is where most of luxiem is at), and not many companies are willing to invest in brotuber scene even though it has been proven many times it's actually what people wants

tl;dr for maletuber, company backing could give you an initial boost but at the cost of our content creativity being stripped away because of their dogshit way of thinking and rejection of innovation, being indie solved the issue but you have to be extra active in promoting yourself if you want the big fame

Ku released the edited VOD of her Tachibana exposé, it'll be up for 3 days then will be unlisted after. I don't currently have the means to archive an almost 4 hour VOD so posting it here in case anybody's interested.
I should still have some space left on my folder, I'll reup in a min
Link: 【Ku Yonbai】Last Stream ⧸⧸ I was abused. ⧸⧸ Trigger Warning [Ku Yonbai 【4X9】] (XDouqWzjgU4)

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
M*n shouldn't be Vtubers
:smugpipi:

:urtearingmeapart:

Aviel saying there's a lot more alternative for male vtubing chances is just him being completely tone deaf about the state of male vtubing itself.

How so? Spell it out for me. You say in your post that brotubers are what people actually want, and while that's what I want (and want to be), NijiMEN and their fujoshi orientation seem to be raking in more money than HoloStarsEN. (Of course I don't have the numbers in front of me but that seems to be the perception anyway.) But even so it's still a sliver error of what the girls bring in. Like I said earlier, his take is disappointing but logical for anyone in this for the money.

Short

God Damn the Sun

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Wow you people really were not lying when you said that this is a retirement home
signal-2023-08-09-01-18-35-336.jpg

>My oshi... Where is my oshi?
<I don't know

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
How so? Spell it out for me. You say in your post that brotubers are what people actually want, and while that's what I want (and want to be), NijiMEN and their fujoshi orientation seem to be raking in more money than HoloStarsEN. (Of course I don't have the numbers in front of me but that seems to be the perception anyway.) But even so it's still a sliver error of what the girls bring in. Like I said earlier, his take is disappointing but logical for anyone in this for the money.
I'm not going to argue about nijimale general success because it is what it is, the problem is that beyond what they have now-- the vtubing scene itself has been stagnating and more apparent on the male side. While the problem could also lie in how they wanted to present themselves, it's also on the company itself for not being willing to risk into the broader spectrum of audiences (despite them already having a track record of how successful the non-fujo pandering could be) so I mostly chalk it up as them unwilling to invest further on the scene.

I'm also saying this as a male vtuber watcher itself, but you can only go so far by pandering to chink fujos and the likes. We've already seen how it forces someone like Vox to take extreme measures just to keep himself safe, there needs to be a balance and Holostars offers that, but any kind of success they got will always be overshadowed because of how massively popular their sister branch already is.
It's actually pretty dilemmatic, I frankly want a lot of them to prosper as much as the girls but it's like there's a bigger hurdle if you're a male vtubers.

But if you do get into either of the big 2 corpo, chances are you won't be able to be as expressive because the set of rules you have to abide on adding to the potential of dealing with unicorns and male-anti fans just because you decide to say hi to the girls. Although if you're still confident in yourself and willing to take the risk, it never hurt to try and aim high

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
That's amazing, seeing how Haruhi aired in 2006.

The song bro, the song. :mitothink:

The name of the song is Candy Pop, the name of the VSJ thing is also Candy Pop. That was the link. I thought it was self-evident in that context.

UberSoldat

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Last seen 50 minutes ago · Viewing thread General Vtuber Discussion
@The Nousagi stop daydreaming about VTuber pee pee and give the man his request, what's burnt is burnt.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
yeah prism released 2 males chubas but both are bottom in numbers of the org right now, which is already not very big.

Also one of them hasn't streamed in month apparently, it seems if you are a male chubba you either deals with Niji's bullshit, try your luck at Holostar or stay indie.
It doesn't help that most of the male vtubers that I've seen in the wild are raging fags. I dunno which of the phase girls said it but they put it perfectly "they're annoying" might've been lia. If you're a entertaining guy with a face that only a mother would love you just stream without a facecam and if you're not hideous you use a facecam. Using an anime avatar is just extra work.
If you want to use one, your character will look like a femboy because most artists only can draw that. Vesper 2.0 still looked a bit faggy but it could give a boost to any decent sounding man. Holostar EN proved there's a market for brotubers but honesty how many "bros" would stream with a vtuber model? they have to like anime for starters and that's already culls the pool of "bros". If you found a group like seannaners and crew from back in the day and managed to convince them to use anime avatars you'd be printing money but the best you're gonna get is retards like moist critikal.
I'm surprised there isn't a fuckton of zoomer spics with the named Goku, Gohan, or Vegeta.
its a meme in spic countries and there are some actually named after them, just the same way you had bitches name their daughters after that white haired bitch from GOT and the kid from the chick of twilight.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
This especially pisses me off because the whole reason I was skeptical of the "Selen is about to leave" leak was because she seemed so excited to do all these events. I remember listening to her talk about how many doors opened for her recently and how excited she was to get to organize these events because she had always wanted to do it. I just can't imagine she organized the Puyo Puyo tournament and then realized part way through organizing the Fall Guys one it was too much a pain in the ass to do that one and any future one and makes those Tweets. Management has to have been the ones to shut it down with how she worded them. This feels too much like another "COVID did it" thing.

I'm surprised she is streaming today, tbh. She can be pretty emotional when shit like this happens, I wonder if she will be able to keep quiet about it.
my rrat is Niji looks at what Hololive is doing with their own gaming brand venture HLZNTL and that's something they want to steal emulate. And now they are trying to centralized all tournament so middle management get their pat in the back for every event even though the ideas are from the livers.

Limkin

- No self control. Only lasted two days on soup and congee diet. Eat chicken nuggets and sashimi "like a rat" with only her front teeth by day 3. Mom got her spicy dipping sauces for those nuggies.
This is precisely how you join the 5% that isn't the 95% survival rate. Some random piece of junk get stuck in cavity, it starts rotting, it spreads all over and you dead.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
@The Nousagi stop daydreaming about VTuber pee pee and give the man his request, what's burnt is burnt.

Dude wants to be peed on and kicked around by a 6 foot big tiddy mommy with anger issues, then kidnap lolis for his saw-style sex dungeon where he makes them watch in horror as he gets pegged by the aforementioned mommy and then buttfucked by a chad soft boy that then cucks him with the lolis.
Fetishes unlocked: 356/356 Rank: Master Pinoy Destroyer of Roommates Weapon of Choice: Thirst Titles: Jollybees Tyrant, Pag pag eater, Drama Conjurer, Megafaggot

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
You say in your post that brotubers are what people actually want
I wish there were more female 'brotubers'. There are plenty of indies but in corpos it feels so rare. I know that's not really related to what you said, but I wanted to tangent.

UberSoldat

Man with all the stuff you guys think and say here about women on a daily basis, I'm sure you will find a willing and loving partner with healthy children to go with it. :smugselen:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Okay, I tried to listen this while getting some late night work done. I haven't been following the Tachibana story closely. I had to tap out of this video once she talked about how the person she was a manager for started using drugs, because just the endless string of catastrophes overlaying the dramatic music was too much for me. How much of this are we taking serious? Was any of that actually about Tachibana, or was she just recounting how miserable her life had apparently been before she met him or something? What's the teal deer for what she actually has to say about Tachibana?

It doesn't help that most of the male vtubers that I've seen in the wild are raging fags. I dunno which of the phase girls said it but they put it perfectly "they're annoying" might've been lia. If you're a entertaining guy with a face that only a mother would love you just stream without a facecam and if you're not hideous you use a facecam. Using an anime avatar is just extra work.
If you want to use one, your character will look like a femboy because most artists only can draw that. Vesper 2.0 still looked a bit faggy but it could give a boost to any decent sounding man. Holostar EN proved there's a market for brotubers but honesty how many "bros" would stream with a vtuber model? they have to like anime for starters and that's already culls the pool of "bros". If you found a group like seannaners and crew from back in the day and managed to convince them to use anime avatars you'd be printing money but the best you're gonna get is retards like moist critikal.

This is unfair. I may be ugly (and old and fat) but the main reason I don't want to facecam is because of privacy, and at any rate are any of the HoloStars EN PLs particularly ugly? Using a model is "extra work" than just turning on my mic, sure, but I think the flair and personality it brings over a voice-only stream is worth it. And I don't think most male streamers outside of Niji have a particularly "femboy" appearance, for better or worse in terms of their career. As for the "bros" comment, you seem to be mixing that word up with "chads" or something. By "brotuber" we're just referring to someone with whom we feel like we could hang out with in real life, and whose stories we can relate to if not aspire to.

I wish there were more female 'brotubers'. There are plenty of indies but in corpos it feels so rare. I know that's not really related to what you said, but I wanted to tangent.

That's the vibe that Rin Penrose from IdolEN has said she goes for. I'd say Isa and Sena could fit that too to some extent, but yes, they're both indie (so far).

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
NijiMEN and their fujoshi orientation seem to be raking in more money than HoloStarsEN
StarsEN seems to have gone the yume pandering route just with a holopro paint of "seiso". Vesper seems to have been a good EN version of Belmond Banderas, but outside of that they don't really pander much to "brotubers". But that's just my opinion from someone who does not watch Holostars(outside of Axel song covers and Roberu clips). HolostarsEN does not seem like brotubers to me.
Niji jp actually has some bro tubers everyone ask of like Kenmochi Toya. They don't want to replicate them with Niji en.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom