"Cariope is haff ass!"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundWave Superior

Dying look Mouse is obviously a good talent but she got big because of her disease and i refuse to believe at least 20% of her current active viewers are not just there because of that.
Honestly sorta agree with a number of people being in her chat cause she's the plucky make a wish kid slowly getting better like. But it's also why i blocked any and all of her youtube clip channels the "OMG DIEING VTUBER CONFESSES TO WELSH MAN......" or some shit like it honestly puts me off watching her at times cause of the seemingly outragous about of this she's gonna be dead next week omg she loves connor clickbait shit that poisons any feed.
I do enjoy mouse but i just hate the clipper/ youtube community around her so badly

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
I much prefer this new alternative because it will lead to such phrases as "Oh I forgot to x", "Hold on let me x that", "I didn't x about it", "Watch x later on, there'll be an x by management", "If you read my xlonger you'll know his x's paint me in a negative light, while I can't respond because x deleted my x's", "Check my x on x for more information, it'll be the pinned x" and "what the fuck is an x"

"Let's rebrand our already insanely popular/familiar brand that it's already being used in mainstream vernacular as a verb and replace it with the universal online symbol for closing down browser/pop-up windows."

:NOWWELAUGH:

Personally, I don't really give a shit. Let Elon burn that shit down.

:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
I much prefer this new alternative because it will lead to such phrases as "Oh I forgot to x", "Hold on let me x that", "I didn't x about it", "Watch x later on, there'll be an x by management", "If you read my xlonger you'll know his x's paint me in a negative light, while I can't respond because x deleted my x's", "Check my x on x for more information, it'll be the pinned x" and "what the fuck is an x"

X-actly. It might be X-asperating, but it might be X-cellent. We have to moderate our X-pectations, as I have X-plained.

On topic, I had Korone's Jump King vod going in the background, and at one point she was talking about some horror movie called "Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey" (according to chat translators, I mean). It looks terrible, but she apparently really liked it. I never knew she was into low-budget horror.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Mouse has broken the female sub record twice in one year though I think that was 2023, done charity streams, has brought in guests from all the big companies, and continues to be the most relevant vtuber on twitch
None of that is anything new that she hasn't done before. Why bother having her again, then? Collabing outside your immediate circle is also not really an achievement when you're an indie or in a small corpo and don't have any other options.

Shoto is basically the only male en vtuber currently on a stable trajectory, outgrowing the luxiem leeching he did and doing so as an indie. I don't like his content but I can't say the biggest successful indie male in the en sphere is nothing. Just because there literally isn't anyone else notable.
So he is a popular streamer? So what? That's it?

In terms of what Holo EN does, just Hololive EN girls and surface-level stuff, not even including all the shit Niji and Indies do on Youtube:

Calli: Albums, EPs, record deal, and concerts on BOTH her personas. She is lightyears ahead of other EN Vtubers on both Youtube and Twitch in those regards, too. She should be on here instead of the fad-riding animator or Gura.

Others that aren't qualifying for any awards but are absolutely doing things 99% of the popular Twitch VTubers don't and this is mostly to counter the "they don't do anything" retarded shit some people keep repeating:

Ame: Just a bunch of crap in general. Lots of projects and support for others. While not something that has not been done before, e literally built a 3D studio in her home for her and other girls to use. Released an original song, MV, and minigame, despite not being a strong singer.

Kiara: original songs, MVs, consistent streaming, and planned a whole birthday live for herself because Cover refused to with help from Ame.

Gura: the last half of last year was awful for her, otherwise, she released a fully animated PV for herself and also did a self-produced birthday live.

Bae: She released a 5 songs, despite not being known for singing, did a bunch of voice-acted shorts and other variety of shorts like Baegemite, and a ton of covers. Does her own choreography for her dances.

Less so:
IRyS: Released a whole bunch of original songs and covers.

Fauna: Wrote official Holloween shorts for Holo EN and is hugely popular with ASMR Vtuber crap.

Ina: Sick for a lot of the year and generally too busy with both Holo and roommate crap. If we wanna counte her roommate, a light novel with characters she designed got a fucking anime. Who else has done that?

Kronii, Mumei: Covers? I don't really know much of what they do on the regular tbh.

Like, no shit, they aren't doing crap like the JP side of Hololive, but just because they have a high bar to live up to, doesn't mean they don't do anything.

And yes, award shows are fucking gay.

Edit: Also, I really hope Gura just totally fucking ignores this gay shit, because knowing her, she just might. Bonus points if she wins and ghosts the event.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
On topic, I had Korone's Jump King vod going in the background, and at one point she was talking about some horror movie called "Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey" (according to chat translators, I mean). It looks terrible, but she apparently really liked it. I never knew she was into low-budget horror.

Just recently she posted a mini review of a Serbian film

She likes her gruesome horror

Kalion

:)
Meru is currently streaming A Little to the Left, and is being a little suspicious.
Notably:
-Mentions she has plans for "things" soon.
-Tells a chatter that said they had a dream Rosemi collabed with Meru "Maybe that's just a premonition of the future."
-"There's some things going on I can't tell you guys about, but I really want to, you know?"
-Had a "good conversation" with "certain people" over the weekend.
-"I'm being sus, aren't I?"

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Calli: Albums, EPs, record deal, and concerts on BOTH her personas. She is lightyears ahead of other EN Vtubers on both Youtube and Twitch in those regards, too. She should be on here instead of the fad-riding animator or Gura.
It's basically a twitch/twitter popularity contest, and if you went by those two metrics, Mori would be like the single worst vtuber of all time, with Pippa in a distant second. She would probably still win the contest if she was on there, or get runner up to Ironlung's pity points (if it wasn't rigged like it is always), but there would be a lot of bitching and controversy.

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
EN3 looks like generic B-tier 2023 Isekai filler, these are way below standard compared to Hololive norms.

Hopefully they sound better than they look. I noticed nobody here picked up that Homura-Alter is covered in music notation, so maybe she's gonna be the singer of the gen? Disappointed they felt they needed another loli, and I'm gonna have a laugh if the twins end up being another Elira/Selen situation where it's hardly acknowledged and they're complete opposites who almost never interact. I just hope the two mature looking ones don't end up with voices that don't match. That would be the biggest downer. So so tired of age regression, key ups, and voice changers in modern woman.

That's all I'll say about EN3 until they actually debut. I've become super jaded these days I guess. But maybe low expectations will lead to a pleasant surprise, who knows... Fingers crossed. 🤞

colossamite

aaaaarrrrgh

God's Strongest Dragoon

"Shiina like, popped her pussy for us" -Dizzy Dokuro, 2023

Another quote to add to the list.

EDIT: Dizzy and Shiina are now both in Ember's stream

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

Shiina has now joined the voice chat, get in the impromptu collab powerwash stream

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
"Let's rebrand our already insanely popular/familiar brand that it's already being used in mainstream vernacular as a verb and replace it with the universal online symbol for closing down browser/pop-up windows."

:NOWWELAUGH:

Personally, I don't really give a shit. Let Elon burn that shit down.

:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
Elon's had a fascination with using the letter X as a brand for years now, and I think he's trying to big-brain it into being an icon for anything he's involved in. I doubt it'll catch on and he'll probably walk it back sooner rather than later, but it's amusing to watch the melodramatic fallout from it. Some people seem to live or die by what's happening on Twitter at a given moment, and watching them freak out about the reddit rocket man introducing whatever dumb idea he came up last time he was stoned as though he's a dictator sending people to their death is fucking funny.

-Tells a chatter that said they had a dream Rosemi collabed with Meru "Maybe that's just a premonition of the future."
-"There's some things going on I can't tell you guys about, but I really want to, you know?"
-Had a "good conversation" with "certain people" over the weekend.
Please don't be Niji, she's already been fucked over by one incompetent black company, I'd hate for a second round of that.

EN3 looks like generic B-tier 2023 Isekai filler, these are way below standard compared to Hololive norms.

Hopefully they sound better than they look. I noticed nobody here picked up that Homura-Alter is covered in music notation, so maybe she's gonna be the singer of the gen? Disappointed they felt they needed another loli, and I'm gonna have a laugh if the twins end up being another Elira/Selen situation where it's hardly acknowledged and they're complete opposites who almost never interact. I just hope the two mature looking ones don't end up with voices that don't match. That would be the biggest downer. So so tired of age regression, key ups, and voice changers in modern woman.

That's all I'll say about EN3 until they actually debut. I've become super jaded these days I guess. But maybe low expectations will lead to a pleasant surprise, who knows... Fingers crossed. 🤞
I'm not over-impressed by the EN3 characters, I guess the princess girl looks cute and the sisters matching is a nice touch, but they all look over-designed in one way or another and I hope the models make them look better than the trailer.

That being said I remember absolutely despising the original Tempus designs for the same reason yet I ended up not caring much once I'd come to associate them with the lads' personalities, so it's not something I'm too worried about long-term.

We are really gonna need context for that one.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
We are really gonna need context for that one.

the girls went to a karaoke, Shiina and Dizzy were singing "Barbie Girl", with Dizzy doing the deeper voice and Shiina singing like an angel

God's Strongest Dragoon

the girls went to a karaoke, Shiina and Dizzy were singing "Barbie Girl", with Dizzy doing the deeper voice and Shiina singing like an angel
To go into more detail, she misspoke and meant to say that "Shiina popped off"

Panko raided into Ember's stream and is now in the voice chat too. Impromptu 4 member zatsu collab.

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Please don't be Niji, she's already been fucked over by one incompetent black company, I'd hate for a second round of that.
EIEN, Kawaii, or notRiifu's upcoming "corpo" could be possibilities if joining a new group is the direction she's taking.

Edit: Speaking of notRiifu's thing.

1690234231932.png

Last edited:

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Anywho, it's Monday I'll try to gather what schedules I comes across.

F1xMmlOXoAEa5pR

F1xMxzsWAAApMxl

F1yoXh8aMAEE3xG

F100MR0aYAAkq9d

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter

Eh. Those designs are to be expected since "canonically" they are tied to Council. Serves as better continuation than just bringing in some random group theme unit. Imho, Council gen should have been tied to Myth more than just "and these are the GODS allowing and overseeing MYTH members dalliances with mortals. They've chosen to follow HOPE to join in this new fun adventure."

Hololive EN has such a great lore and it's just underuse, then quickly forgotten. I am expecting the same with this new unit. Maybe they'll be different than their senpais? Chuunis do sell.. Like HoloX.

HA! I agree with you on hoping the characters looks match the personalities and voices. I remember being hyped for Enna and then being completely turned off by her voice. Same shit happens with Kyo; how the fuck did that dude get such a cute model with that gross voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom