"DAS RIIITE!!!"Sawa Sama

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Poast is a fallback communication method, not a place for this kind of discussion.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
So they're actually recording this live in Japan? Nice, I'm betting Cover is going with ID first to experiment the immigration proces for EN and the likes

And it's High Tide as I'm writing this
I would assume ID first because technically they are the oldest wtihout 3d. I would assume EN to be next.

He's got an (fish)eye for quality, so besides those three I'd say Rye (Pippa mentioned her a lot too, assuming she hasn't gotten picked-up by Cover or Anycolor) and obligatory Koa (we miss you NTR angelic-voiced monke).

I mean Fishman's response was, "lol" so.. WACTOR UwU/Miao?
Rye reminds me of an edgier Gura. Its a shame I only learned about her a few months ago and not back when she started streaming.

Probably one of my favorite streams in awhile. I had missed the beginning and ending due to sleep, but it was really entertaining. The grossest thing in that stream was learning someone in this world eats soup with ketchup. Literally 1984/9/11.
Kirsche is very fun to watch but the games she plays are not ones I usually like to see.

I feel the need to remind people that meme magic is real:

Whiskey got 32K views on her Sad Cat Dance video in one day.
She mentioned it in passing in her stream after Pippa left, and sure enough, it is orders of magnitude over her other YouTube video uploads.
Trend chasing is kinda cringe, but whatever gets asses in seats.
Some of these trends are a great way to get people's eyes on you as dumb as that may seem and it seems that not many take advantage of it. Then again it takes a bit of money to actually commission shit if you are not an artist and if you dont have someone to come out with the art quick you can end up releasing your shit as the trend is losing hype.

I do one stream a night and treat it like a podcast streaming on one monitor while doing some mindless gaming on the other like grinding/farming in a mmo or playing Holocure.
I try to do 2 full but due to time constraints I usually end up doing 1 full and 2 or 3 parts.

Oka is a 2-view I learned about (collabed with Roza) and she is doing a cute pet review stream.

Last edited:

Spergatory

Early Adopter
For an actually on topic question, how many people here can actually sit through full streams? I've only ever watched a hand full of full streams and only ever because it was a great colab or a game I seriously enjoy
I never watched a full stream from a vtuber until I started watching Pippa as well as Lisa's music review streams, and from regular streamers I only really watch Vinesauce and Jerma (I miss the old Jerma). I just don't stay invested long enough and there are usually things I would rather do. At least with Pippa streams she's entertaining enough to have on in the background like a podcast while I copy down notes from my classes or play a simple game in the background.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I would actually recommend her not to play MGS V: TPP. Gameplay-wise, it's overall the best game in the series(although some features in 4, 3 and the co-op in Peace walker could be considered better), but if you come for the story, it is utterly disappointing. Only 1 story, a secret sidestory has a conclusion, everything else is unfinished. I will save this thread my thousand milion essay on how disappointing that game is. Just going to say that Kojima did not want to make more Metal Gear since Solid 2, but TPP is the only game where it really shows, and the Konami fuckery did not help at all.
Pomu would be happier just ignoring that entry and Ground Zeroes, because GZ is what opens the plot for TPP, before it there truly was no need for MGS V.

I don't really care if she plays V on stream, but there are some parts of the game I think would be worth seeing the reaction to. Quiet, whatever the name for Mantis child, The Man on Fire, Best Boy Diamond Dog, Teen Liquid.

Burnt Fish

I doubt scuttle will keep away from this place.
It's seeming more and more each day that the farms are going to survive in some fashion so there's not a lot of reason to migrate for a lot of people.
Poast is kinda garbage for the discussion style we are used to.
Poast however is hilarious for pointing and laughing at how the pre-existing users there have become hysterical about the kiwis in their midst. Every time I check it and see my timeline I find myself in amazement that these people survive in the real world.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
oh and that borderline illiterate spastic longrattz
Holy shit this dude is what a stroke in human form must be like.

I translated one of his posts on poa.st as a joke when I was using it.

9b5540e2685337d634a854d927a2308afadb6e2e1ff5fdbeaa7240396bc33c3a.gif

"I watched the Zoomer vs. Boomer stream with Bae & Vesper. It was Kino! Vesper is anti-woah (the dance) and anti-woke. I still have more streams to catch up on.".

I need some
lean1_32x32px-png.130
after that.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Holy shit this dude is what a stroke in human form must be like.

I translated one of his posts on poa.st as a joke when I was using it.

View attachment 425

"I watched the Zoomer vs. Boomer stream with Bae & Vesper. It was Kino! Vesper is anti-woah (the dance) and anti-woke. I still have more streams to catch up on.".

I need some
lean1_32x32px-png.130
after that.
You should be this threads official retard translator. Also, does that guy know how to use punctuation? What the hell are with those commas and no periods?

In Pippa news it looks like she is streaming ERROR tonight. I'm interested to see how it looks.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
You should be this threads official retard translator. Also, does that guy know how to use punctuation? What the hell are with those commas and no periods?
Was it determined if he was challenged or just SEA?

dumb wings

If anyone knows an archive of the thread pls link it here too
Try the new onion link or .st as others said. archive.ph might have it (probably with a .net). Also, recommend the "SingleFile" firefox/chrome extension for simple/quick archival of webpages (no videos).

Cat (Yuri) has started her subathon after having a mental brake a few days ago. Tenma playing donuts. Pippa is about to start in 10 min for shitty hololive horror game.
For an actually on topic question, how many people here can actually sit through full streams? I've only ever watched a hand full of full streams and only ever because it was a great colab or a game I seriously enjoy
Depends how long but usually yes on a second monitor.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
The true longrattz experience.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
This Sunday Pomu starts MGS:V Ground Zeroes, and I assume once that's over she'll get into MGS:V proper which is surprising because she sounded pretty unsure about that one in specific. (I suppose the big open-world aspect has the potential to make it a slog streaming wise).
On one hand I would curious to see how she handles the trashfire, on the other I really hate a large majority of V lol. It's an absolute SLOG to watch, let alone play, and it's like 10 hours of sitting around listening to tapes in a chopper to get any story from it. Let alone the fact that it's like 30+ hours of almost the same exact mission over and over. "Go to spot. / Extract or Kill guy." You lose virtually nothing by skipping it and all its plot point additions are retarded. Even for a series where retcons happen as often as they do in MGS, V really does some extra work shitting up the porta potty when it isn't needed.

I think she had an interest in MG/MG2 but again I might be a bit out of the loop.
Note: A couple people already replied to this a bit but yeah. I typically type replies as I go, but I don't post til I catch up lol

Tenma will be live with more Nier in 7 hours. This would have been a bigfoot collab but due to rie not feeling well its been rescheduled and the current stream has been replaced by more Nier;Automata.

I wonder if Tenma will play Replicant once shes done 100%ing Automata (since lets be honest thats absolutely what shes going to do, get 100% in the game aka do everything).

Also not PC but in in 8 hours Botan will go live with more Cult of The Lamb

Tenma said she does intend to play Replicant at this point, but it won't be immediately. She would take a break between the two for a while, but I forget if she said any sort of time frame or anything.

I would actually recommend her not to play MGS V: TPP. Gameplay-wise, it's overall the best game in the series(although some features in 4, 3 and the co-op in Peace walker could be considered better), but if you come for the story, it is utterly disappointing. Only 1 story, a secret sidestory has a conclusion, everything else is unfinished. I will save this thread my thousand milion essay on how disappointing that game is. Just going to say that Kojima did not want to make more Metal Gear since Solid 2, but TPP is the only game where it really shows, and the Konami fuckery did not help at all.
Pomu would be happier just ignoring that entry and Ground Zeroes, because GZ is what opens the plot for TPP, before it there truly was no need for MGS V.
My reply already has some of MY autism about it here, but yeah. Pomu's an MGS fan but a huge normie about it though so I don't think any of the goofy story shit would bother her. She doesn't think twice about anything that happens, and adores goofy bullshit like MGS4. She'll sit around and think out loud, maybe ask a question to chat sometimes and whatnot, but as soon as it gets a story bit or cutscene explanation ingame she seems to always just go "Oh okay."
On top of that, she didn't even do all the missions in PW so she missed the Kaz tape. (Unless I missed something, but last I saw she just replayed some bs missions to fill up the time for Zadornov missions.) I don't think she could manage doing all the shit in V either. This is more relevant if you, somehow for some reason, give a shit about Quiet since her story doesn't even "finish" unless you fuck around and do all the other dumb shit. It's still funny to me how shooting Quiet basically just removes 5 cutscenes and changes almost nothing else.

That said, I really hope someone makes sure she looks up the audio drama for "How Snake met Kaz" because it's actually pretty fun. It sucks they removed it from the non-JP versions of Ground Zeroes.

I don't really care if she plays V on stream, but there are some parts of the game I think would be worth seeing the reaction to. Quiet, whatever the name for Mantis child, The Man on Fire, Best Boy Diamond Dog, Teen Liquid.
I mean I expect she would do some "Stop it, No way" fangirl stuff and not really think about it past that lol. It could be funny to see how she reacts as absolutely none of that goes anywhere or leads to anything. The best reaction would be how the end of the game is just the opening tutorial mission again, followed by just ENDING with a majority of their dumbass retcons or lore additions getting a big old "uh.. To be continued? Maybe? We hope."

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Despair it is .png
I think we lost one in all this bullshitery

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Considering people have already pointed out that the same announcement (about Suisei) has been posted as 'original' multiple times in this thread, what're your thoughts on a thread dedicated to hiatuses/holidays/important activity announcements? One-Two week minimums so it doesn't get spammed with 'so-and-so rescheduled their collab' messages.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
This is how I deal with it:
1663375352607.png

What I do is; 1. open a tab for every stream I am slightly interested in.

That's all.

(those are not all vtuber streams, that also includes my general use tabs and things I just literally never close)

I have some streams that I want to pay attention to, and some that are good to just have in the background without needing to pay attention, and some that I want to just skip around in for the good bits (like Minecraft/Rust limited interaction 'collabs', these ones annoy me the most). I've honestly thought about going through and organizing them by game, for instance I have a tab for every single session of Cult of the Lamb that Regis has done, but have not watched a single one yet. Once I get a feel for the game I probably don't need to watch them all, but the various tabs are scattered all over my bar so I'll need to go hunting each tab down to close it. Or I could organize them by vtuber, or by series vs. one-off. But no, It's just a big (mostly chronological order) mess.

So, I *try* to get through a little bit every day and catch livestreams when I am able (gotta get my
1663375820575.png
reps in), but my backlog just keeps growing.

wew

Male hag love!
View attachment 426
I think we lost one in all this bullshitery

Man I was going to reach out to her right before the great troon wars happened. Hope she finds her way back here somehow.
RIP fujo sister may both of us somehow get into phase if you are still trying for that o7

Anyways cant wait for the worm stuff to happen and all the poor unicorns to seethe only 2 more hours

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Man I was going to reach out to her right before the great troon wars happened. Hope she finds her way back here somehow.
For some reason I thought you were her as she mentioned auditioning for vtuber gigs. If she hasn't been able to figure out Tor or the other domains she might be active on Azehra's channel?

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
Same. I'll usually put it as background noise while doing something else. If it's engaging I'll watch it all the way through and if not it's time for a nap, or do something else.

Considering people have already pointed out that the same announcement (about Suisei) has been posted as 'original' multiple times in this thread, what're your thoughts on a thread dedicated to hiatuses/holidays/important activity announcements? One-Two week minimums so it doesn't get spammed with 'so-and-so rescheduled their collab' messages.
Yes please!

Also, NotRussia has found legal advice and is suing her haters now. Probably following NotSenchou's steps and hoping to strike a win too.

moonlight

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter

In Pippa news it looks like she is streaming ERROR tonight. I'm interested to see how it looks.

Weird that I played this today. This is probably the ideal way to experience this game, by watching Pippa play it.

wew

Male hag love!
For some reason I thought you were her as she mentioned auditioning for vtuber gigs. If she hasn't been able to figure out Tor or the other domains she might be active on Azehra's channel?
Nah I'm the sperg lurker that went on a schizo rant about how Vesper was an indie orc I watched and I was right.
I have a few people where I watch most of their streams from start to finish but others I will play in the background or just watch for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom