Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
In which Nodoka maxes out her credit card on hosts

Weewewewewewe nanora

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I really just hate all reaction videos or channels regardless of topic or quality. It's bottom of the barrel shit.
There are some good reaction channels.

Is this Charlie's thing from now on. Just upload videos of the Latest Thing (tm) on youtube to be outraged at.
At some point, it is what most content creators default to. You get so big that people just want to hear your takes on X or Y thing. Even Asmongold does his fair share of reaction content.

So going through the billibilli interview and seeing how things got scrubbed quick, this seems like a high possibility. They both have a nervous energy while talking and both are very quick to apologize for seemingly innocuous things. The voice in the interview sounds more like one of the voices Grimmi uses here or there that she breaks into. I don't think it would be too hard to keep up a certain voice for a few hours if you were an experience voice actor (especially considering the Gaspar streams). Searching the name from the interview you can still see fragments of the tweets/twitter and writer is listed next to voice actress (Grimmi has written a book and waiting to publish it).
Twitter god killed and I have a feeling the Newgrounds will get killed too.

I never understand why so many of thses girls set up a second account, when they already have a cushy Hololive job that pays them well. Creating content for this account will just be extra work, it the eventual burnout really worth the 50k? escpcially if she could just do smooth sailing on Holo and still earn well. Do the japs need money that bad?
Given how some things have gone to shit, the smart thing to do is to have your alt. Yes, it is more work but at the same time, it is a safety net you have in case you fuck off and get kicked when your boyfriend eventually messages you on discord at your official Hololive Account.

What an innovative idea from Vox! Surely nothing can go wrong from this!

Seriously, how does he think this is a good idea? A small part of me is hoping that it'll be a chance for Vox to call out his fujos, but given his track record that almost certainly won't be the case.

That's going to be interesting. I bet people will somehow use this against him.

Does this tard not realize that asians view mental health as a bit of taboo thing to talk about?
Depends. Fujos love men that have mental issues. It's their version of the "I can fix him".

I refuse to click that bullshit half-assed video and give that low-effort, cringe, clout-chasing retard engagement.
Shit popped up on my feed (I don't follow him or Charlie) and I had a feeling it would be pretty bad. Guess I was right but at the cost of giving him a view I guess.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Seriously, how does he think this is a good idea? A small part of me is hoping that it'll be a chance for Vox to call out his fujos, but given his track record that almost certainly won't be the case.

for some reason im betting a single penny that ESL fujos wont care
But considering some of NIJIEN's non-chink fanbase is tumblr as hell there probably will be a fuckton of autism about this regardless

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Does this tard not realize that asians view mental health as a bit of taboo thing to talk about?
Well that's fucking shit. Toxic culture

GOTBB

If I remember correctly only Gura went to Calli rented place. Gura and Calli left the next day to meet with the others. Kiara also mentioned that Ame asked her aunt to pick up some In N Out and bring it to her place. In N Out only operates on the west coast and Nevada.
...and Houston, Texas.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Happy 450 here's the recap
Pages 1-52 Pages 52-101 Pages 101-159
Pages 313-350 Pages 350-400
The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
pages 400-450
Most media has been removed and can be found in the OPs as well as any post with a significant amount of information may be cut down
Edit: This one is a struggle to cut down any chance we could bump the character cap to 45k @The Proctor ? Or at least a character counter so I'm not blindly trying to reduce the length lol
*Kronii manager issue see OP*
*Astroneer collab see OP*
400 pages of madness. Still trying to decide if this was a good thing or not.
*Axel vampire survivor see OP*
*Atelier love and it's association with Ina's past life removed for length*
*Lui Baewatch see OP*
*Discussion on choosing between mature and cute Vtuber models*
*Hira hikari see OP*
*Saruei new outfit see OP*
*Artemis new outfit see OP*
*Dez turns on voice chat in OW see OP*
*Pippa Twitter space see OP*
*Athena loses patient see OP*
*Pippa PC rage see OP*
*8bitdrummer Astrogirl see OP*
*Kyo confession stream see OP*
*Capipippalitists call in to Twitter space see OP*
*Orihime self dox see OP*
[Tweet]
Niji participated in Japan's "National Advertisement Day Project" where they make ads celebrating the good points of their "rivals"
And they make one of SKE48 aka AKB48's sister group

Not an idol company btw
You guys were talking about Regus using his old League account, Maldni was also using his old Blizzard account for today's Overwatch stream. He has a golden gun or two, and it's physically impossible for him to have earned them between debut and now.
I wonder if management knows lol. Altare also may be using his old steam account for some things, given he had his Phasmo save still.

Also Astroneer collab is up. Vesper ended up joining in since Kobo is still sick with Covid. His words were "I think I will really like this game". Incoming building-game autism.
[Vids]

Multiview
There's a bit of extra context, he was pissed off at something even before streaming...

[Tweet]

Now personally, if I was angry, playing Overwatch would probably be the least helpful thing ever. But it sounds like he knew that and was willing to roll with it.
There's a low risk of reflection, but I'm still watching

*Pic*

Well dip me in hot sauce

*Trash bear thigh pic*
That just reminded me i just got this clip recommended and dont think it was discussed here
[Vid]

Enna health seems to be really bad, its hard to really grasp how serious it is based on Enna dark sense of humor making life threatening situation seems like a joke but really sounds like she doesn't get her life together she is gonna kick the bucket sooner rather than later.
*Namirin info see OP*
[Tweet]
If you told me Luna was a Dragonball Fan, I wouldn't have expected it.
Holostars 2nd act is live but I guess the free part is over soon. Tempus, Uproar and Risu, Iofi, Ollie plus Bae are watching it too.
[Vid]
*Radiollie see OP*
*Holostar concert see OP*
*A-Chan makes her own holotalk see OP*
[Tweet]

*Capcom grants mirror perms to holos see OP*

*Pic*
Koyori puts up DeepL slides and there is also a dedicated Asakoyo clipper. Apparently Koyori recently featured the Detective Diaries animation.
[Vid]
Yagoo talking about his chosen children's concert.

[Tweet]

TL:
Haachama talked about the message she sent for Kson's anniversary.
[Vid]
*Mikeneko vs Delutaya see OP*
So basically, the TL;DR of this is:

Mikoneko: Hey everyone, someone told me Delutaya was talking shit.
Delutaya: Yo WTF?
Mikoneko: Yep, got video evidence from this gossip streamer. I ain't showing shit or talking to you no more unless you lawyer up, bitch.
Delutaya: Aight. Hit my legal pal then.
Mikoneko: Nope, not talking or releasing shit to your lawyer either. I do have the "evidence" though! But I ain't releasing shit unless it becomes a court case.

Just Menhera Things.

Someone get the bitch on some meds please.
*Tostify drama see OP*
Gura RE showcase watchalong.
[Vid]

Gura while watching trailers for their games:
"Ooh! Is this Sonic?"
Ame is gonna be silently third-wheeling the PomuTori VR collab on Saturday as Bubba in the second half of the collab:
[Vid]
*Emma karaoke see OP*
=======

*Nina Kosaka. EA problems see OP*

HaneAme X Kiara, love to see it.
*Pic*

Kiara's thirst knows no bounds!

Also HaneAme has been invited to AFA Singapore as well.

*Fauna member zatsu see OP*
For those wondering "Why doesn't Pippa just build her own PC?"
*Pic*
Calli *just* announced a new song for the 31st, a collab with Japanese rapper "JP the wavy." That's the """big""" news from her Izakaya stream. 😅

Edit: And she just clicked the tweet button, so here it is officially.

[Tweet]
*Pizza papa new outfit see OP*
*About Kaela Karaoke see OP*
new Robot Pipkin dropped bout an hour ago.
[Vid]
*New myholotv member see OP*
[Tweet]

Now YOU can meet Namie for the low price of... ~$590 USD!

EDIT: I did not realize how weak the Yen is right now, might pre-order some figures
Nothing actually happened, but I just thought I should share one of the most interesting doxx clips I have came across.

This is Ame's PL reacting to Polka's PL, not realizing that they will be working under the same company in the future.
[Vid]
Local family dog, luckiest man alive in high school, and non-brain user Brian Syrios is about to suffer death via babysitting soon because Ragus can't take care of his sister so he makes his guildmates do it.

[Vid]
Kiara just sang DCL in todays members stream so I suppose she will sing it with Pomu during the collab too.
Kiara is planning a bunch more Niji collabs, we will see more soon. Shes thinking about a Niji Jackbox collab.
Kiara wanted to join a collab with Gura but the time was too late for her. Sametori denied again.
Gameplay now, I will update the post if anything of relevance comes up again.

Reminds me that this interaction happend in 2020:

[Tweet]

And then they ended up as coworkers, destiny is funny sometimes
The anime Ina's roommate did character designs for (the light novel of it, anyway) updated their site with key visuals:

The staff section also includes a comment by Nagu (Ina):

Mildly interesting, can't imagine what that would feel like.
Hag and sheep on a week long vacation soon:
[Vid]
[Tweet]
I question how vtubers somehow not realizing about their food or stuff having molds on i
[Tweets]
Dare I say it? Is Magni based?
Lia is going to cook a spider...
[Vid]
[Pic]
A li'l som'm...

[Tweet]
Games are mostly just a framework on which to hang Gura Noises.

Edit: Bandai Namco official channel in the chat.
*Talk about Kiara Zatsu*
Today's lesson: people with animal ears don't have human rights.
[Vids]
Pippas finally seen it
View attachment 3174
Anyway, the Magman finally got perms for Sonic Adventure's Escape from the City cover:

[Vid] *more Mikeneko vs Delutaya see OP*
For something less depressing than the crazy cat lady, Altare got Magni a graded copy of the first issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic. Needless to say, Magni was stoked.

[Pic]
On another note, stolen from /vt/, this is the stock of OtakuLamps and to no one surprise Gura sold out fast, actually all of myth but Kiara already sold out
[Pic]
Edit: Speaking of merch, Magni's Birthday stuff is up:

*Pics*
Also, I wonder why JP, EN, and Stars all have made-to-order merch, but ID does not...
Winning son Roberu and Oga calling in for Magni birthday. Pretty wholesome stuff. Magni has gotten 400 gifted subs so far this stream as well. Pretty crazy.
  • *Kronii member Zatsu and manager issue resolved see OP*
Technically people haven’t recently posted (Magni) birthday stream, so here
[VID]
Lmao goddamn it Risu starting early this year in Magni's stream.

"You have been visited by the Witch of Nut. Provide me with some nutty juice."
[Vid]

LOW EFFORT I KNOW YOU LURK HERE
SHAVE YOUR VIRGIN STACHE!!!!!!
[Pic]
Ollie.... Ollie... What the FAQ have you done?
As promised, Pochi new music video!

[Vid]
==
I might be late on this, but Polka is getting a new outfit on the 26th.
Dude what the fuck someone got Jaleel White to make a shoutout to Dez for his birthday.
This wasn't posted was it?
[Vid new stream overlap rules]
I thought it was always a thing they couldn't do.
*Maglord's Escape From The City cover + music video. See OP*
Vesper suffering right now, got dragged into play Valo with Kobo.
[Tweet]
Kusogaki looking to drag-in any and everyone.

*Pic*
*Holo recruiting track record see OP*
*Numbers see OP*
*Termination or graduation see OP*
*more Mikeneko vs Delutaya see OP*
[Vid Vox and Shylily collab]
[Pic]
(It's a mystery due to lack of context have fun)
[Vid]
Teaser for MaiR's Survivor
[Vid]

Kasane's return in less than 20 minutes, now not just silhouette. Glad the CocoTsuki content in the channel is still preserved.
[Vid]
*Nene 3D Live see OP*
*Mika info see OP*
Mari raided into Moonjellys last stream.
[Vid]

Edit: here is her twitlonger explaining the situation
*Lottery based fan meeting see OP*

Fubuki tweeted about it recently that the rule only applies to first debut stream and first 3D stream, after that it's up to the livers itself
also, HoloPro itself consists of Every Single branch under Cover instead of just hololive as pekora mentioned in the clip

Her tweet:
[Tweet
And more about our lovely wife. New original song and mv.
[Vid]
Ancient history/archives delving. But catching up, and around page 80 i went down the rabbit hole and stumbled upon one of the most interesting, open, and honest conversations between an unstoppable force and an immovable object. No spoilers. But its 24 minutes of pure gold.
[Vid]
*Mika info see OP*
Axel is streaming Apex with RPR again, and they were talking about RPR's romantic life this time around.
If you can stand the Apex, you are in for men talking feelings:

[Vid]
[Pic]
Didn't know twitter has those kind of "popular/unpopular" opinion thingie on posts. (twitter post link here)
Today is Froot's birthday!

*Pic of Froot*

As far as I remember, she will be streaming tonight after a visit from her RL mum.

======

As a reminder, bratty French sister gets her new... "Sister" costume today. It's probably her 5th or 6th costume overall, but when you're your own artist, hey why not?

*Pic*
(Nolan reviewing Shylily Vox Collab) that was fun. I heard them talk about memes, opening up as a VTuber, origin of their catchphrases, etc

I remember Kiara once saying she would like to collab with German speaking VTubers on her German channel. Imagine a Shylily and Kiara German collab
And I took this last night, I'd be surprised if Kobo hasn't already tweeted it herself, though. She had an ace one match and was asking people to clip it, regretting that she made it an unarchived stream:
[Pic]
And a meme was born (The V.E.S.P.E.R system)
[Tweet]
[Pic]
Hope this clip hasn't been posted yet.

[Vid]
[Tweet of DDK new bling]
I thought this was a Noel roommate thing at first. Nice jewelry, looks like it would go well with a Dia de los Muertos costume or something. That...is certainly a 3D reveal of sorts, for sure

[Vid]

Pomu may or may not have purchased a Metal Gear Solid 3 pachinko machine

Narrator's voice: "She totally did"
Pomutori collab
[Vids]
Repent sinners.
[Vid]
The day has come.
[Pic]
>Be me
>Watching the Pomutori collab
>Suddenly, @Nenelove kicks down my door, manically waving a machine gun
>"NO! NO UNITY! UNITYFAGS GET THE ROPE! TURN OFF THAT STREAM RIGHT NOW!!!"
Also today Azki roommate did her usual multistream concert with probably an old time friend vsinger because today's theme was harui songs, and she announced at the end that she formed a duo unit with her, so it explain the 3 albums announcement for M3.
[Vids]
[Vid]
Haven't watched this yet and I know she's used it before but I just wanted to say that this thumbnail gets me everytime it shows up in my recommends.

Some gold I found looking at Pippa's posts:

*Pics*
Magni covers Rip a little bit in his Subnautica stream and this clipper added a backing track
[Vid]
Idol from Kiara's old agency mentions her in interview
with Joey 15:42 she said that Takanashi Kiara is the only one of their group who has made it big
[Vid]
Someone made a Senzawa animation
[Vid]
Mamatori continues to be based and recommends mass effect
[Vid]
Pekora references Salome
[Vid]

I humbly request that you provide a brief description on embeds (like I've done above) so that when I do recaps I can more easily remove media without losing context, not necessarily for pics as I can see those while drafting the post it's stuff like YouTube and twitch embeds that just turn into links and I won't know what it links to without previewing (which I can't do when I've hit the character limit) thanks in advance for anyone who complies you don't have to but it would be a great help (otherwise you get mystery vids in the recap you have to go to the OP to see what it is like above in this recap)
also helps if your embed got privated or deleted like happened in my replies
*IRyS 2.0 deets see OP*
The YouTube algorithm recently picked up another shitposting Rabbit called Punkalopi one of her shorts got picked up and she started getting tons of subs out of the blue, I find her pretty funny she recently decided to start streaming on YouTube instead of twitch likely cause of the twitch revenue bs

Punkalopi
*Vids*
>Be me
>Watching Nene 2nd anniversary concert in my nenecorp brand boxers
>Disturbanceintheforce.mp3
>...
>MOTHERFUCKING UNITYFAGS!!
>Grabs nearest firearm and run out of house, still in underwear
>Locatingheresy.exe
>Bust down door, find negro

>Lasso with rope, hang from rafters
>All in a day's work
I didn't see anyone mention it but I think I heard Kiara and Pomu thanked calli for her help on "you know what" possible pomutori cover incoming?
Edit: Also some comments on the mag cover

[Pics]
and I laughed at this Pomutori super
[Pic]
[Vid]

Bae has gone full loli, much to the chagrin of many users here I suspect.
👀

[Pic no idea what it is tho]
[Vid]
Another rat cover
Lucy Pyre is now an official vtuber:

[Vid]

Looks like she took some inspiration from the Calli/Gura version and added some rapping to the instrumental sections.
[Vid]

Incoming collab with some Council girls (Fauna, Mumei and rat) and Haachamachamaaaaaa
*Homeland under attack again see OP*
no clip tax but here's one pon (old) man who accidentally pre-ordered two pekora nendo and only realized when it arrives
[Tweet]
  • *Fanfiction discussion see OP*
Also I completely forgot to post, my 3rd recap (pages 101-159) is finally here, and I actually need some feedback. Let's took this for example

My question is about explanations - they provide context, and in some cases they are several pages past the original [post]. Do you need those? My main doubt about them is not even the effort it takes to put them, but accessability - I browse on desktop, but I can imagine those numbers being a pain in the dick to click on phone. Also without any clue as to what they provide, maybe most users will not click them even on desktop.

So I can either:

1) Make them bigger for ease of phone-clicks - [one, two, three] for example
2) Make them detailed, as I already did with some:
3) Be gone with them entirely, if you need more info than original [post], you just read like a normal person someone with free time
Not a Moona online right now on twitch. Sing a songs.
[Vid]

Idk who is another girl with her.

Fkng mask, didn't recognise her.
Mazumaro finished his Ina vs Myth animation and is premiering it in about a week (SFX included this time)
[Tweet]
[Vid]
*Himawari details see OP*
*Ollie venting see OP*
*dtto wins award see OP*
Ado live on youtube now. Idk what she's talking about, but maybe someone will be interested. ^_^
[Vid]
*Japan bullying see OP*
Ragus schedule, with more Alban and a Vesper Altare collab for the first time in a little while. (Altare is trying to get his favorite son perms back...)

[Pic]
Panko is reviewing pizzas from fans. We'll see how long it takes before it turns into another Wemi's Toilet Review:
[Vid]
*IRyS month break visiting family*
Just found out about this but Yuni Luna ( :unsure:) started posting some NovelAI stuff on twitter yesterday.

*Tweets*
Everyones favorite squibby war criminal is starting her birthday stream.
[Vid]
Airi, Nako, Kirsche, Reiny, Rumi, Lumi, and Miia called into Yuris birthday stream.
So that this post isnt too short; here some info: Kiara will likely release a new Cover song next week.
Kronii shilling this VN. She has a voice-roll as one of the characters. (Obviously not credited as Kronii though.)

*Pic*
Magni schedule. To note, they are doing a Halloween collab of some sort on Thursday. "Attack of the Weremags"? Maybe a Magni themed werewolf-type hidden traitor game?
*Pic*
That predatory AI has become a NijiYamanba
View attachment 3331
Why Alban Knox? I know very little of Niji outside of whats posted here so I have no idea how big Knox is.
[Vid]
Here's the voice acting trailer featuring her I might have to check this game out it looks cute

Edit: my friend informed me of a recent graduation (Aozora Kurumi) any info on this girl and if she might be in EN3?
[Tweet]
Add this one to the recent graduation list as well:

[Tweet]
Lot a chuuba birthdays today. In addition to Yuri it's also Allbonesjones, Professor Pavlo, Sah, and Morikos Birthdays apparently.
Tsunderia's Inukai Purin new outfit NOW!
[Vid]
New Sony group
Dev-d 10/29
[Pic]
Don't think this got posted already, but I could have glossed over it.
[Vid]

8bitdrummer is great.
*Vesper member zatsu see OP*
[Rie Head Dox ]
Hime gave chat a little head
What the fuck? She even has a minion joker model that actually has rigging.
[Pic]
The Holostars Manager Shinove has announced he will be stepping down on the 31st. (see OP)

[Tweet]
The last GGNLive Schedule.

[Pic]
New Azulim's (Azumalim) video in a few hours. She is a vtuber who doing irl stuff streams with vtube model. Her videos often have English subtitles.
[Vid]
Well they apparently also thought about the hype.
Also bigger Collab in the works

[Vid]
*Nayuta higurashi cover*
*Ame timezone dox?*
*Enna higurashi karaoke see OP*

[Vid]
*Cool wallpaper*
Here is a timestamp where Ame talked about why she has been doing more collabs.
[Vid]
*Grimmi possible dox*

Last edited:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Even the blind can see that Lily was best girl and had the best route (the girl doesn't have problems that you need to fix, you're the one who needs to open up to others about your own problems).
Lily gang rise up!
----------------------------
From the end of Fauna's and Bae's stream:
  • Fauna scripted ASMR premiere either Wednesday or Thursday
  • Fauna's first SOLO cover song coming on Saturday! (don't think she said what she's singing yet though) This is announcement 3 out of 4 that Fauna has teased for this month.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I never understand why so many of thses girls set up a second account, when they already have a cushy Hololive job that pays them well. Creating content for this account will just be extra work, it the eventual burnout really worth the 50k? escpcially if she could just do smooth sailing on Holo and still earn well. Do the japs need money that bad?
Diversify for the future. Yamada Darkness is young and quite aware that the hololive ride isn't forever. But most importantly she knows all of her brand cannot be tied to holo as when she eventually graduates, and that is a certainty with all vtubers, all she'll be left with are her sidegigs that she undertook, such as this fantia page.
I can't fault her because I would do the exact same thing; having Yagoo take 30% of what I make is one thing, having Susan Horsefucker take a bigger bite, then being taxed, and no wonder you see Noel posting her tits, AZKi still keeping an IRL office job, etc. And to answer the final question, yes the JPs need money really bad, especially now in faggotworld inflation crisis-time.

With that said, you still see vtubers punching in, clocking out like it's a job at the auto assembly line. The bare minimum, no passion or enthusiasm left. Maybe a sponsored game or tie in stream, then that's it. Again I don't fault them because entertainment is a clown's life, it'll devour your soul and drive you into some form of narcotic or some other vice as coping mechanism.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Unfortunately the Calli/Kobo stream has been deleted. Hot damn it looked like a mess, but it sure sounds funny though.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Over the past 2 months she's apparently been getting spicier and spicier. She, uhh... there's no tactful way to say this... she has been what I'll call 'lightly masturbating' and increasingly she's been more forward with the nipple play. If what her threads on 4chan say are correct, I'd give her up to 2 years before she's actually showing off all her goods. If she goes full menhera she might even go more hardcore. Now, I usually wouldn't just regurgitate 4chan info as fact, but like I said before I don't handle her brand of asmr very well and I haven't verified this stuff beyond the images they've posted. So take it with a grain of salt.

There's always the chance that she likes it and just wants to do more of it, or maybe she wants a safety net? If you told me I could make more money just by doing something I like to do, then in my opinion there's no reason not to do so. As long as you are willing to put in the work I can't really see any downside.

Two years is a highly conservative window. I kind of wonder if Cover would actually keep her on if she went full hardcore. I know they've said something in the past about not interfering in talents personal lives but do they actually mean it?

I doubt he really understands what the core issues plaguing his major audience is.

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
Unfortunately the Calli/Kobo stream has been deleted. Hot damn it looked like a mess, but it sure sounds funny though.
Only the Calli side, Kobo's is still up and linked in the video description of that clip.

vestars20

Early Adopter
Not that i necessarily want to ultra-necro this, but i just got recommended the clip of suisei singing treasure box.

She's obviously a great singer, but her kinda struggling with it really makes me appreciate Marine's vocal range so much more.
I don't hear her brought up that often when people discuss best singers in Hololive, but I personally much prefer her 'unique' voice over pretty much anyone in Holo. The way she switches from low to high / from cute to sexy voice a lot is really impressive to me.

If only her english was better she could pump out some killer soul / swing covers (don't really know if there's a lot of japanese songs in that direction).

I'm also not caught up on her karaoke streams so maybe that will shift my opinion on her a bit more, kind of a shame she talks too fast for me to keep up in japanese in her normal streams.

Also left in the remark about Kiara and NijiEN, crazy how in a month we can go from 'maybe someday' to 'ah this was 2 days ago'

Clip tax from kusogaki collab.

You would like the ravenclaw reacts videos where she breaks down why Suisei is such a great singer. As far as Marine's songs they are heavily produced so I would imagine they are hard to sing. It's not a knock on Marine, listen to her karaokes, it's just a style choice. Her first video about Hololive is really insightful
Amiya rare ASMR streams are pretty great because it's usually just her reading things while the chat gets comfy or tries to make her snort in laughter - there was a stream where she read an issue of Nintendo Power, Charlotte's Web or recently some spooky prose and poetry. Pretty much zero coombaiting but that's a given since it's Ami.
I suspect ASMR "purists" might disagree whether those types of stream qualify as real ASMR - especially since she doesn't needlessly invest in overly expensive microphones just because they're hyped in the community - but no dreamweaver or bucko really cares. Ami content is great as it is.
Note that a bucko wrote all of this so it's definitely a very subjective take.

And speaking of
Her ASMR reading of the short story she wrote had me feeling weird. Funny enough she was so nervous she rushed the storytelling so that made two of us.
The roleplay video

ASMR is a catch all for audio focused streams/videos but shouldn't be. Noel spent a shit ton of money to fine tune her output and we all understand what her goals are.

While Ophelia Midnight uses just a 3dio to accomplish more traditional audio responses. She also graduated from an acting school, does linguistic studies/exercises so she has a different set of tools to accomplish her goals. I use her cause I recently got hooked on her vtuber voice studies and find her supremely wholesome even if she slips in fanservice now and then.

They both do audio streams and often people dismissing "ASMR" are not exploring the talents intentions/backgrounds.

All that to say: Ami is doing audio focused streams that are fun for her and her chat and that is super cool.
New Azulim's (Azumalim) video in a few hours. She is a vtuber who doing irl stuff streams with vtube model. Her videos often have English subtitles.

Thanks, she is a treasure.
I'm glad Laplus isn't sore at Kobo for spilling that they played with the Stars off-stream. (Kobo might have asked beforehand if it was okay, but she doesn't seem like the type.) Imagine if Kobo had done that to Rushia.
Highly doubt Rushia would have collabed without explicit requests as she took, and continues to take, her characters very seriously. It's sort of the whole reason she gets into trouble. Think of her as the opposite of Mori who just wants to have fun screwing around streaming - aka the very funny cuckbeats post.

Even if Ami and her chat could be considered mutually parasocial, I'd consider it overall harmless. If anything, it seems to be making Ami very happy, and just speaking as an invested viewer I'm glad that she's happy.

As long as nothing progresses beyond where it is I think Ami's in a good place. I think we tend to conflate "parasocial" with crazy assholes and consider it a negative at all times, forgetting situations like Ami's exist where, yeah, none of you know each other, but you're in a mutually communicative relationship where you're uplifting each other. That kind of parasocial relationship is fine, maybe even a little healthy. Korone's another example of this; she's someone who tends to stream when she's going through a lot rather than take time off for "mental health" because her chat makes her feel better, lifts her mood, and she feels a connection and obligation to them. And she seems happier for it, having credited this relationship to keeping her from giving up multiple times.

TL;DR sometimes parasocial relationships are good, in moderation.
The only people who can figure out if a parasocial relationship is good are the two individuals. The streamer and you, the consumer. Some streamers make it easier or harder to tell what their intentions are though. Korone for example hides the names of the chat participants in an attempt at equality - can't tell who is a member or what the names of the commenter are when she reads a comment. That and her stoplight that indicates how frustrated chat is with her gameplay are some of what makes watching streams so fun. I love when chuubas show their idiosyncrasies, creativity and personalities.

As for Ami, her community seems tight knit and very mature, probably as a side effect of playing retro games. Exploring, expanding and deepening community bonds could be seen as "parasocial" but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I catch her streams and laugh cause she is a goofball.

Edited cause I originally wrote this fucking manifesto on a phone.

Last edited:

Lurker No. 9

There are some good reaction channels.

Agreed, Aussie woman good. Nice to find a knowledgeable, nuanced view on anything music-related in the sphere when most of it is clout chasing on either end of the positivity spectrum from people I wouldn't trust to sell me an album at the store.

Plus her neuron activation when Suisei first hits her in the King video was so genuine I can't help but like her. Glad she was dragged into the hole, hope she keeps at it.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Twitter god killed and I have a feeling the Newgrounds will get killed too.
Twitter was already scrubbed by the time I saw the thread.
All I could find of it
Screenshot_20221024-170357_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20221024-170551_Brave.jpg

https://en.whotwi.com/Rikolo3D/tweets/user/aero_buddy

Again I wont say for sure this is Grimmi, but the timing of the accounts getting scrubbed and the /vt/ thread was suspicious.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Corpo vtuber work differs from most internet personalities' online presence in that the moment their character is graduated their sources of passive income like ad revenue on old videos, music and merch sales etc. dry up; and they can't simply retire one project and explicitly direct their existing fans to a new one. If they don't already have an established 'roommate' persona as an open secret at that point they're back to square one with marketing themselves.

Calli/Demondice might be the most immediate "yeah that's obviously her" case that comes to mind but keeping the DD persona alive's an incredibly smart move business-wise. She has one persona with corporate backing and another with creative freedom giving her options for any project she wants to work on, and because it's so transparent that a not-insignificant portion of even her normie fans know it's her she can retire the Hololive gig whenever she wants and still have an audience.

It makes sense the other girls want that kind of job security; I think anyone who wants to work in entertainment long-term should keep their options open.

It'll be successful short-term at least because the crazy women who orbit him will throw money at their poor internet boyfriend because he's sad.

Will that backfire when they study the exact mental conditions he has to figure out the perfect way to psychologically manipulate him into depending on them? Probably.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Nux reminds me of people I met in college who obviously weren't bullied enough in Highschool.

Remember:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
On the contrary; I'm positive he *was* bullied in high school and it probably contributed to his insufferable insecurity...

PekoWick

Apparently laplus is setting up a singer group called milkiss.
she also has a fantia and will sell shit she writes.

Also has a 50k yen plan in her fantia which is where the leak of her shit cosplay comes from
(this one i shared on the homeland).
View attachment 3405

Her group consists of holo RM no? Rbc, matsu, shion if i remember correctly. I remember reading this few weeks ago in a JP site.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter

Was it deleted? Or did they just remove some yab...

Looks like it is the same stream as this, right?

As a side note, more related to the clip you posted, but man... Kobo got the right character. Imagine if that person had the penguin blacksmith avatar or the secret agent avatar while acting like that. It just wouldn't fit right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom