"What is TTYL? What is it? OK I'm gonna make my own... wait... 'Tender Tentacle Yummy Lissotto' ah wait, lissotto is with an 'r'"Meloco Kyoran

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Ok, what is a mango cart or a hot sauce mango?

Because she has the "poor" mentality. When you have been poor most of your life you learn to deal with shitty living situations by just ignoring it. "IM SAVING A TON OF MONEY SO ITS FINE"
I grew up poor but the one thing I never skimped on was not living in the ghetto. I lived in a few less than stellar places, but if I hear gunshots near by I'm out.

@Reticule how do you feel about pippa seeing nikokado cock before yours
You gonna let him disrespect your future wife like this
You people are a bunch of degenerates.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Gamefreak: after the mandatory tutorial and fake rival cutscenes, the player is free to roam the world and catch pokemon
Producer: fix that, holy shit you idiot, fix that
Gamefreak: *mandatory academy/school tour with a hundred cutscenes and .txt dumps*

It shouldn't be funny to watch 4 grown men suffer like this.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Tempus guild are suffering from Pokemon story, Vesper just wants to catch a Pokemon, Axel is malding that his professor isn't a hot milf and is a Chadicus version of RPR, and Magni is really magging out from all this talking while Altare is just trying to keep it all together.

Are we going to lose Pokemon perms Tempura?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
How does anyone reach adulthood without consuming a single orange?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
When has the pokemon lore ever been anything else than fucking trash... Mystery dungeon is the only odd one out with a great narrative.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Ensok

Early Adopter
Listening to these two talk is like staring into an alternate dimension.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Lia and Pippa are incapable of structured streams and they go against their strength of free-form train of consciousness.
Zatsudan master race.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
When has the pokemon lore ever been anything else than fucking trash... Mystery dungeon is the only odd one out with a great narrative.
Pokemon has a cool setting in-theory, but the stories just suck 95% of the time. Pokemon is a series with a lot of narrative potential if you dig deep but it is a story made for babies so nothing ever happens. Gen 5 also had a decent story.

Also the Pokemon manga is pretty good for what it is, Red's Eevee for example was a genetic abomination that just random switched what evolved form it was due to experimentation that Red rescued from. It wasn't until it eventually was able to be fixed and it settled as an Espeon. Green was stolen from pallet town as a child by Ho-oh who was controlled by the antagonist of the gen 2 arc, and she later refound her home and stole her Squirtle. Half the gym leaders in Kanto were part of Team Rocket and Team Rocket was actually a threat that did stuff.

The Pokemon manga is pretty brutal by Pokemon standards.

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
How does anyone reach adulthood without consuming a single orange?

...be an Eskimo? Only answer I can come up with.

Be Ina:

- "Wah" repeatedly

- Ends stream

- Mumbles "Irish wristwatch?" three times

- Refuses to elaborate

- Leaves

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Haven't watched the Airi pokemon stream but she has gotten about $1k in super chats. Still not sure why the fuck membership is not open to her despite her having monetization.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Does anyone else ever feel like not watching vtubers play your favorite games?

For example, I’ve been playing the Pokémon games for almost 20 years now and have probably sunk thousands of hours into the series as I’m interested in competitive battling, nuzlocking, shiny hunting, etc.

I have no intention of watching any Pokémon SV streams honestly. It’s kind of frustrating to watch how casual players do things sometimes. The fact that I’m talking about a kids game isn’t lost on me, I know.

I’ve also felt the same way when vtubers play Rimworld or RTS games like Starcraft, C&C, AoE, etc.
Depends. If they're engaged with the story or paying attention to consequences of their choices, that's exactly what I want to see, even if they make mistakes confidently. One thing I like is watching JPs play EN games like Hades or Slay the Spire. Sakamata's streams of those two games are currently my favourite streams of hers. I can't understand much of what she's saying, but I know those games well enough to know she's paying attention. Seeing her speechless at Eurydice's song got to me.

Also maybe it helps that I can't tell if chat is being retarded. At the same time, she can read English. Hence I can post my obviously 100% correct instructions in peace.

Re: chat retardation + Slay the Spire sperging
I had similar reactions watching Tenma play Slay the Spire. Some of these mouthbreakers had the audacity to say The Watcher is the worst character in Slay The Spire, even though The Watcher has the highest winrate by a sizable margin across the four character if you know how to play her, or when they said Ironclad is balanced but Silent is broken despite Silent being marginally the worst character because of all the jank Silent has that doesn't compliment each other. The card choices were just as bad too.

Chat is almost always varying degrees of dumb, but phase connect chats feel exceptionally retarded with their takes sometimes though maybe that's just because they move slow enough that I can read all of them at all times.
To be fair, those are very common sentiments about the characters. The idea that cards must synergise seems to "click" better the first time people see the Silent's shivs, compared to the first time people play the Ironclad. I also still have my worst performance on the Watcher and if you asked me why I'd say exactly what you said about the Silent - I can't figure out her synergies.

Chat is definitely often retarded. But there was this moment in Vesper's first Into the Breach stream (which was also his first time playing the game) where he asked something and the chat filled up with "yes" and "no" simultaneously and he was like "Which is it?! I see exactly 50:50." The thing is, I've gotten victories on Unfair and I didn't understand the question, and there's latency between him rephrasing the question and chat picking it up again, and so on.

You mean the EN branch, right? ID and JP shouldn't be roped into the "curse".
I mean

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Akasupa wave, holy fucking shit.
Lia says she'll read a cancerous fanfic for $1k.
$600 $764 appears within 3 minutes.

1k in like 5 minutes, fishman drowning in his own caviar at seeing the numbers go up

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Pippa makes one joke and over 700$ worth of akasuppas come rolling instantly, and yet fish fuck can't figure out how to pay his talent so they don't have to work at Starbucks while streaming.

Edit: Well over 1,000$ in just akasuppas and some random smaller super chats.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Akasupa wave, holy fucking shit.
Lia says she'll read a cancerous fanfic for $1k.
$600 $764 appears within 3 minutes.

1k in like 5 minutes, fishman drowning in his own caviar at seeing the numbers go up
Pippa makes one joke and over 700$ worth of akasuppas come rolling instantly, and yet fish fuck can't figure out how to pay his talent so they don't have to work at Starbucks while streaming.

Edit: Well over 1,000$ in just akasuppas and some random smaller super chats.
Never underestimate chat's autism. Lia (un)fortunately did just that.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
pngegg (12).png

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Haven't watched the Airi pokemon stream but she has gotten about $1k in super chats. Still not sure why the fuck membership is not open to her despite her having monetization.
Probably the same reason she wasn't getting monetized before whatever the reason someone at YouTube doesn't like her, and fishman is probably gonna have to throw another shit fit at them again for her to get monetized.

Dear god I just tuned to LIa/Pippa stream I think Pippa went to find some bleach, plz bring me some please.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I've heard of My Immortal but never this atrocity that Lia just read.

1668833247032.png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom