"Pack it up, skittle squad. It's not a phobia, it's a natural revulsion"Lia Rinkou

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Honestly if the fish is so terrible why don't the sadgirls just gtfo? A few of them have enough success as it is to probably jump ship rn if they wanted...

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
As we know, Phase is gearing up to launch a Gen3 while his Gen2 girls can't even earn enough to survive without additional sources of income which is a rather bad idea as it dilutes the existing fanbase that many of them share and probably will ultimately make it harder to sell substantial merch of any one character.
The retarded fishmongoloid also used Shiina as an actual art slave for like 8 months after hiring her on as a Vtuber, and I can't imagine she was getting paid that well on that front, seeing as she's getting jack shit as an actual onscreen talent.

Also shit nigga, I can't imagine that Lia, Nasa, or Da Michi are making enough money to survive off of donos, and we haven't even gotten to Gen 2.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Honestly if the fish is so terrible why don't the sadgirls just gtfo? A few of them have enough success as it is to probably jump ship rn if they wanted...
Same reason so many women stay in relationships where they get beat on a daily basis - they don't think they deserve better and have fucked up decision making because of it

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Same reason anyone stays at a job that might not be great for them, it's not just the pay, it's the fear of change people innately have. I think that's part of the fish's genius, sad girls aren't known for their self esteem or self preservation.

The retarded fishmongoloid also used Shiina as an actual art slave for like 8 months after hiring her on as a Vtuber, and I can't imagine she was getting paid that well on that front, seeing as she's getting jack shit as an actual onscreen talent.

Also shit nigga, I can't imagine that Lia, Nasa, or Da Michi are making enough money to survive off of donos, and we haven't even gotten to Gen 2.
Wait, what's this about being an art slave? I don't really know my Shiina lore despite liking her when I do watch her.

From what I understand Lia lives with her mom still, so she's probably not as hard up, but yea the JP talent is probably in a world of hurt.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
She's a bit more unapologetic about things and what/how she says them so I really appreciate her for that. She's a similar but different flavor of menhara. Somewhat retarded, but not self destructive and aware of things. I suppose that might be how I phrase it lol
A haghera, if you will.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Wait, what's this about being an art slave? I don't really know my Shiina lore despite liking her when I do watch her.
I'm not 100% sure on the exact times, but Gen2 was hired and had their debuts delayed (for some reason) for 6-8 months, during which time Shiina did a bunch of artist work for PC, some merch off the top of my head, and the gen2 debut animation.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Bear playing spooky bear games.

So far she hasn't Markiplier her reactions to it.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I couldn't imagine the weird influx XI would have if Vesper got perms for it, but I think it'd hugely filter people and be miserable to watch. Even as someone that would unironically reactivate my account for the chance to sit in Valkurm with Vesper, I would have a hard time watching it. You need to be a certain kind of masochist to even play in the first place.
I know modern day retail FFXI is extremely streamlined and easy to level in right now, trust NPCs are really powerful (probably better then most players tbh) and make all the leveling content you'd need to group for much easier. I also think they nerfed or made Maat much easier to handle so that might not filter many people like it did in the ye old days. It isn't until the end of the game that all the masochism comes back.

Still the PS2 era graphics and obvious age of the systems would probably deter most stream watchers from playing it. Vesper I think has the charisma when he's in his autism happy place to make it watchable for an audience, but I doubt most would seriously play it especially given people have strong aversion to sub based MMOs.

Also Tempus Pokemon is going to be a 4 WAY soul link nuzlocke with all the boys (Either it'll be two different duos or all four will be soul linked to each other), I didn't quite piece it together what was going on until Vesper talked about it earlier today. Here is the waiting room.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Counterpoint:
:fishfry:

Jk you make a reasonable case about streamer profits depending a lot on viewer generosity but at the same time there is a lot more the fish could do for them to help out. Hiring more managers for one could help them get a more coherent schedule so there aren't so many missed opportunities to capitalize, reduced stress typically leads to more productivity, and there are things that the girls can't help but that are fish responsibilities like marketing and sponsorships etc.
More managers would be a good idea, IMO. Won't argue with that. As for PC's effort, we see things like anime/music convention booths and clip compilations on the main channels, so there is some effort there by PC to promote both the company and lower-viewed talents. It's hard to know if this is a reasonable effort against their income though.

I also know he paid Shiina for an art commission for Tenma the other day, which Shiina was sharing on a recent stream. There's also merchandise runs. I'm not sure what else PC does or how the money is broken down since that stuff is typically hidden from sight from us, and I'm only a casual follower of hers.

Last thought: given her life experience and general intelligence and maturity, Shiina doesn't strike me as someone who would be in an unreasonable contract with PC. And she's left shitty work situations before, if it's that bad I can see her doing it again.
Well first of all, fuck the fish.

As for your point, you're not wrong, but here's my take on why it's Fishman's fault. As we know, Phase is gearing up to launch a Gen3 while his Gen2 girls can't even earn enough to survive without additional sources of income which is a rather bad idea as it dilutes the existing fanbase that many of them share and probably will ultimately make it harder to sell substantial merch of any one character.

Also, I could be wrong on this, but does Phase really do much to promote their talent? I know they made a Halloween music video which was nice and some trailers, but outside of Pippa who gets things like Wonder AI (which came to them by chance), it doesn't feel like the company is really going out of their way to provide value to their talent. Even the Halloween merch really wasted any opportunity to do something like limited edition stands featuring the girls in costumes.

I get that with a first gen when the company doesn't have stable footing you have to make compromises, but once you're taking auditions for a gen 3 you should probably insure your previous two generations are taken care of. That or just structure it more like a contractor thing or something where the talent has more say in how they handle their things such as merch and more.

Edit: And well, it also sounded like Shiina was working her butt off, in part because of management, so it's not like she's just slacking off, considering it caused a breakdown in both her and Pippa so far.

Anyway, that's my lucid moment for the day, back to being a fix her schizo.
:pippasquish::icanfixher: it's hard :pippasquish:
Phase 3 is a mixed bag for the previous gens. You've discussed the negatives pretty well. Positives are that there will be more attention and press for the company as a whole and on the talents that currently work there, and new viewership for debuts comes not just from the current fanbase, but from outside the company as well. New members also collab with previous gens and that gives new viewers to old streamers. New talent also means extra experience and knowledge, and also means more talent and work-hours to spread around for the secret projects vtuber companies seem to love. Phase 3 is also recruiting for Japan so they're giving support for their Japanese streamers, who definitely need it and those won't be taking views from the current roster.

So will this mean Shiina, Pippa and everyone else are worse off, better off, or roughly break even? No idea, to be honest.

As for Shiina and Pippa working their behinds off on a secret project, I would think it's something favourable for them. These type of projects help attract attention, new viewers and I would imagine makes them money too for being part of the project. Hopefully it works out well for them.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
As for PC's effort, we see things like anime/music convention booths and clip compilations on the main channels, so there is some effort there by PC to promote both the company and lower-viewed talents. It's hard to know if this is a reasonable effort against their income though.
There was a problem with that though, the Phase Connect channel has multiple editors for it, but the talents don't actually have access to them, meanwhile Fish pushes some of them to put out daily videos, while the PC channel uploads like one short and one 5 minute video a week, on a good week. Pippa talked about it when she broke down during the WoW stream.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
If you want to avoid pokemon content, Tomoe streaming west of loathing

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Also Tempus Pokemon is going to be a 4 WAY soul link nuzlocke with all the boys (Either it'll be two different duos or all four will be soul linked to each other), I didn't quite piece it together what was going on until Vesper talked about it earlier today. Here is the waiting room.

As much as I loathe watching this shit...I'll actually watch this. A 4 way soul link with the boys invites chaos of the highest order.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I'm not 100% sure on the exact times, but Gen2 was hired and had their debuts delayed (for some reason) for 6-8 months, during which time Shiina did a bunch of artist work for PC, some merch off the top of my head, and the gen2 debut animation.
I remember seeing this in Shiina's lore video, just assumed it was a bit at the time but now... imagine my shock that the company that constantly jokes about itself being a black company was actually a black company the whole time :depressedtako:

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
As much as I loathe watching this shit...I'll actually watch this. A 4 way soul link with the boys invites chaos of the highest order.
So who gets their collective starter killed first? My money is on either Axel or Magni, Altare probably actually can play Pokemon because this was his idea and Vesper is a cautious autist. Magni has probably the worst gamer skill of the four even in games you'd think that he would be good at, and I have no idea how careful Axel will be. It is current age Pokemon, but you can still lose Pokemon sometimes if you're reckless or don't play around random crits, and with 4 way soul link rules that could be utter chaos.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

LET'S GOOOOO! this looks like it'll be very fun

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Phase 3 is a mixed bag for the previous gens. You've discussed the negatives pretty well. Positives are that there will be more attention and press for the company as a whole and on the talents that currently work there, and new viewership for debuts comes not just from the current fanbase, but from outside the company as well. New members also collab with previous gens and that gives new viewers to old streamers. New talent also means extra experience and knowledge, and also means more talent and work-hours to spread around for the secret projects vtuber companies seem to love. Phase 3 is also recruiting for Japan so they're giving support for their Japanese streamers, who definitely need it and those won't be taking views from the current roster.

So will this mean Shiina, Pippa and everyone else are worse off, better off, or roughly break even? No idea, to be honest.

As for Shiina and Pippa working their behinds off on a secret project, I would think it's something favourable for them. These type of projects help attract attention, new viewers and I would imagine makes them money too for being part of the project. Hopefully it works out well for them.
I just think if your main method of advertisement for existing talent is debut hype of new talent it won't end well in the long run. I just don't think the company is actively working on growth for existing talent like it should.

There was a problem with that though, the Phase Connect channel has multiple editors for it, but the talents don't actually have access to them, meanwhile Fish pushes some of them to put out daily videos, while the PC channel uploads like one short and one 5 minute video a week, on a good week. Pippa talked about it when she broke down during the WoW stream.
It also just doesn't make much sense to have that be the main and only advertising method for your talent as it depends on people knowing the company and does not necessarily bring in outside views. It's great for new talent once the company name is well known, but at this stage Pippa probably brings in more spill over views to the other girls than the PC channel.

Just A Plant

Lurkin
Early Adopter
In general I really like watching vtubers play games that I personally enjoy for the first time, mainly because it's -in my opinion- refreshing seeing how someone handles themselves and watching them be surprised and/or interested in whatever's happening in the moment. That said, man, I gotta agree at least partly with all of you because, while I understand that you can't be have all your brain power dedicated on playing the game (having to actually be entertaining, reading chat, etc.), sometimes it takes the force of every single single atom in my body to not get mad at 1: The streamer not paying attention at all, and 2: chat somehow being unbelievably stupid every. Single. Time.

Otherwise the next best thing is being someone like Vesper who just knows the game and can explain it to you while performing play by play commentary like he did with FTL.
Stuff like this, watching someone play a game that they genuinely love and them being eager to actively sperg about it is some of the best stuff of the medium. I watched Vesper's 8 hour FTL back to back which is something I haven't done in a long time, I was enthralled, man.

Okay, this is actually a really interesting concept, I give it 20 minutes until the starter gets killed. :SelenHAHAhere:

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
Holy shit Tempus made their own 4 way POV stream so we don't have to use Holodex, how kind of them.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Well shit, wouldya look at that? Unique.

Untitled.png

Vesper: "I'm not reading any of this dialogue. I'm just looking at the mom."
and Axel keeps gushing over his 10 year old character and talking about how cute she is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom