"(Does chat creep you out?) never. Do you know how many times I had to bring up armpits before they started to ‘get it’? Their libidos are shot, I’m telling you. This is why I had to grow breasts- for their sakes"Mozumi Pichi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Does anyone else ever feel like not watching vtubers play your favorite games?

For example, I’ve been playing the Pokémon games for almost 20 years now and have probably sunk thousands of hours into the series as I’m interested in competitive battling, nuzlocking, shiny hunting, etc.

I have no intention of watching any Pokémon SV streams honestly. It’s kind of frustrating to watch how casual players do things sometimes. The fact that I’m talking about a kids game isn’t lost on me, I know.

I’ve also felt the same way when vtubers play Rimworld or RTS games like Starcraft, C&C, AoE, etc.
It gets a bit frazzling watching them make obvious mistakes that are easily rectified by doing five minutes of research. But watching Pippa play Escape From Tarkov with Whiskey Project was funny as fuck (that poor dude getting one-shotted by her, imagine the sheer embarrassment of getting blown away by a mold rabbit)
I think my autism posts whenever a vtuber I follow touches a character action game make that pretty clear. Except Axel, Axel was pretty decent at DMC3.
My advice: If you play something/played something, and you had above-average skill within the context of the game/genre..

..Don't watch an anime girl on the Internet play it. It just leads to you saying "..Airi, jfc dogwoman", "Pippa, for fuck's sake," "Lamy you drunken dumbass," "Lumi you fucking retard," or "Tenma shut the fuck up and read you dyslexic illiterate drunk."

The entire stream. As she fails to do basic things, shows no progression in skills or knowledge, etc. Soulsborne games were painful with a lot of girls. Poor play in FFXI/XIV is just rage-inducing. Also anything story-focused like Nier/Drakengard (>don't read text >wats going onnnnnnn?????!).

For games I have no intention of playing/don't care about, the inability to tolerate ineptitude doesn't exist. Despite the hate commonly expressed for it, Among Us is probably the perfect game for a lot of women. Same with Rust (RIP) and the like. Pippa has a talent for making something like Nightmare of Decay entertaining solely by virtue of her comedic talent.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I had this issue when Tenma streamed Darkest Dungeon. In her defense, that game is incredibly punishing when you don't know what you're doing and takes a lot of investment to truly "solve", but my sheer autism overpowers any sort of understanding I can have for her and makes it unwatchable for me.

Ironically, this makes me want to watch her pokemon stream when I wouldn't have otherwise.
I click on the link, skip to about 6:08 and am immediately greeted with "Why are my eyes fucking retarded?" :pikaWUT:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

For example, I’ve been playing the Pokémon games for almost 20 years now and have probably sunk thousands of hours into the series as I’m interested in competitive battling, nuzlocking, shiny hunting, etc.

I have no intention of watching any Pokémon SV streams honestly. It’s kind of frustrating to watch how casual players do things sometimes. The fact that I’m talking about a kids game isn’t lost on me, I know.

I’ve also felt the same way when vtubers play Rimworld or RTS games like Starcraft, C&C, AoE, etc.
I used to be a competitive fighting game player for years (Street Fighter 4, MvC3, Guilty Gear) and honestly, watching Calli and Ina play Guilty Gear was fun. They both slowly got comfortable with inputting commands, basic ideas like whiff punishing/anti-airing and chat wasn't as obnoxious as it could be because no one plays fighting games lol. FGs have a high learning curve right from the start so I know not to go in expecting much. It helped that the new GG game does a decent job at teaching beginners.

Though fighting games aren't popular with vtubers or most streamers in general so it's easy for me to just enjoy it when it does happen. It was also nice to see Subaru get better in Persona 4 as her playthrough went on. Chat was a little more annoying with that but she straight up disabled it towards the end of the game. :smugsubaru:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Counterpoint: watch Okayu speedrun through Mario 64 like she's in ESA. Or Luna when she gets her hands on a street fighter title.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Didn't see this posted yet so linking it here from the homethread. Regarding Sena Bonbon https://kiwifarms.net/threads/virtual-youtubers.69525/post-13388514

Ok, seems like providing info without vague-posting is too hard. Here:

When Sena died in Minecraft, it posted a username on death screen - BPMCarl
Pisek [kiwi-profile] started digging, found a brony (male).

DeviantArt profile (Archive here)
Flickr (DFE) photos
Youtube channel
Tumblr page

BPMCarl-0.jpg

BPMCarl-1.jpg

BPMCarl-2.jpg

Last edited:

hololive ruined /jp/

So is this the place for vtuber shit? the KF thread has been slow.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I wonder what vtweeters are going to do if Twitter collapses.
Get a job?

Wishful thinking, I know.

It depends. Watching Onolumi play Tiberian Sun (and actually getting decent towards the end of the Nod campaign) was fun. As was Aqua's first time playing Mario 64 ('Competent Gamer Plays Classic for the First Time: The Stream'):

Otoh, Kiara's and Amiya's Link's Awakening playthroughs weren't for me. The game's very much not about dungeon crawling, dammit. I have no idea how people get anything out of the game when they keep ignoring what's happening on the island.

Noel's playthrough might've been better, but I only caught a clip of her getting the good ending.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Counterpoint: watch Okayu speedrun through Mario 64 like she's in ESA. Or Luna when she gets her hands on a street fighter title.

Luna is the best Street Fighter player in the world and no one could convince me otherwise.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
When Sena died in Minecraft, it posted a username on death screen - BPMCarl
Pisek started digging, found a brony (male).
There's plenty of recordings of her voice out there right now, and it sounds like a woman. I know some men are really good at imitating a female voice and I don't really know what voice changers can and can't do, but several of us were listening to her stream and no one picked up anything. Except for potential chubbiness, I mean. On the other hand, her evident experience in minecraft is atypical for females.

My first thought on seeing this was that maybe she's using her BF's minecraft account, or brother's or something. Still, it's a really funny idea that "she" is actually some male brony. I'm probably gonna call her "Carl" from now on no matter how it turns out.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
So is this the place for vtuber shit? the KF thread has been slow.
KF being intermittently unavailable after coming back online, plus we all set up shop here during the Failed Troon Fart Dominatrix Raises a Personal Army arc.

Pippa.. where do you think you are?

Screenshot_20221118_100748_Brave.jpg
By the way, if you said it was Yamanbas, you're correct and have the ability to recognize a pattern.

Pattern recognition is supposedly a strength in autists, Pippa..

Screenshot_20221118_102043_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I just come here cause videos actually playback at a reasonable time. When I try to watch a clip someone postd in ancestral farm, it takes forever to buffer. Shit be like 20 sec clip and take 5 minutes to buffer all the way.

Oh and also male with voice changers using anime girls is more accepted here :smugpipi:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
My first thought on seeing this was that maybe she's using her BF's minecraft account, or brother's or something. Still, it's a really funny idea that "she" is actually some male brony. I'm probably gonna call her "Carl" from now on no matter how it turns out.
first small yab of meme company

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter

Depends on the game and on the Vtuber really.
Something like Monster Hunter I can't watch Sakamata since she's bad and opts to get carried and not attempting to git gud. I enjoy Ichinose Uruha's streams since she was bad, slowly tries to improve solo as much as possible, and her reactions are great (not even realising she had a home until Sunbreak) plus her angry and panicked voice is top tier cute.
If it's story based and I like the Vtuber I can make some leeway. Yaezawa Natori was so-so in RPG and when she played FF7 she didn't read chat to avoid spoilers which led to some amusing moments. She thought Tifa was Barret's wife who already had a daughter in Marlene and tried to cheat with Cloud (her reaction to when Tifa asked Cloud whether he remembered the promise was "What's wrong with this woman?"). She was also very bad with directions to the point she spent one hour getting lost in the Forgotten Capital and eventually asked chat for guidance. All worth it since she's very immersed into the game the reaction to end of Disc 1 was extremely emotional (reading dialogue while tearing up). Pretty much the whole flawed gameplay made her my oshi.
Can't believe I'm watching FIFA because of Kaela.

e: She said "winning eleven" not pro evolution soccer. She is ancient.
:lolwat:
Winning Eleven is the Japanese name for the series equivalent to Pro Evo. It's like the 16-bit where Fighting Eleven got renamed to International Superstar Soccer.

Propro's Kaduki Mikuru released a cover of Cute na Kanojo after her new outfit stream (fitting since her new outfit is basically jirai-onna style).

Also right now Usuwa Suu is playing Persona 5 Royal after the Sei collab.

Looking back I bought a Switch after watching Suisei play Tetris 99 and other vtubers play Switch games so if the Japanese companies forbid them to stream gameplay I wouldn't have bought the console.

Edit:
No, I'm quite certain we got winning eleven, before the PES rebranding took over
Oops, my bad. I forgot the earlier PSX Winning Eleven become International Superstar Soccer Pro and ISS Pro Evo. Looks like when the series moved to PS2 the US versions aligned with JP for awhile before switching to match EU who used Pro Evo since the beginning.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Winning Eleven is the Japanese name for the series equivalent to Pro Evo. It's like the 16-bit where Fighting Eleven got renamed to International Superstar Soccer.
No, I'm quite certain we got winning eleven, before the PES rebranding took over

zx.jpg
zz.jpg

UncreativeVtuberEnjoyer

Depends of how braindead they are being, the start of the Amelia Ultrakill stream was physically painfull to watch, the game literally tell you the mechanics and what button does what and she was not reading the prompts that the game shows in the middle of the screen, the chat had to teach her how to use simple things like a grounpound

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
There's plenty of recordings of her voice out there right now, and it sounds like a woman. I know some men are really good at imitating a female voice and I don't really know what voice changers can and can't do, but several of us were listening to her stream and no one picked up anything. Except for potential chubbiness, I mean. On the other hand, her evident experience in minecraft is atypical for females.

That's my initial thought. But I also think Clio sounds like a woman and their dispute about that not to mention Lilyhops.

Whiskey with friends reviewing cursed working guns

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom