"That's more like it, that's more like it guys. Yeah I gotta keep the D safe; Would be good if I could raise the D"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
And also, about DIY vtubers. Some time ago I saw this

Their Youtube [channel]. It has English subtitles!

I'd like to see the reactions of people driving by seeing someone in a green morph suit installing a heat pump

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Maybe I should rephrase my question a bit to be more general:

You guys are pretty much the smartest, on average most based group of vtuber connoisseurs I know of, and you're gaming enthusiasts too. So what sort of elements in a video game do you find make for the most entertaining content from a streamer/vtuber playing it? What in video games enables the streamer to put on a good show - in particular compared to elements in games that might be okay for someone playing on their own but would possibly detract from the vtuber/streamer experience?
I'll point to three FOTM games that I have no intention of playing myself (removing the "I want to see how they play it" factor): Trombone Champ, Elden Ring, and Pokemon. Trombone Champ has an obvious and yet obviously challenging objective, in the sense that anyone tuning in can see what the objective is and can also tell how much (or how little) effort the streamer has to expend on it. On top of this it has a dumb sense of humour that a good streamer can bounce off of. For Elden Ring and Pokemon, even if the streamer is having fun, I feel lost.

Upcoming bird streams in the next half hour:

Kiara's Holotalk with Pekora

Lui getting tortured by Fubuki's Backrooms obsession

Kaela making 11 men touch grass

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Lemon woman is streaming pokemans early. It seems like a bunch of indies have been popping up in chat from Hina to Leaflit to Whiskey to Clio.
She just got a shiney

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Off-collab clip: Noel struggles to stop calling Subaru "senpai". I still don't quite get how seriously the Japanese take their honorifics. Cute moment, anyway.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

So Nijisanji ID's Azura Cecilia decided to broke up with Nijisanji ID's Miyu Ottavia.... in Final Fantasy XIV. More specifically, they are doing a divorce roleplay with fellow Niji-IDs Hyona Elatoria, Derem Kado, Nara Haramaung and Rai Gallilei.

It's pretty much a Indonesian-focused stream (everyone is speaking in ID, basically), but all in all, its just the two moving on with them being usual collab partner "OttaSpace" and them being shipped together from the past two years of them as NijiID. What with Miyu graduating soon and Azura Cecilia being all alone in the land of straya.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Faqingmonkey-exif-remove.jpeg
"Fucking Monkey" has been invoked.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

PekoWick

Upcoming bird streams in the next half hour:

Kiara's Holotalk with Pekora

Let me guess its about how peko got in holo, pekomama and the monkey

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Does anyone else ever feel like not watching vtubers play your favorite games?

For example, I’ve been playing the Pokémon games for almost 20 years now and have probably sunk thousands of hours into the series as I’m interested in competitive battling, nuzlocking, shiny hunting, etc.

I have no intention of watching any Pokémon SV streams honestly. It’s kind of frustrating to watch how casual players do things sometimes. The fact that I’m talking about a kids game isn’t lost on me, I know.

I’ve also felt the same way when vtubers play Rimworld or RTS games like Starcraft, C&C, AoE, etc.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

For example, I’ve been playing the Pokémon games for almost 20 years now and have probably sunk thousands of hours into the series as I’m interested in competitive battling, nuzlocking, shiny hunting, etc.

I have no intention of watching any Pokémon SV streams honestly. It’s kind of frustrating to watch how casual players do things sometimes. The fact that I’m talking about a kids game isn’t lost on me, I know.

I’ve also felt the same way when vtubers play Rimworld or RTS games like Starcraft and AoE.

It gets a bit frazzling watching them make obvious mistakes that are easily rectified by doing five minutes of research. But watching Pippa play Escape From Tarkov with Whiskey Project was funny as fuck (that poor dude getting one-shotted by her, imagine the sheer embarrassment of getting blown away by a mold rabbit)

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I think my autism posts whenever a vtuber I follow touches a character action game make that pretty clear. Except Axel, Axel was pretty decent at DMC3.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist

Absolutely. I've been playing Minecraft for like 3 years, with wiki-diving, following multiple subreddits, discords, youtube channels, whole shebang. I don't claim to be good at the game, but I know couple of things. Everytime I see someone play the game (actually play it), and 70% of chat spams fucking stupid shit, being wrong and cringe, I just cannot stand it. Chat ruins it everytime, and I don't chat myself because it will be lost in waves of mistakes and stupid memes.

Soulsborne titles seem to be following the same pattern, except even more frantic and stupid.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

I’ve also felt the same way when vtubers play Rimworld or RTS games like Starcraft, C&C, AoE, etc.
I don't really get bothered by them doing goofy dumb things, everyone plays games differently. I was a bit disappointed that Ame let a crappy keyboard and mouse experience filter her from GTA instead of just using a controller at the time but then I realized how dumb it is to expect a streamer to play every game I like and not branch out.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

I don't watch any streamers play RPGs just in case I ever end up playing them.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Can't believe I'm watching FIFA because of Kaela.

e: She said "winning eleven" not pro evolution soccer. She is ancient.
:lolwat:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20221118-094502-357.png
I have officially decided to join the rest of the thread and start watching Lumi after this based and accurate tweet

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
I have officially decided to join the rest of the thread and start watching Lumi after this based and accurate tweet
Ironically, this makes me want to watch her pokemon stream when I wouldn't have otherwise.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom