General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Phase Three
The Disappearance of Kaburaki Roco
We sit on the eve of November 17th, what one may call the 'end of the line' in the Kaburaki Saga: a most fascinating tale where Japanese bureaucratic autism collided with the rampant ouroboros sigil of Otaku hype to unravel a capricious spindle of discord and speculation.

The girl who often vows that she will 'never lose'; gone silent for the best part of a month, with the darker side of perfect OpSec on full display as fans who have spent an entire year supporting her are now left without a trail. Is she okay? Is she continuing her activity elsewhere? The silence is deafening in a way perhaps most V-Tuber fans have come to take for granted, as their professional artists and active PL oshis 'graduate' to spaces we can keep tabs on.

But this tale won't go quietly into the night - that would be too simple - as the mystery surrounding the greatest PNG anime girl to ever grace the internet further deepens, and the chess pieces move towards a wider battle between VTA and the trust of its fans.

Take for example, the following spoken words from Seraph Dazzlegarden, a member of Voltaction and an alumnus of VTA Gen 1:

「人狼やることになりました。 グウェル先輩からお誘いいただいて楽しみにしていてください、 人狼をやります VTA1期生の現状いる組でやりますラナキュラとボルタクション、まあ新人の2グループということで

Taken from his Creators2 stream on Nov. 12, he says that Gwelu-senpai invited him to play a Werewolf game, but he curiously states that 'We will be playing with the current group of VTA Gen 1 graduates, Ranunculus and Voltaction' and then corrects it to 'Well, two groups of newcomers'. The argument here being that Seraph actually let slip that he knows about Roco, as he instinctively described Ranunculus and Voltaction as the 'current' graduates, and then course-corrected to saying 'two newbie groups' which is a very different thing.

The stream in question occurred later that same day on Saturday, Nov. 12 over on Gwelu's channel. This is interesting because Amagase Muyu, another alumnus of VTA Gen 1, also may have made something of a slip:

日曜日に 「わー」 がありますね、はい (中略) 何にもわかんないでしょ?何にも言えないの (中略) 土日はなんかどっちも凄い楽しいことあるまじで めっちゃ楽しいことあるけどその代わり土曜日のこの毎回こその時間にホラゲするのはちょっとなくなる申し訳ないけど ただすごい楽しいことある! びっくりしちゃうかもしれない みんな

This was taken exactly a week earlier, on Nov. 5, where Muyu says that there will be some kind of 'Wow!' moment on Sunday, and that Saturday and Sunday are going to be a lot of fun, but she says she can't say anything about any of it just yet.

We can reasonably assume that her reference to Saturday was the same Werewolf game happening the following week. But what about the Sunday, especially when the 13th is the day that aligned so perfectly with previous VTA debuts? Well, I'm stumped.

Nijisanji is a gargantuan company, and Muyu, as a smaller creator, is prone to falling under my radar despite my efforts to catch as much info as I can, so it's entirely possible that she WAS involved in something on one of those days, but all I could see was a Splatoon 3 collab with the same people she was teamed with during the tournament: Ibrahim, Mao, and Hibari.

In other words, to the best of my knowledge, a 'Wow!' moment on Sunday the 13th never came to pass. Unless she counts the upload of her original VTA debut as a Members-Only piece of content, it never came to pass on Nov. 6 either.

But it doesn't quite end there. Take a look at AnyColor's inquiries page now:
View attachment 5426
See that red text? That is brand new, and essentially tells people inquiring about VTA to fuck off and go home, implying that the push from fans to get answers that I mentioned in Phase 2 actually occurred behind the scenes, and was voluminous enough to force them to take note.

But why not simply give answers? After all, PNGs or no, 'Nijisanji' or 'VTA', these are entertainers with a growing number of fans investing their time into the program, and they deserve to be notified of graduations as any other fan of any other V-Tuber. Nijisanji recently wrote a graduation announcement of Holo-bound Miyu Ottavia (if their scouts actually know what they're doing). It was very warm, and probably the best announcement either of the two companies have ever done.

It could be part of the contract: keep them safe by not acknowledging their absence and let them pick up on their own terms. Makes sense given the VTA students all seem to be skewing younger and deserve to have their privacy protected as much as possible.

The other, more tantalising possibility that remains, though, is that Kaburaki Roco hasn't actually graduated at all...

Stay tuned.
I'm not reading all that so

Congrats or Sorry it happened.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Flam and Depressed Nousagi! Sign me up! Let me just take a quick nap.
E8AACEB3-B307-41DB-A6FA-2D958AAE6A73.jpeg

kestraline

Early Adopter
Nyaru is off to Nam again:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Another abomination of a thumbnail thanks to Sonic.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Wonders AI posted a video demo of their AR Pippa with a chatbot (?) Attatched to it, looks like they also use ai for her voice

Ah yes, the cutest rabbit in the onionverse who says "pie" and doesn't advocate for shooting up a Walmart.

What the fuck is this thing!? Why would they show something so scuffed?

Edit-
Screenshot_20221116-151311-673.png

I'm starting to understand where the mold thing began, guys
To be fair, that might not have been a functional washing machine, just a broken one to keep the broken car on the front lawn company.

Memenco striking while the iron is at 0 degrees kelvin, after @Depressed Nousagi already shit his pants, sat in them, and then shot himself in the head.
If only Flam would shoot himself in the head.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Who is ready for infinite Pokemon streams over the next month???

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Low Effort Clips putting in too much effort:

This shit is getting out of hand:

Is that Sour Grapes?

Also Pippa stream:

Edit: Holy shit they're multiplying, is this one autist or multiple?

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Who is ready for infinite Pokemon streams over the next month???
Me so i can finally ignore streams and fix my shitty life schedule.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Another abomination of a thumbnail thanks to Sonic.
Stared at that thumbnail a good 10 secs. and still had NO idea who's stream it was until seeing the PFP in the upper corner. :kroniiphone:

Bae still trying to get out of October

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
I still cannot fucking believe that our piprincess literally memed a vtuber company into existence through sheer force of shitposting. Brings a tear to my eye.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Pippa talking about Forum culture
1668646421862.png

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Haha during weekday nights it does become a pipkin forums!

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
I know it's not the same, but have you tried tuning to shiina's streams? (she claims Ina is her inspiration, she can't be THAT different)
I tried the New Coke, its not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom