General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Can somebody with more advanced brain damage than me explain the whole DN situation? What the hell happened, why is it a big thing, etc? I'm trying to comprehend it and getting absolutely nowhere.
Look at the good side! Since the drama started we have gained 12 new members, 2 of which are veterans from the homeland. Also the people viewing the forum has been quite a bit higher than other days, specially for a monday.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Look at the good side! Since the drama started we have gained 12 new members, 2 of which are veterans from the homeland. Also the people viewing the forum has been quite a bit higher than other days, specially for a monday.
Haha I think our mascot Nolan also played a role, of being a beacon in a dark forest attracting those we lost during the wiggler incursion.
trdgfgdfg.jpg

paul

Early Adopter
Any finger pointers? The search is letting me down right now.
page 4985, still hard to watch
Going back to some actual vtuber topics: Someone was (jokingly?) looking for a dinosaur vtuber, right? I was scolling through the vtuber tag on twich and found TaraRaizu, a 2view T-Rex who does her own models (plural) and the rigging all by herself. She even has an dresser named "drawra" which is pretty funny. I took some screenshots when she changed to her regular her model:
tara1.jpg tara2.jpg
tara.jpg
I only found her recently and took just a peak at her. Her voice reminds me a bit of delutaya, but I'm not sure if it's (a guy with) a voice changer. Any opinions? She started streaming right now

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
She even has an dresser named "drawra" which is pretty funny. I

That's pretty bold. Not many streamers will let you see them in their drawers.

I'm not sure if it's (a guy with) a voice changer.

I'm not picking up anything weird. Just sounds like a woman doing a cutesy voice to me, just like 80-90% of vtubers. But what do I know? EDIT: Then again it does sound a little weird when the voice gets louder. Still not sure.

EDIT:
Is Yuri having a complete rebranding?
I don't know, but Lumi has talked about how she's having a new model made occasionally in the few of her streams that I've been able to catch in the last month or so. I mention it because she and Yuri have this married kayfabe, and the promo says "our fates are intertwining". Wondering (hoping) if Yuri and Lumi will both show off new models at the same time.

As far as rebranding, I really hope she doesn't abandon the snow leopard. I love it, it's probably my favorite vtuber model ever.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
WAIT...STOP EVERYTHING!

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Because, for the most part, these sorts of sites just laugh and mock drama unless it something vile like zoosadism or something really political (see: KF A&H and adjacent sections).

Lynch mobs on handholdy mainstream social media sites tend to treat drama like declarations of war, sleights on their honor and principles, or some other kind of attack that must be answered in kind. Something something silence is violence something something.
Maybe I'm just very autistic but even A&H isn't that bad, as I've had my sperg offs in there, and seen others have them, but by the next thread everyone is chill again. I think it's more that when you're used to people being free and open you don't really view another person's opinion as something intolerable. Besides, it's just the Internet, it's not that serious.

WAIT...STOP EVERYTHING!

I suppose they didn't have a Walmart Calli before this.

middle management

On another note, apparently there was a some tiny drama going on about some Art contest Calli is hosting for her new Album, but it got resolved quickly because she clarified rules and stuff in a later tweet, I don't really know, I just saw some tweets talking there was some confusion around that but no actual drama itself, so I'm just mentioning it for the sake of purposeful post and not just replying

(apparently there was another tweet announcing the art contest before this one, but it was worded differently, which is probably where the initial confusion came up

Still baffling to me how a huge corporation like Universal (even if it's Universal Japan) doesn't seem to have anyone proficient enough in english to proofread something like this.
I know what they wrote is not necessarily wrong, but it sounds so clunky that misunderstandings like this are bound to happen - and we know how quickly things can spiral out of control in the vtuber-community.
Good on Calli though for setting that straight.

Have been watching Luna play Green Hell while at work, worth checking out if you're into that type of game / a more chilled stream.
She's been at it for like 8 hours too.

Also clip tax:

chihirogumi

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
It's always funny how the "Internet hate machine" sites almost never care about drama despite people on them having their own opinions on the matter, meanwhile the places that act like they're the most welcoming form lynch mobs over the dumbest shit.

A bunch of vampires sitting around a large stone dias covered in squirming captives, talking about the business of drinking blood and killing peasants, when one of the vampires reaches over and slaps the hand of another vampire reaching towards one ill-seeming blood bag. "Not that one, they're diseased," the first vampire says, and all the vampires have a chuckle about the stupid mortal plague and how it just ruins the flavour and gives them a little tummy grumble. The momentary distraction gives the would-be victim the opening they needed, slipping his chains and freeing himself before darting off into the darkness. One means to give chase, but another stops them. "Let them run, the men fear us and our taint, they wouldn't dare lead an assault against us," they say, "he is a lowborn child from distant shores to begin with. The world will not be kind to him."

In the human village, the terrified populace gathers in the town square with their torches and tools -- some of which bearing old dried bloodstains hinting at their history of use -- to convene on what to do with their latest 'troublemaker'. A sickly child from a far coast showing early signs of disease but no pustules have begun to form. "He's with the vampires!" one of the townies says, pointing a shovel in the boys direction. "The pale complexion and dark eyes are the sign The Devil lives in him! He's been telling those fiends lies about our beloved Prioress Amelia, no doubt they intend to corrupt our faith with their godless ways!" The shovelbearer fixes his grip on his tool of murder. "She lies only in the arms of God, and never in the arm of a man! We cannot abide this wickedness!" The crowd murmurs darkly in agreement, dozens of similarly pale faces with darkened eyes turn in the torchlight towards their chosen victim. They do not see the signs of the darkness they loathe in each other through their fervor, they act in their own self-interest with the delusion of righteousness emboldening their abhorrence as they advance to commit their newest atrocity in the name of goodness.

Oooo boy I love not taking my meds.

:pippasquish:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
I know I am late on the emasculated nousagi drama,
but my personal shizo rrat is that all the talk about "doxxing talents" and putting it behind a paywall is just moral grandstanding.
I think the true reason everyone is upset is that, he said ame was "fucking his boyfriend nearly every day [sic] " and he showed her boyfriend, breaking every goslings and unicorns heart in the process, in some /vt/ dwellers even triggering PTSD .

Well its just a rrat but it would be hilarious if it was true don't you guys agree?

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Maybe I'm just very autistic but even A&H isn't that bad, as I've had my sperg offs in there, and seen others have them, but by the next thread everyone is chill again. I think it's more that when you're used to people being free and open you don't really view another person's opinion as something intolerable. Besides, it's just the Internet, it's not that serious.
It wildly depends on the thread (any megathread or general topic debate is usually full of endless sperging) and the people actively posting how chill it is, it is mostly all huffing and bullshit but people appear to get very genuinely mad and get close to fedposting in A&H IME. At least they did when I actually followed it before I just found it tiresome to read A&H for longer then a few pages around the 2020-2021ish. Also if you're one of the infamous posters who talks a fuck ton, Hollywood Hogan is probably the biggest example, you'll get shit on pretty actively to the point where many times people @ Hogan for no reason and then get confused when he shits up the topic with some sperg fight.

Also TERF-related fights tend to get really spicy too, and probably a few other topics that aren't coming to mind right now. But I would say you can have 'intolerable' opinions pretty easily in A&H if you know what buttons to push without crossing into the obvious illegal things.

Most internet drama isn't as serious as real world politics, so obviously no one needs to get as I'll say "passionate" about discussing those topics unless they treat everything as political (see: Twitter/Reddit)

A bunch of vampires sitting around a large stone dias covered in squirming captives, talking about the business of drinking blood and killing peasants, when one of the vampires reaches over and slaps the hand of another vampire reaching towards one ill-seeming blood bag. "Not that one, they're diseased," the first vampire says, and all the vampires have a chuckle about the stupid mortal plague and how it just ruins the flavour and gives them a little tummy grumble. The momentary distraction gives the would-be victim the opening they needed, slipping his chains and freeing himself before darting off into the darkness. One means to give chase, but another stops them. "Let them run, the men fear us and our taint, they wouldn't dare lead an assault against us," they say, "he is a lowborn child from distant shores to begin with. The world will not be kind to him."

In the human village, the terrified populace gathers in the town square with their torches and tools -- some of which bearing old dried bloodstains hinting at their history of use -- to convene on what to do with their latest 'troublemaker'. A sickly child from a far coast showing early signs of disease but no pustules have begun to form. "He's with the vampires!" one of the townies says, pointing a shovel in the boys direction. "The pale complexion and dark eyes are the sign The Devil lives in him! He's been telling those fiends lies about our beloved Prioress Amelia, no doubt they intend to corrupt our faith with their godless ways!" The shovelbearer fixes his grip on his tool of murder. "She lies only in the arms of God, and never in the arm of a man! We cannot abide this wickedness!" The crowd murmurs darkly in agreement, dozens of similarly pale faces with darkened eyes turn in the torchlight towards their chosen victim. They do not see the signs of the darkness they loathe in each other through their fervor, they act in their own self-interest with the delusion of righteousness emboldening their abhorrence as they advance to commit their newest atrocity in the name of goodness.

Oooo boy I love not taking my meds.

:pippasquish:
I remember us talking about TTRPG shit awhile back when the Tempus DND game was going on, are you a DM by any chance? Because boy do you sound like one with this random descriptive scene you pulled out of thin air.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Can confirm I am here because he namedropped this place in the middle of a tardfight.
Where was this tardfight? I saw his sperging on reddit and then he lost like 50 internet points for questioning the scriptures but i didn't see him namedrop the asylum, i would like to have a good laugh.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I guess sometimes it helps to have a member whose opsec is worse than the Serbian government's ties to Gavrilo Princep.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I know I am late on the emasculated nousagi drama,
but my personal shizo rrat is that all the talk about "doxxing talents" and putting it behind a paywall is just moral grandstanding.
I think the true reason everyone is upset is that, he said ame was "fucking his boyfriend nearly every day [sic] " and he showed her boyfriend, breaking every goslings and unicorns heart in the process, in some /vt/ dwellers even triggering PTSD .

Well its just a rrat but it would be hilarious if it was true don't you guys agree?
I got a question about Ame lore that I'm confused in. Someone posted yesterday that this time of year makes her feel sad about a boyfriend she broke up with. Is that the current one she's with right now or another one she had during her time before Ame?

Cause I was under the impression she's still with the same dude and they were engaged or something.

kestraline

Early Adopter

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire
Oh @Depressed Nousagi you fool, yet I expected this one day. You're too spergy dude this was bound to happen if you didn't clean up your act someday.
Can confirm I am here because he namedropped this place in the middle of a tardfight.
Nolan you never cease to amaze me. Maybe your genius will give this place the recognition it deserves someday.
I got a question about Ame lore that I'm confused in. Someone posted yesterday that this time of year makes her feel sad about a boyfriend she broke up with. Is that the current one she's with right now or another one she had during her time before Ame?

Cause I was under the impression she's still with the same dude and they were engaged or something.
If I remember right it was always only one dude but they split up because her grandma or whoever hit the dirt and he didn't want to deal with her espresso depresso state

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Where was this tardfight? I saw his sperging on reddit and then he lost like 50 internet points for questioning the scriptures but i didn't see him namedrop the asylum, i would like to have a good laugh.
On the homeland, he was sperging at Takodachi over the 20+ page development overnight lmao

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I guess sometimes it helps to have a member whose opsec is worse than the Serbian government's ties to Gavrilo Princep.
Nolan Crush for official Virtual Asylum mascot?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom