"Apple cucks love to be edged by daddy Jobs' decrepit corpse"Beribug

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Damn I wanted to see another match. oh well. Guess we'll wait for next week.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Scarle is doing a drunk ASMR. Not sure what she did before now but she got 7 akasupa's in a row. Fucking hell.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
The Worms collab reminds me of those good ol days for sure, being a bunch of rat bastards is a tactic I kind of anticipated to happen if any of them were serious about trying to win. Excited for next week now.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

wew

Male hag love!
Vesper is doing the same chopping his Zomboid and FTL streams into bite size LP chunks hope it gets the same results
Vesper is also very smart with doing shorts and edited lp style stuff. He learned that from his orc days. It's how he survived as an indie on youtube. I feel like pippa has the upper hand with video content because its very topical and trendy with what she talks about. She gets a bigger boost from it.

Can't wait for others to see this as the new meta and start copying and again hope for some classic skits

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
Vesper is doing the same chopping his Zomboid and FTL streams into bite size LP chunks hope it gets the same results
His shorts are so funny too. I highly recommend them. He's also been using them to highlight other fun stuff in collab streams.
Scarle is doing a drunk ASMR. Not sure what she did before now but she got 7 akasupa's in a row. Fucking hell.

At least she's able to bring in some simp money. This whole week she's barely been able to break out into the 1k audience without an exception of two streams.

EDIT:

This stream is such a mess, hahaha. They asked her to speak Spanish uses the most generic reply (greeting and her name) and quickly switches to broken nihongo jozu.

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Preydator after party starting in a couple they'll prolly tease the other projects coming again

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
I think the problem is you're making a horror game using cute anime girls. It just doesn't make sense to build a horror environment and then have a dog girl squeal at you or a girl with twin tail drills T-posing at you at the end of a hallway.

Maybe if it was a horror or macabre themed vtuber like @SandyCat normally likes, but it just doesn't make sense with Hololive.
Haachama's brief horror series had some disturbing content. I'm not sure it was horror per se, but the themes in it could be implemented in a horror game I think.

I also think it would be pretty easy to take the lore from many of the hololive characters and weave a dark alternate storyline - even something simple like "the eldritch forces broke containment and now Ina's a reality warping demigod" on its own, like in this fighting scene video, could be a decent premise.

I'm not really a big horror fan, but it seems like the things like chuckie or the little girls from the shining etc. catch the viewer off-guard. They're things that you normally are relaxed around, and a corruption of them or a malevolence there means you are seeing something unknown- so it could be anything, including the scariest thing you haven't imagined yet, and your brain panics a little because of the dissonance. I think cute animal girls could be used in that manner in a horror setting.

I honestly think that in the time it took Pippa to play that game her community could have come up with a pretty decent draft script and some basic concept art for a superior/scarier game even using some basic bitch game-making framework like a visual novel or whatever. That actually makes me wonder- are there vtubers/streamers you guys know of who DO create stuff (other than art) with their chat on streams? Like collaborative creative streams?

[...]
Can't wait for others to see this as the new meta and start copying and again hope for some classic skits

I liked pippa's axlotl murder series. It would be really nice to see more stuff in that vein. Are there any classic skits in particular that you remember being good? I only started watching vtubers when myth debuted. edit: I guess hologra are skits, though thats a much more demanding production process i imagine with the 3d modeling and stuff.

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Not bad, though Mumei's voice is a bit too high pitched. I still prefer Panko's version.

I think that's why I just don't like this song in general; it's too high. It's why some of the JP girls give me headaches with the super high pitched anime girl voice, too. Mumei's voice shines brightest when she *doesn't* go for the anime voice.

wew

Male hag love!
I liked pippa's axlotl murder series. It would be really nice to see more stuff in that vein. Are there any classic skits in particular that you remember being good? I only started watching vtubers when myth debuted. edit: I guess hologra are skits, though thats a much more demanding production process i imagine with the 3d modeling and stuff.
I was just about to say the hologras are pretty much in the spirit of the good old days.

Have kizuna ai freaking out about the iphone X face tracking which is very ironic now and days because its what most use for Vtubing

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Since she started putting out those shorts starting with the Saint's Row remake short 3 weeks ago, she's seen a massive spike in not only Sub count, but CCV averages as well. And this chart isn't even 100% accurate, as she's currently at 63.2k as of writing this. More power to her as well, because Pippa has always been one to push company unity. I think if she really emphasizes her viewers to watch other PC streamers and spread the good word, we might get a "Rising Tide lifts all boats" type situation.
I'm not sure if shorts are the cause, as inertia may be more of the case. Youtube rewards people for doing well, for obvious reasons and as such when she started breaking four figures on streams she saw a ton of growth, while shorts don't normally direct traffic to your other content as they're a bit isolated in nature on the platform.

I do hope she benefits the other members as well, because while I don't really care for Aria because she seems too stiff but, I think Tenma, Lia, Shiina, and Lumi are all great and bring something unique to what Pippa has to offer. I will say though, the introduction of Gen 3 this early seems like a bit too much too quickly as there's a limit to how many streamers people can follow. It also doesn't sound like they're making themed sections, as Pippa mentioned she'd want a gaming division with Sleepy and others, and that's a big issue as you can grow by making niche division, not necessarily by bloating already existing verticals.

Granted, I could be full of shit as I don't know the backend operations, but when Pippa raided Shiina, she was in the low hundreds which makes me feel like they're not letting their talent grow before bringing on new talent.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'm not sure if shorts are the cause, as inertia may be more of the case. Youtube rewards people for doing well, for obvious reasons and as such when she started breaking four figures on streams she saw a ton of growth, while shorts don't normally direct traffic to your other content as they're a bit isolated in nature on the platform.
No, it's the shorts. YouTube is pushing them hard as the biggest factor in Discoverability within the algorithm. It's so bad even the fucking Quartering is sucking it up and putting out shorts. YouTube is trying to find a format to compete with Tiktok, which is the biggest thing the zoomer audience they want is using.

Shorts are also the way Shiki from Prism Project got her massive sub numbers. Massive viral shorts that got lots of subs. Unfortunately, they don't do much in the realm of engaging additional CCVs to her stream as despite her 130k or so subs, she's only pulling 125 or so CCV average.

Edit:

This is also too good to not immediately repost -

Last edited:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I mean vesper making 15 minute vids shit works because this mofo is very insightful and knows a lot about games he plays which makes shit engaging by generating a lot of content to actually put into one good structured, insightful and entertaining video with next to none dead air. I think girl_dm also did make vids but i never got into them. Letsplayer meta is not dead yet, like look at manlybadasszero, mark and jack.
Tho on the other side, im going to bring up the funny cloud 9 dragon again, she usually just plays league, so her vids usually filled with good plays with goofy shit inbetween. Fits her profile, pretty nice, wish the editor didnt plug himself in on every opportunity.

also tiktok is a fucking blight to our society and third worst thing that came from china after coof and tencent

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
If I recall wasn't the game free a while ago and they just decided to sell a sort of 1.5 version of it with a little bit more things added in it? I recall the girls playing it months ago and a article talking about it being updated a little more to be put up for sale

Kind of weird how long in development it was in for the content it has.
I don't think it was free, but I'm almost positive it was even shorter originally. I swear when I watched all the girls who played it when it went up for preoder on their site it ONLY had the school stuff. The Train parts weren't there from all the plays I watched.

I think the problem is you're making a horror game using cute anime girls. It just doesn't make sense to build a horror environment and then have a dog girl squeal at you or a girl with twin tail drills T-posing at you at the end of a hallway.

Maybe if it was a horror or macabre themed vtuber like @SandyCat normally likes, but it just doesn't make sense with Hololive.\
Yeah, it's pretty shit at being horror when you go "Oh, hey Sora."

I think if they went for a slice of life game and throughout the school day it gets progressively weirder and creepier you would've been able to get invested in characters and the story. Instead we got whatever this was.
The biggest part that sucks to me is that they had an entire anime/vn styled ERROR series on youtube. It wasn't fully animated, but it was completely voiced by the girls and actually has a story, background, and entire setting to work with. Then the game just sort of assumed you watched that, drops vague notes, and doesn't really do anything with that established story or characters anyway lol. Or when it does, it's just you walking past them with almost no involvement except that one Korone moment.

Why not be more involved with that? I mean of course even that series was generic rural Japanese folklore type stuff, but there's an entire story to work with at least. Everything with Sora, what's going on with her, the girls and why they act so weird, is this person alive or not, and then there's a random backstory out of nowhere with Miko's character too lol. For a Hololive game, like Pippa said you barely see anyone. Basically every JP member had some sort of section in the story to show up in at least for the youtube shorts.

They really should do some free updates for people. Error is already made, and since it's kind of a generic asset flip type game anyway, you might as well make a some typical extra modes where all those rooms and hallways get some use. The mode where you have to escape from the axe wielding Suisei. Let me tell Sora I'm an enemy. Watame mode where you have to escape all the predators trying to eat you. Survive Haachama's cooking. (I know she's kind of over that but what jokes does the vtuber community let die gracefully?)

But what kind of gameplay or setting would a Hololive gacha even do? They could flip some Alternate assets for a Genshin clone, but that takes a lot of fucking work to do well, they could do some kind of Raid Shadow Legends clone that's just a game that plays itself. For the setting or plot, I can only really think of Holocure: But Gacha, because Hololive doesn't really have a, uh, dedicated enemy faction, I guess?
I feel like you can get away with damn near anything for Gacha. Making an enemy for something with fighting probably isn't too hard. Virtual youtuber? Probably just something about a Virus. Gameplay wise there's Rhythym games which are typically just "we're all friend yay!" You could try cutesy town builder type shit, managment games, tower defense, some basic bitch connect 3 nonsense like Puzzles and Dragons.
I guess the only thing that sorta throws that off is they collab with virtually all those types of games as it is lol.

unknown.png

Ignoring the boys. But otherwise Ame chat seems ok so far. I can't imagine many haters stuck around, there really isn't a good rebuttal for "free money lol." Unicorns can't really respond to that, except by fucking off.
And here I thought the unicorn sticker would go to waste. Silly me.

Honestly really surprised Kronii decided to join the worm collab expected her to just lay low for a while after last time, honestly dont know why she accepted since tis is gonna cause drama for sure, I wonder if she either that clueless or is doing on purpose out of spite.
Good. It's what she should do anyway, especially if that's what she WANTS to do. Join, have a good time, and ignore the retards while never addressing their dumbassery every again. They'll either get over it or fuck off.

Haachama's brief horror series had some disturbing content. I'm not sure it was horror per se, but the themes in it could be implemented in a horror game I think.

I also think it would be pretty easy to take the lore from many of the hololive characters and weave a dark alternate storyline - even something simple like "the eldritch forces broke containment and now INA's a reality warping demigod" on its own, like in this fighting scene video, could be a decent premise.

Came up with more ideas than me. I completely failed the eldritch line of thought. A mad Ame using time traveling in messed up ways or helping her solve some mysteries etc. Granted I wasn't really considering the non-JP girls since the base Error game is focused there.

I do hope she benefits the other members as well, because while I don't really care for Aria because she seems too stiff but, I think Tenma, Lia, Shiina, and Lumi are all great and bring something unique to what Pippa has to offer. I will say though, the introduction of Gen 3 this early seems like a bit too much too quickly as there's a limit to how many streamers people can follow. It also doesn't sound like they're making themed sections, as Pippa mentioned she'd want a gaming division with Sleepy and others, and that's a big issue as you can grow by making niche division, not necessarily by bloating already existing verticals.

Granted, I could be full of shit as I don't know the backend operations, but when Pippa raided Shiina, she was in the low hundreds which makes me feel like they're not letting their talent grow before bringing on new talent.
This post was already long and hideous, then this showed up. That said, the shorts do affect some things in some ways. @Godzilla1984 posted that Sad cat dance video from Whiskey which is definitely nothing but an algorithm bait and it paid off. Last time I was skimming the homeland, I was popping in and out of some threads to check info and a person or two I wasn't familiar with brought up a "certain vtuber" in the Saints Row thread and how she was shitting on the game. It seemed like at least one or two people mentioning it weren't previously aware either. I don't know how it all works either, but it's definitely something that makes a potentially huge difference.

Extra edit: Just to finalize my retardation, I'll point out I checked Sora's Error stream from July, and the chapters screen only went up to 5 after 2-3 playthroughs. So I'm not completely crazy, the Train stuff was indeed either not in their streamed version or didn't exist and was added later.

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
No, it's the shorts. YouTube is pushing them hard as the biggest factor in Discoverability within the algorithm. It's so bad even the fucking Quartering is sucking it up and putting out shorts. YouTube is trying to find a format to compete with Tiktok, which is the biggest thing the zoomer audience they want is using.

Shorts are also the way Shiki from Prism Project got her massive sub numbers. Massive viral shorts that got lots of subs. Unfortunately, they don't do much in the realm of engaging additional CCVs to her stream as despite her 130k or so subs, she's only pulling 125 or so CCV average.
Shorts generate subs but as you mentioned they don't translate to engagement outside of that and from everything I've heard they are compartmentalized by youtube such that it's unlikely you'll get recommended long form content from someone you subscribed to by means of shorts. Some channels have decided to split and make one for shorts and one for their normal content as a result.

In this same time span she went from 500-800 viewers on average (CCV) to 1-1.5k, which is what makes me think it's more attributed to her audience breaking out and her being recommended by the algorithm than shorts necessarily. Sometimes youtube will randomly just spike your impressions to a factor of 10 or more on a random video and if your CTR and watch time are decent it will continue to roll.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
There will be commentary stream on Ames channel her co-host remains unannounced it's also on the 23rd
I bet it will be one of the guys and she is not announcing it beforehand to avoid sperging because of MALES. Probably going to be Altaire.

Not only the shorts but also she's posting short 6-9minute long videos every day or two.

About a month ago I started doing about 5-6 clips a week. Almost doubled in subscribers in 1 month than I had in my previous 8 months. Youtube puts your shit on people's feed if you are constantly releasing content.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I'm surprised there have not been any comments about Regis going into Calli's hole and blowing his load:
1663394926057.png

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
As mentioned by the Scuttler, Anycolor released their financial report. This shit's confusing to read, the units of thousands/millions of yen are confusing too, but they seem to be making good profit, and their stocks are going up noticeably as a result.

Attachments

• 00.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 7

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Crossposting from 🦄 thread
Went and checked out the Farms and found the unicorn sperging starting to trickle in
Screenshot_20220916-232405.pngregis1.pngregis2.pngregis3.png

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Kaela is streaming Holocure. Since its Kaela expect it to be a long stream (5 hours MINIMUM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom