"You stupid Zoomer, you imbecile Zoomer"Noir Vesper

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Pippa got a degree and didn't go to college, what did she do?
She must have got a GED I guess. That's just a High School equivalent though, she's talking too vague to understand exactly what she did.

Edit: So I guess she did end up finishing High School and didn't last very long in college. Is this all brand new Pippa lore? Surprised she never said anything about this.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Sonic is a series, especially in the modern game design space, that isn't that appealing for most people gameplay wise unless you're some kind of autist who enjoys doing things repetitively to improve at it. Sonic is a fun series to play in an arcade-y kind of way where you go for the best time through trial and error mastery of the level design and playing with the game's physics and mechanics (assuming these things aren't dog shit, which sometimes they are).
I don't mind those kinds of games, if the amount of times I played through Sekiro and Ace Combat is any indication of that. It's just the series itself isn't my style to begin with, and playing through it multiple times seems more like a chore than anything else. Doesn't help that when I watched Magni go through Heroes he seemed super annoyed with having to go through the same levels but with different characters. The jank and other stuff don't help make it look any better.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Highschool.
She must have got a GED I guess. That's just a High School equivalent though, she's talking too vague to understand exactly what she did.
She confirmed it was a high school "degree" which I normally think of as a diploma. She did try for robotics, imagine we could have had a mecha-Pippa. :pippasadl:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Who the hell hurt Pippa? Jesus fucking Christ it's like she hates every video game made.
I can kinda agree with her. The Majority of modern video games are all basically soulless.
Her fucking JRPG takes Including Xenoblade and Persona are fucking beyond awful, though.
Modern Persona games are entirely carried by the Demons and aesthetics I can agree with. Persona 5 is entirely carried for the UI design praise and its mid-tier (for Modern Persona standards) OST. Persona 4 is still the GOAT though.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Edit: So I guess she did end up finishing High School and didn't last very long in college. Is this all brand new Pippa lore? Surprised she never said anything about this.
She dropped out of high school.
She never went to college.
She went back and finished high school.
None of this is new information.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
She dropped out of high school.
She never went to college.
She went back and finished high school.
None of this is new information.
Ah ok, guess I'm just too new of a capippi. So my retarded ass thought she never finished High School.

I can kinda agree with her. The Majority of modern video games are all basically soulless.
Her fucking JRPG takes Including Xenoblade and Persona are fucking beyond awful, though.
Modern Persona games are entirely carried by the Demons and aesthetics I can agree with. Persona 5 is entirely carried for the UI design praise and its mid-tier (for Modern Persona standards) OST. Persona 4 is still the GOAT though.
She's not wrong on some things. Modern Ubisoft open worlds are trash and filled with pointless filler. Never played much of Xenoblade besides a little of X, and it seemed pretty fun, almost like a single player MMO. Persona 4 is one of my all time favorites so that was a bad take for me. You could tell even more people than usual said bad take for that and Xenoblade compared to BoTW.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
The most awkward and lankiest bear putting plastic models together again

Stream seems fun so far. excited for the club penguin later this week.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I don't mind those kinds of games, if the amount of times I played through Sekiro and Ace Combat is any indication of that. It's just the series itself isn't my style to begin with, and playing through it multiple times seems more like a chore than anything else. Doesn't help that when I watched Magni go through Heroes he seemed super annoyed with having to go through the same levels but with different characters. The jank and other stuff don't help make it look any better.
Sonic has a fuck load of padding post 2000s even in his good games, if you break it all down the games should only be like 3-4 hours long, but that just didn't fly with where gaming trends were going at the time so you get dumb shit like Heroes did. Magni is kind of bad at Sonic if I'm frank even with the jank, but obviously "skill issue" doesn't fix Heroes forcing you play the game 4 times to get the full ending. Although you can just ignore that and just play what you like, not like Heroes' story is worth caring about honestly.

Sonic is a strangely niche type of game that only Sonic embodies outside of indie titles. Even when platformers were popular pretty much no one tried to clone Sonic's high speed style and level design. This series is only as popular as it is for (man)childhood reasons, furries, and it is practically made for obsessive autists who are willing to do shit like the below for fun just to push the game's speed as hard as possible. This looks like just messy jank like every other Sonic game, but how fast and precise you have to be to pull this off and make Sonic controllably fly like this is hard to do and you'll never get this type of thing if you play the game normally. Unleashed is a pretty stable game all things considered, too bad it is stuck in 360 era hardware unless you emulate it.

To try and bring this back to men with voice changers, Axel has been having internet issues since yesterday which is why he didn't stream DDLC and I think he is going to try on stream on his phone because his ISP can't fix shit until Friday his time.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
She's not wrong on some things. Modern Ubisoft open worlds are trash and filled with pointless filler.
She definitely isn't. Honestly ever since BOTW, Skyrim, and GTA V there's been so many shitty games that have been reusing the "ITS OPEN WORLD BROS" to a fucking obnoxiously tiring degree and by now I would unironically enjoy a game with a slightly decorated hallway for a world map at this point than a big empty map.
Also most of her criticisms for Open world games apply to some of her favorite games.
Never played much of Xenoblade besides a little of X, and it seemed pretty fun, almost like a single player MMO.
To a degree it really is just a single player MMO. You get a big ass map with a ton of quests and hubworlds. Combat is (I assume to be) typically equivalent to MMOs having someone tank damage, the protagonist is typically DPS, and a support to heal everyone (I have never played MMOs and have watched a minimal amount).
She bases her views on Xenoblade on fucking Videogame "Keep saying it" Dunkey who hates JRPGs with a passion.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
And chat is so buck broken by their collective retardation that they all think the game is fucking terrible because she's intentionally being retarded.
To be frank, the game looks pretty average and not terrible, but nothing special, technical issues, and asset flip jokes aside, meaning it's easily in the top 10 best Sonic games.
Yeah between Magni creaming himself, and Pippa malding herself, it's been a weird watch to skim. It honestly just looks pretty alrightish at best/worst. Typical newer open world nonsense, but it at least seems like it has a bit more effort than "Climb 60 phone line towers" type shit.

Clock me if somebody already share this but I just find this funny. Arin really fell from the "Jontron era" Game Grump days.

I remember those days, one of the threads I actually used to pop in and check on. The dude's so fucking uninteresting though that there was basically fuck all for anyone to post about most the time for a while now. Some dumb bitching on twitter and rehashing the same jokes or stories for the last like 6 years or whatever while sitting on a coach pretending he still likes games.
Least he's a funny clown once in a while, and watching him be salty about getting his shit rocked in the ring gave me some giggles.

Some of her takes are.. well she's not a game reviewer for a reason. It does amuse me how much of her chat is new or forgets how her main love of gaming seems to stem from "Some sort of asian mmo that used to have a login queue longer than most the dungeons or the story content."
I can understand people not liking things like P3-5 and whatnot, but she really just radiated the "I never touched thing but thing sucks" aura on that one. I haven't touched anything Nintendo console related in ages though so I can't comment on the rest of it.

Sven

She has mentioned her dislike of JRPG's many times in the past so her shit takes on them should be of little shock to anyone and the genre like all genre's isn't for everyone. I am a bit impressed she seems to hate both Persona and Xeno as those 2 series alongside Chrono Trigger seem to be the few that even those who dislike JRPGS can get into to some degree.

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
She bases her views on Xenoblade on fucking Videogame "Keep saying it" Dunkey who hates JRPGs with a passion.
Just for that I'm considering unsubscribing. Anyone that willingly watches the embodiment of "I was just pretending to be retarded!" is obviously touched in the head.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
White woman has bad opinion, thousands of weebs in shambles

ippy

Spergatory

Early Adopter
So Pippa understands why people like Persona, but still says Xenoblade sucks and doesn't understand it. 1 step forward, 1 step back. :smugpipi:

Oh no, not Lumi too.

GOTBB

goddamn it Gura. The one time you do a member's streams, you kill my fucking ears.
Oh, I loved it.
Reminds me more of the Sen voice than the GG VR mic.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Pippa mentioned that whatever is weighing on her mind she can't talk about until a while from now, I wonder if there's some drama happening behind the scenes in Phase.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Yeah between Magni creaming himself, and Pippa malding herself, it's been a weird watch to skim.
Yeah, but to be fair, Magni's autism and positivity and him actually engaging with the game mechanics is much more interesting to watch than female Dunkey over here pretending to be retarded. The Sonic Frontiers stream has 50 dislikes compared to the usual 10-20 too.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Pippa mentioned that whatever is weighing on her mind she can't talk about until a while from now, I wonder if there's some drama happening behind the scenes in Phase.
Water is wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom