"I’m awake, hold them off for a bit. I need to gather up some chakra before I can enter sage mode"Noir Vesper

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Feeling sad? Want to watch silly girls do more silly things? Sportsfest is still happening

Yea yea - it's reddit but this is a great breakdown of the event if you haven't been paying attention
Event Breakdown

Didn't even realize it was today, it somehow feels a lot more underwhelming than last year's...

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

"I've seen the needle screwdriver and the damage done..."

'Ouch' is all I have to say. Computer hardware changes rapidly. It can be tough to keep up with changing standards.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Fucking Daylight Savings
One day we'll get a chuuba to cover this

Found this on the fedi
7275edf4c65bc073.png

Also I'm trying to learn to use yt-dlp cause on Friday nights Razorfist stream he got donos asking about Pippa. Yt-dlp keeps wanting to save the thing as a webm so once I can figure this out I'll clip out the relevants parts and post them here.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I'm pretty sure kronii singed ¨The people like, damn! that's a cold ass honkey¨ part from thrift shop without knowing what it means, so anyone with more time and ability add it to the quote list.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Looks like we might get to see some Pipventures in the future.

vestars20

Early Adopter
Also I'm trying to learn to use yt-dlp cause on Friday nights Razorfist stream he got donos asking about Pippa. Yt-dlp keeps wanting to save the thing as a webm so once I can figure this out I'll clip out the relevants parts and post them here.
Peeps are gonna get Pippa a real visit... Also, if you are just downloading vod's jdownloader is infinitely easier.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Didn't even realize it was today, it somehow feels a lot more underwhelming than last year's...
The 45 min I saw was a lot of fun but I definitely prefer last year.

Last year the event was 5.5 hrs. This year it was 3. Last year there were English speaking POVs, this year there wasn't and that limits the interactions I can find super enjoyable (still feel I should've joined the 2nd half sooner but oh well). I like the JP girls but I'm not subbed to them, so watching them interact isn't as fun as watching the Myth or ID or Council girls interact.

Also there was no EN or ID girls until the second stream. And finally, last year there were 17 English speaking participants, this year there were 9.

Wonder why there were all these differences.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Also someone in chat said Vesper sounds like fucking Charlie which led to Magni making a slightly snide comment about the moist man lmao. Also Magni might have killed his mobo already by trying to drive a screw in but spent like a solid minute scraping the screwdriver against the mobo itself
Should be fine. Computer components are way tougher than people make them out to be.

Magical Pippa stream tonight otherwise.
I skipped out on it. Roblox filters me so fucking much and I have been trying to get this fucking video out.

If its from a live stream use:
yt-dlp.exe URL --live-from-start -f "bv*[ext=mp4]+ba/b[ext=mp4] / bv*+ba/b" --ignore-error

If not then you are probably fucked as it seems to always prefer Webm. I can't seem to download MP4 with it if its a VOD which means I have to manually throw it in another Editor just to change the format to MP4

Last year the event was 5.5 hrs. This year it was 3. Last year there were English speaking POVs, this year there wasn't and that limits the interactions I can find super enjoyable (still feel I should've joined the 2nd half sooner but oh well). I like the JP girls but I'm not subbed to them, so watching them interact isn't as fun as watching the Myth or ID or Council girls interact.

Also there was no EN or ID girls until the second stream. And finally, last year there were 17 English speaking participants, this year there were 9.

Guessing EN is absent due to everyone magically having a break/hiatus/shit pop up. The fact that EN has been somewhat dead these last weeks makes me think they are busy recording something pretty big for either end of the year or thanksgiving or some shit.

Tuned out for a sec but Shiina seems to be doing really well. She's singing Karaoke and I guess the other girl left and raided her because she has 1700 CCV and every second her Follower notification pops up. Prior to this she had her 10hour long Fan/Member Meetup on Discord. So shes been working for the past 12 hours or so.
1667719748697.png

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
Earlier today, Pomu was playing some Azure Lane knockoff with Selen as part of a sponsorship deal. During the stream, Pomu's game crashed not once, not twice, not thrice, not quadrice, but five times. The game never crashed for Selen, so I guess it was just bad luck on Pomu's part.
pomu sweating.PNG

Pomu sweating bullets as she thinks about what the shady Singaporean developers of the game are going to do to her and her family after they watch her stream.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Earlier today, Pomu was playing some Azure Lane knockoff with Selen as part of a sponsorship deal. During the stream, Pomu's game crashed not once, not twice, not thrice, not quadrice, but five times. The game never crashed for Selen, so I guess it was just bad luck on Pomu's part.
I wonder if her system has a hidden bit of instability somewhere, and that's how it decided to pop up. Hardware, software, who knows

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Rare guerilla Aqua stream. Seems like she wants to talk about the sports festival and couldn't wait.

This year's Holo Sports Festival was pretty good. It flowed much more smoothly, the transition between games wasn't long and overall the games felt better, especially the mob battle one. It helped that there wasn't a need to explain the rules multiple times or redo any of them because of misunderstandings. As much as I wanted to see Fauna or Gura tryharding their asses off again, cutting off most of EN/ID felt like the correct choice. This year's festival was only 3 hours compared to last year's near 6 hours lol. It felt like Miko, Mio and Subaru were less stressed out too.

That being said, there was no way this year was going to live up to last year's hype. I can still remember the final race between Kiara and Moona only for the score to be tied in the end thanks to Haachama, who was stuck and forgotten in Red Light Green Light cause her keyboard messed up. It feels autistic to say because it's a bunch of anime women competing in fucking Minecraft of all things, but removing most of the overseas girls reduced the stakes (and my interest) and made the whole event feel a little lacking. Hopefully Mio/Miko/Subaru can balance things out next year and include more of them without stressing themselves out.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

If it's from a live stream use:
yt-dlp.exe URL --live-from-start -f "bv*[ext=mp4]+ba/b[ext=mp4] / bv*+ba/b" --ignore-error

If not then you are probably fucked as it seems to always prefer Webm. I can't seem to download MP4 with it if it's a VOD which means I have to manually throw it in another Editor just to change the format to MP4
For any VOD i use yt-dlp -f "bv*[ext=mp4]+ba[ext=m4a]/b[ext=mp4] / bv*+ba/b" and so far it's all mp4.

EDIT: forgot to @The Peanut Gallery remember to download the FFmpeg library, otherwise not having it may be the cause of it downloading webm all the time.

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Child Protective Services on the way as we speak.

vestars20

Early Adopter

My best rrat - one of the EN members lightly complained about something and the JP members just washed their hands, I think it was Mori cause it's always Mori.

More likely, we know EN members are infinitely harder to organize, which is why there are no large EN projects, plus the lag might be an issue. The EN curse is a meme but also an indication of the difference between the branches. Ain't no ID curse.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Our beloved wife keeps posting videos on her roommate account. The next one in four hours.

Of course, I'm very happy to see her, but it's a little alarming nevertheless. Diversification?

vestars20

Early Adopter
Tuned out for a sec but Shiina seems to be doing really well. She's singing Karaoke and I guess the other girl left and raided her because she has 1700 CCV and every second her Follower notification pops up. Prior to this she had her 10hour long Fan/Member Meetup on Discord. So shes been working for the past 12 hours or so.
JFC - loving the hustle but I won't look at Twitch or Discord so maybe I am the old man yelling at the sky but I do like when chuuba's keep most of their activities to one site and maybe some twitter. Shiina is following the Tenma route.
This year's Holo Sports Festival was pretty good. It flowed much more smoothly, the transition between games wasn't long and overall the games felt better, especially the mob battle one. It helped that there wasn't a need to explain the rules multiple times or redo any of them because of misunderstandings. As much as I wanted to see Fauna or Gura tryharding their asses off again, cutting off most of EN/ID felt like the correct choice. This year's festival was only 3 hours compared to last year's near 6 hours lol. It felt like Miko, Mio and Subaru were less stressed out too.

That being said, there was no way this year was going to live up to last year's hype. I can still remember the final race between Kiara and Moona only for the score to be tied in the end thanks to Haachama, who was stuck and forgotten in Red Light Green Light cause her keyboard messed up. It feels autistic to say because it's a bunch of anime women competing in fucking Minecraft of all things, but removing most of the overseas girls reduced the stakes (and my interest) and made the whole event feel a little lacking. Hopefully Mio/Miko/Subaru can balance things out next year and include more of them without stressing themselves out.
Last years hype was huge! First, the JP members interest in EN members was at an all time high and everyone was still fawning over Gura and Mori while now days there are only a few interactions. Wasted potential for EN. The event was huge with almost every member taking part. Also, everyone was still playing Minecraft vs. now which was basically ID(Kaela) and Chaama.
BTW for anyone who has not seen it - I will plug the GOD of translators video again.

I won't pay for youtube premium but if Hololive put out a paid translation channel I'd pay for that.
Our beloved wife keeps posting videos on her roommate account. The next one in four hours.

Of course, I'm very happy to see her, but it's a little alarming nevertheless. Diversification?

Either way I want her to collab with her mom

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Cover songs don't get much better than this. Ike and Kagami collabed to perform 'MAYDAY' by Coldrain.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter

I love Nene and all, but does anyone else find it kind of unsettling hearing the super high-pitched cartoon voice coming out of a real person? I feel like it'd drive me up the wall after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom