"You made this Make-a-Wish kid very happy!"IronMouse

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
If you want some fun content look into how they made the original Crash Bandicoot game work and other shit back in the day of early 3D. It just shows what can be done when people are forced to use cleaver methods to accomplish their vision.

This is the biggest problem of modern tech. There's so much more power in the average computer hardware that no one really has to find creative solutions to pull off something impressive, or optimize to work under a certain restriction. I wish I remembered the quote better, but there's a line I saw a while ago that no matter how much better the hardware folks make for us, the lazy coders will ruin any advancement by optimizing less because they have more room to work with. When we have an average of 16gb RAM and an internet browser takes 50% of it because the coders can't be fucked to reduce the footprint, it's an issue.

The gaming industry getting up it's own ass in a race for pushing better and better visuals was the worst thing to happen to gaming. It's contributed basically nothing to improving the medium, has only driven up all costs and made everything else fall to the wayside as hardware pushed to improve to compensate, hand-in-hand with the desperation to add additional polygons to John Warfare's non-descript tacticool balaclava. All it's done is created an entire culture of actual mouthbreathers that can't accept anything that isn't bleeding edge visuals, to go right along with the actual monkeys that buy the same Activision game released 6 years in a row with just a slight variation of the same title and be charged a full $60 plus $250 in battle pass microtransactions.

I need to stop talking about the game industry before I start fedposting with what I think should be done to these big companies that keep bleeding the industry.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
The early 2000s were an era where gamers had great games but only really focused on graphical fidelity as the point to advance and improve, nowadays we have great graphics but shitty gameplay, terrible business practices and monetization models and non-existent narratives. Same thing happened to movies, CGI got great but movies are shittier than ever.
I hope vtubers never prioritize their model over having actual personalities and creative streams.... oh wait... :whatastory:
Limitation always spurs creativity, once you are given tools that overcome that limitation there's no way people would get creative.

But to be honest, most movies, games and generally people, are money driven they are not as passionate as the people from the 2000s

Holo EN karaoke to me is like:
iRyS is like a pro singer you manage to catch in concert at a small place and brag about it to friends
Kronii is a jazz bar musician everyone flirts with
Gura is one of those girls who attended band practice but grew out of the nerdiness and still sings

But Ame. Ame is the one you see grab the mic on karaoke and blast away and everyone thinks she's drunk but you look at her table and it's just one half empty beer bottle. But the whole damn bar is singing along with her.

Girl has heart, is what I'm trying to get to. It's natural to feel like singing along
From the start I always have that kind of vibe when watching ame karaoke, but some people mixes her karaoke and it turns out really good ngl.

Here's an example:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Here's a full clip of Pippa looking at her site analytics, shouting out 4chan & /pcg/, the Kiwi Farms, and this site (kinda). Slightly sped up and compressed for filespace.

Also, Israel and the Jewish people LOVE Pippa!
[ insert Metokur clip here ]

ADL_Pippa_2022-Update.png
I wonder if she'll fall for this one too.

paul

Early Adopter
and this thread will reach 1k pages in a day.
Looking back at the last hour (or at anytime Pippa streams), half of it will be from Reticule.
But besides the bad case of live-posting at minute intervals: Fubuki needs more ttrpg from Tempus and also retweeted some fan animations

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I thought you guys were overreacting when I saw their model and thought "it's just a cute little mouse", and then I saw their pinned tweet...
Why are you guys acting so surprised when this is literally written on her profile
aaaa.png

I remembered her back when she was just recently debuted and immediately looked away after realizing the kind of content she's promoting

Also Suisei's comeback live will start today at 9PM JST (around 4 hours from now), with a promise of guests and some important announcement
Having possibly two good concerts back-to-back sure is something

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Mari wasn't feeling well and decided to end early but not before showing this fanart off
FgoqQw5UAAAad-7.jpeg

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
The idiots that always buy latest gen tech because they want the clout for being on the hottest specs even though nothing exists that can really tax it are always funny. Back when Elden Ring was kicking off the amount of folks I saw having issues running it with 3080's and complaining even while I'm sitting here with a 1650 running it still perfectly smooth and not having problems makes me think that half the time, the 'cutting edge' bits aren't properly supported to run as effectively as older cards due to driver fuckery and all these people jumping to the latest card are just fucking themselves over.

Some of them also don't know shit about building PCs either, they just think biggest number = best thing and slap it all together. We can also thank them for being part of the problem that made modern gaming what it is. Always pushing for the hottest new feature or bigger, better [x] where graphics are the entire selling point, creating the arms race of technological lead that drove up development costs to the point that finding any new means of bleeding the audience for shekels becomes second priority, because the MSRP price tag no longer cuts it for recouping development costs. They only have themselves and their greed to blame but somehow we end up being the ones to pay for it.
Reminds me of people with $3000+ rigs with high-end specs running games on Moderate settings. Or buying those curved ultra-wide monitors that have a refresh rate of 30hz boasting about playing games at 120frames.

Cover, give this man a new daughter to dote on, for the love of God.

I feel so bad for him. He was so excited for Sana and you could see him on many of her streams.

Has any vtuber sang "Out of Touch" by Hall and Oats?? Besides Nyanners because I've seen her clips of the song. She sings it good! I'm just curious if others have as well?
Not many Vtubers know 80's songs other than the really popular ones like Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Believing. Ame has very good musical taste.

Also Suisei's comeback live will start today at 9PM JST (around 4 hours from now), with a promise of guests and some important announcement
Having possibly two good concerts back-to-back sure is something

This bitch had throat surgery a few weeks ago and she comes back with a mini concert? Fucking hell. I would have expected a simple comfy zatsu or something. No wonder they burn out and their throat dies at the age of 26.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
View attachment 4350
LET'S GOOOO

View attachment 4354
Hey look it's us again

I keep hearing more people having eye issues recently, Pippa included, and I started to have some problems a few years ago, so I wonder if something new was introduced that produces pollen around this time. I know thistle plants became rampant in a lot of places.

View attachment 4349
KF > Reddit, but 4Channel are the blueboards, so VT wins out in schizos. Xenforo might be us?

View attachment 4351
Look ma, I'm on TV.
At least I think that's us.

Oh hey that's us?
View attachment 4353

Edit: Uhhhh, IRyS said something or something. I'm not late. Uhhhh, oh! She retweeted another slightly yab art. That's what I was going to say.

View attachment 4352
Obscured from a subdomain, if only this place had a proper domain of its own.

LOOK MA, WE ON TV!!!

View attachment 4355

NINJAD! TWICE!

lmao tv tropes pipkin

I know this thread turns to shit during pippa hours but, is this a new record?

I think most of these stats are somewhat wacky given how some of us are in regards to opsec - being behind a vpn or tor node 24/7 etc.
For example when I am at work I watch all youtube vids and archives on an Invidious instance, so this is more likely to reflect her "more casual" audience.

Edit: does anyone know anything about HinaBoBina? Just found a clip of her and well the clip speaks for itself:

Last edited:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Thanks as always for keeping up several hours longer than I should be, Ame. Love you to death.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Edit: does anyone know anything about HinaBoBina, just found a clip of her and well the clip speaks for itself:

The name sounds familiar so im guessing a clip or two of hers might have made it around on the farms but I don't really remember.

For those that like music/singing. This 3-view from Japan is killing it. 10k subs, and 350 CCV (not bad).

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Edit: does anyone know anything about HinaBoBina, just found a clip of her and well the clip speaks for itself:

I'm pretty sure she's friends with MariMari. I've seen her in Mari's chat and they seem to have known each other for a while and have collabed before. Never watched her myself though so I can't really say how her streams are.

Speech To Text

She's MariMari_EN's roommate. Shes like Mari where theres lots of That Guy With The Glasses mentions, similar community, and poop/piss/cum talk. She also does a really good Carl Wheezer impression. If you like Mari you'll probably like her.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Interesting tweet from Pippa:

So, anyone want to answer this? I rather enjoy Pippa's Minecraft streams

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

It happened to all of us.

Just imagine, being this straightforward with your chat about your heterosexuality.
How in the fuck is Dez still streaming Sonic Heroes....6 hours later. The man is literally mental. The human brain can't handle that much Sonic.
Sonic fan, therefore furry, therefore not human.

Subaru won't even have to read him his rights.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Noone pinged me about kobo playing dota yesterday!!!!

too bad no english but cannot expect shit to be perfect might aswell take what i can

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter

I personally watch Hermitcraft, and they do crazy shit in survival minecraft. Pippa's minecraft streams are just boring version of her regular zatsus. She doesn't do anything interesting.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
[tweet]

Minecraft is a game you can enjoy in many ways. Pippa uses it as a multiplayer tool, kinda like VRchat? If I want to watch something about actual building, cool cave cities, underwater bases and such, why would I watch Pippa.

Even more so, if we are talking redstone and farm builds. Another way of enjoying block game is using knowledge of game mechanics and pushing them to the limit. Farms that produce millions of items per hour, complex storage systems, fucking calculaters and computers! Computers build inside of the game!

More about types of players by Mumbo Jumbo of Hermitcraft Server.

And don't forget, every type Mumbo is bringing up will have its own subdivisions! Here is ilmango from SciCraft naming 20 Technical types.

EDIT: All and all, chances are people who are into Minecraft already have their prefered playstyles and creators, and it might be not what Pippa is doing.

Team Secret having fun with Kobo:
0.jpg

Last edited:

Elite Miko

Early Adopter

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Here's a full clip of Pippa looking at her site analytics, shouting out 4chan & /pcg/, the Kiwi Farms, and this site (kinda). Slightly sped up and compressed for filespace.
View attachment 4381
Pippa tells normies to stay on a normie site, and normies say that this is a victory over the ebil kiwifarms.

I concur, please stay away.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
does anyone know anything about HinaBoBina? Just found a clip of her and well the clip speaks for itself:

I actually tuned in once Mari went offline for about an hour or so. Tuned into her talking about cannibalism for survival purposes. She then got around to saying congress should be forced to pass/reject a bill in 30 days under penalty of death then ended up talking about Wings and his wife (not sure if she knows about the shoe man).

I liked listening to her minecraft streams with Lisa and the brief tour of yubicraft she did with Shiina. Usually I don't click on a minecraft stream for minecraft.

Also if anyone is curious about lopi I found this clip via /pcg/ and should be kept in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom