"'Excuse me ma'am, have you considered -inclusivity- in your -private time-' I JUST WANT TO HAVE AN ORGASM!'"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Kinda felt like this was mostly a shout out video to Phase Connect - Cool by me. Though I do believe we are currently in the "Fishman Bad" part of the opinion cycle.
Seemed to be ALOT of Marica Bellerose in there... 🎲
Criticism: Not enough Shiina.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Remi's chat makes me mad. Shiina's chat makes me mad. I ignore it but suddenly I hear "Chat is being too toxic I have to go, you guys are being jerks". Shiina's too good for her chat, Remi's too nice to her chat. A good thing about Pippa's growth is there so many more viewers drowning out the discord crew.
PC girls' chats are just the perfect size to be readable, but at the same time filled with mongoloid retards who don't know what the fuck they're talking about, but think they do. So you get baited in by actually being able to participate, only to then see the most retarded shit imaginable passed off as concrete facts. Only Tenma really has it under control because she just fucking bans people instantly for backseating.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Fishman is smoking crack with these prices.
$70 for a fucking hoodie.
70$ for a hoodie might make sense but not for that lazy design. I wish more companies tried to do more physical production instead of just licensing product for the grift, at least then they could say the higher price is because they're building out long term production that will lead to lower prices down the line and they need the early support.

Even if it doesn't catch on fire, you're still paying out the ass for electricity, a new PSU, a bigger case, etc., just to play Azur Lane on a phone emulator.
Generally it's better to buy a graphics card of the previous generation or even two, most games aren't that hardcore on GPU processing. There are people out there who probably pay out the ass for hardware specs just to do nothing but browse the Internet.

CardiacMaple

Gods Quietest Lurker
Even if it doesn't catch on fire, you're still paying out the ass for electricity, a new PSU, a bigger case, etc., just to play Azur Lane on a phone emulator.
I feel called out with that last bit, although I'm on a Radeon RX 580, so I'll count myself lucky

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Generally it's better to buy a graphics card of the previous generation or even two, most games aren't that hardcore on GPU processing. There are people out there who probably pay out the ass for hardware specs just to do nothing but browse the Internet.
Maybe not a few years ago, but if you want to play in 4k, you'll want a top of the line card. That's still for enthusiasts though. For a streamer like Pippa a 3080/3090 is still good

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Maybe not a few years ago, but if you want to play in 4k, you'll want a top of the line card
Maybe it's just me but 4k doesn't appeal that much to me (As in it's cool to have but I'm not going out of my way for it), and what games really force you into it? There's a ton of shit that still uses 2d sprites (Holocure) and many games downgrade their graphics to have a larger audience, and in the case of WoW originally it had a very cartoony style that was easier to run but it ended up being an advantage not only for processing power but also for style that was appealing on a visual level as it was easy to recognize at a distance. Then there's the general rise of mobile gaming, as well as indie companies that just aren't going to push graphics but will push story and gameplay.

CardiacMaple

Gods Quietest Lurker
Maybe it's just me but 4k doesn't appeal that much to me (As in it's cool to have but I'm not going out of my way for it), and what games really force you into it? There's a ton of shit that still uses 2d sprites (Holocure) and many games downgrade their graphics to have a larger audience, and in the case of WoW originally it had a very cartoony style that was easier to run but it ended up being an advantage not only for processing power but also for style that was appealing on a visual level as it was easy to recognize at a distance. Then there's the general rise of mobile gaming, as well as indie companies that just aren't going to push graphics but will push story and gameplay.
To me, 720p is the minimum resolution I would be fine with, while 4K and above are overkill for me. Does the monitor resolution also factor into this too?

Spergatory

Early Adopter
4K is if you want to play on a tv or you are rich and have 4k monitors. Also, you're talking about a one person fan game and a 20 year old MMO. I get what you're saying but games still push graphics. Mobile gaming also doesn't have much relevance when it comes to PC/console games in terms of graphics. I play in 4k when I want to relax and play on my tv, but I have 1440p monitors and that is the sweet spot in my opinion.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
All she needs to do is not use the cable that comes with the card and get a CableMod one. But this is Pippa, she has extreme pipkin.
Before the Nvidia cope posting comes into play; I've done the research. A 4090 will probably need a 1000W PSU If you're Overclocking it (the 1 card would likely be drawing ~800W) No OC and its more like 680W but that really depends on the silicone. Is it really worth it when you could get a 3090 that works just fine, doesn't require a huge fucking case to hold it in, and doesn't melt a 1st party adapter? In my opinion, no. but I'm an AMD shill so my opinion is trash.
Also AMD announced the rx7900 XTX today on top of that. :SelenHAHAhere:
1667536856247.png

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
4K is if you want to play on a tv or you are rich and have 4k monitors. Also, you're talking about a one person fan game and a 20 year old MMO. I get what you're saying but games still push graphics. Mobile gaming also doesn't have much relevance when it comes to PC/console games in terms of graphics. I play in 4k when I want to relax and play on my tv, but I have 1440p monitors and that is the sweet spot in my opinion.
That's the thing though, I haven't really cared about most new games and maybe that's just me, but I keep hearing these giant hype flops. The reason I bring up Holocure is because for a solo fangame I've had more fun with it than most modern games, and despite being on a vtuber forum I don't really know any of the people in it beyond their image and name. Though really, aren't most popular games just old games, whether it's WoW or FFXIV, both of which are older games that just continue to update, League of Legends and DOTA are the same, and then there are the constant rereleases like Skyrim and more lately old expansions of WoW.

I just think we hit a point where until something changes massively, graphics just aren't as big as they once were. I'm fine with 1080-1440p, and sure maybe a decade from now I won't be happy unless it's 4k, but that's more because it's cheap enough to be the norm, not because I can't enjoy content without it. Sort of how like how old videos have annoying pixilation today because out monitors also evolved a good deal, but I can still enjoy them.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Ame is doing karaoke.

Damnit detective it's getting late...
Ah well I'll stay and watch my oshi. Ame has been doing some lengthy karaokes in the recent past I wonder how late this will be. Rolling for 80s pop vibe that's my favorite Ame vibe.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Remember those Hololive lamps that company was shilling out not too long ago? I guess they didn't care enough to make the height ratios somewhat comparable lol

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
That's the thing though, I haven't really cared about most new games and maybe that's just me, but I keep hearing these giant hype flops. The reason I bring up Holocure is because for a solo fangame I've had more fun with it than most modern games, and despite being on a vtuber forum I don't really know any of the people in it beyond their image and name. Though really, aren't most popular games just old games, whether it's WoW or FFXIV, both of which are older games that just continue to update, League of Legends and DOTA are the same, and then there are the constant rereleases like Skyrim and more lately old expansions of WoW.

I just think we hit a point where until something changes massively, graphics just aren't as big as they once were. I'm fine with 1080-1440p, and sure maybe a decade from now I won't be happy unless it's 4k, but that's more because it's cheap enough to be the norm, not because I can't enjoy content without it. Sort of how like how old videos have annoying pixilation today because out monitors also evolved a good deal, but I can still enjoy them.
Unironically Vampire Survivors is the best game of 2022, and Holocure is as close as a perfect vtuber copy as there can be. I'm with you that a good game doesn't need great or even good graphics. I've definitely had more fun with VS and Holocure and spreadsheet games like Rule the Waves than with spectacle shooters. And ironically the video game industry is also constrained on graphical quality, because consoles aren't keeping up with graphic card capabilities, and you get disasters like Cyberpunk 2077 being promised on the PS4 and then getting refunded for being unplayable. It's interesting that the two reasons I would buy a video card in November 2022 are AI and video rendering, not graphics.

That said the other game of the year for me is Elden Ring which is definitely an example of the visual spectacle working just right.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Edit: Uhhhh, IRyS said something or something. I'm not late. Uhhhh, oh! She retweeted another slightly yab art. That's what I was going to say.
I wasn't kidding.
1667539560111.png

In other news, is this a default outfit/pose for Ame in her karaoke? At first I thought the outer robe and hands were pngs, but then I noticed that it's all rigged.

Also I just watched the final episode of HoloweEN. I'm willing to bet Vesper is now a big fan of Mumei with that dumpy.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Unless I've completely missed it, I haven't seen lopi or filian mentioned in the thread. Interesting they took top spots in two different categories.
I only recall seeing lopi while browsing /vt/
Damn Razorfist and Critical Drinker have fan overlap? Kinda based to be honest, although I think Razorfist hates anime.
Het hates modern anime. He's a big fan of lodoss war and ronin warriors
View attachment 4351
Look ma, I'm on TV.
At least I think that's us.
I mean how many other xenforo vtuber forums could there be that don't have their own uniqe url?

Proctor should get himself some jannies after this stream
@The Proctor when you finally have to get mods, all I ask is you title them "Orderly."
Fishman is smoking crack with these prices.
$70 for a fucking hoodie.
But it's custom roast :smugpipi:

TwoBit

Early Adopter
Filian was talked about a few times on the Farms especially after the George Floyd breathtaking joke which people tried to cancel her for. She has amazing 3d tracking and does really great slapstick-type content and shorts. I don't watch her but I get a ton of clips of her doing flips and shit and her skirt going up and her model's ass/thong showing.
100% correct about Filian. I discovered her in my feed on tiktok. I thought she was an notable vtuber with great VR tracking from the clips I watched. But when I looked on YT for clips, all I found were coomer clips of her "accidently" showing her butt. She is funny though to be fair.

The Pippa fancord has mods and users with a general dislike towards Kiwis iirc. I remember leaving when they sperged out about her inclining.
Yeah I remember a few of us getting banned from there during Pippa's stream because they got pissed at us for calling them jannies. She even talked about it when it was happening. Fuck, I can't remember which stream it was though...

Ame is doing karaoke practice.

You know, Ame sounds pretty good when you've had a few shots. 🥃It makes you wanna sing along with her like the tard you are!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The early 2000s were an era where gamers had great games but only really focused on graphical fidelity as the point to advance and improve, nowadays we have great graphics but shitty gameplay, terrible business practices and monetization models and non-existent narratives. Same thing happened to movies, CGI got great but movies are shittier than ever.
I hope vtubers never prioritize their model over having actual personalities and creative streams.... oh wait... :whatastory:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Remember those Hololive lamps that company was shilling out not too long ago? I guess they didn't care enough to make the height ratios somewhat comparable lol

They kinda fucked up there. I would expect them to either use the same scale or at least cut them off at a point where all of the lamps end up being the same size. A real shame since they are pretty cool. That said I probably won't be getting any Holo merch anytime soon. Today I finally got my Gura Nendo. I preordered after they became available. 1year and 3months later I finally got it.

Hope you guys enjoy clickbait (mainly for the normies) and shorts (also for the normies). The goal is to get this dumb rabbit to 100,000 before the end of the year so I will try to work with shorts. Still working on the Overwatch video. Should be out either late Friday or early Saturday.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
You know, Ame sounds pretty good when you've had a few shots. 🥃It makes you wanna sing along with her like the tard you are!
Holo EN karaoke to me is like:
iRyS is like a pro singer you manage to catch in concert at a small place and brag about it to friends
Kronii is a jazz bar musician everyone flirts with
Gura is one of those girls who attended band practice but grew out of the nerdiness and still sings

But Ame. Ame is the one you see grab the mic on karaoke and blast away and everyone thinks she's drunk but you look at her table and it's just one half empty beer bottle. But the whole damn bar is singing along with her.

Girl has heart, is what I'm trying to get to. It's natural to feel like singing along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom