"And that is the kind of quality content you can expect on the Pen... yvughmmvhaimAhppa... avVAdduh... heddhumYewchube channel! Thank you very much, I'm gonna go lie down and die now"Rin Penrose

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
The early 2000s were an era where gamers had great games but only really focused on graphical fidelity as the point to advance and improve, nowadays we have great graphics but shitty gameplay, terrible business practices and monetization models and non-existent narratives. Same thing happened to movies, CGI got great but movies are shittier than ever.
I hope vtubers never prioritize their model over having actual personalities and creative streams.... oh wait... :whatastory:
I think the early 2000's was the point where we were seeing graphic innovation as well as gameplay innovation as we had a ton of stuff come out whether it was Gears of War or Guitar Hero with the special control, and even that one mecha game with the 200 dollar package. At some point these companies didn't innovate and things like Skyrim always were just mid. I also just think going 3D with Diablo was retarded, there's something gritty that the 2D sprites offered that just doesn't work with 3D, it's like when they try to do anime live action, it always sucks because the medium is important to the aesthetic.

I also don't want to sit here and say visuals don't matter, because they do, it's just sometimes "lesser" mediums offer a better aesthetic. That one RE clone game Pippa played looked like a ton of fun and it was very crude, probably 90's graphics level, and maybe it would be better with better graphics, there's always the excuse that it's a game that can be enjoyed by people not into the horror genre because of its crude visuals giving it a certain softness.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Ame sure is singing a lot of 80s songs :nehgah:

Edit - God I love how this dork does the instrumental parts too lmao

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Generally it's better to buy a graphics card of the previous generation or even two, most games aren't that hardcore on GPU processing. There are people out there who probably pay out the ass for hardware specs just to do nothing but browse the Internet.

The idiots that always buy latest gen tech because they want the clout for being on the hottest specs even though nothing exists that can really tax it are always funny. Back when Elden Ring was kicking off the amount of folks I saw having issues running it with 3080's and complaining even while I'm sitting here with a 1650 running it still perfectly smooth and not having problems makes me think that half the time, the 'cutting edge' bits aren't properly supported to run as effectively as older cards due to driver fuckery and all these people jumping to the latest card are just fucking themselves over.

Some of them also don't know shit about building PCs either, they just think biggest number = best thing and slap it all together. We can also thank them for being part of the problem that made modern gaming what it is. Always pushing for the hottest new feature or bigger, better [x] where graphics are the entire selling point, creating the arms race of technological lead that drove up development costs to the point that finding any new means of bleeding the audience for shekels becomes second priority, because the MSRP price tag no longer cuts it for recouping development costs. They only have themselves and their greed to blame but somehow we end up being the ones to pay for it.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Yeah, and apparently he makes her seethe too, because she was a bit asspained over the "$8 a month for your blue checkmark" idea. Her reasoning was "he just does stupid shit and it isn't funny", but I think everyone can agree that making the blue checkmark an even bigger retard detector is the funniest shit to come out of twitter in a long time.
If you have an online business and you use twitter to promote it, such as linking videos, streams, online stores, crowdfunding pages, etc then that $8 a month is just going to be part of the costs of doing business for you.

TwoBit

Early Adopter
/pcg/ already found us lads
View attachment 4366
Maybe it's time to implement Order: New Official Website Title. That'll throw them off for a few days!....

Holo EN karaoke to me is like:
iRyS is like a pro singer you manage to catch in concert at a small place and brag about it to friends
Kronii is a jazz bar musician everyone flirts with
Gura is one of those girls who attended band practice but grew out of the nerdiness and still sings

But Ame. Ame is the one you see grab the mic on karaoke and blast away and everyone thinks she's drunk but you look at her table and it's just one half empty beer bottle. But the whole damn bar is singing along with her.

Girl has heart, is what I'm trying to get to. It's natural to feel like singing along
EDIT: First time manually editing this in, so if it fucks up, my bad.
Dude, you are right about Ame. I always thought she was the weakest idol when it came to karaoke. I just needed to be a few drinks in to appreciate her true art.

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
The idiots that always buy latest gen tech because they want the clout for being on the hottest specs even though nothing exists that can really tax it are always funny. Back when Elden Ring was kicking off the amount of folks I saw having issues running it with 3080's and complaining even while I'm sitting here with a 1650 running it still perfectly smooth and not having problems makes me think that half the time, the 'cutting edge' bits aren't properly supported to run as effectively as older cards due to driver fuckery and all these people jumping to the latest card are just fucking themselves over.

Some of them also don't know shit about building PCs either, they just think biggest number = best thing and slap it all together. We can also thank them for being part of the problem that made modern gaming what it is. Always pushing for the hottest new feature or bigger, better [x] where graphics are the entire selling point, creating the arms race of technological lead that drove up development costs to the point that finding any new means of bleeding the audience for shekels becomes second priority, because the MSRP price tag no longer cuts it for recouping development costs. They only have themselves and their greed to blame but somehow we end up being the ones to pay for it.
These people in Remilia's PC build chat giving advice didn't know that Seasonic manufactures Corsair PSUs.... And Super Flower is a reputable manufacturer, a lot of EVGA's good stuff is made by them.

My main concern is pricing and availability in her country/region tbh. These builds are useless without what's in stock and prices

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Some of them also don't know shit about building PCs either, they just think biggest number = best thing and slap it all together.
My favorite part is dumb fucks buying 3080s and 3090s, and then using $80 CPUs and painfully slow ram, and then wondering why shit doesn't run properly. Also played Elden Ring on max settings on a 1060 just fine, while redditors were debating suicide because their $6000 battlestations couldn't run FromSoft's latest wet fart.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
1631752264666.jpg

Man, I love Ame's singing so much. Never realize I miss her until she comes back.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
My favorite part is dumb fucks buying 3080s and 3090s, and then using $80 CPUs and painfully slow ram, and then wondering why shit doesn't run properly. Also played Elden Ring on max settings on a 1060 just fine, while redditors were debating suicide because their $6000 battlestations couldn't run FromSoft's latest wet fart.
Where do you find an 80$ CPU? I cheaped out with a Ryzen 5 5600X in my latest build as I've melted too many CPUs in the past but even that wasn't that low. I also just don't think Elden Ring has that amazing graphics, I haven't played it so assume I'm retarded, but it feels like if it's properly optimized it shouldn't overdrive your shit. Maybe that's my gripe as well, there's a lot of shit that seems like it's no particularly optimized and the over specced builds compensate for it. If you want some fun content look into how they made the original Crash Bandicoot game work and other shit back in the day of early 3D. It just shows what can be done when people are forced to use cleaver methods to accomplish their vision.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Peak singing. Voice cracking and all.
giphy.gif
I always love how she leans into it, like a lot of singers would try to correct themselves to hit the note better, Ame just leans into gremlin mode.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
I always love how she leans into it, like a lot of singers would try to correct themselves to hit the note better, Ame just leans into gremlin mode.
It definitely makes her more endearing for sure.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Cover, give this man a new daughter to dote on, for the love of God.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
As a Nintendo kid, it's hilarious to hear people, even Big Sega Fans, talk about how many Sonic games are terrible, infuriating garbage. You have to look hard to find an actual bad Mario game; maybe Mario Is Missing, but that wasn't even made by Nintendo.
Let me know when Nintendo manages to make a Mario platformer that isn't just a rehash of Mario 64 or Super Mario Bros.

TwoBit

Early Adopter
Has any vtuber sang "Out of Touch" by Hall and Oats?? Besides Nyanners because I've seen her clips of the song. She sings it good! I'm just curious if others have as well?

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Wow, I haven't heard Ame use Misteavous Myth Buster as a bgm in a while. It is such a good fucking tune. I wish she use it more.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Mari stream. Just got done talking about what happend to James Rolfe's hair and on to booba talk. Hopefully this is up when I get home cause she shook a pill bottle earlier on and I need that clip for shitposting reasons.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Let me know when Nintendo manages to make a Mario platformer that isn't just a rehash of Mario 64 or Super Mario Bros.
This is why I've always leant more toward Sonic than Mario; Mario's more consistent in a lot of ways, but Sonic's just more interesting. Even the technically bad Sonic games can be fun to run through, but I burn out pretty quickly on New Super Mario Bros. 28 because they usually play it a bit -too- safe for my liking. I liked Odyssey a lot though.

Ame's singing has a bizarre charm to me. Some of those notes make even my usually tone-deaf ears recoil, but she's so unapologetic about it it just keeps me hooked.

GOTBB

Maybe it's time to implement Order: New Official Website Title. That'll throw them off for a few days!....

EDIT: First time manually editing this in, so if it fucks up, my bad.
Dude, you are right about Ame. I always thought she was the weakest idol when it came to karaoke. I just needed to be a few drinks in to appreciate her true art.
Yeah Gura is my favourite voice and all other EN I am more or less fine with (except Mumei) but AME, though I do not watch her otherwise, I love her singing and always have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom