"(takes long drink)... WOMEN"Ouro Kronii

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Fair, I don't watch him too much recently so I'm not the best on the subject.
It's not so much to say he's a bad person, it's just he's often times painted as this very unbiased person when he's in fact very biased and it shows when you watch how much he presses guests on certain topics. That's fine, and we're all biased, but I think a lot of people are learning how to impartial from someone who clearly isn't.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Airi dropped this handcam vid

1667187482535949.png

1667188290061668.png

If only I spoke korean.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
"Don't go in the fridge"

Irys: GOES INTO THE FUCKING FRIDGE.

:urtearingmeapart:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Wasn't able to get a screengrab in time but Ame's camera clipping into the walls showed they were full of the psycho mumeis (which we definitely need a smilie for, if possible). Falling through the floor aside, this map seems pretty cool. They put a lot of love into it, at least.

1667191061875.png

Oh hey, an affront to God.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Not sure why, but this collab is giving me flashbacks of when they played that 'Hello Neighbor' game. The mansion is sort of reminding me of that game, too.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Vesper members stream 10/30/2022:

Brief selected highlights:
  • Vesper regrets not playing a scary game for Halloween [he hasn't played a scary game yet, and his break day is tomorrow the 31st]. He's considering doing a guerilla stream of some game that holo has permissions for. It'll depend on whether the Tempus collab tomorrow is a scary game or not.
  • Vesper is happy the others all enjoyed the DnD stream. That was his number one concern. His goal for the next few sessions is to figure out how to get them all hooked on DnD.
  • Vesper likes to think of his TTRPG settings as operating independent of the characters. The rest of the world should be moving along regardless of what the characters are doing.
    • Does this mean Vesper has storylines going on in the background of the campaign?
      • Yes. Vesper's masterpiece setting that he DMed while in highschool and college had a war going on in the background of the setting. The players were not involved on either side, but the war would have trickle-down effects on them.
  • The Sunless Citadel fits well thematically with Vesper's setting he's making for Tempus. In Vesper's setting, the sun never sets. There is a reason for this, but it won't be relevant for a long time. At least one year of real time assuming they have a session ever week for the whole year (52 sessions). Vesper hopes they'll enjoy DnD enough to stick it out for the whole thing.

• Vesper had an idea for doing DnD "what I have planned" in member streams. He's leaning towards not doing that, and he might do postgame analysis of the DnD sessions instead.
  • [Eri-san, a recurring chatter in Vesper members streams asks] "halloween?"
    • Vesper regrets not playing a scary game for Halloween [he hasn't played a scary game yet, and his break day is tomorrow the 31st]. He's considering doing a guerilla stream of some game that holo has permissions for. It'll depend on whether the Tempus collab tomorrow is a scary game or not.
  • DnD postgame:
    • Vesper is happy the others all enjoyed it. That was his number one concern.
    • The warmup session was mostly in town talking to get them used to interacting with NPCs. There were also two battles.
    • chat: "I loved how Axel was being the voice of reason at the start."
      • Vesper: "He was still the voice of reason at the end, he just kind of gave up because they weren't listening to him. [...] What Axel was feeling in-character that night, I feel as a member of Tempus."
    • things Vesper liked:
      • how flexible and unpredictable the group is
        • e.g. they killed the kobold in a blanket which was a quest giver
          • The beauty of DnD is that you have the ability to go off the rails by doing that sort of thing.
          • They locked themselves out of the second most important quest in the dungeon.
    • Does Vesper like Fubuki's name for the party? [You Are Best Ever Party]
      • Vesper likes it, but the choice of name is up to the players.
    • What is CurioBot's alignment?
      • Magni left it blank. Vesper isn't sure if it was on purpose or because he doesn't know what it is.
    • Catxel is chaotic good and Altore is neutral good.
    • What's a constipation check?
      • "Ignore it! Ignore Axel."
    • Vesper hates humiliating characters. E.g. With a critical fail, Vesper doesn't want to do something like "you fumble your bow and destroy it". The characters are supposed to be competent, so fumbles should be something bad happening to them outside of their control. "Sheer dumb luck. You should never feel like your character is weak or powerless or incompetent."
    • Getting back to the constipation check.
      • Fail = can't take a poop
      • Pass = shit yourself
    • superchat: "Can you DM if you haven't played a lot of campaigns? I want to play with some friends but nobody knows D&D, and I want to play with people."
      • Yes. Everyone has to start somewhere. Playing with new players should always be a pretty okay experience for a new DM. Playing with experienced players is a toss-up. It might be really good or really miserable. The experienced player(s) need to be willing to just roll with whatever happens and mostly stay quiet and be a resource available for other players and the DM to consult for help with rules. They shouldn't be trying to push their knowledge onto the others.
    • superchat: 'once the party ran straight to my quest NPC and murdered him in a bar fight at the beginning of the session only cause "he was looking at me" had to wing the whole session with a random quest'
      • This has happened to Vesper a few times too. He was malding internally.
      • chat: "If the NPC was a stranger, just introduce the same NPC with another name :p"
        • Vesper typically doesn't do that. He likes to think of his TTRPG settings as operating independent of the characters. The rest of the world should be moving along regardless of what the characters are doing.
          • Does this mean Vesper has storylines going on in the background of the campaign?
            • Yes. Vesper's masterpiece setting that he DMed while in highschool and college had a war going on in the background of the setting. The players were not involved on either side, but the war would have trickle-down effects on them.
    • Vesper's main goal for the next few sessions is figuring out what he needs to do to "keep them hooked" and get them into their characters. The quickest way to make someone to love their character is making them feel like they have agency and power.
    • superchat: "its been i think 5 years since i tried that DM night and everything went wrong. players robbed other players, and they didnt liked the puns i added. a bit sad. maybe it was just with the wrong people! maybe i try it again!"
      • It's definitely a good idea, especially for new DMs, to set a ground rule of no PvP.
    • superchat: "Thoughts on Metagaming? In my experience my party had way more fun when we stopped talking about stats and "freezing time" when we made D&D decisions."
      • As a DM, you should be able to get a feel for if it would be more fun for the particular players to have a rule against metagaming.
        • "The hand of the DM should be light." Similar to a writer. Readers attempt to suspend disbelief and view the writer's creation as an actual place with characters that act like actual people. TTRPG players should be able to feel like there is weight to their interactions with the DM's world. The DM breaks that when they do things like tell the players they can't do something because "I think it should be like this therefore it's going to be like this."
      • If they're metagaming too hard you can take them to the side after the session and ask them to try to get into their character more. Don't embarrass players at the table.
    • superchat: "question, you can ignore if it's a spoiler: will you be chaining modules or will the campaign end after they clear this one?"
      • Vesper will not be chaining modules. After they finish the Sunless Citadel, they'll be moving into Vesper's homebrew campaign.
    • Vesper recommends Tales from the Yawning Portal. It's a book of several dungeons of different difficulties that can be easily bolted onto existing campaigns.
    • Vesper recommends Lost Mines of Phandelver for new DMs. It's free on the Wizards of the Coast website.
    • The Sunless Citadel fits well thematically with Vesper's setting he's making for Tempus. In Vesper's setting, the sun never sets. There is a reason for this, but it won't be relevant for a long time. At least one year of real time assuming they have a session ever week for the whole year (52 sessions). Vesper hopes they'll enjoy DnD enough to stick it out for the whole thing.
    • superchat: "Any idea if Altare and Axel have considered their subclasses yet?"
      • Vesper will talk to them individually when they get to level 3.
    • getting back to things Vesper liked:
      • rolling hp for enemies. It prevents the players from figuring out the exact hp of an enemy type
    • things Vesper didn't like:
      • Vesper messed up on the overlay. Magni took a few hours to help Vesper make it, but Vesper messed up when giving him the description, so the overlay covered important parts of the screen.
    • Vesper is considering letting the others roll their own physical dice. They're all interested in getting physical dice, and Vesper trusts them, but he isn't sure which would be the better viewing experience. He isn't sure if they can all do dice cam (especially Axel, because Vesper doesn't know if he has equipment available to do a handcam setup).
      • "a distressing amount" of the money Axel makes goes back into his music production.

Edit:
Damn that sounds like a really thrilling setting for a DnD campaign.
Just to clarify, Vesper is creating a new setting for the Tempus campaign. I should have noticed before posting, but having those two bullets next to each other in the highlights makes it sound like Vesper is recycling something he's done in the past.

Last edited:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
  • Vesper likes to think of his TTRPG settings as operating independent of the characters. The rest of the world should be moving along regardless of what the characters are doing.
  • The Sunless Citadel fits well thematically with Vesper's setting. In Vesper's setting, the sun never sets. There is a reason for this, but it won't be relevant for a long time. At least one year of real time assuming they have a session ever week for the whole year (52 sessions). Vesper hopes they'll enjoy DnD enough to stick it out for the whole thing.
Damn that sounds like a really thrilling setting for a DnD campaign.

Clip tax:

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I really love that Ame can change stream POV.

Ame MVP

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Pippa's autistic rant streams really wear out my brain. She's pretty fucking retarded, but she's also cute so it's okay.

Edit:

What if I don't want to? :smugpipi:

Last edited:

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter
Nobody told me kobo is actually a genius

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Grimmi going over PT lore with resident milk bone enjoyer LeonidasUmbra. Leonidas is sloshed

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Kaela's not into Gura's cooking. Featuring a guest appearance by our very own resident opsec 101 failure in the chat at 0:22.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
I seem to recall someone on the homeland saying Shiina addressed that she thought her outfit was too much to Sakana and he dismissed it
Yeah, she thought her design might show too much, but that doesn't equate to her personally disliking it. Like I said earlier, I think people just ended up projecting their own hang-ups on her.

Having Watson as the responsible adult this time around makes a world of difference when Council's involved. They'd all still be fucking around inside if she wasn't around telling them what needs to happen next and what the group needs to do in order to progress the stream.
Lol, Ame literally has to wrangle them to where they need to be.
It's almost as if Amelia is.. ah fuck it, do I even need to say it? Everyone already knows how indispensable she is to the operation of any EN event. One of my favorite Amelia clips is from last year, because even when she was running everything she was still looking at and checking on Gura when she was motion sick. She's ENs most important asset, I wonder if they could've ever conceived just how much gold they struck with 3view Sachi?

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Kaela's not into Gura's cooking. Featuring a guest appearance by our very own resident opsec 101 failure in the chat at 0:22.

hey that’s me

Yay. :kaelalaugh:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Were there any interesting reactions from Pippa's regulars to the Rama Rama event? I was too busy playing videogames to pay attention to chat.

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Were there any interesting reactions from Pippa's regulars to the Rama Rama event? I was too busy playing videogames to pay attention to chat.
Chat alerted her to it a few seconds after it started. She said she'd have to catch the archive later.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Everyone is busy with Gura stuff but Nyanners just debuted a new model for Halloween, honestly regardless of you opinion on the coomerbait design the riggin is amazing, and the little boss battle skit she did was fun.
View attachment 3991

Also great new lore video by Merry, that I assume is gonna be upload separately later.
Why is there a giant action RPG boss HP bar at the top when there's also a FFVII-esque ATB-like menu? Pink cat hate, she must have done it on purpose. Disgustang.
Why the fuck did fishman think it was a good idea to make EVERYONE play ship game for an ad? You just get done with pippa ship game, and then you go check out other vtubers and they also play ship game, you wouldnt wanr to watch more ship game after that! And thats besides overexposure making ads have opposite effect, making you sick of seeing ship game
It's possible the promotion deal involved more than one talents, viewerbases of the girls do not have 100% cross-coverage after all so this gives more exposure.
Calli's mind is in the gutter, she saw Ame's drawing of a bone and immediately thought something lewd (like a COCK).
That's what you get when your oshi is collabing with penishavers or filthy ani/fleshtubers. Apologise to the unicorns, now! 🦄

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I scanned the QR Code in the music video

Jealous

Lurker
.I like to believe the "XIII" isn't just for show and means something, but this is Axel
No. XIII and cat. There's only one character that I remembered in an anime.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652...jpeg

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Not really, this is basically all the negativity I saw.
1667194018572.png
If someone were to go check the Discords though, I'd be willing to bet there'd be much more animosity. On the whole, chat was pretty positive about it.
Chat alerted her to it a few seconds after it started. She said she'd have to catch the archive later.
Here's the timestamp and a clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom