"no im not going to paris - the thought of going to paris makes me want to die - have fun tho y’all going"Demondice

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I don't play these tabletop D&D type games, is it normal for the GM to be malding?
You get extra points and better rolls if you make the GM regret his life choices.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
That's 99.99% of the fun for the player.
It's not really DnD if the DM isn't forgetting about tank marks every other turn and committing suicide with all of his goons, then getting mad about it.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
The stream is titled "Vtubers playing Dungeons & Dragons for the first time". Honestly impressed with the rules they do know.
Vesper isn't new and they did a session prior to this (which is why they're level 2), and imo the character of "Altor" should know they can jump that far based on experience. I would have told Altare he could make the jump personally if I were GMing for him, just because sitting around outside the pit is boring and I believe characters should know their basic capabilities like jumping or what their spells do on a basic level for example.

I don't play these tabletop D&D type games, is it normal for the GM to be malding?
Sorta, some DMs really want to sort of feel like they're equally play against their players during combat/social situations because its fun to watch players struggle. So your rats missing vs the Warlock is just unlucky. Think of it as-if you were playing this and you couldn't hit to save your life, that's Vesper's perspective with missing Magni multiple times in a row.

Vesper is too autistic to fudge the numbers. He could have kept his giant rat alive instead of letting Magni oneshot it.
Fudging for your own stuff is gay, if you misalign your numbers to what your player can do or your players are just lucky, then that's just how the game is or its your fault. I would only fudge for brand new players in their favor if they're really unlucky or something just so they don't have a horrible first experience that isn't their own fault. This fight was going bad really quick until Magbot got those lucky carry rolls, so I'd say they deserved that streak of luck.

If you consistently fudge your own stuff as a DM you're basically cheating your players as nothing your players does really matters, because you're setting a streak of just making shit up when it suits you.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Fish man robbed us of a ship girl and a crab girl
sam-hyde-hasan-piker.gif

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Whew, that was a fun session. Sorry to the girls, but the boys fucking killed it. Dez goes all in with his stupid bullshit and I love it.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
If he's going off at bad rolls it means he's playing fair. The GM can fuck over the players without touching a single die.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
So Pippa was the one that has wanted a sponsorship for a while. I guess Wargaming is just pretty dumb and wants a family friendly image of their game where you murder hundreds of people with battleships. :smugpipi:

RGM-79S GM Spartan

Ground Mobile Suit
In my decade plus of experience yes.

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Pippa: Fish man never had much lore for me.
Translation: He was too busy playing league that when debut day came around he had to scramble.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Grimmi going live

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
She hasn't played a match of boats yet, and La Bamba has already been busted out.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

It tends to happen when they plan a boss encounter fight and one player not only kills it in a single attack, but the follow up attacks from add-goons both critically fail with the lowest roll possible. I think the killing blow was a crit as well, so the player rolls a natural 20, which does double the damage, and both enemy attacks are 1s back to back, which is always a miss.

It's why I never open roll anymore, because my dice luck is cursed and if I went by dice rolls I would never touch a player character ever.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Pippa is picking up an editor, which means more video content than before probably.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
In the Nijisanji related non-YT fuckery:

View attachment 3918
NijiID's Bonnivier Pranaja's twitter account got hacked and turned into elon musk shilling machine. He is now forced to use Facebook as backup.
That's pretty funny.

I'm surprised not everyone has heard of Katawa Shoujo but I guess I spent too much time on /a/ in the past. Honestly it would be a fine VN to stream since you can turn off erotic content and there's a really interesting history behind the game. And the subject matter is pretty interesting and done well in general too. I think there's probably just a stigma associated with it for... quite a few different reasons.
Wasnt Katawa Shoujo 2009? Feels like most of the people dont know much about pre-2015 4chan.

Yes. That is part of the fun.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Wasnt Katawa Shoujo 2009? Feels like most of the people dont know much about pre-2015 4chan.
The full release was 2012. You might be thinking of an early demo release.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Pippa: Fish man never had much lore for me.
Hold the fuck, Pippa has lore?

You know what? It doesn't matter. Her real life lore is better than any cringe vtuber lore could ever be.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
They sunk our Battle Pippa. :pippasadl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom