"Italians are white. Italians are not black. Americans are dark. Americans are brown"Komachi Panko

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalion

:)

A
Miko will be taking a break to spend time with her family. Sounds like her grandpa just passed away.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Which is more gay.png

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Lamy started another stream not long afrer the holocure stream. She is now playing pikmin 4. Im glad she feels better but i dont want her to feel guilty and burn herself right after the coof.take care of yoyrself wamy :sanasmile:

Edit : also MGS3 gameplay from blue rabbit

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Limkin

I could have sworn I've read that every Hololive accounts on Bilibili are run by "fans", despite having the word "official" on them.
If you want to have a monetized Bilibili channel you have to be a native chinese citizen. They only work with national banks, who only open accounts to residents. There is no workaround for this, they are as anal about it as possible, because China is scared shitless of moving money outside of country. To be able to profit off of your channel as a company the only legal way to do so is to set up a proxy company in China, which should have at least 51% ownership by a local company from the government approved list. However, per local laws you have to disclose all of your financial info for the parent company (yes, not the proxy) for them to even consider to open it, keep sending financial reports monthly, have a chinese supervisor who can request any kind of info related to your company at the moment notice (including, but not limited to, names and address of employees) and the list goes on. This is before their updated rules on vtubers that was released some time after Taiwan shit, that's just general rules. But even if you do all of this they can still decide to just... not send you your money because they didn't feel like it. Almost every time any kind of entertainment company which is not native to China is brought up with "They have a huge following in China they must be making millions off of their Bilibili channel!" it's nearly guaranteed they do not get a single penny out of it. There is a second way of doing this, which strictly speaking goes against the rules and can put people running a channel at risk, where they register it as a personal account and then simply send you money, but CCP will come knocking on your door asking why you are sending money to foreigners.
The reddit article you brought up is disingenuous to say the least, portraying people running the channel as some kind of saints who do it for free when in reality they are the ones who are getting all the money from it and then decide how much do they want (and if they want) to send to Cover. Nothing could stop them from lying about it and not giving any money whatsoever. As far as I know they had a proxy company managing money flow, and part of the deal for how Cover was able to set it up was the existence of CN branch, which according to financial reports was borderline bleeding money but it still leaves the question of how much were they actually getting and how much this chinese "fans" were pocketing for personal use

TL;DR - Cover at best had little to no control over channels because chinese autism, income from it was entirely at the mercy of people running it not real numbers, just because it exists, doesn't mean a channel has any affiliation with a company it "portrays" because insert more chinese autism

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I never watched this girl but i know she been around for a while. She posted a sneak peak of her birthday guests. Looks like bae rosemi ollie and i honestly dont know the rest lol

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Beat to the info before I could post, but here's the two making up:

I've been thinking about this incident a bit. I know this place is kind of an echo chamber of negativity about Yuri/Nano ever since her fallout with PC (and I've contributed more than my share to that) but clearly she still has her fans, some of whom are clearly not complete pinheads. Why is this so? Maybe some of them know something we don't about the situation but I presume not all of them.

Triggerpoint, Kirsche, Moonshine, Bagsterd or anyone else who's a Nano fan or collaborator, please decloak for a moment and stick up for your bnuuy. Let us know why we're wrong and she deserves to be tolerated if not watched.

Last edited:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
[Horrible news]
Ami had a bad dream about someone breaking into her web. She also peed in a bucket, presumably within the dream.

Marine is hobbit height.
>IMAGINE
Pretty much. Anyone dumb enough to use Opera deserves to have an anime girl shoved in their face when they open their browser.
Opera used to be a good browser for a paid proprietary-going-freeware one, the Presto engine in its twilight days was cutting edge and performed amazingly on my potato PC even when Seamonkey or Firefox refused to perform decently enough. Shame what happened with them.
Don't use OperaGX or le shill lion. Use Ungoogled Chromium with uBlock instead.
It's still using Chromium foundation, I strongly advise against touching anything Chrome-related (that includes anything based on Blink, like browsers based on QtWebEngine).

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I would say nuke Japan, but we tried that twice and it might have made them worse
once was too much twice was not enough. I will never stop.
Cat on me while watching this Mahjong stream. I think I'm actually more confused than he is rn. Is Jelly winning, also how does Mahjong work and what is your favourite flavour of Mahjong tile

Edit: what just happened???????
Chink game, only the insectoid mind is able to comprehend it.
it's poker with tiles that's literally it. your matching them by the "season" of the tile rather then a numbered hand.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Midnight Grand Orchestra, the musical project Suisei is in with Taku Inoue will be releasing its 2nd mini album on 13th December

Special site for the album with album illustration and tracklist below

One of the new song, "Yoru wo Matsuyo/I'll wait for the night" will be released in advance on 8th Sept

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

ogey_rrat

ogey

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Subaru is finally playing YuGuOh!

Seems like she's not playing it on stream but will be talking about her experience with Master Duel, her current deck/collection and introducing the game to beginners. Basically this is gonna be an hour or so of her passion-ranting and it'll be blessed, especially considering almost all of her recent free talk streams always tangent into YuGiOh somehow.

Also she might be taking the rest of the week off because she has to travel far to do some recordings :painpeko:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom