"From the belly I lay an egg and then a rat comes out, how do you think I feel man?"Pavolia Reine

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
foto_no_exif (6).jpg
Thanks, Google, but not right now.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
This is just evidence of how truly stupid staff is behind the scenes to not even know the difference between rotorcraft and gliders.

I mean its Hologra, I thought the fact that it very obviously wasn't a helicopter was the joke. Why make something make sense when it could not make sense but still work just fine for the episode.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
If I recall, since the game was made to be run at 30 FPS it's almost impossible for you to grab onto the chopper for some reason. It's the same glitch that causes those weird zoom-in you see during some cinematics.
In the words of their president, the y don't just make ports or remasters.
Because they make sure to be as godawful, buggy and expensive as possible. You would think that a company that started on PC would care a little.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

Here's the Idol Corp. talent cut.

tl;dr - 60% direct payment, 15% reserved for expenses, 25% to the company. Sponsorships and merch sales are handled separately.

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker
In the words of their president, the y don't just make ports or remasters.
Because they make sure to be as godawful, buggy and expensive as possible. You would think that a company that started on PC would care a little.
Looked it up, it's worse; GTA IV was made during the high of the console wars, so it was designed to be played at 30 FPS since it was made for consoles first (It has a fucking slider to set the resolution in the options menu) before any PC port was made, so playing at a higher framerate actually breaks the game. Beside the camera zoom-ins and helicoper stuff, it also breaks the car speed and vehicle handeling too. I'm surpirsed the game only crashed once on her and didn't bug out until now.

Limkin

Not so different from the rest, as 50% and maybe renegotiation a year after for a better cut was always assumed to be the case. With their whole "we cover the costs" it basically means if you are just an autist playing games all days you are effectively subsidizing other more productive members' covers and projects. On the other hand, while sugaring it a lot, it's realistic numbers, he isn't going full retard "our talents receive 90% cut so you all better start paying the same losers" just to poach talents. Instead just the normal "It's not a secret and I am tired of pretending that it should be"

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Archive

tl;dr - 60% direct payment, 15% reserved for expenses, 25% to the company. Sponsorships and merch sales are handled separately.

Claiming the 15% towards the expenses as being part of their payment is pretty misleading tbh. So really, Idol takes a higher cut than Holo lol

They also don't say anything about merch. Pretty typical corpospeak in an attempt to market themselves as some kind of benevolent god.

Edit: edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Archive

Rin's talking about it currently. That 15% for expenses is also based on scheduling and timing. She had to pay for her 2nd original song cause she was asking for funds when management was investing in Gen 2 stuff and the budget was tight. She could have waited until after Gen 2's debuts and got it covered by management but wanted to work on it sooner so she covered it herself. Her 3rd original song seems like it'll be completely covered by management though.

She's also hoping this will ratio Aviel again.
Edit: Didn't realize how massive that tweet was.

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
So really, this is actually a higher cut than Holo lol
Yeah but how much does the average IDOL Vtuber gets from that LOL.75% with that CCV and superchats is shit.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Claiming the 15% towards the expenses as being part of their payment is pretty misleading tbh. So really, this is actually a higher cut than Holo lol

They also don't say anything about merch. Pretty typical corpospeak in an attempt to market themselves as some kind of benevolent god.
A bigger piece of a much smaller pie, but yes a bigger piece.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Yeah but how much does the average IDOL Vtuber gets from that LOL.75% with that CCV and superchats is shit.
It isn't 75%, I am saying it is 60%. That means Idol takes 40% and allocates 15% of that to covering business expenses of their employees. Holo supposeably takes 30%, but the talents normally have to pay for stuff themselves, aside from their allowance for debut. But that also means they can choose to use that money for other things that aren't work-related, which is not the case for Idol.

I'm just saying that 15% note is very misleading.

Edit: NVM, math is wrong. If Holo is 50/50, then Idol would be 40/60. I was thinking about Holo's cut including Youtube's which would be 35% for both Holo and Talent after Youtube takes their portion.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Archive

Aviel please, the government can't keep funding you forever, I don't want Rin to be e-homeless after the gibs dry up.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Bijou eats a fly. :BijouBijou:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Really nigga? Coming from a woman who came back less than a month after graduating to stir up old shit about Lumi while Lumi was on vacation. I can't even be sarcastic about this one. The lack of self awareness with Hylo is beyond retarded.
:whatastory:

Have any of the Cyberlive thots every apologized on any level for the stuff they were caught saying about Lumi?
I would assume Yuri may have since they were good friends when they jumped ship, but I've seen no evidence of such. In one of the two screenshots of the Discord leak we have, Pandora did say she wanted to leave on civil terms, whatever that means. Other than that, I've seen nothing.

As far as the Aura stuff, despite everything, I honestly don't wish ill of her. Opera is retarded for inflating numbers in any sketchy ways because it makes Aura look bad as the face of this whole operation, even though I doubt she had any hand in the decision. I'm sure her numbers will stabilize and any criticism against Opera over this will die down in a few days, so it's whatever at the end of the day.

Now that being said, I am all for laughing at her if she does stupid things like blocking Pippa or having a bot that blocked her. Not sure if it was her or the company, but until I hear otherwise, I'll just laugh at her for that.
:selenpointandlaugh:

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Archive

I'm curious about other stuff:

1. How is tax deduction handled? Does local government rules apply? Does Idol manage it by themselves and make the talents' life easier? What if the talent want to embezzle that money because their government is corrupt to the point of no recovery? If I remember correctly it's a israeli company and I'm completely clueless about their legislation.
2. What about marketing/ads? Does the talents' viewership influence a possible cut from those?
3. What about merch cuts? Fixed cut with overhead as profit for the talent or based on royalties?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom