"I came back from searching for all that smoked milk and trying to get back to you while being chased by the government"Skye Shinryu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
We can always do categories for corpo vtubers and indie ones or something. Maybe one for big yabs that affect career in some way, and another for just simple derp moments on stream?

Can also do one about Best new comer of this year! Where people vote on who they think is best new vtuber to come out this year. Can also really segregate things to corpo/indie to make things more fair.
Splitting it up between corpo and indie would be good, maybe even a single "best 2view" option as well. There could even be a biggest unicorn category, but Gabriel would win that easy as not too many people can match selling their family's land to buy a plane ticket to see their oshi at a con.

As for another category, there could be a "worst/best creation" whether culinary, drawn, or otherwise to highlight some of the lunacy out there.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The issue is Pippa would likely win every time. :smugpipi:
The important aspects of our awards are not to make them gamefaqs-like, you what I mean? Every year was the same battle between goku and sephiroth bullshit.

What you do is find simple categories: game skill, lack of game skill, zatsudan, master of jokes, master of situational comedy, dedicated performer, singer, unseisoness, body hygiene, living hygiene, subscriber fanservice, ASMR, unintentional yabai, the people's champion, everyone's friend.

Then you make awards for the orbiting factors: most insufferable fanbase, worst corpo support, worst managers, the biggest asshole clickbaiter clipper, autist among autists, terrible merchandise, scheduling fuck up, black company of the year.

This is how you make awards interesting and impossible to rig out to the most popular streamers. Otherwise we're gonna have gura, pekora and pippa just sweep everything.

RiverBear

1666918586102.png

I don't Niji but can anyone confirm?

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Does /vt/ not do one? I figured they'd have their own version mr./ms. /co/.
While I think that'd be nice, no, they don't. Far too much infighting would occur if it was done. Better to just have the divegrass league for the board so the generals can fight each other without (as much) schizophrenia.

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
What would be nominated this year other than the Rushia thing? That fake Pippa dox doesn't count.
Did you forget that Pippa making fun of the Gunt was also this year? That was the yab that launched her into stardom. It resurrected Ken Ashcorp and without it many in this thread, including her biggest simp @Reticule, would have never heard of her.

As for not having Pippa sweep everything just make a bunch of categories for stuff she can’t do, like singing, gaming and settling down with a loving husband who isn’t a closet homosexual/pedophile.
The important aspects of our awards are not to make them gamefaqs-like, you what I mean? Every year was the same battle between goku and sephiroth bullshit.

What you do is find simple categories: game skill, lack of game skill, zatsudan, master of jokes, master of situational comedy, dedicated performer, singer, unseisoness, body hygiene, living hygiene, subscriber fanservice, ASMR, unintentional yabai, the people's champion, everyone's friend.

Then you make awards for the orbiting factors: most insufferable fanbase, worst corpo support, worst managers, the biggest asshole clickbaiter clipper, autist among autists, terrible merchandise, scheduling fuck up, black company of the year.

This is how you make awards interesting and impossible to rig out to the most popular streamers. Otherwise we're gonna have gura, pekora and pippa just sweep everything.
Yeah, like this.

kestraline

Early Adopter
No Block Game, so Lia is getting executed.

1666919521784.png

RiverBear

So according to YouTube's Streamy Awards, the only vtubers that matter are CodeMiko and four others who are in the same group as each other....
View attachment 3660

Remind me, do they actually stream on YouTube? There's a whole load of names that deserved to be nominated, rather than them.

I was just about to post Pippa's response to this bullshit:

And oooohhh, Zentreya's been killing...what, exactly? The battery on their TTS machine? It may as well say "The Streamys™, sponsored by VShojo™"

View attachment 3663

Okay, YouTube. Makes sense.

View attachment 3661

Ah. So it's about as fair as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions or the Oscars. Corporate bullshit only.
1666919586620.png

1. Streamys has rights to use Youtube in the name but they are not limited to only Youtube.
2. You must nominate yourself or have a representative nominate you and you also have to pay a "Submission Fee"
So it makes sense for the Niji and Holos to not be here, but it is kinda weird to have 4 VShojos fighting for "Best Vtuber" award, but I wouldn't put it against them that they might be using this as a marketing tool to spread their name out there.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
I found this quite humorous:

Going by the way Towa says the line, this totally was a thing in the JP community 'back in the day'. It also make me ponder, how many of these misheard dialogue lines are apart of the JP gaming community consciousness?

angry sushi

Early Adopter
Can I say how much I appreciate the Tempus boys? Like man, they are easily a great addition to HoloEN. Regus is probably the one that surprise the most. I expecting him to be the fujoshi bait streamer but what we got is the complete opposite of that. They play off of each other really well.
All of their respective roommates we're basically pre-approved around these parts as everyone had been found before each of their debut stream ended. The only one I knew of was magni, and seeing him turn his content machine from milf lover's 101 itashi into a ferrari sponsored crudely drawn racing weeb machine, i can only hope he hits his stride here in due time. I didn't see anyone in this community react negatively towards any of them, concerns were made, but definitely not anywhere near the hatred we saw with pink and orange woman bad. The anti's for the boys are very "They're great, but not for me" types, unlike the doom calli posting or kiara chicken shitters.

Also you can definitely can see the brotherhood come together among them to survive the unknown work behind the scenes after listening to my favorite oshii Vespie zatzu's describe various ideas the group shared around. The devil is in the details left out of the stories vesper shares with all the ideas mentioned and discussed, you really have to pay attention to understand the depth of ideas presented. I'm sure management is having one hell of a time on their hands with the boys pushing new boundaries internally with their insane ideas.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Just remembered this funny little moment from the first collab between Towa and Mewwmei. No clips of it on YT when I checked, but that can't stop me.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
So this is a thing:
1666921295011.png

1666921277293.png

Edit: I like how Rackets and Tim Pool is right there

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The homeland shall rise again! Update
View attachment 3681
>site will no longer be centralized
>people have helped out with the clearnet
It's uh, it's almost as if the fat jew and ginger dwarf from 8chan offered to help with a decentralized clearnet solution as soon as the site went down the first time or something. Dear sneeder coulda saved himself quite a bit of time and stress had he just talked to them.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Nyaru doing karaoke requests:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
It's uh, it's almost as if the fat jew and ginger dwarf from 8chan offered to help with a decentralized clearnet solution as soon as the site went down the first time or something. Dear sneeder coulda saved himself quite a bit of time and stress had he just talked to them.
To be fair even Graf has offered to help despite having all of his own nonsense. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see more independent tech rising with how shit things have gotten lately, as I've seen more and more people complaining about censorship, especially in the finance space where they're not discussing anything controversial besides commodity prices. When you can't even talk about basic shit because it upsets the narrative you'll see rebellion.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
besides commodity prices.
Yea im pretty sure they gonna ban that too as soon as winter starts and recession really hits. I have my man at britbonglandia say hell pay leg and arm for electricity starting from january

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Unironically, if it happens, we need a "Master Chef" award because there's been some fucking culinary abominations this year
The ironic one is a tie between everyone who isn't Onigiri or Choco, the genuine one is a tie between Choco and Onigiri?

(I count Lui as Choco, she's part of her show)

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Yea im pretty sure they gonna ban that too as soon as winter starts and recession really hits. I have my man at britbonglandia say hell pay leg and arm for electricity starting from january
It's already started, apparently Australia and New Zealand couldn't watch a video, that also got its ad's removed (with human review) because the guy said fed printing was like a drug and all he does is talk about the stock market (time stamped):

It went from being rare, to being a constant thing I'm seeing on every channel lately.

TwoBit

Early Adopter
Admittedly, I haven't kept up with the ongoing situation of the homeland because it just depresses the hell out of me that dickless retards are getting away with destroying the internet. But what is the context of this?

Who is the fat jew? There's plenty of fat jews around. And I thought Brennan hated Jersh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom