"I was always really curious about what... what being fucked by a tentacle would feel like"Himemiya Rie

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
When did people start he getting attached to IRyS' design? I could have sworn that many months after her debut I still see many complaints on her design, citing that she could have pull much better numbers if her design is more in-line with her branch mates.

Speaking about "bad design", it's hilarious that all the "bad design" complaints on Magni and Vesper predebut pretty much vanished right after their debut. My theory is that for males, design aren't nearly as important as long as you have a good personality.
I've told the story before, but I fell into this rabbit hole because of IRyS' unique look (aka, not 'Generic Anime Girl #153'), so I liked her design from the start and it's why I clicked on her video in the first place.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Speaking about "bad design", it's hilarious that all the "bad design" complaints on Magni and Vesper predebut pretty much vanished right after their debut. My theory is that for males, design aren't nearly as important as long as you have a good personality.
As long as the design isn't like literally Twitter design or weird fetish shit, I don't think it matters for any VTuber, tbh. As long as the art is passable, the talent's ability to entertain matters way more. That is how it is for me, at least.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I loved the uniqueness of IRyS' designed, backed up by her quirks. There were a bunch (and I mean a couple) of aspies bemoaning that her look "didn't fit in" with the rest of the company, so it might be an issue of loud repetition supplanting larger group of complainers.

TwoBit

Early Adopter
When did people start he getting attached to IRyS' design? I could have sworn that many months after her debut I still see many complaints on her design, citing that she could have pull much better numbers if her design is more in-line with her branch mates.

IRyS will forever remind me of a puppet from The Dark Crystal. But her model does have a certain charm to it. What really won me over is her personality. She is YabaIRyS for a reason. Her mannerisms and dorkiness are so endearing that I can't help but catch her streams when I get the chance to. I am interested in the possible redesign she's been alluding to.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Speaking of ancestral homeland, is anyone able to get on the site right now or is it just me?
Jersh said he was going to be working on things and probably broke something.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Fishman can't escape our ancestral homeland :smugpipi:

Speaking of ancestral homeland, is anyone able to get on the site right now or is it just me?
the drooling mutt probably broke something... again.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
I'm sucking up my dignity to ask this, but do you think a Hololive fanfiction can be good? Like actually trying to use the characters for more than just smut or something?
Kinda curious since I got nothing better to do and figured I give it a go.

I would say yes, but it's rare to find good quality stories from decent authors. The vast majority (like 98%) of all fanfiction is shit, regardless of genre. I'm sucking up my dignity to admit that I was once prolific as a fan fiction author (and I never said I was any good).

Main problem with fan fiction is that either the writer doesn't understand the basics of writing and it hurts to read it, or even worse: they do hook you on a good story, and they proceed to never finish it.

A horror story:

the horror by @underdatv.jpg

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Incoming collab with some Council girls (Fauna, Mumei and rat) and Haachamachamaaaaaa

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter

Another rat cover

Aw man. That art is great. The song too; those deep vocals are perfect and somewhat surprising to hear from Bae. I've said this before, but I really dislike the traditional J-Pop/Idol-esque songs. Things like this are way more my style.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

It's always been like that. People were shitting on how stupid Kronii's design was pre-debut. Folks were expecting an ara-ara nee-san personality for Ina due to the tentacles. A GOOD and ENTERTAINING chuuba's personality will always render most character design criticisms as afterthoughts.

Incoming collab with some Council girls (Fauna, Mumei and rat) and Haachamachamaaaaaa

Is this the first time Haachama's gonna be playing with Council? Or was she around for the Rust meta?

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Villain karaoke with Mio

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Is this the first time Haachama's gonna be playing with Council? Or was she around for the Rust meta?
She showed Mumei and....Fauna(?) Bae around her tower in Minecraft I know.

And something I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss in IRyS 2.0 is that she will probably have a default smile. With her current model, she has to smile all the time in order to make her model smile, so for instance in the current stream, you can tell she's not actually smiling. I just think it's neat:
1666498404802.png

But most likely, the 2.0 model will have a default 'smile' position regardless of her IRL face.
And she just added glasses to the witch costume. :irysthumbsupl:

Last edited:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I think this is the first time with multiple members of council, it does seem like she's met one of them before but I can't remember which one or if I'm even right or hallucinating. Either way hoping for good results, Haachama must assert dominance as Strongest

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Haachama has had a couple collabs with Council:

IRyS collabed with her exactly once, officially anyway:

She also made a short appearance on a Bae Apex stream:

kukkia

Early Adopter
I'm sucking up my dignity to ask this, but do you think a Hololive fanfiction can be good? Like actually trying to use the characters for more than just smut or something?
Kinda curious since I got nothing better to do and figured I give it a go.

If you wanna give it a go, don't let anyone stop you. That being said I think it would be very hard to make good Hololive (or general vtuber) fanfiction. Frankly most attempts by Hololive itself (the Alternative stuff) at creating some sort of idea of a plot or narrative common to all of the members don't seem to be going anywhere. It's fun to have a PV where all the girls are swinging weapons in a fantasy world but I've yet to see evidence and find it hard to imagine how that could be turned into an actually compelling story while staying true to their personalities.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Favorite Dingo has outed himself as a chunky chaser

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

Cute clip of some randoms in an Apex lobby recognizing Towa and vowing to protect and be her wall.. while being super talkative and spouting off random English. It's been a while but Towa's giggles really are adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom