"no im not going to paris - the thought of going to paris makes me want to die - have fun tho y’all going"Demondice

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensok

Early Adopter
do you think a Hololive fanfiction can be good
Yes, but I have no physical proof of this cause people only seem to be writing garbage. But most definitely yes. I have experience with fanfiction from many different fandoms, there are always gems. Hololive allows for all kinds of fanfiction too, slice of life, comedy, a big adventure focused on the lore, etc.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
I'm sucking up my dignity to ask this, but do you think a Hololive fanfiction can be good? Like actually trying to use the characters for more than just smut or something?
Kinda curious since I got nothing better to do and figured I give it a go.
All fanfiction can be good, the characters exist have working personalities is just a a matter of good writing a good setting and story, be it sticking to Vtuber fanfiction or trying to write lore fanfiction is entirely to the writer if is good or not.

I find it funny, mike is over her having one of her biggest meltdowns yet, meanwhile is about to have a fanmeet in Taiwan of all places and prolly have a great time with some of her most dedicated fans, night and day of post hololive life.

Also I think this is the fanmeet she said she would show a new outfit, like actual real life clothes outfit, so interested in that (but i think she also said no pictures allowed I think so hopefully someone pulls tru for us).

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I'm sucking up my dignity to ask this, but do you think a Hololive fanfiction can be good? Like actually trying to use the characters for more than just smut or something?
Yes, but I have no physical proof of this cause people only seem to be writing garbage. But most definitely yes. I have experience with fanfiction from many different fandoms, there are always gems. Hololive allows for all kinds of fanfiction too, slice of life, comedy, a big adventure focused on the lore, etc.
Hell we just recently got a what amounts to video fanfiction with Gura and Ame that was pretty great

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
peko shopping by @yeetrbium.jpg

chainsaw cookie by @mpien6.jpg

TwoBit

Early Adopter
Absolutely. But like others have said, it's all about the quality. The characters are there and have their backstories. Some characters may not be quite so original, but so what? Myth alone would make a great story. I just have no faith in any fanfiction writer to come up with something.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Anything can be good if it's done with talent, or at least a lot of planning. I used to write short horror stories and would outline the entire thing and have a beginning, middle, and end planned out. Then in the actually writing I would write my way to those goals.

The good thing is you already have characters that you can draw from which is one of the biggest challenge at least for me in writing.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Incoming in a few minutes... Sorry Bae, I'm not watching your weird loli bit.

Ensok

Early Adopter

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Chat: Spell Icup
Loli Bae: OK! I-C-U-P, Icup!
Aight, that's enough of that, bouncing over to IRyS.

A tryhard white woman of above average weight wearing skulls must be a very telling sign of them being an influencer of a weaboo company
The times, they are a changin'.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Bae has gone full loli, much to the chagrin of many users here I suspect.

If I wasn't already on a list beforehand then I certainly am now for clicking on this honeypot stream.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I don't know if she talked, but IRyS showed up in Bae's chat while on the loading screen for her own stream. Probably going to check out that segment of Bae's vod later.
Also, IRyS starting by looping a moan, nice.

Edit: "Oh no, the cat's having a migraine." - IRyS

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Another rat cover

How did she go from the stream she just had to releasing this cover? Talk about tonal-whiplash. Love the cover, though.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Lucy Pyre is now an official vtuber:

Looks like she took some inspiration from the Calli/Gura version and added some rapping to the instrumental sections.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Good fanfiction beyond the obvious need of actual creative writing skills is based on taking a core idea (usually the characters and/or setting) within a piece of media and doing something else with it that isn't being done within its original franchise. Holo characters are too limited in what you can even copy from while staying "true to the character", yet to me they are so particular due to them also being real life people that I'd rather just write a full original story then Holo fanfiction.

Fanfiction is supposed to be a writing shortcut instead of making a full original story, while I'd say it is harder to write a good interesting "canon" fanfic about any Holo member then writing an original story if I'd want to do well. Though that might just be my particular writing style because when it comes to writing outside of original stuff I am super picky about being accurate to the character.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
When did people start he getting attached to IRyS' design? I could have sworn that many months after her debut I still see many complaints on her design, citing that she could have pull much better numbers if her design is more in-line with her branch mates.

Speaking about "bad design", it's hilarious that all the "bad design" complaints on Magni and Vesper predebut pretty much vanished right after their debut. My theory is that for males, design aren't nearly as important as long as you have a good personality.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom